If a car can't run summer AND winter tires with the OEM wheel size, is it worth getting at all?

If a car can't run summer AND winter tires with the OEM wheel size, is it worth getting at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P Zero&partnum=04YR8P0XL
m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Winter Sottozero 3&partnum=335VR9SZ3XL
summitracing.com/parts/pir-2517100
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What?

English not your first language faggot? Pretty simple question

Why would any car not be able to do that?

Gee I dunno, maybe because the tires that fit on the OEM wheels only come in all seasons or winter? Do you even have a license my man?

I can't do that with one of my cars because there are no snow tires that fit the stock wheels.

The answer is to get new wheels too, it's not complicated OP.

4:20 BLAZE IT FAGGOT

But then that means plus sizing the wheels, which doesn't really make sense to me when you could just get a car that wouldn't need bigger wheels at all

Provide me with an example of such a tire size.
What size are your summer tires?

You niggas buy some obscure shit

toyota celica gt, just one of literally dozens of examples

now get out kid you're not old enough to post here

>But then that means plus sizing the wheels
What? I've always gone down an inch for my winter wheels because it's better to have a taller sidewall for potholes and stuff. The effective diameter is the same.

>What size are your summer tires?
205/40 R18, 235/35 R19. From the factory.

My point is it makes no financial sense to have to replace the wheels AT ALL to me when you can get a car that can fit both on the OEM size

Which year? Wouldn't it just be easier for you to tell me your stock tire size? I want to make sure for myself.
Your car came from the factory with different sized wheels? Now how did that pass quality control? Fucking hell..

>Was asked for tire size
>Names a car
Who is under age again?

What are you going to do, have the tires remounted every season? I sure hope your car doesn't have TPMS sensors.

>Your car came from the factory with different sized wheels? Now how did that pass quality control?
Staggered setup, are you retarded?

Then go ahead and find a summer tire for that car. It takes two fucking seconds to google it and have the size. And yeah you're both the underaged faggots for even asking this question
Pretty much yeah

OK then, whatever.
205/40 R18 winters: m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=P Zero&partnum=04YR8P0XL
235/35 R19 winters:m.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Winter Sottozero 3&partnum=335VR9SZ3XL

Can you fuck off with your made up problems now?

It's seriously not that hard to get a set of steelies to put your winter tires on. You want them to be thinner and taller than regular tires anyway, so the smaller the wheel the better. Some people need everything spelled out I guess.

>205/40 R18 winters
>Max Performance Summer
Good job, you linked the factory summer tire.

>R19 winters

Having winter tires on a separate set of wheels means you can swap them out yourself

My bad, Google fucked me and then I couldn't post another link because of retarded anti spam
summitracing.com/parts/pir-2517100

Okay then lets say you have the winters on a different set of wheels. I still don't see how using a different OEM size is beneficial when you could stick with it and have both sets.

What's it matter at that point

both sets are OEM size? what is your point?

My point is that you have autism

okay great, now fuck off since you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about

What size?

It probably can, stupid ass OP, but you want tire A and they only sell tire B in that size.

Then obviously it can't you fucking idiot

What kind of moron are you that you can't change wheels? Also it's actually better to go to skinnier wheels and tires with bigger sidewalls for winter.

Can you read? This is about oem and not having to change it. Hopefully your teacher goes over reading comprehension tomorrow faggot

Why are you under the impression you must stay 100% oem? Ever had your brake pads changed? Congrats, not oem anymore. Switching to a skinnier, smaller-diameter wheel and sizing a snow tire to retain stock diameter is the optimum choice for winter. It's *better* than OEM in terms of winter safety and lets you change the tires yourself provided you have a 3×3×4 ft space in your garage to store a stack of tires.

On my daily I have the winter tires mounted to the stock steelies and my summer tires mounted on +1 sized OEM alloys from a later year of the same model.

>Makes no financial sense

If you get a decent set of wheels and a quality winter tire you can resell the winter wheels when you get a new car. Also saves you hours waiting for some nerd at the tire shop to mount your tires every season.

Inb4 obscure size, get a set of wheels with 2 bolt patterns to increase resale value

Although you won't see a 100% return if you value your time it's worth it.

If I valued my time I wouldn't post on Veeky Forums

Why would I do that? If i'm gonna drop 400+ for tires it's to use the shit out of them

Because they most likely won't fit on whatever new car you buy. Thus, you sell them separately or with the car.

Don't try to reason with OP, they're a new breed of turboautist