/owg/ - Overwatch General

>New assault (2CP) map: Horizon Lunar Colony is live! Yes, that includes in competitive.
youtube.com/watch?v=JIsDXT8Xl8I

>Latest PC patch notes
PTR: playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20812212
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/
>Roadhog's gun now has 5 shots and shoots faster, but can't 1-shot tanks.
>McCree's Deadeye locks on more quickly.
>Reaper heals just by doing damage; no more collecting orbs.

>Hovering over a teammate's name (on the groups page of the social tab) will show their five most played heroes for the season. If your team is struggling, now it's easier to see that you've got a healer main stuck on tank or something.

>Upcoming changes to the Highlights (PotG) system and the lootbox drop rates (fewer duplicates, more coins for your dupes) are coming soon™.
>You can check them out on the PTR now, along with the new crosshair shape and color options.
youtube.com/watch?v=OkYJlPMdWNA

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Hero tips, tricks, and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source/Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal Stats / Leaderboards
overbuff.com/
masteroverwatch.com

>eSports Info and Contenders League
over.gg/
gosugamers.net/overwatch
overwatchcontenders.com/

>Previous thread:

*tips fedora*

*tips hood*

Any tips how to play zarya on payload defense?

Hello

I hate this game now
I wish I could still enjoy it because it was the last game I enjoyed but I fucking HATE IT now

sometimes when i want to respawn as McCree i press Q

wtf guys I did a based wombo combo and wiped the enemy team but I didn't kill the Mercy and she rezzed everyone WTF NERF WHEN!?!?!?

D.Va is perfect.

*tips racer*

Post cute Sombra.

Please

Here comes T.Racer!

Peace be upon you.

How do I play Torb on a GM level?

How much is aiming his M1 right part of being a GM torb?

I have yellow fever

henlo

Amélie Lacroix
>tfw Summer Games items again

Salut

Annyeong!

>both supports get the kill participation card

>enemy team has a roadhog
>mfw

First time reaching diamond, started during season 1.
This is where the fun begins, right? This is where people stop being retarded, right? RIGHT?

¡Hola!

Any tips on climbing the ladder?

The "Leave Game" option should really be removed entirely from comp. This way it's more inconvenient to quit a game

>he thinks people leave a game by clicking on the "leave the game button, followed by the "yes i want to leave" button instead of alt f4ing out.

>we start as 2-2-2
>first round I carry with 5 dragonblade kills and 4 gold medals and shut down a dead eye with reflect head shot
>second round we start with 4 dps
>Im only one getting kills, others dying
>I go heal
>nobody gets anything done, fuckers start to throw and go 1v6 all the time
>we lose
yea well balanced teams again thanks blizzard

>this was just a fraction of the doujins and fan books for R76 being churned out by Korean fujos from one con
>and there are more and even bigger cons coming this summer

Koreans are nuts. And they didn't even throw a wedding for them with plushies this time (to my knowledge)

Let's get this thread going with some unpopular opinions!

After playing tons of it in arcade to learn in, Horizon is my absolute favorite 2CP map and I'd say its the best. It's the one I have the most fun on and the others always just piss me off.

That's it Veeky Forums. I'm so tired of this bullshit.
>Tracer can get killed by her own ult
>Pharah can get killed by her own primary fire AND ult
>for some FUCKING reason junkrat can't be killed by his own primary fire or ult
This is so bullshit. I might put in a formal complaint to Blizzard saying something about them doing this to women but not men, then they'll be FORCED to do something.

actual tutorial with focus on teamwork so people understand how you play this game when???

What is "things that didn't happen" Alex?

That's not unpopular, though.

>being mad that junkrat exists

nobody cares user stay silver xddd

D.va can't get killed by her own ult either.

I dunno. Always pick Hanzo and leave voice coms when they start flaming you.

>unpopular opinions!
But you're absolutely right.

>symmetra torb junkrat
>literally unbreakable defense
how is this fair? dive doesn't work, shield doesn't work, what the fuck beats this?

You can reflect his bombs though, and d.va used to die if she was near her ult's explosion radius

That's what his passive "Total Mayhem" is about.
Also Soldier can also get killed by his own rockets my chump dumping faux-SJW.

user,i gotta tell you
THE RIDE HAS ONLY BEGUN

Dva counters all three of those.

Low diamond can be a bit of a gamble because that's where some people just want to get to and stop being serious because they reached their goal. Egos also start to inflate a lot as you go towards master

Horizon is a good map though, peole who think otherwise are memeing and nothing will ever satisfy them

>everyone cries 2cp maps favor the defense way too much
>they make one which favors the attacker
>WTF SHIT MAP

if only there was a flying rocket shooting girl and a healing tail she could use

>tfw finishing a good session where you had fun with good random teammates, played well and climbed up quite some SR

On the other hand, I tried to fill in and get good at other characters during the season and, while I don't feel I played entirely bad, I had to go back to one tricking to climb up.

>this is where people stop being retarded
>just play as hanzo and switch off coms
Even ironically, stop doing this.

what the fuck is this? who the fuck is alex?

no, she doesn't autist she gets killed by symmetra and pharah doesn't work because she'll just be killed by the turret and flying junkrat bombs

but i have gold damage

>for some FUCKING reason junkrat can't be killed by his own primary fire
Yes he can, it's just difficult because it needs to be detonating pretty much on him since the splash on grenades is smaller than melee range
You can test this by bouncing a grenade and then standing on it when it explodes. I suicide in spawn while waiting for the game to start all the time as junkrat
>or ult
Used to be able to, but like d.va it was changed

Jeopardy reference, a game show

Junkrat's grenades don't hurt him anymore, they changed that a while ago.

>Falseflagging about Tracer ult
You only care about Pharah because you are trash

I switched all my skins back to default

Genji gets to press Q and single handidly win the game and get play of the game

wow what a balanced hero that requires mountainous amounts of skill and effort

user: I really, really, really like this image.

Kek. I'm a Tracer main. Try again

nice bait newfag

Is there one game that fucked up his explosion hero more than Blizzard?
You may hate the Demoman but there is no denying that he is less overpowered than Junkrat is underpowered.
And he isn't just weak, his design is terrible. You could have literally godlike aim with him and still die against a random McCree before his nade even connect.

What if

just think about it

what if

you had a Zen or a Lucio

and they pressed Q when the Genji presses Q

It's almost like

Every ultimate can be countered in some form or another

How about making a balanced map, without attacking or defending bias?

>Egos also start to inflate a lot as you go towards master
I don't think I'm in danger of getting anywhere near master. I'm pretty sure I don't even belong in diamond. The genjis and tracers are getting pretty insane, can't keep up.

>post yfw ur flicks are so sick that the other team thinks you are a smurf

>no, she doesn't autist she gets killed by symmetra

Not if you can fucking aim. Dva also deals with her turrets easily just by boosting through all of them too.

First point is always biased to the attacker due to spawn proximity, however the second point is much more tilted to the defender because of how close the spawn is to the second point. Solution? Longer respawn times for defenders

Why would you care enough about whether Tracer's ult kills her or not to post about it on /owg/? It's not a big deal.

>pretty fair match
>we lead 2-0 koth but it's really balanced all both rounds went 99-99 overtime
>someone leaves
>everyone starts to throw
>we lose the match
yea nice thanks again

Yeah, that's another thing about diamond. It's where you start running into Tracers, Genjis and Widowmakers that are at least somewhat competent.

I don't know if you can tell by the post but I'm not mad about that, I'm mad about Junkrat. He's so bullshit
>blink into corridor
>see junkrat
>before I can blink out he's thrown a concussive mine in the air and one shot me

is that Jeff Kaplan video the tease :-} user was talking about

>Concussion Mine
>Damage 120
>Tracer
>150 HP

Here have some ¨

>This is where people stop being retarded, right? RIGHT?
That never comes.

junkrat is supposed to be one of the better answers to tracer along with torb and pharah
he just isnt in higher tiers because hes generally bad, hes cant pull his own weight in a teamfight so hes not worth the team slot

>get that thicc, sick, flick accidentally
>"wow turn off ur aimbot Widow"

The mine only does 80 damage and he never stops laughing, just listen before you go blinking down corridors

Sombra is so sexy...she probably smells like new computer parts.

>tfw caught two squishes in one flashbang and dink both in the head

Not him but """"good""" Genjis will wait until every single ult or crowd control is out of the way and then ult

Only time anything like that happened to me was when I was playing Hanzo

>PS4 jewel cases STILL have the same distinct smell they've had since PS2 era

Probably, I hope he comes back later tonight to claim his victory since he seemed like he wanted to show he wasn't lying.

I'm a Torbjorn main starting now
AMA

I notice I tend to lose a lot more when I have the following on my team

>genji on defense on my team,
>junkrats on my team at all but especially attack
>tracers on defense,
>no sym on 1st point defense
>no mercy on 1st point defense
>no hit scan to deal with pharrah
>no tanks
>hanzo and widow both on my team
>mei on attack,
>torb or sym on attack,
>hanzo on defense
>hanzo and genji both on my team
>widow on defense
>no Reinhardt or orissa on defense
>no mercy on defense
>sombra on my team at all
>only 1 support on defense

Does this sound about right to anyone else

Need help on how to play __Mercy__

_Top500_ and below need not reply

Well gee looks like there's nothing that can be done about it, Genji is just absolutely unstoppable. gg

>Lose 4 in a row because matchmaking is good and pairs me with the same guy who's intentionally throwing as to derank
>5th game, finally rid of him
>Some guy who was tilted the last game leaves a literal second after it wouldn't have counted just to be spiteful

How is Ranked well designed again? I have no problems with losing. But this is beyond my control.

Fucking Winston is so stupid now

suck dick

Jack can make jokes about omelettes but can he make a decent one himself?

Did Blizzard fucking changed the netcode or anything? I've been experiencing some weird delay between my actions and I know some other people have too. I have 20 ms ping, no packet loss and my input delay is normal. Also it seems some shots are straight up not registering anymore against lagging players. Had this Zenyatta player with 150 ms ping where projectiles would pass right through him sometimes, it even showed that happening in the server-side kill cam

So Gamerlink is a pretty good app (So far)

It lets you set up a beacon, or respond to then how ever you need.

Searching for a Hanzo main? #hanzo.

Need a healslut?
#mercy

Are you going to be the kind that uses his gun instead of healing his turret, knows how to ult and bodyblock to build his turret while under fire, and actually uses his armor properly?
Or the kind that masturbates on his turret that only covers half the point while his team is defending a choke 15 miles away?

how does it feel playing an overpowered hero?

Why don't people pick Soldier when there's Pharah flying around? I ask people if they can because I'm not good with Soldier. Then nobody will and I have to be Soldier and they all bitch.