Honda just hired you to fix their Acura brand

Honda just hired you to fix their Acura brand.

What changes would you make in order to save Acura?

sell it 2bh

i need a set of goals. am i to increase sales at all costs? or am i to do something else?

also what are the biggest problems op?

Make a new Integra. It's as big and bulky as a two door caddilac with an ugly beak

Give Acura an actual identity that does not exclusively appeal to young blacks and middle-management.

make 35k rwd aluminium chassis entry level luxo sedan and build more expensive shit on it's platform

Sales for Acura are low.
The current line up can't compete with Audi and BMW or even Lexus.
The NSX isn't selling.

Your job is to fix this.

change the lineup. only entry level v6, all rest v8

1. entry level v6 coupe/sedan
2. cl v8/type s v8 turbo (coupe)
3. tl v8, type s v8 turbo (sedan)
4. mdx v8, type s v8 turbo (suv)
5. nsx gay version hybrid crap
6. glorious nsx (hsv10) v8

RWD more often
An actual drivers car, sporty, tight suspension, reasonable powerplant, turbocharged with a factory tune for moderate, predictable midrange torque.

THIS

Revive the S2k and make a purely enthusiast car like its predecessor.
Revamp the NSX to a purely gasoline engine with high redline. Have it win some races to restore brand recognition.

The regular car lines ups can be simply gussied up to current consumer car trends like infotainment but without the busy look a lot of BMW dashboards have.

Take Honda civic coupe platform and Acura it the fuck up. Stuff si engine in it , pair it to Acura auto in the ilx call it the integra. Watch as you steal sales from the si because people are starting not to fall for the meme magic manual transmission in the si. Seriously though...the si fanboys of the 2000s are old now and probably want something sporty but less cringy. I would love to see an integra re-done and grown up. FUCK maybe even tune up the sedan for a integra sedan

++++DITCH THE UGLY ASS CURRENT DESIGN LANGUAGE++++
drop the price on the nsx
make a cheaper nsx
make a more expensive,better nsx for the current msrp
have any rwd platform
keep hybrids
scatter some manuals across the board
come up with better names for the product range

there,bmw goes bankrupt and merc gets bought by vw

Make them look good, or at least not like shit

>Revive the S2k
>Revamp the NSX to a purely gasoline engine

motherfucker stole my ideas, this

great minds touch tips, bro

Either figure out the problems with the dual clutch transmissions and fucking fix them, or ditch the dual clutch and reuse the 10-speed auto from the Accord.

Make the ILX look more like the current gen Civic. Put a turbo i4 in it with a dual clutch (or the 10-speed auto, whatever works) and a no-cost 6-speed manual option.
Turbo v6 in the TLX that's styled more like the new Accord. Same notes as the ILX transmission.
I'm not really sure about the RLX. Sales are low enough that you could kill it.

Keep the two crossovers with the same drivetrain as the ILX and TLX respectively. Up the profit margins on these to help fund R&D.

The NSX is a beautiful car, so I give them kudos on the design. But they need to lower cost if they want anyone to actual buy one.

One all of the cars, they need to revisit the interiors. Maybe take some cues from Mazda. Their econobox interiors are nicer than most luxury brands I've seen.

Keep the majority of the cars fwd, the vast majority of people who drive acura don't give a shit about power going to the rear wheels.

Have a sub $80k rwd sports platform. Doesn't matter if it's MR or FR but have something that shows it's a dedicated sports car that isn't meant for someone hyper rich, maybe make it a derivative of the HSV. Keep the S2000 as a more affordable Honda car.
Change design language to something smoother with the angles and lines on the upper and lower sides of the cars(to prevent high repair costs in side swipes) instead of clustered around the grill and back side

bring back the legend

>Maybe take some cues from Mazda. Their econobox interiors are nicer than most luxury brands I've seen.

Get rid of this design language, it's not pretty.
Stop trying to fight against lexus and try to fight against infiniti, genesis, etc.

>Aggressive value
>Go back to roots of simple and affordable luxury
>Remove sedan and coupe barges and use crossover platform only
>Go back to naming cars names
>Borrow parts from honda and turbo them. Become a turbo brand.

>Entry Sports Car
>Acura Integra GSR $27,000
>FWD 220HP; 1.5T from the civic ex with extra boost
>Make a type R eventually

>Cross over
>Acura Legend CR $35,000
>240HP 2.0T from CTR tuned for torque. Cheap AWD from CRV, no SH-AWD.

>Flagship SUV
>Acura Monolith
>3.0 V6T
>380HP. 3-row for bigger families, plenty of torque to haul stuff. Borrow parts from honda pilot.

>Flagship that dictates direction and design
>Acura NSX $70,000
>400HP 3.5T. Use 3.5 RL motor, turbo them. Remove electric dilly dally.

Crossovers will sell no matter what, so make that your priority. Use a simpler design like this and it'll sell like cake.

>make an engine with at least 400hp
>make a rwd platform
>offer a coupe that starts at 40k

easee peasee

Acura needs a stronger focus on performance. Right now they're only a different looking Honda. With a performance boost that can at least complete with Lexus, they might have a reason to exist.

If there was a market for performance the fiesta ST would have sold more.

nobody fucking buys a car specifically for RWD anymore, that won't save them you dipshit. Acura isn't attracting porsche, M, AMG owners who care about that. The only saving grace will be for middle class families who are cross shopping CRVs, RAV4s, but want more horsepower and black leather. Literally have to jump to a fucking macan S for any SUV with decent power.

The Focus ST and Mustang sell more. The """problem""" with the Fiesta ST is americans hate small cars.

>you dipshit

w-why are you insulting me

If people want a small, cheap and sporty car, they'll get a BRZ/FRS or a Miata. The Focus RS is a much better car, and is more practical on top of that. Nobody wants to pay more for the Fiesta name.

Sorry, have a laferrari

>bmw goes bankrupt

lol you fucking moron. how long till you finally get your license?

>ONLY RWD ONLY FWD IS INTEGRA
>REVVY TWIN TURBO OR N/A
>MANUAL

Eh That will never happen lmao
>NO MORE EDGY
>LIGHTWEIGHT
>NEW WAGONS

So first ask, why would you buy an Acura. This, apparently is a hard question to answer.
The next question, why would you buy an Acura over a Lexus or german?
I don't think you can beat Lexus in terms of perception of reliability so don't even try. You can beat the germans pretty easy though in perception of reliability(actual reliability doesn't matter). You arn't going to sell more cars by offering them for slightly less than Lexus and too much cheaper and its in honda territory.

I really think Acura should go full force into cabin usability. Make it a perfect driving experience for normies. Make linking it into you phone, alexa, etc etc as easy as possible. Push that as far as possible i think.

Recruit a competent designer, do not design by commitee.

Acura is in a fairly good position in that they can try something bold as things can't get too much worse.

that was a shitpost dummy

Acura is supposed to be Honda's luxury/performance brand, right? Fuck that. As people said, Lexus has the Jap beamo market pretty well cornered, so they should just go back to being straight performance, no frills, just fast cars for fairly cheap. Reintroduce the RSX, make the Type-S and Type-R badges mean something again, do something to make it unique. Because right now all they have are a bunch of prettied-up Civics and Accords, and out-of-reach supers like the new NSX.

When the RSX S came out, it was like, "shit, it looks like ass inside, but performs pretty fucking well". Who gave a fuck that it didn't have leather seats? For its price, it had a good engine, it's suspension was on point for performance, and it made it clear that functionality took precedence over form.

At that point, axe the Acura brand and sell them as Hondas.

the RSX type s did have leather seats.

Fire everyone, shut it down and then fire myself.
Seriously the current fags in charge of Acura are fucking lazy.

chrysler 300C clone + modern gadgets

>chrysler 300C clone
i thought we were trying to be successful

>Coupe platform from the ILX with a turbo and a nice OEM lip and wing kit
>Drop the stupid RLX
>Make the MDX not a total pain in the ass to work on
>Get rid of that fucking 9 speed holy shit Honda why
>Fix the fucking overheating batteries
>And for gods sake, make the NSX actually appealing to Acura's market group.
I see customers walk by an NSX in my dealership and they don't even give a double take. No one gives a shit about it.

Add more CUVs, make them all electric, focus on infotainment and app integration with Apple. It's time to bring Acura into the future.

SH-AWD up and down the range.

Dont be afraid to give Honda smaller engines.

Take the styling from the NSX and apply it to the entire range.

Go racing! ESPECIALLY with SH-AWD.

Emphasize technology that enhances driving dynamics and comfort.

STOP selling top shelf Hondas in other countries rebranded as Acuras elsewhere. Leave that to Honda.

Acura needs an image, a selling point, beyond "Honda, but better".

Australian here, what the fuck is an Acura?

They would finally be able to compete with lexus

"Luxury" version of Honda.

They used to be about performance before switching to luxury.

Update the ILX so it's based on the 10th gen civic. Offer a Type S variant that has the Type R suspension/engine but looks like a "normal" car on the outside/inside.

holy mother of bait batman

I honestly forgot acura even existed

I see them every where in town.

Unfortunately 90% of them are TLX with some RDX.

Just copy lexus for crossovers and copy infinity for sedans

As another user said you would have to ask yourself “why but an Acura?” Self inspection would be necessary, starting with realizing that Luxury Performance is a category of vehicles that is almost solely dominated by Lexus in the Japanese market. Next take a look the current catalog of vehicles; it’s essentially fancy honda. I believe that Acura’s target group should be middle ground, not “cheap”, as that’s what Honda’s role should be. Acura would be for those who want above and beyond what honda could offer.

With that being said, an proper luxury sport coupe to compete with Infiniti’s Q60 and lexus’ RC in the same price range of $35-$40k is a start.

Next, one of the many coupes currently offered would have to be redesigned into a full size premium luxury sedan to compete with the Q70L and LS. The other two current sedans would be designed to fit the hatchback and mid size sedan roles, with the latter having a performance model available.

For crossovers/suv’s, Acura is actually ahead of the pack. They should focus on options, comforts, and safety features to keep the stranglehold that they have. For example, making the mdx larger in order to fill the same space needs that the QX80 and GX provide.

Lastly, there needs to be a performance vehicle that serves as the intermediate to the NSX, as that price point is pretty high compared to the LC. The design of it could be up for debate, but there needs to be that gap filler for people who can’t shell out $160+.

With these philosophies in mind Acura would be able to spread their wings and take sales from the other companies.

stop using k band for their blind spot detection and radar guided bullshit so my radar detector doesnt go off every time theres one in my vicinity.

redesign the logo so it doesn't look like a clothespin

I am dead serious.

>Sales for Acura are low.
SUVs with big engines.
>The current line up can't compete with Audi and BMW or even Lexus.
Cut out parts of the lineup and invest into better car aesthetics. Aim for brands like Maserati and Jaguar instead.
>The NSX isn't selling.
HSV 010 with a detuned V10.

Market it to shitskins by selling them standard with chrome, 21in rims and making it an all around ghetto mobile.

Its a plan

they should have renamed it desu

OP said "fix their Acura brand."
not make it the ghetto brand. mfw honda is the ghetto brand.

Nissan is the ghetto brand

Get rid of their nigger-centric ad campaign for one

Most realistic solution

Oh boy let's see
>New design style
>stop trying to compete directly with new and Audi like everyone else, make something original
>bring back integy, but with RWD
>bring back s15
>discard all hybrid kekery
>pull the nsx and make a new design true to its original philosophy
>comfy sedans
>keep selling shitty crossovers for normiebux
That ought to do it

WE

Luda is one of the celebs that is a real enthusiast

Probably make a thread on Veeky Forums where I have anons giving me different ideas and suggestions, as I have none myself and I am highly unqualified for my position

So, Mr. Jon Ikeda... anything you wanna tell us?

Kill the FWD

I'm mostly referring to their later tv ads

>N/A V6 NSX ~400hp no hybrid version, stick shift variant
>redesign the IS ,GS , to resemble the older models
>bring back the I6 engines for the GS
>stop fucking making stupid crossovers and suvs for soccermoms
>bring over that new small car that looks like the NSX (dont remember the name)
>New Integra/RSX
Cant think of anything else tho

Also unpigfatify the LC500

Apparently I fucked up
Is and gs arent acura lol

>acura
>is/gs/lc500

hmm

Think you got Acura and Lexus confused there buddy

I would invest 2 million in new logo consultants run by my friends.

Yea I know
I had a brainfart ok? Stop bullying

>making fun of Ludacris

What's wrong with you?

scrap it, sell everything under the Honda marque

I do like this plan the best but I also kinda agree with that Acura needs to leverage their SH-AWD more. Like they should offer a strong TL Type S competitor but with SH-AWD. Twin Turbo V6 so it can properly beat muh ///M

>Make an NSX-R.
>Lighter and with a V8.
>Start winning races.

>give cars names again (except NSX)
>New design language that revisits the “retro” handsome era if the early to mid-90’s Acura.
>more Japanese production
>maybe some limited JDM models like MPV Type Hondas and city cars
>let’s do an upscale Fit with a last hurrah for thr K24 tweaked to NA 110 hp/ L with 9000rpm redline.
>eSH-AWD hybrid system on everything but the gussied up fit.
>TLX should be accord sized
>ILX should die. Revert back to Euro/JDM accord for TSX sedan, cuckover, and wagon.
>keep the RDX and MDX on present path
>eSH-AWD back in the RDX
>V6 gets a chain.

Basically, be Japanese Volvo.

Honestly, that’s where I’m leaning if MDX sales go stale....

Honda isn’t viewed as “cheap import”anymore, and is obviously upmarket to domestics and Koreans. The dealerships are not Acura tier though. Acura dealers are much better than Honda.

That camber on the front wheel tho...

>>let’s do an upscale Fit with a last hurrah for thr K24 tweaked to NA 110 hp/ L with 9000rpm redline.

fug muh dick

Improve the V6 (300 hp at least). Second engine option has a turbo (either 2.0t or 3.0t). ILX needs new engine options too. All of their sedans need to be SPORTY. Right now, only the TLX A-spec is maybe 1 step ahead of just being a rebadged accord. The non A-spec version of the TLX comes fitted with skinny 17in 225 tires, FWD, and its pretty much a straight up last gen Accord. At least with the Q50, I don't need an "S" badge to officially make it a sport sedan. Same with the 3 series or Giulia.
Make an A-spec version for the RLX. Make a new RSX to compete with in the 4 series range. Drop the price down of the NSX to compete in the 8 series/LC500 range. TLX/RLX need a Type-S version. Since the RLX is really a mid size sedan, Acura needs a real luxury full size sedan.

You have a really fucking stupid idea of what to do with Acura brand. Please don't share any of your ideas to anyone you dumbass. Thanks.

pretty good ideas. But the last part concerning the NSX; I think instead of creating a lesser NSX to go against the LC500, just bring the price down of the NSX to 100k. Really, the NSX is not a 190k+ car.

Going through this thread, it's a good thing none of you fucks are in any position of authority or executive management.

Acura needs to focus on what sells, which are SUVs and crossovers. Price above Hondas but below Lexus.

Last time Acura asked Honda for V8s they gave them a crate of these

It's a baby 918 Spyder

Except it's worse than a GT3.

And the GT3 is a worse daily

The dual engine hybrid drivetrain is what makes it a $200K car. The fact that they got that tech down to that price point was big. If Honda put a twin tarbo V6 into the NSX, they could lower the price, but the end result would be completely underwhelming and likely sell even worse.

God I hope you're some guy that works for acura looking for some honest input. As a previous owner of an 05 TL and a current owner of an 06 6MT TL I can honestly say BRING BACK THE TL TYPE S. Your best selling sedan has been turned into the TLX with the newest model having a shitty front grille. Stop trying to copy lexus and their shit designs. Just use the TL grille, use the newest headlights the TLX has make the engine 300hp and make an option for a 6MT. I dont even care if the car is FWD or RWD, if you made this happen I would go out there a buy one today! Also bring back some kind of version of the integra, maybe you could use the same bug eyes but some kind of updated ones similar to the headlights the dodge challenger uses. Make a type R version of the NSX.

This guy gets itYou can’t just say “make the car cheaper” if it’s using pretty advanced tech, that’s not too realistic. What CAN be done however is designing a car that’s meant to fill that lower price point, cuz the nsx definitely wasn’t.

>Bring back s2000 chassis turbo 4 from the type r

>Use the s2000 chassis to bring back the RSX

>Make a rwd or rwd bias awd RCF/M/AMG/Q competitor with lux V8 or turbo V6

>Make a performance package for their mid size suv

>keep most of current line up too

Wowow that was super hard

Shut the fuck up lexus you're making too much sense.

>K24 to 9000
>not k20 to 9000
Buddy, 9000 is pretty high for a 99mm stroke and 86mm bore, thing would grenade even with an amazing quality engine

HURR MOAR SPORTSCARZ

at least he has one of good models acura made.

Fire the woman that designed the new acura