Seized

I bought an old car. I bought it from a really old guy who claims the engine seized from sitting too long. Is that possible?if so how can I did it? It had oil so it didn't dry up and the starter and solenoid work fine. When I go to start it there is one clunk sound and then nothing. Please helpd

If its actually seized up you are going to have to pull the engine and rebuild it.
Why would you even buy something like that?

Corrosion. The rings and pistons have literally adhered themselves to the cylinder walls. Really severe cases need to have the pistons actually broken out of the bores.

All you can do is try to put some lube down in the cylinders, let it soak in a few days and then try to break it free with a breaker bar. If that doesn't work you'll have to tear it down. Even if lube does work the odds are good it'll have to be torn down anyway due to pitting of the cylinder walls.

I got it for a few hundred and it would be a great car when running and worth way more than I put into it.

What car is it and why are you so certain it'll be worth more than the engine rebuild?

Sounds like this will be fun, thank you

Old classic muscle car with great interior and body just shitty engine. I've seen then sell for more than 20k

Because he knows what hes got
:^)

sounds neat.
post pics.

So you're dancing around the question.

that just might be a worthy little project.
post pics

what fucking car?

Ugh, amateurs.

Step 1, pull spark plugs and put some diesel in the cylinders. Let that sit and marinate for a few days.

Better yet, Google unsticking a tractor engine and do that.

Uhh, not gonna tell you all so you can dox me and steal it thanks. All you need to know is that it is very valuable and better than any of your gay shitboxes.

What a fucking tard.

This also works with ATF. I bought a seized flatbed with a 350 in it. Put some ATF in the cylinders and let it sit. Then I rolled it down a hill and popped the clutch in second. She came right unstuck.

you can't possibly be OP. if you are, then idk why you even made the thread because it's a pretty shitty troll thread.

Wow user I'd love to totally steal a fucking non-functional car to put my non-existent money towards, fucking idiot

Don't take the b8. There's no way that's OP.

Ok, it's a 1977 Monte Carlo.

sweet car bro. i bet it really turns heads

wow

It's a 76 torino sorry I was looking at stuff, and please come and try to steal it.