>good mechanics
>(optional) bulletproof hybrid systems
>decent prices

Is that Nebula Grey Pearl?

back to

It is.

>Most reliable manufacturer
>Still has solid RWD options even in modern times
>Not a complete pain in the ass to repair for the most part and parts are decently priced
>God tier used cars
>Produced the best V8 in existence

back to

I'm getting my gen 1 MR2 repainted in that color I really love it. It sort of looks blueish in some lights.

sperg more

Also best V10.

Having said that, the golden Lexus logo is both gay and nigger tier.

Stay triggered my dude.

>best V8
that would be the M156 or S65.
Lexus builds decent reliable cars but they're also bland as fuck.
Also the new ones are overdesigned and ugly

Yes it's very nice.

It's grey, purple and some degree of blue.

>S65
>The engine that's literally a ticking timebomb
>good

Pick one.

the most boring brand known to exist

if you think drowning in wallpaper paste is ok, they're for you

>muh unreliability memes
S65 is a dead reliable engine.
Read more

>most boring brand ever

Yet their car are very different and have a strong personal style.

In the meantime an Audi passes in front of you and you have to stare at it from 2 meters to realize what model is.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cl7S-Y8ui_Y

":D"

Love my LS400. Most reliable car ever made and maximum comfy. 0-60 in 6.2 also. No expects these things to move so well but they surprise you

Rod bearing wear happened to about 1% of the early S65's.
As I said, read more

1 in 100 cars is a very high failure rate

Most reliable cars out there
I really want an isF had an is350 but sold it for an SUV after having kids

it's not like worn rod bearings means an engine failure.
replacing them costs around $1000-1500 and even if you do it every 50k miles like an autist it's still cheap maintenance for a 8400 rpm v8.

Still you have to admit, as much as I love that engine too. That 3000$ of engine maintenance over 100k miles doesn't quite put it into the reliability territory of the 1UZ, regardless of how reliable it is otherwise. This is a Lexus thread after all. But overall yes great engine one of my fav's

>only luxury brand that you should own outside of the warranty
>only luxury brand that you should buy used
>bulletproof naturally aspirated engines that will outlast any turboshit from Germany
>comfy interiors without too many gimmicks
>Solid RWD offerings

>no manuals
>garbage infotainment (Toyota holding out against Android auto/Apple Carplay)

You'd be an idiot to buy an executive cruiser with an auto from any other brand. Seriously, anyone who buys a 5 series/E class/A5 or A6 over a GS is a retard. Granted, most people getting this class of car is doing so via a lease, so reliability doesn't matter.

it depends what you mean by "best v8 ever".
1UZ may be the most reliable V8, sure.
But I was considering power output, weight, max rpm's and other specs which would make the "best V8"

GS is dead though.

I was only talking about reliability. However the 1UZ is a remarkably robust performance engine too what with its 6 bolt main and forged internals. As for all out performance, it would have to agree with you that the bmw engine offers better performance. I was like I said, just talking about reliability

Also I'm not the sperg that shouted unreliability memes and claimed the 1UZ is the best engine ever. I see the merits in both.

Unsubstantiated rumor.

You can order a 2018 GS from the factory right now. Not dead as of yet.

i've driven the new GS, the new E350 and the new 540i
the bmw is so much more fun to drive than the rest of the cars I know for sure I wouldn't get a lexus in the price category

This is my sc400. I love the 1uz it makes for a really nice cruiser. I have 230k on it and runs very well. Currently doing a 5 speed swap should make it a lot more fun

its a luxury toyota, but thats not a bad thing.

I love my is300. With some fat swaybars and some Michelins it's really fun to drive. They're pretty cheap these days too. And muh 2JZ

Technically it's a Toyota -and it feels like it- but it's a great car.

I'm interested in getting a new IS once I finish school in December, does anyone have one and care to share?

Yo keep us updated on the swap, a 5spd SC400 is my dream car.

Which GS did you drive? If it was any less than a decently equipped GS 350 F sport, it wasn't a fair comparison.

A bone stock RWD 540i starts at $57,700. A bone stock GS 350 F Sport starts at $52k.

Either way, I don't doubt BMW's driving experience. Their cars simply won't last. You aren't going to get sideways in your luxobarge. The Lexus is the better buy if you intend to keep the vehicle (again, this is abnormal for this segment which is lease heavy for company executives). I like buying cars and keeping them forever so I guess I'm the anomaly.

if you get a UZ or UR series engine, you will die before it does

Everyone hates my car because they hate me.
Solid reliable beast.

Fun cars, all the luxury features you want at an affordable price, with legendary reliability

I have owned a 2002 LS430 and 2013 LX570.
The vehicles lexus makes are solid, dependable vehicles if you only care about getting from A to B. Some vehicles rank highly in their class, and some lower. Some of them have some focus on driving experience (IS, GS, RC, LC), and some have next to none (ES, RX). You will likely find a german competitor that is more fun to drive, or looks nicer, or maybe has more features. But you can't go wrong if you want a reliable A to B car.

why the fuck are 1UZ's like 900$? i can't even get a complete chebby engine for that much.

>>the Japanese Audi
>>reliability

this is a contridiction

Its like a bootleg azn Mercedes. Take that how you will. The ES is just a overpriced Camry, and the RX is just a soccer-momobile the rest of the range is breddy good

Nice, my dad used to have the LS400 back in the day with the fucking GOAT 1UZ and he said it was one of his favorite cars he's owned outside of the Mercedes-Benz he's had, so I'm hoping the IS has some of that breed in it.

Same reason for the 2JZ, a stupidly reliable engine that can handle bolt-ons like no issue, but with a lesser drift tax.

I think he's just making a reference to old Audis and German cars as a whole, not VAG products currently.

Well they're dropping the V8 in future LS sedans for a twin turbo V6 making the same HP and torque. I'd imagine that that TT V6 will make it into an IS in the future. Might be worth waiting for if you're willing to spend that kind of cash on an IS-F

I really like the IS-F, but I really can't handle the interior and I drive a goddamn Subaru.

so not Japanese Audi at all

>I'd imagine that that TT V6 will make it into an IS in the future. Might be worth waiting for if you're willing to spend that kind of cash on an IS-F

I wish, but my Audi is already at expensive territory in maintenance that's not worth keeping it alive at this point compared to its retail value.

bac to where you belong

I'd say jap merc since their interiors is much better than their competition and they are the most expensive
When I think of Japanese flagship I don't even know what the other 2 brands offer
Acura is audi cuz rebadged hondas like vw and awd supercar
Infiniti is bmw because it's what I've heard them being compared to the most since they're more sport focused ig

I own an is300 and its been great
My dad had an LS and it was great as well
They're built well and are very comfortable

It is. I have a Celsior (Basically just the JDM LS400) that I imported, I went full proper VIP/Bippu on the car.
The engines share a similar aura if that makes sense. They act the same, They do the same shit, They shift the same way, it's crazy, One is just fucking faster than the other.

Pic is my Garage Queen
>Inb4 stance fag

For the record, it's on bags and I don't daily it.

Fucking stance fags holy shit ruining great cars always

Apparently the junkyard $500 1UZ isn't a meme if you keep your eyes open, I've heard of quite a few people getting them for that much.

The earlier non vvti models had thick strong rods and it's popular to throw a turbo on it and make 500ish HP on an unopened engine.

The later vvti models had quite a bit better flowing heads and make a bit more power with the vvti system, but have skinnier rods for higher revs.

All 1uz engines have 6 bolt mains and a forged crank. The biggest weakness is the small aftermarket, making NA power is too expensive to really feel worth it. Minimum you need cams which are ~$1600 and probably valve springs as well. Will need an aftermarket ECU if you want to take advantage of the cams and extra revs and after like 3k into the engine you're looking at less than 400whp.

A turbo build would probably cost about the same to get done. Best case scenario is getting your hands on some cheap early 1uz rods and throwing them in a vvti engine, and throwing a fat single turbo on there. Oh, and the 1uz was always mated to an automatic, so you'll have to buy an adapter for like a r154 or z32 trans.

Just because you say "inb4" doesn't make you any less of a fucking retard.

Ruined? That thing is JDM as fuck
That LS has an ideal shakotan fitment, did you ignore the part where be said it's on bags?

The 98+ ls400s are GOAT

Dubs trips here got it right.

I was referring mostly to the fact that Audi is referred as the (((absolute state of the art of the assemblies and materials))), so if you think of a quality car - interiors wise - you think about Audi, and if you don't think so the marketing would drive you to believe this.

Lexus in this case is the Japanese Audi as tangible perception of overall quality and well built cars.

Mercedes nowadays, if you ask me, have become slutmobiles for rich chinese people and arabs...they're disgusting inside and outside.

VIP is the only form of stance that I can tolerate since no one is expecting an LS400 to be a track/performance vehicle.

>Mercedes nowadays, if you ask me, have become slutmobiles for rich chinese people and arabs...they're disgusting inside and outside.

They just have too many models available, they need to trim the fat and focus on making a few cars and SUVs well.

whats the best i can do with $15,000 with this brand

buy a lfa as an investment.

ES300s are literally just Camrys

Lexus is generally just Toyota models rebranded with significantly more inspection hours and RWD/AWD options and more stylized body kits. For example, look at your average Lexus sedan and its sideskirts. Otherwise its basically a Camry with a slightly more fun drivetrain.

If you're rich they're good tuner platforms. If you're poor you can buy the shitty entry level ES300 to feel like a status symbol.

Acura is just literally Accords.

Infiniti and Lexus are the only luxury brands on Earth that matter because their parent companies are economic Japanese at heart but they try to do stuff slightly different on their luxury models. Fuck Audi. Fuck Acura. Fuck the luxury lines in general but Lexus is at least self aware of what they really are.

LS430 after refresh

The ES is comfy as fuck and the most reliable used car you can buy

I have an es330, its a super comfy fuckin car. the power isn't terrible either....

also, toyota ECUs on the early 2000s ES models are locked down tight, i dont believe they're capable of being modified.

The LC500 as a "budget" Aston Martin is a helluva deal, if only I had the $100k to purchase one of the most awesome luxury sport coupes available for a "reasonable" price. And it has an NA V8

You can get one in Canada for like $100k Canadian which is like $70k US

is that every ls430 after 2004?

>brothers IS screen broke
>Lexus has to order him a new one
>cost comes to $2000 including labor

Wtf Lexus?

I guess this is a pretty good thread to post my is350 I got over the weekend. Had to drive 4 hours to Chicago to get it but it was worth it. 2011 with AWD and the dealer wanted 12,5 for it. Clean title with all the recommended maintenance done at the local Lexus dealership. thing is clean as hell and crazy fast for a Camry V6. Was keeping up with my buddy's and their G8s over the weekend

Order one and change it yourself. Fucking limp wristed faggots like you deserve to be jewed at a stealership

2008 IS350 or 2010 G37s coupe famalan?

I want some tuning potential bus the is350 seems likr its already pretty quick eith a 5 second 0-60. Handling and drover feel important

Thinking about getting a Is300 as a first car. Is it recommended ?

The G will probably be faster and may even handle better, but it's also an oil burning turd driven by nig nogs

I'd rather have the slightly slower but more reliable car with a nicer interior for a daily driver

Get an ES300, the IS has meme tax and a tiny interior

He's paying so not my problem, looks like a pain in the ass to replace anyways.

Which generation though ?

Newest one you can afford without crazy mileage really

Toyota but nicer interior

That is true, lrxus seems tp havr much nicer interior but kins of iffy on exterior. Both make you do retarted things to install a new head unit.

G37 stereotypes are awful too

op here and camrys are cool and good

>lrxus
>tp
>kins
>retarted

You alright bro?

You mean besides the fact that its owned by the cultist toyota niggers who wont let people use android/apple play, who use heavy psychological manipulative advertising, who buy loads of data from all those malicious apps and isps and coordinate it all together to track and monitor customers ad exposures, who sell normie faggot cars, who let their two flagship trucks eat shit and die, who dont hold their dealerships accountable for behaving poorly.

>it's a "moron ruins a great car in order to look like a retard" post

90s Lexus have best value because at that time when Lexus was just a new company they tried to put their name out there and made the best they could at an Affordable price so everyone could in a Lexus.

My dad drives his LS 30k miles a year and fluid changes is all it takes to keep the 1UZ going.

We need new socks though, thinking kyb since they supply directly to Lexus. Suggestions?

... Own a Lexus.
... Shocks. Kyb.

>best V8 in existence
Lexus made the LS?

>android/apple play

aux jack+dash mount for your phone

you're fucking welcome you wannabe normie nerd

I swear I've seen this post before

KYBs or bilsteins.

Whatever's available on Rock Auto

Phoneposting

Bippu bait ft. Altezza

Would daily a LS400 shamelessly covered with whatever crap I can find and a table for every seat, and a 2JZ-GTE swapped Altezza is my dream build

The IS300 is fucking god tier, unobtanium 5 speed manual here.

Too bad the 5 speed is a glassbox, gonna swap it?