/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

h

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/uf0k1J5a

Last time on /xivg/:

Should I play BLM, RDM, or SAM?

BLM

>pedo edition

BLM is pretty neat now with triple cast, leyline port, and t4/foul.

So, at lvl 31, and just got PLD. I've made the decision to actually purchase a scrip. I've been having a lot of fun on Mateus, and dreams of Balmung are still fresh in my mind.

Onward and upward.

I miss the balmung roes

Why, whyyy is there a 1500 queue on Omega? Is it the NA east coast shitters?

What race/class/faction/build would you recommend for someone who is just starting?

>race
purely visual, pick what you like most
>class
whatever looks most fun to you! you can level any class on a single char anyways
>faction
also does not matter outside of some unique gear, you can also freely switch between the grand companies
>build
nothing like that in this game, shit is really linear outside of materia melding later on (like putting stats into sockets on gear) and even that is straight forward as heck
they even removed stat point distribution in the newest expansion because it was dumb

miqo'te PAL

So it doesn't matter since you just mash buttons mindlessly while everything dies?

Not exactly. You still have to have some semblance of a rotation if you want to avoid the fiasco that was the Zurvan Soar skip (TL;DR bad players handled an easy mechanic by dpsing hard enough to skip it. If you couldn't skip it, there was likely drama that followed)

Where's my baseball bat glamour for WAR?

I can't find pictures of the Red Mage level 50 artifact gear... I know it's probably too much to ask but does someone here have any? All I get when I search is the level 70 one, but I read you get a chest with red attire at level 50 too.

it's not AF gear at all, it's just random pieces anyone can get cobbled together into an ugly outfit and dyed red.

It's just some red colored generic mage gear.

...Oh

it's not AF but here

Post in this thread please!

Is there some decent money to make from Grand Company seals? I have 50k of them, have no clue what to get with them and I'm in need of some money to buy glamour.

Ended up starting a character on Louisoix for when I'm on at these times. Server will probably die but maybe they'll offer a transfer then.

>race
>purely visual
People grind for ages for similar gear improvements to the stat differences, it does matter eventually. Still very little, just not purely aesthetic.

What in the actual fuck did they do to ephemeral nodes? How the fuck am I supposed to get crystals now?

>going from a voiced cutscene immediately to a non-voiced cutscene