How long is your commute, Veeky Forums?

How long is your commute, Veeky Forums?
I'm thinking of moving to a nice rural village, but it would mean a round trip commute of 200km a day

Literally 500m away.

It's pretty great, I don't really have a DD and just a weekend/roadtrip car.

I've done. 55 miles each way, about 1 hour.
It's fine but you lose 2 hours of your day every day. I was working a shift pattern so I didn't have to deal with traffic and still had mornings or evening to get shit done depending on which shift I was working.
For a normal 9-5 it would be too much for me.

17miles (I dont know what that is in european)

a 15 minute walk. not worth the drive.

1-2 hours everyday, i live 70km away from work

30km round trip.

200km round trip is kinda long. I would find a place nearer to work (or move your work closer, if it possible), unless you are super happy about the new place.
200km commute makes your workdays atleast 2 and more like 3 hours longer.
Also the driving burns money on a new level. That´s 1K km/week, oil changes several times per year and so on. Unless your country has some tax-relief things for long commutes, have a really tough thinking about moving so far from your work.

Currently my round trip is 40km but I want to move to a rural village far away.

Too far to walk, but only just, so I take the long(er) way so the poor car can actually get up to temp.

Still, it’s all of 7 minutes, and that’s if I have to stop for a stock truck.

Hey, happiness doesn´t have a pricetag, but long commutes do. Just wanted to remind you about it.

I had personally a 206km commute few years ago. It was tolerable and my coutry has this tax-relief thingie(don´t know the proper english term) for long commutes, so it didn´t "kill my wallet".
If you decide to move to the rural area, get a really good and comfy diesel car. Mercedes/BMW/Jaguar/Audi/Volvo or something like that. Doing a commute like that in a 3k civic gets really old really fast. Personally I would go for Mercedes-Benz E-class, but I´m a Mercedes fanboy,,,

About 76 miles a day
Daily Driving a Celica GTS
For 6 years
Use my S2000 only On my off days from work

~55mi each way. (~88km)
>5am
Roads are clear, takes about 60 mins.
>3pm
Roads are full of retards doing retard things, takes about 90 mins.

Schoolrunners should all fuck off and let their kids walk for 30 mins a day instead of filling the already clogged roads with stupid momvans, and thier retarded "parking" around the schools.
>rustled.jpg

biking distance :^)

>200km a day
that's retarded for commuting

>Work
5 minutes
>Uni
30 minutes

It's down around the corner, half a mile from here

man, you don't know about california

>would mean a round trip commute of 200km a day

Make sure you calculate that+gas+W&T on your car into your hourly.

I knew people who would drive nearly an hour each way for 8 hours @ $9/hr.

I have no idea how the car alone wasn't causing them to go broke.

I live right next to a school people who live 10 min away walking distance rather fucking drive their SUV and Vans to pick up their fatass kids

I have a neighbor who owns a Prius and a CT who commutes 140 miles a day.

He has a great job there but that city is infested with niggers unfortunately.

Not him but
>Stationed at NB San Diego
>Live in Chula Vista, 8 mile commute per GPS
>Still an hour-long commute

I want to try staying off the highway one of these days to see if it's faster, but my repercussions for being late are a bit harsher than those of you who aren't welfare queens/sucking the government's tit like me

55 to 80 miles each way depending on client. Although some clients let me work remote ( my sofa).
Takes 1 hour 20 minutes for 80 miles, takes 1 hour 10 for 55 miles

I wouldn't do it unless you had some really great property, you are losing 2 to 3 hours of your life.

the e class is great, i recommend it

Hmm, 27 km

>people driving 30miles+ one way
How much money do you people fucking make? If I had to drive that far every day I might as well not bother going to work.

less than 10km to work, I bus it though since city parking is expensive.

Thinking of selling my econo daily for a cheaper one and buying a weekender

does the oil actually get up to temp in 7 minutes in winter?