/twg/ Total War General

Tamurkhan Edition

New Race Pack for TWWH1, New DLC for past historical game and other stuff:
totalwar.com/blog/what-the-teams-are-working-on-07-06-17/

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - FREE FOR ALL, Magic, Campaign, Fortress Gate Battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=3sgjUxVPtY4

Campaign map flyover for WH2
youtube.com/watch?v=3PtX_tJdBU4

Total War Warhammer 2 E3 Developer Interview - Dragons, New Units, Geomantic Web, DLC Plans:
youtube.com/watch?v=t48El9jBvr0

Mazdamundi's Skill Tree/Misc Gameplay:
youtube.com/watch?v=sQkUBoGptGI

Articles on Warhammer 2:
polygon.com/2017/6/2/15724926/total-war-warhammer-2-e3-preview-hands-on
venturebeat.com/2017/06/02/segas-creative-asssembly-unveils-a-massive-new-world-for-total-war-warhammer-ii/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-02-everything-weve-learnt-about-total-war-warhammer-2

Lizardmen In-Engine Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=g3CmxjTFv_Y

Lizardmen and High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=HVyRy3OUtKg [
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/

High Elf Roster Reveal:
youtube.com/watch?v=BKMR08CpxCU
Text version:
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/

>Warhammer II
store.steampowered.com/app/594570/

Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Announcement Cinematic Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A
Total War: WARHAMMER 2 – Vision Dev Diary: youtube.com/watch?v=v6WW1Nc537g

>DEAD Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Campaign-posting and screenshot-sharing encouraged

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/22394-native-americans-and-katana-on-the-north-plains-frontier-1890s/
youtube.com/watch?v=1ESMwRnEExc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

TOMB KINGS

somebody play cracked tww with me[/spoiler

Stop playing Fantasy

Reminder that this is a history and anime general

Start playing Fantasy

>have completed every single race in TWW in either the grand campaign or a minicampaign
>except Chaos
>start getting an itch to play as the destroyers of the world
>remember that Chaos campaign is tedious as fuck and is 95% sieges

Someone, anyone: what mods do you use for Chaos?

SUMMON

High Lelf faction trailer by the end of next week

THE

>the true Von Carstein!

TOMB KANGZ

>even Nagash had limits

Dwarf guy here.
Should I try another Empire campaign? Or perhaps go for a Vampire campaign? I played one Vampire campaign and I don't think I like their principal mechanic.
The Orcs were all right, but I found their units to be pretty boring.

seems legit

I personally found empire to be pretty boring jack of all trades that allows you to pretty much do anything but doesnt do anything well. If you do play empire be ready for a big change in playstyle since the dwarves mainly just sat in front of their artillery.

Fantasy is a sadly terminal cancer on the TW franchise. The tumor is unfortunately inoperable at the point.

>Ywn have a globe-spanning empire in the 1800's in TW

>Ywn decide whether to be a continental European military superpower or a mercantile colonial naval superpower.

Feels bad man.

History and fantasy living in harmony I needed to visit another general to obtain some mod stuff for it's related game. /twg/ is a fucking treasure compared to the rest of this Veeky Forums hell.

>watch demo
>White Lions of Chrace gets demolished by Saurus tards

Dropped

Stop playing History

History IS the TW franchise.

it's just shitposting laddo

GNOBLAR HORDE WHEN?

History was holding back the franchise.

>History was holding back the franchise

>History wasn't the USP of TW

tfw now Total War means nothing, it's just another part of the Warhammer universe.

Why couldn't they have ruined the Civ series instead?

This

After Warhammer I look forward to Lord of the Rings

I've always loved the aesthetic of the empire. Renaissance Germany is pretty cool. I think if I can take Nuln as fast as possible, I can make a save point there and try to make the Empire whole again.

Medieval needs an update first. Then we can revisit Imperialism again.
And wouldn't you rather start off in the late renaissance as Natives and conquer America?

Because that would be fucking spiffy.

I just want FotS on a global scale

>400 Royal Marines against 4000 niggers

militaria.co.za/nmb/topic/22394-native-americans-and-katana-on-the-north-plains-frontier-1890s/
You know you want this alternate history.
>hur hur I said nigger on 4chinz

>Year 1895
>Bolt action rifles researched.
>Royal Marines equipped with SMLE
>Prone stance is researched
>Khaki uniforms researched
>Tfw when you haven't researched machine guns yet.

If even auto resolve thinks you should lose then why did you besiege me, was it one last throw of the dice Heinreich.
Krell when because Kemmler is so god damn easy to kill

He probably figured you would act like every other computer controlled faction and just sit in your city starving like a coward until attrition made you an easy win.
Why is the AI in TWW so cowardly?

WW1 would make a shitty TW, Sega should give it to the ones who made CoH/DoW.

HOW can someone not be a fantasyfag while playing strategy games? Half if not most of them most mportant and the best games in this genre is either Sci-fi or fantasy.
You got it wrong kiddo. It is Warhammer which is nothing more than part of Total War franchise. Total War is the only living part of this universe

new exclusive lizardmn footage
youtube.com/watch?v=1ESMwRnEExc

You can't relate to the Warhammer empire in the same way you can relate to the Roman Empire or the ancient Greeks. None of it means anything.

Who cares if you conquer some fantasy land with magic? I want to forge an even bigger Roman empire, or fend it off as a smaller state or whatever.

why do you relate to the roman empire you stupid fucking autist

By that reasoning you certainly can't relate with ancient romans or greeks

>you can relate to the Roman Empire or the ancient Greeks

Who gives a fuck about "relating" to the game? Warhammers setting is way more interesting and fresh - allowing for different gameplay elements to be explored which makes it superior. Only histfags could care more about "relating" than enjoyable gameplay.

It was a real human achievement that you get to emulate in video games, not some made up LITERAL autistic shit like Warhammer. (Really though, I can't think of anything that belongs to autists more than Warhammer, I am ashamed to have a video game of it in my library).

>WW1 was like WW2

top meme

This meme will never catch on my friend.

Yeah probably can't assault the remaining armies with these causalities
came from his direwolves and bats continuously disappearing then re appearing

Chill dude, you're sounding way more autistic

G O B L I N S

>you can relate to the Roman Empire or the ancient Greeks
Are you one of those greek fags that loudly shitpost on the comment section of youtube about how Greece is basically the master of the world?

autism

>When fantasycasuals take over your beloved franchise and call the original fans autists.

It's like the sack of Rome.

Warhammer is the product of the greatest culture on Earth on the greatest time period on Earth, whereas nothing is more autistic than Roman Empire whose most significant achievement was drinking water from lead pipes.

Pre-Empire Sigmar campaign when?

>It was a real human achievement that you get to emulate in video games,
thats prime time autism, who fucking cares about emulating what actually happened you fucking sperg. first off thats some model train set tier autism, secondly its not like the game is accurate enough to actually maintain that illusion rather than getting frustrated at the ai incompetence and constant treason and obsession with killing you at all costs. You're not emulating shit and why would you want to be. You already know the outcome why would you give a fuck. Do you literally not play any video games at all because they arent real human achievements? The roman empire isnt your fucking dad man there's nothing to relate to. You care about the conquest because you're fucking doing it and you're overcoming a challenge to win, thats the point of video games. Kill yourself man

>tfw able to enjoy both history and fantasy

Y'all niggas need to calm the fuck down. We're hitting Sonic the Hedgehog grade autism

>Model train set-tier autism

>Autistically defends a game born out of model fantasy figurines-tier autism

I understand what you are saying, but in what way does the fantasy make this better?

>when you're in the series since S1 came out and one S2 babby that considers himself a veteran thinks he's better than you because you don't throw an autistic hissyfit at a video game

>your autism is bigger than mine

Here we go again

it doesn't is the point im getting at, the guy is going apeshit at fantasy being autism because he wants to be roleplaying as agamemnon instead and sees 0 irony in it

I like you.

>Total War is the only living part of this universe
sadly true

big boobs

Need to post that you are fucking autistic.

Here you can relate to my image.

I wasn't talking about roleplaying agamemnon, I was merely stating that history was what this franchise was all about, I couldn't care less about fantasy strategy games, there will never be a game like total war again now, whereas someone else could have easily made a game like TW warhammer

>fantasy players bring autism in to the debate

>accuse me of being unable to see the ""irony""

sigh

>yfw you like history and fantasy

I like you too.

Holy shit dude.

Read your own post again for a moment, just do it.
That you would label others as autistic after posting this, this better be some very strong bait.

i guess you are history now

this

Tell me, if you came to the series before Warhammer, what made you want to play it and why did you enjoy it?

Are you being facetious? I thought this was just a meme from the dumbass 3rd worlders who love to start shit and can't fucking read. How the hell is there going to
>never be a game like total war again
Or that history is over? They are literally working on a brand new historical title in an explored era, an expansion/focused title a la Attila/Fall of the samurai/Napoopan, a campaign pack for a historical title and various dlcs for Attila

Stop your fucking doomsaying and most of all stop shitting up the damn thread with this fake fucking divide

And yeah, you are fucking autistic

First heroic victory, settlment map mods are fun except when the forests hide the enemy not that far away rendering artillery moot

>capture Roman city
>Aqueduct Network

I'm struggling to find a reaction image that conveys the amounts of bliss I am feeling right now

I liked RTS games. Period. Didn't give a shit about the timeline aspect or anything like that. I've been playing RTS games all my life from Age of Empires to Starcraft to Warlords Battlecry to Homeworld. Total war had really big fucking battles so I got it

>Love history
>Love fantasy
>Enjoy all installments
>Enjoy historyfag butthurt over TWH2 announcement.
>Enjoy fantasyfag butthurt over Kroxigors not looking exactly like their 30 year old tabletop models.

People are probably make fun of you but honestly I can relate to this

I really don't give a shit if my Orcs die

1 poster vs about 10 shitting all over the post

Yeah that's me shitting up the thread, if you didn't like what I had to say you could simply have ignored or responded with more civility, instead of angry autism.

Give it back asshole.

>He doesn't want to make Karaz Ankor great again.

>relate

You're acceptably likeable.

yeah thats what shitposting is, all it takes is one retard just straight up lying with some inflammatory crap like
>everybody who enjoys the new game is a heathen who is destroying this general and this franchise
to make it all go to hell, don't act like you're some fucking victim here, you still havent addressed the fact that everything you said was bullshit and historical games are still well under way

What unit mods do you have running?

I liked the gameplay and scale. The setting was always a side bonus. Like with any game. Yes, setting makes the difference when you decide what TW you want to play at the moment, but whatever your choice is, you always end up playing a TW game.

>You can't relate
are you one of those who only play human characters in RPG because you can;t """""relate""""" to any other race??

>just ignore my provocative and retarded statements, im the victim here

I prefer lord of the rings but warhammer seems okay, i just like killing orcs

I started with Rome Total War wanting to conquer the world and have some sickass battles along the road. There's nothing regarding this which a fantasy setting wouldn't be able to offer me just as well if not better.

>Surprised that somebody can't relate to people from other races.
>On Veeky Forums.

>everybody who enjoys the new game is a heathen who is destroying this general and this franchise

I didn't say that though, at least not before, I was lamenting the change in the direction franchise.

And fair enough, I didn't know there was another historical game in the making, otherwise I wouldn't have posted.

See CA, this is what happens when you don't give us any STUFF: we start shitposting.

>Grimgor with three stacks invades me at Barak Varr
>only have Thorgrim, 6 Ironbreakers and 4 Quarrelers
>mfw

>mfw no science fiction total war
why everyone hates what i love?

what Sci Fi setting would make a good Total War?

That's just retarded dude

Should i buy warhammer if i don't plan on buying any dlc and warhammer 2 for the time being

This desu. Lorefags that cry the lore isn't implemented with 100% accuracy in total war are just as bad as the historyfags.

Not saying the game is perfect but magic or chaos being much more powerful is not the way to fix the flaws.

On one hand I'm glad it was earnest concern but on the other I find it really disturbing that the people who seem to be the most invested in what CA is doing and keep lamenting the death of Total War are the ones who miss literally every announcement and think nothing is happening

Okay, i can buy a few dlc on a second thought

which ones are the most important? I don't want to do the shit i did with rome 2 where i bought every DLC and end playing just campaigns with rome, carthage, arverni and other major factions

The four base game factions all got new units and Regiments of Renown in DLC

You can't recruit them in vanilla, but the AI will do that a lot