Wake up in commiefornia

>wake up in commiefornia
>put on my required highly reflective vest
>find that my steering wheel cover came in the mail
>install it
>arrested for modding my car

sigh

Strange, because California is one of the more lax states. Your imaginary story sounds more like something that would happen in Texas.

>mfw Mississippi and West Virginia

lol, right? I've never heard of anyone getting popped for modding their car. As long as it passes smog (or you know a guy) it's been all gravy.

Wow great thread

Knowing a guy is becoming more and more difficult. You also need to pass visual inspection, which means your exhaust setup needs to be stock or CARB certified unless it's just a catback. All the original smog equipment needs to be in place. At least they allow us to pass according to the standards of the time period.

Also, you basically can't own an imported car here or put JDM engines into your shitcube.

Well good luck to you.

I got 99 problems and a failed smog ain't one.

meanwhile California somehow has the best car scene in the country

Right? We're like detroit with money for cars.

California hate thread

You have to get your car emissions checked every two years, unless it's brand new (which means you don't have to get it checked for some time) or it's really old (which is why you sometimes see pro-modded classic muscle cars).

The emissions check requires two things:

1) OBDII port check. As long as you don't have any codes, you're fine on this part. If your car doesn't have ODBII, you have to have an actual sniff test.

2) Visual inspection. This is the one that sucks. If the mechanic opens up the hood and sees anything that looks remotely aftermarket, you're fucked - unless the part is CARB approved and you have the sticker with the CARB EO number to prove it.

Literally any cop can give you a ticket that forces you to go to a smog referee. It's unlikely, but if it happens, you're fucked.

All these shitholes that don't require any sort of vehicle testing of any kind. So jelly.

>tfw live in Washington
>able to drive my modified car without worrying at all about emissions

feels good man

Thats what you get for buying a steering wheel cover. What the hell user?

>2) Visual inspection. This is the one that sucks. If the mechanic opens up the hood and sees anything that looks remotely aftermarket, you're fucked - unless the part is CARB approved and you have the sticker with the CARB EO number to prove it.

God, I really don't get why the hell I can't put a decent exhaust manifold in my car. I have to stick the rusty piece of OEM shit to pass. Just fucking let me pass the sniffer. What more do you want from my 30 year old car?

the visual inspection is the biggest piece of bullshit and the only reason it exists is so that big aftermarket companies can have a monopoly on the tuning industry.

fuck it makes my blood boil that this inspection exists.

the federal law only covers cars up to 25 years old for a reason

california just likes to fuck people over for no reason

>buy jeep Wrangler
>live in commie Commiefornia county that requires smog
>goto smog shop pay ~$30 to get inspection
>failed bc of aftermarket cat that "was wrong for the vehicle"
>still passed by actual emissions
>find out that PO got it smogged, and it was new enough to use
>mfw

>maine
>striped

Weird. It's entirely county based here when it comes to emissions. Our governor wants to remove the state inspection tho.

I can't believe this daddies money is still tripfagging

>CA has mandatory smog
>mods need to be CARB approved

>muh victimhood complex

Thanks for sharing.

>be Califag
>get POZZED on purpose
>guy gets a lighter sentence than a guy who misgendered a trans woman of color.

califag here, keep this shit coming. this is fucking hilarious

>mexistangs and lowriders
>shitters in civics and preludes
>the occasional “daddy’s supercar”
Nice “scene”

Don’t forget:
>get legal HIV
>encourage legal school shooting

UGHHHH fuck jew york get me the shoa outta here fellow goyim

>more like something that would happen in Texas.
>Texas
Fuckin' kek'd. H TINE HOLD IT DINE

Hi faggot, lets talk about CARB.

rich running shitbox in fl

>he lives in a state that requires you to get your car inspected when you do anything with it
I didn't even know this was a thing

In North Carolina you have to get a safety inspection for brakes, wipers, horn, etc. But if your vehicle is older than 40 years it never has to be tested again.

The logic escapes me.

I have a 65 truck, and the mechanics kept telling me it no longer required inspection so I called the DMV, and of course nobody there was coherent. However a few years ago they started putting the requirement on the registration card, and it says NO VEHICLE INSPECTION REQUIRED.