2017 Mazda3 or 2015 CPO Miata?

2017 Mazda3 or 2015 CPO Miata?

I've looked at both, driven both, I love them both. I prefer the base model Mazda3 because it doesn't have that awful infotainment system to deal with, just knobs and dials. The Miata was a peach to drive, lacks practicality for my next vehicle though, especially since I'm trading in my 2012 civic for it. I thoroughly enjoyed both vehicles regardless, the Mazda3 is going to run me less because of rebates the Miata doesn't get offered, not to mention I have a dog I like taking to the park, have to shop for groceries, etc.

Looking at an automatic for the mazda3 for sure, because it's a daily driver I don't want to hassle with. Possibly getting auto for the miata too.

Thoughts?

You won't enjoy the miata as a daily driver, it loses its charm quick, and isn't great for daily necessities needed out of one car households.

>You won't enjoy the miata as a daily driver, it loses its charm quick
Confirmed for never driving a miata

what are you even talking about?

I try to find excuses to go out for a drive.

Shit, I do that in my corolla.

To the store? Can you fit more than 40 bucks of groceries in the boot?

Get the Mazda 3 if you want a practical car, Miata if you want a fun car.
The Miata isn't too bad for groceries if you're willing to take a few minutes to organize things, rather than just chuck them in.

easy.

It's got a big enough boot, an empty passenger seat (or footwell if my wife is with me) and it's got some good luggage space behind the seats where the top would normally go if it was down.

I'd post pictures of shit i've been able to jam in but i can't be bothered.

I daily a 2016 Miata.
>putting around town
Cozy and fun. Can fit in tight parking spaces that most other cars can't.
>going on the highway
Makes me wish I had anything but a convertible. The drone of the wind noise overhead and the tires on the road give me a god damn headache after 3-4 hours. I definitely do not recommend it.

So it all depends on your commute really. Both are perfect for going around town, but the Mazda3 is waaaay more suited for highway speeds.

>automatic mazda 3
sort of understandable but not really, autos on low-power cars are not fun
>automatic MX-5
Fucking hell, why? The whole point of an MX-5 is that it's a lightweight, fun car with a lovely gearbox. Getting it as an automatic is entirely defeating the point.

Mazda 3 or 6. Only functional cars they sell.

The 6 is actually good. Miata is more of a side car or for kids.

>NC A SHIT
Even that you thought about a Miata with an automatic transmission proves that you are a fat amerishit who can't drive for sure.

Or maybe some people don't have the muh auto mentality and don't give a shit about shifting every 4 seconds for am hour while in congested city traffic.
>autos on low-power cars are not fun
Manuals in low power cars aren't fun either, they're low powered, they're not meant to bench race they're meant to get to work.

A low powered car can be fun with a decent gearbox
and low powered cars aren't always just runabouts, an MX-5 is low powered

>A low powered car can be fun with a decent gearbox
Only if you're a child or have little driving experience. Once you're 30+ and hating your morning commute already having a manual just means more headache. In fact, I actually enjoy sitting back in my camry and enjoying my drive to work now that I don't have to deal with a manual for 20 minutes first thing in the morning.

It's different when you get older, when I was a neet and college student I always said I'd never drive an auto.

>viewing a car as an applicance

Ur on the wrong board.....

>Ur on the wrong board.....
Thought this was an automotive board, not cuck central.

>NEET
>College student
Pick one

>when I was a NEET and (when I was a) college student
You could have figured that out on your own.

>I don't have to deal with a manual for 20 minutes first thing in the morning
how fucking lazy are you? oh wow, you have to move two feet instead of just one
buying an automatic MX-5 is the biggest cuck move you can do, half the fun of the car is working the most power you can out of the engine and with an automatic you're not getting over 4000rpm without either going considerably over the limit or constantly kicking down

40 bux of groceries is like a single bag
I routinely do 6-8 hour highway trips in my ND. It's fine. Crank the stereo up and HTFU
>wah I have to move my limbs occasionally
HTFU