/ndg/ - NieR/Drakengard General #98

[THIS GENERAL HAS SPOILERS]

「June bride」edition

If you have any suggestions or links you think would be useful, then respond with it to the OP and help build up the archives.

>[Official SINoALICE page]
sinoalice.jp/

>[SINoALICE OST rip]
mega.nz/#!KItiWBwI!rEyZmpA0T497aQ2_wb-okdNlVFgFvav4TluHt8MNlRk

>[Official NieR:Automata page]
platinumgames.com/games/nier-automata/

>[DRAKENGARD/NIER COLLECTION ARCHIVE] - World Guides, Novellas, Lore, etc.
mega.nz/#F!1U9FABJA!mMSLFtaWnMsjC5kNrzsgHA

>[PC Troubleshooting]
pastebin.com/qEZD3VLJ

>[NieR:Automata Unit Data & Fishing Encyclopedia] - Untranslated, use Chrome
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

>[/ndg/ Downloads Pastebin] - Ripped OST, Lewds, Steam Reskin
pastebin.com/YWG8irCu

>[NieR:Automata Lore Master Index] - includes links to translated side material, Q&As, etc.
reddit.com/r/nier/wiki/lore

>[NieR:Automata Novellas & Concert] - Full Translations
mintychu.dreamwidth.org/

>[NieR: Automata Mining and Moddin Steam Group]
steamcommunity.com/groups/nierMnM

>[Nier Automata Lossless OST + Bonus HACKING TRACKS Disc]
mega.nz/#F!xpND2ZQI!SGnaDUc7MW5VDCJ4B9q4xA
mega.nz/#F!ppsjEICJ!SH2WwEAxnsQd99rZfN6u8Q
PASSWORD=hikaru

>[Drakengard 1,2,3+Chip tunes]
mega.nz/#!uYNw2RSR!1o1NmDIIik6nb3YPZWwTIVWHHglCQK18DiLAKXpvrqM

>[Nier+Remix albums+Piano Collection]
mega.nz/#!7dNlQa5Y!r8NsLOq044JoNM6-V1oSzXGNDb3h6_wAAgfXi0xYd_g

English track list
vgmdb.net/album/65091

Nier:Automata Save Editor:
Python script:
dropbox.com/s/p9539mxoe2lyi5s/N_A_editor.py?dl=0
Executable:
dropbox.com/s/jt2gs9ou1nhxhfc/N_A_editor.exe?dl=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

business.financialpost.com/technology/gaming/nier-automata-review-creative-daring-ambitious-oh-and-also-a-big-fat-mess/wcm/6bb1f2a7-9245-40c0-8cd8-6b10b3f7e64d?__lsa=b92b-9e88
nier.wikia.com/wiki/Relapse)
docs.google.com/document/d/1VEIsGCY-qhAteyDzNqiITvCqH0D5seatCOYbfWDd9pU/edit?hl=en
github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2 threads left

Its not dying at 100 for no reason

Just an arbitrary number my dude

Besides, shitposting is fun

I haven't been able to check the poll today. What are the results?

i love 2brap

I wonder if they'll bother rebuilding the cities completely or just leave it as-is.

9 for keep going 2 for ded and 1 will leave anyway

I don't know why anyone would pick die after I put in the third option. Anyway it looks like you will keep going as long as one of you are willing to keep making threads.
I feel sorry for the new guys who never knew this general as I did. It was the perfect place to come after the emotional dick kicking of route c. At least they will be able to discuss and wrap their heads around the story. From what I've seen everybody gets the wrong idea about something.

A2 a shit and irrelevant. It's good that we only discuss 2B here.

I would love to see an actual android city. There's probably at least a few big ones.

Suffer

Again, still on the lookout for those Drakengard 3 Taikos.

As a hot and spicy original Route A poster, I really don't care either way after the general hits 100 other than it being harder to shill the skins. There wasn't much to discuss by Route Z. Yes, the arena DLC happened, but other than that wasting away waiting for summer sale just wasn't feasible. The general is unsustainable.

I fucking hate you people. Disgusting

So what happens to the resistance now that YoRHa is gone and the machines have been cut from the network?

So I replayed the original Nier after I finished Automata. Left with just a lingering thought that never really got answered directly.

What happened to the remaining shades after the Shadowlord/Original Gestalt died? Did they just die off?

Jackass knows the whole story, maybe she will let them know that the whole fight is pointless. Or maybe she will let the lie continue in order to keep up their morale.

>Metacritic STILL has this review on the Nier Automata aggregate score

>business.financialpost.com/technology/gaming/nier-automata-review-creative-daring-ambitious-oh-and-also-a-big-fat-mess/wcm/6bb1f2a7-9245-40c0-8cd8-6b10b3f7e64d?__lsa=b92b-9e88

>Dude didn't even finish Route A

Why are game reviews such a joke? Anybody in the movie or literature business would be thrown on a fucking grill if they pulled something like this.

Hopefully if there is a next game it goes even further in the future yet everybody goes back to being medieval and shit :^)

Would you guys pay for a remastered Drakengard?

Without the Shadowlord to stabilize them,
the shades go into "relapse" (nier.wikia.com/wiki/Relapse) and become mindless and violent. This also causes the corresponding Replicant to get the black scrawl disease and die.

Thanks, that pieces that together, did any of the lore ever mention what happens to Kaine after route D?

would it be gay to suck kaines dick

Yep, she reunites with resurrected Nier. Really.

High tech medieval would be cool.
Kinda like how they combined medieval fantasy with post apocalypse in the first Nier.

Guys!

why would androids have dreams

See this link from the Grimoire Nier fan translation of ending E for Nier 1.

docs.google.com/document/d/1VEIsGCY-qhAteyDzNqiITvCqH0D5seatCOYbfWDd9pU/edit?hl=en

I actually have a physical copy of Grimoire Nier on hand and they have what has to be the smallest font size I've ever seen in a Japanese publication. The height and width of individual characters is roughly the same as the thickness of a quarter. I have no idea how anybody could possibly read it.

Only the most dedicated of Nier autists may come to terms with the lore that lies within

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

What are the chances for a prequel about A2's past?
I highly doubt Automata will get a sequel, or at least, not a direct one.

I'd suck Yoko Taro's dick

Because Yoko Taro already told that story through a different medium, zero. He also doesn't do direct sequels.

And frankly I don't want a sequel. Let them have their happily ever after ending.

I feel like this game has set me on the path towards suicide. Every time I drink it feels like my soul opens up, and just remembers all the emotions I won't feel again and all the pain that will keep coming. This game was the last time I felt something. I spent thirty minutes on the continue screen at ending E, not because I couldn't make up my mind, but as others came to my side to help me, I started crying like a baby. So much so that with all that help I still died.

I feel alone.

I feel like I can relate to this. After I finished I felt really depressed then I came across a detailed post explaining why the guy he was replying to should kill himself and I could relate to everything he said. Then I started to wonder why I even want to be alive.
The next day I realized killing myself would destroy my parents.
Don't do it. There are people who care about you.

>Because Yoko Taro already told that story through a different medium, zero.
You mean that stage play? Though A2's story was indeed told that way, the audience that play can reach is limited, even amongst Japanese players.
They should, at least, write a novel about it, though a game would be much preferable.

>Let them have their happily ever after ending.
I didn't think of the ending as a happily ever after one, though. The ending was rather open-ended, and after all the shit that went down throughout the game it's hard to tell whether the relationship amongst 2B/E, 9s and A2 can ever be properly mended, especially between 9s and A2, not to mention 9s is considerably fucked up in the head.

There several other factors too, like the world being rather desolate. There are only a handful of androids left, and machines have been pretty much decimated. Humans are apparently extinct (though there maybe be some human genome in the Moon). So, basically, every other thing that gave androids a purpose is gone. Thus, even if the three main androids could somehow mend their relationship to a degree, all they have to look forward is a rather monotonous future. Compared to that, the war against machines and the fake mission to help humans were a godsend to androids, as it gave them a reason to go on.

And yes, Taro doesn't do direct sequels, but I believe Automata is significantly more popular than any of his previous works, and thus might be worth revisiting. Although... is there anything left to tell? I can think of a few things, but not enough for a full-fledged sequel.

You're new to Taro, aren't you?

Yup, though I fail to see how's that relevant.

/lrrh/ here.
So uh. Where's my explode button?

Shut your mouth and move on

Hold both thumbsticks.

ehh there is a timeline which shows that the future won't be monotonous.
Also something tells me you haven't read side materials at all.

Emils records say Kaine and brother nier die off a good while after the events of nier but before the alien invasion.

genome on the moon is worthless. all they could do with it is create some replicants who would quickly die of black scrawl because no corresponding shade.

they need to get off their asses and find a reason to go on for themselves. if humans can find a reason to live where there's absolutely none, so can they.

So i some how stumbled into the Emil boss fight at level 50 while trying to get the the gestalt reports, he one hits me and i do literally 0 damage with every attack i've tried is there ANYWAY to get out of it without losing all my fucking badass plugin chips i've worked for for 2 playthroughs?

Reload your save.

I had to do that after the game didn't load an area and I jumped off the world wondering what would happen.

I did and it just takes me back to the save point i spawned at the first time i died

RIP
You should have given up your save data to begin with.

So did you save immediately after you died or something

Because if so you're fucked and should come back at level 70 at least

Ok i purposefully died right on top of the door so to see if i could snatch my body before the event triggered and it worked THANK FUCK

if you died only once, your chips should still be lying around. emil won't spawn until you take his items as far as i remember, so it should be possible to go in, grab chips and get out.

what the hell A2 ever did to you? Why there so many rude people?

Ya-o-i S

Delete this garbage pls

9S is completely against what that nigga is doing though

why you always ruin it

Delet this

[Seriously though isn't that sexual assault?]

Not if you say no homo first.

I'm having some trouble pinpointing this sidequest.

I see no such phrase on the pics

Third floor I think.

Third floor, inside the building, near the window

oh I found her, thanks

inb4
>look harder

Don't ask too many questions. You might not like the answers.

Wake up.

you know who killed this thread

I thought Anon2 decided to leave for good.

can you stop with that shit?

I thought you needed any type of posters but it seems like you all just want these threads to last for two weeks or something.

Well if you don't like me then ok

I don't like you.

who are you?

enjoy your ''''quality'''' thread then

also sage

>Unit 8B sends a transmission to you during Route C
>Unit 8B is also one of the deserters you kill during Route A/B

So they just rebuilt the traitor or did they forget that they used that number already?

Second or third floor

>So they just rebuilt the traitor
Pretty sure they just load up default personality template, wipe memories and done.

>Unit Data 95%

Fucking FINALLY

That quest SUCKS
4S SUCKS

>4S SUCKS
That is a very bold statement

>buy nier during sale
>won't run at 1080p
>just upscales from 1680x1050 and looks hideous
>the "fix" in the pastebin in the OP just makes it spit out an error about a dll being wrong
>verifying cache says everything is fine
>the game won't even run with the "fix" installed
how do i fix this before i just refund this

Install borderless gaming

github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases

They probably reformatted her or something

A2's butt is too distracting.

>Ishida did Kaine art back in 2015
They need to unite with Taro and make some edgelord shit already.

The resistance androids still think humanity is alive, only Jackass, 2B, 9S, A2, the Pods, and whatever spooks running behind the scenes know the truth.
If you'd read side materials, you'd know that it is more than likely that 9S would accept 2B, as he'd requested in the past that she continue killing him, so that they may continue to be together.
As for machines, they aren't decimated, they are just off the network, which frees them from their original programming, which is to fight the enemy. The timeline even states that they and the androids form a truce, and machine societies form.
Regarding a monotonous future, they can have whatever future they like, the only reason 2B and 9S need to go on is each other, and A2 has been living without out a real purpose for years.
I really don't think Automata will get a direct sequel, nor do I think it should, but there are definitely more stories to be told in the Nier universe.

Is there a lore reason why the S models (save the S model in A2's story) are modeled after young boys? The rest of the androids are modeled after adult (or near adult) women, and men (dudes at the Resistance camp)

He does not, he is A2's A4 replacement

I don't think so, the reason most YoRHa are girls is because the designer like girls, said so himself

Would A2 really continue on? When you read the information at Resistance camp, she says she'll join them soon (her team mates who died in battle) I thought that meant she was going to kill herself.

So the thiccness could be to store the blackbox and the skirt slit is to more easily pull it out when needed.

A2 is willing to die for a worthwhile cause, but I don't think she would just off herself if not necessary. Plus, having known the depth of 2B and 9S' love for each other, and experiencing the time spent with the machine children, I think she would stick around.

Remember that Kaine, whom A2's personality and fake past memories were based on, was like that too. She was on a suicidal path of revenge, but when people who cared for her came along, she continued living to protect them.

A2 must have had some purpose, she killed that baby machine king for some reason.

I think 2B and 9S would get pretty bored together without machines or investigate or kill. they'll probably go insane

I don't think Pod 42 would let her even if she wanted to

4S is just as dead as A4

2B literally states that she would rather prefer courier job over dying on a battlefield.
There's a shitload of old world data for 9S to investigate all around the world.
Both of them only need each other to live and 9S already had plans for post-war events given that he asked 2B to go on a shopping date with him.

Hey /sing/ what AP Daily is best for scale drops?

sinoalice is a dead game just buy those drop boosts

I think that was just something she told herself she needed to do, otherwise she wouldn't have spared Pascal and helped the friendly machines. At the end, it was obvious she had reservations about whether the machines were truly the enemy, even as she destroyed the tower in ending C. It's likely that she'll join Anemone in the resistance after E, being one of her only friends left, or help Pascal raise a new village.
2B and 9S would never go insane over something like that, neither ever really liked killing, and there are still plenty of machines to investigate. They aren't locked in a room or anything, they have an entire world to discover, and no command to hold them back, so there is no reason to not expect them to have a bright future ahead.