Whats the best optional extra ever fitted to a car?

Whats the best optional extra ever fitted to a car?

Umbrellas in the doors gets my vote

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GI-cv5RhGnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=u6wZVAXo1M0
youtube.com/watch?v=hU0_9KB1B6o
youtu.be/T6aCoH2M3fQ
jalopnik.com/the-incredible-majesty-of-a-rolls-royce-umbrella-1795441489
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=GI-cv5RhGnQ

I wish so badly all cars had this

that is fuckin sweet

my vote goes to these stupid things, who the fuck puts wipers on headlights

>who the fuck puts wipers on headlights
Saab. But they were standard.

whoah that is dope

Was it RR who also had a car with like a fold out picnic table in the back?

Those Scandanavians are always 100yrs ahead of everyone else

None faggot even ac is for queers

ah, our '87 Mercedes S Class has them too, I don't think they have ever worked since my dad got the car like 20 years ago

Obvious answer is alcantara

>"Power steering? More like PUSSY steering!"

The option for absolutely no options...

Lincolns have keypads on their car doors, so it's impossible to lock your keys in the car.

All cars should have these, or some alternative, including base models.

Wont help if someone else dings your door.

Veeky Forumsutists hate it but having one of these is amazing

>side mirror wipers
>side window wipers
>rear window wipers on sedans

Nipps really had cool features back in the day

ye, it's good, but that's only because modern cars have such a shit visibility

people who drive in snowy areas.

alcantara is shit tho

Mirrors that dim when someone driving behind you has headlights that are way too bright.

Heated windshield

Mine does that, but I wish I could turn it down a bit. Works great on really annoying lights, but it's a little to sensitive the rest of the time to where it becomes difficult to see at a glance much beyond pairs of lights, making it difficult to see who is where exactly when you're looking right at it.

this

Even my shitbox chrysler 200 has it! Its a blessing, now the one thing I need is side auto dimming mirrors

One of the best option to have in a cold climate is heated steering wheel, fuck heated seats, my butt can get warm fast but my fats fucking get stuck to a frozen steering wheel

I'm sorry for your fats user. Maybe you should visit Veeky Forums.

Yeah, I've got one on my full sized van and it makes it a lot easier.

Just turn them off? I really appreciated the auto dimming mirrors when someone got pissed at me for flashing them wanting to pass in the left lane... Once I passed them and got into the middle lane they tailed me with their brights on and it was funny cause their "revenge" didn't affect me at all.

Skoda does this too if you're not rich enough for a Rolls.

Is flipping the switch on the mirror really so difficult?

>tfw all my mirrors auto dim + have a heated function for winter

Turn them off? Guess I'll have to double-check if there's a button I'm missing somewhere. I'm not used to cars with all these fancy gadgets.

That little lever on the back on the back is more my speed.

led drls

not

cooled seats
everything else in this thread are just gimmicks

desu, I'm actually growing to like having navigation map. Having it on while going through twisties in a mountain feels like an arcade racer. I can see why kind of corners to expect up ahead.

of course using it to get around town and read directions is still shit and for pussies though.

The button to turn them off for me is on the bottom of the rearview mirror.

Yeah no more swamp ass in the summer is nice

I tried using mine a handful of times when I got lost, but so far I'd rather just look at a map. It is handy to be able to confirm where it is I actually am though.

having the map to scroll through and reference is the best part. Trying to rely on it to read off directions where to go is still inaccurate and flings you through all sorts of weird detours.

My favourite options for practical application have been rear wipers, heated rear glass and lately a donut/full size spare kit. Got my mother a 2016 Acura TLX and the fucker just has a can of fix a flat and a flash light in some foam where the spare tire should go. Makes me appreciate having a full size spare (same rim style and all) stuck up under my SUV.

meh, paper map is easier imo. Bugger some little display that I have to keep fingering around to see what's going on. My limit for computer maps is roughly like google maps or something on my nice big 24" desktop computer and a fast connection so I can look around as fast as I can on a physical map.

To each his own though. Folks these days are all into their computer phones with virtual waifus on them that you can't even yell at like you can with a real wife when she doesn't do a good job navigating.

They won't ding my door if they have it too.

How can I expect people to not ding my door if I'm going to ding theirs? We have to take the first step to create a world where people won't ding each other

>virtual waifus on them that you can't even yell at like you can with a real wife when she doesn't do a good job navigating.

Had a good laugh at this. Thank you omg.

Got these on a Focus ST, they come off every time I take my car to the handcarwash

Nissan did it first on a grocery getter

Nice quads. Actually one of the projects I'm half-affiliated with at work is a next generation virtual waifu that you can yell at, will detect your emotional state, be able to adapt to when you want to be interrupted and what you want to know, and that you can talk to in order to 'splain what you want it to do.

Haven't used it myself, but some of the early internal demos have been pretty neat in terms of showing what it could eventually develop into.

Virtual waifu? Cute name for what will eventually become skynet. I kid, I kid. That's pretty neat though. Not something I'd find myself using daily but that's interesting.

Oh, it's totally the stepping stone to skynet. The waifu part is intentional - that's how to get men to want to abandon traditional relationships and want to be part of the singularity. cf. sexbots.

But when you let people just work on one little facet of it at a time it just seems like pretty neat stuff, and more useful than the tools they already have.

>My favourite options for practical application have been rear wipers, heated rear glass and lately a donut/full size spare kit.

Do you drive a car from 1978?

Mine is from 03. Nissan Pathfinder LE. My old truck was a 97 Tahoe, and it had rear defrosters but not on the mirrors and since it had barn doors you couldn't get a rear wiper. It's nice, is all. Also, part time 4x4. Since before your truck either had full time 4 wheel drive and if it was really nice you had manual hubs or only 2 wheel drive.

whaddya mean

That's been a Ford thing for decades, my old Marquis has the keypad entry. Its neat until one of the buttons that your code uses stops working at which point it becomes less than useful.

In Europe on the E24 and E28 you could get this Webasto "independent heater." You would use the car computer to set up a time, and it would use the fuel pump to combust inside this heater box with a fan under the rear seat to heat the car up in the morning before you got into it. Seems like a horrible setup that would almost certainly burn your car down, but they beat Tesla to smart preconditioning by almost 40 years.

I like cornering lamps, even if they're more for appearance than actually helping you see.

am I blind? what am I looking at here

No, it was the Honda CR-V

>Close door
>Smash pillar
>Smash the umbrella
>50k to repair the pillar
>20k for a replacement umbrella
The perfect scam

I wish I had this on my side mirrors, but not my rearview mirror

Look at the little black bar on the edge of the door as it opens. It snaps into place and I assume it's soft(ish) to not dent another car if you were to open your door too far.
The video is extremely shitty and low-res and it took me a few watches until I noticed it too.

Honda Ridgeline bed cooler area

Pic related

>tfw the "gayest" pickup truck is probably the best tailgating truck ever made

Also has dual hinge tailgate (fold down and swing), bedliner exterior speaker, and bedliner power outlet

>How can Ferd/GM/Toyota even compete?

simply wire your fog of the corresponding side to the indicator, before the flashing relay of course.

wat the eff i

youtube.com/watch?v=u6wZVAXo1M0

auto cover fog lights

and there's a suv that had a tent that attached to the rear as an option iirc.

How does trying not to be a retard closing the door with the umbrella not locked in sound?

You'd have to be a fucking gorilla to smash the door so hard a simple umbrella damages the car's body.

Because this can happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=hU0_9KB1B6o

Woah woah look at this aristocrat here, not smashing his door closed. Sorry, we don't all have chauffeurs to open our doors for us.

>not grasping the utility
It lets you save the bedspace for something else, on top of the inherent coolness factor of having a fucking ice cooler built into your pickup truck.

Auxiliary heaters are a wonderful thing

I desperately wish that more cars with electrically adjustable seats had profiles that you could switch to. It takes so long to find the perfect position again after someone else has been in the seat.

I can see the appeal since Ridgelines do have shorter beds than most trucks.

Would probably use it for tools or jacks.
Might make good storage too for hunting since I hope Nissan put a drain to wash out ice or other liquids.

I meant Honda, not Nissan.

The Ridgeline is objectively the perfect truck for the average casual suburban truck owner. It's literally made for everything they use their underworked heavy-duty trucks for. It's got tons of creature comforts in the cab, it rides and drives easy, it actually gets gas mileage that's better than 15 mpg, its bed is easy access with tons of features for using it as a tailgate/campsite hub, and it's still got rated with a 5,000lb towing capacity.

>but I need muh long bed/fifth wheel hitch/4x4

I'm not talking about Bubba who needs to transport cement to his jobsite in the sticks or Hank who needs to haul cattle to and from his ranch. I'm talking about Jim from Accounting who wanted a truck to feel "manly" but still had to get a crew cab because his wife was nagging him to get something that could carry all of the kids.

I dont often think or stay stuff like what you just wrote, but its something I agree a 100% on - its the perfect truck for just about every "casual" truck owner, and the only reason those people still pick stuff like F150s, Silverados and so on is that its a Honda, and therefore its not "manly, "cool" or "a truck" to them

The tent was on the Pontiac Aztec. The car everybody hates.

>electrically adjustable seats had profiles that you could switch to

2002 Audi A6

Mine has three memory presets and even remembers the side mirror positions. Problem is it's a landrover, so occasionally and with no warning it will forget them and default to chest against the steering wheel. It's Russian roulette pressing one of them while driving.

The option to tip my fedora

Remote controlled petrol/diesel heater

Who even uses umbrellas?

Espresso machine on the 500L

Video

youtu.be/T6aCoH2M3fQ

>handle not pointed inwards
Clearly made for the driver to hold the umbrella for you, nice.

i love mold infestation inside my door

Good thing the umbrella compartment has ventilation - umbrella gets dried automatically. Not on the Skodas, sadly..

2003 passat wagon here

Also have electronic seat position storage. Along with regular seat adjustment, it can tilt the butt cushion up or down. Truly god tier.

Volume buttons on steering wheel
Fold down seats (literally becomes almost a full size truck bed)
Seat heat
When I'm outside the car I can turn the key right and hold and it will close all windows and the sunroof without needing to turn the ignition on
Looks really cute

Overall /comfy/ car with a lot of cool little features

They actually made an accessory tent like that for Jeep Libertys as well.

damn this is King of the Emotions

This, you are a gentleman and a scholar, the Ridgeline is the perfect "truck" for these applications. It's only when hondafags try to compare it to actual trucks is when truckfags get triggered

Fuggin noice

this was an option on 80's Toyotas as well. I'd love to get a set for my AW11 but they cost a fortune on ebay.

makes you wonder if hell really is preferable to purgatory

>electrically adjustable seats had profiles that you could switch to.
That seems to be standard with new chevrolet cars with the electric seat options package that lets you tilt and raise the seat. It's been that way for quite awhile. Some cars can have it remembered by keyfob too.

>OEM plastic/rubber floor liners รก la Weathertech.
ESPECIALLY if the car has a black interior.
>interior analogue clock
Fuck you, I like them.
>power point in boot/trunk/hatch area
>removable rear seats and flat floors in hatchbacks
>actual kickplates to bang off your shoes/boots before entering

>all the seating electricals are stored in the driverside mirror

Its gonna get expensive if someone swipes your mirror

Kek, having all these makes my PT Cruiser a godmachine.

>what is a 2014 honda accord

>mom driving
>she'll be drinking fiat's coffee while she cuts you off and proceeds to drives 10 under

>i love mold infestation inside my door
The rolls royce umbrella holder actually has it ventilated. Do NOT lose that umbrella. It's teflon coated fabric to shed water and resist mold, mildew, and bacteria growth as well. The OEM price on a replacement umbrella from rolls royce is approximately $995. Apparently, they managed to keep the price under $1000 to prevent irritating the budget minded.

jalopnik.com/the-incredible-majesty-of-a-rolls-royce-umbrella-1795441489

do aftermarket accessories count too?