JDM thread

JDM thread..

JDM doesnt mean the car has to have an ugly rocket bunny kit on it. God damn what is wrong with you kids today

right?

I realise that..but this is the look I chose for my S15..

Stop putting those fucking dots in your sentences holy fuck it makes you look like such a raging homosexual god DAMN

That your car?? Think I've seen you in stratford?

Upon Avon?

Is JDM even a good thing anymore

It's been bastardized from meaning
>Jap cars imported to US/EU by enthusiasts
to
>DUDE WIDEBODY KITS AND FUCKHUGE WINGS AND ANIME WRAPS AND EXTREME CAMBER AND STRAIGHT PIPES AND MUH DRIFT CULTURE AND BRAP-BRAP AND CARBON FIBRE AND MISSING BUMPERS AND LOW-PROFILE SLICKS AND AND AND AND-
so, in my opinion, no it's not a good thing anymore

Yep, fuckin knew it, was 'mirein. Nice ride dude

It should be pretty obvious, anyone saying JDM on this board doesn't usually mean the latter. Then again, we are all busriders.

>looking at importing a GC8 STi
>virtually no company with insure RHD where I live
>only qualify for high risk insurance at $800/mo (CAD)
nope.avi

Sorry wasn't him. I just go to uni in Cov and couldn't believe there are Rocketbunny s15 near me.

Ah fairs, i actually went to uni in cov and dropped out pretty much straight up 2 years ago

No shit huh? I found pic related in the transport museum there.
Was supposed to go Loughborough but shit A levels dumped me here. At least it's still Automotive Engineering.
Why did you drop out?

Nothing against the uni, just decided I didn't want to be at uni, fucked up and went for games technology, which I was interested in, but fucking nowadays i barely use my computer, and certainly don't play games, i think just by the time i got around to uni I'd lost interest, what year you in?

1st.
Got a mate in games tech. Gets a free tablet but the course is some basic shit.
I keep gaming as hobby.
If you're an Veeky Forumstist why not something automotive? They do a motorsports course too.

Wasn't really an Veeky Forumstist back then, fuckin done with education now, no interest in going to uni again

your car is....ruined...brah

What do you do now?

Work full time. Not going to say where because it would be wayyy too easy to figure out exactly who I am. Not that it's anything exciting.

Best of luck. I might see you if you go to meets or something.

After I get that 86 I've been saving up for. Not sticking with this corsa forever.

nice corvette

Just stop already

Yeah man, I've got a British racing green NA mx5/miata, give me a shout if you see me

Idk about other countries but nobody in America that has actually imported direct from Japan gives a shit about your widebody Forza Horizon kit.

Real JDM nerds if you had to pick one of the following to own irl which would you do:

Datsun 510 or 240z
Nissan C33 Laurel
Toyota Celica 2000GT liftback
"Eunos" (lol) Cosmo... or even the HB Cosmo

You have to mount an exposed oil cooler btw, sorry!

hahahaha

posting my jdm. worried winter is going to arrive soon.

hello br/o/ther :)

>obscure Japshit
Shoo shoo JDMnigger.

>those rubberband tires

the wheel/tires make it look fucking awful

Not really obscure per se (240z especially,) they're cars for people who can appreciate the nuances and history of their respective age. Or for old people i suppose.

Can no longer stand this ugly shit
This looks better, without ugly spec r wing
Your opinion will change when you grow up
Rice
I like RX7's. Look great stock. Spirit r wing too

>for people who can appreciate the nuances and history of their respective age
I can hear you beating off into your fedora.

>C33
The C33's a skidpig in NZ, and before the kiwis got their hands on them they were just unremarkable commuters for Japanese salarymen. Next you'll be pretending the JZX100 isn't a drift-taxed RWD Camry.

>thinks iconic cars that are well known in japan are obscure

lol

>typically snobby NZer trying to be relevant

you guys have a decent drifting scene but lol importing from such a direct neighbor thinking your standards matter at all