/ovg/ - Eternal Suzuka East Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Z45aQ98w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do we start /ovg/?

murder all ravenwest drivers

How do you even pull a time like that? Best I can do is 53.2XX.

>supporting the botnet

5th for fun races at Dega

Sega rally ended on Friday

How's grid autosport compared to the others?

i haven't touched grid 2, but compared to grid 1 it's pretty good
more realistic handling, more shit to do, and a bigger car and track selection, but no touge mode and you don't get to start up your own team in single player which kind of sucks. also kind of wish the tuner discipline used street circuits more often, because who the hell races stock JDM cars at yas marina
less detail in the cockpit view i've found to be kind of a non-issue, i spend more time looking at the road than i do at all the pretty bells and whistles, and I think it's lower detail because of both the vastly expanded car selection and 7th generation console limitations
glad i spent the $10 on it though, already got my money's worth and i'm barely through 3 of the 5 disciplines and haven't touched multiplayer

Name a better game.

Name a better game.

stop it james

14th for RR3

>join WAT1
there is an ongoing open (((laps))) team challenge, check it out

Finally able to manage getting non stop ass rammed in GT sport

Do you play it with a steering wheel, controller or KB?

How do i become the shitter of Gran Turismo Sport?

controller
i run with all assists off except for ABS, because i can't threshold brake with the trigger

You mean /ogc/ discord

Just bought this, what do I do now?

Download all the mods off the official forums and play scenarios/make riced out abominations.

What's the actual reason that justifies deleting Discord links apart from mumblr having a gay-ass janitor in its ranks?

The form these shitty little communities that fester and have a greenhouse effect that eventually spills into the other communities, threads in particular. Then comes the tripfags and everything goes to shit.

because mumblefags are threatened by the discord being vastly more active than their secret club

Discord isn't Shadow Government approved

>spam links to different community
>surprised when it gets deleted

ovg discord is as much of a community as the mumble is.

More tripfags on mumble tho

mumble, just like discord, isn't /ovg/
they're both sub communities partially made of guys not even racing

Global rule #11
Also this

So we should remove the mumble info from the OP and refer people to the wiki?

I can't even understand the GR3 458 in GT sport I just snap oversteer into everything

The wiki is mumble propaganda

>What's the actual reason that justifies deleting reddit links apart from mumblr having a gay-ass janitor in its ranks?

Mumble doesn't scan your computer for running software and it's not a web address or a link. It's just the voip server that is required for the races. Unlike discord which is not needed for anything else except to split the community further.

The jannie is only on mumble during races, just like discord fags.

He's on discord as well.

Made a list of decent mods
pastebin.com/Z45aQ98w

Maybe if you mumblefags weren't so cancerous with your drama in the first place we wouldn't need to split the community in the first place.

I got your issue with web links. Thankfully Discord also allows people to join using a server identifier, so we'll use that from now on.
But implying that Mumble is any different in the community split aspect of things is just fat bullshit.

>Cancerous drama
Oh yeah, it's definitely mumble shitting up the thread with all these shitters and forced discord inside jokes?

The last time mumble caused drama when SJ/James/Cosmo/Valrys were around.

What's the last force Discord inside joke?
I can tell you the last forced mumble inside joke was 25% grades.

>But implying that Mumble is any different in the community split aspect of things is just fat bullshit.
> It's just the voip server that is required for the races.

Nobody is required to be on mumble outside the races, which is why the thread stays active even by fags who stay in mumble because it's the main channel of communication. Discord splits this.

>main channel of communication
>a fucking voip
>not the thread itself
signs of death

The server identifier is also a referral link. The issue is that you're using discord which sells your personal information to advertisers making it commercial software where the user is the product.

How can you use the thread to hook up with trannies?

are you retarded or is context based sentence too hard to handle? I'm implying the opposite, the thread is and will always be the main channel of communication because it's open to everyone.

Mumble
>Fastest drivers
>Interesting people who have real lives outside the internet
>After having a fun race together they hang out watching motorsports and playing games
>Organise the best events with the best turnouts
>Have had actual girls there

Discord
>Drivers who regularly finish 15th or worse trying to give advice to each other
>Every is a mega sperg and no one cares about whatever they talk about
>Complain that people are having fun playing games together because it doesn't fit into a specific genre
>Events get like 5 people, no trannies or gingers managing the series
>No girls will ever go there

Someone make the virgin discord vs the chad mumble

it's funny because it's true. Have a (You)

That's also how discord users use the chat, as a way to have off-topic or ouside of /ovg/ series convos. Hence why I don't see what's wrong with using it, or linking it in the thread for people more comfortable with a good text based conversation interface or just looking to use something different.

That's debatable as discord holds long backlogs in a style of a forum so if new users want to join in they have months of log to sift through to catch up. Unlike mumble that clears the log on every login or server reset.

Talks about having a real life, but then "hangs out" with a bunch of retards on a fucking voip after playing pretend racecars

No one is required to read months of back logs, that's just dumb.

Yeah but new users don't do that. Barely anyone even uses the search function to find the answer to a question they asked 24 hours before. Plus 4plebs exists for the thread.

if you want to get to know people you can always go through backlog to read up shit and having it exist lowers the quality. Same reason why typical forums are fucking dead compared to early 2000's

Then why is mumble in the OP?

Finally got to meet tubby when I went to Bathurst the other week. Was surreal seeing his big head right in front me. With the backdrop of the chase and pitlane 150+ metres below it made for a great sight. Shame they got rid of him at skyline, now it's just some shitty Coates hire banner there now.

(You)
> It's just the voip server that is required for the races.
fucking ogc/discord fags are dumb

>update win10
>triplescreen finally works in FM7
>go to take picture
>can only see center screen but when you take the shot it's in triple HD
>the "hide UI" button just shoves the menu off the side of the screen, ruining every shot

>required
Garbage, it should be optional you fucking sperg.

Requesting an update of the mumble information in the OP, currently it's being advertised as a general purpose community separated from the thread:
>Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!

For all following OPs, it should be advertised as the voip server required for the races, and not a distinct discussion group. For instance
>Mumble server, required for /ovg/ series:

This should clear up any issues

I played it with a wheel but it would only work in 200° mode.

We are struggling to get more people as is, making something compulsory that most people don't use regardless of the discord is beyond autistic.

The only series where mumble isn't required are discord/ogc series if even then. You're just grasping at straws now.
This is why you will never finish in top5

Yeah, agreed, Discord is cancer

---
Posted from my Cheap Chinese Android Phone

Is there a way to assign Glance Left and Right to an axis in Assetto Corsa?

uh I'm going in your way mate, I'm saying we should update the OP to reflect that presence on the mumble is mandatory for /ovg/ races
oh and also stop advertising the secondary greenhouse community that mumble outside of races is

>implying I want to race with shitters from Veeky Forums
There hasn’t been a single series that wasn’t a shitshow, I’m here to laugh at you.

/ovg/ - Discord vs. Mumble General

That's a new rule change, we should update the OP and the wiki to reflect it. For consistency, will you also retroactively update all the previous series pages that state "presence on Mumble is not mandatory, but highly encouraged."? Or add that rule to the RAGS page that has not a single reference to mumble in it?

fortunately, unlike FH3, it actually uploads the full 5760x1080 image. Wish I could move the watermark around though.

This isn't a fucking reddit or RD series where fags want to hear your voice on teamspeak. There is no need for voice during races because nothing useful is said there anyways.

and its not?
you cunts plau goddamn minecraft and csgo, fuck off. stop thinking you fucks are the """ovg masterminds""""
it is a different community from the thread, and nothing but the games should be required for playing racing games
hell, wasn't ovg throwing a shitfest two months ago because "not enough users" "how do we bring more people in"
go suck a dick

this
all you hear is fat virgins mouthbreathing anyway

>bought Dirt Rally last year
>refunded
>see it's 80% off
>want it again
Should I?

>wasn't ovg throwing a shitfest two months ago because "not enough users" "how do we bring more people in"
That unironically only came from people that weren't in mumble. The ones that were there either didn't really care or understood that it was the summer and therefore participation would be lower because people could do more stuff outside on the weekends

Mumble is shite anyway. Don't want to hear a bunch of faggots circle-jerking during a race and getting outraged at other people driving poorly while they simultaneously drive like they're mentally handicapped

Why did you buy it in the first place.
Why did you refund it afterwards.
Why after refunding are you considering to buy it back again?

yeah
or if you don't care about mp just pirate it

>literally using your voice chat circlejerk for communication instead of the thread
Is this auto vidya general or auto voicechat general

I don't understand this sperg war about Mumble and Discord. Isn't /ovg/ about racing sims, as long as people partecipate where's the problem

Would this not be the opposite? The more free time I have the more I sit my ass at the wheel.

Mainly because mumblefags refuse to allow a discord like to be posted but have theirs in the OP

This

Because discord is CANCER.
t.not a mumble or discord fag

Everyone said it was a rally sim
It wasn't
It's much cheaper now, and I sort of want a new simcade game to play.

>posted from my botnet browser using my botnet os

Can't speak for everyone ofcourse but simracing isn't my only hobby and for me there were more times when I did stuff with friends outside of /ovg/ or family instead of racing.

>Mumble

>a lot of implications back up by literally nothing other than "majority of people are retards thus surely this person also uses botnet software/hardware
Fuck off back to china

>play anything
>uses Gentoo
yeah no if you use Win you're already compromised jackass

>Everyone said it was a rally sim
>It wasn't
Which rally sim is better?
How did dirt rally exactly fail your rally sim criteria?

Proof of non botnet OS and browser with time stamp then, shouldn’t be too hard

>cancer
How so

>You are either 100% compromised or 100% safe. There is no in between, there is no lesser or greater. Just two options.
Imagine being this autistic.
It's like getting a getting a cold and saying "fuck it I am compromised anyway might as well fight 200 hookers without a condom and get AIDS, I mean why would I care, I already have a cold"

>imagine using windows and thinking you're safe
now that's high tier autism
and yeah, it is a 1 or a 0.
if someone can get info on you, they can get anything they want
is that hard to understand?

Imagine being this deluded about PC security

True, I just find that I have more time for simracing once I have a free day off.

>come to /ovg/ for racing video games related content
>thread filled with discord fags trying to push their shit

>and yeah, it is a 1 or a 0.
Got it, you have literally no idea about security, end of discussion.

>literally doing the same thing in discord with the added benefit of having a backlog and functionalities of a forum