Anybody have any advise for mounting tires at home...

Anybody have any advise for mounting tires at home? I can't seem to get the lip of the tire over the rim completely even though the firat part seems so easy online. My rims don't have a very deep drop center so could that be an issue? Once I have the tire in the drop center, there is about 1.5 inches of tire lip on the other sode resisting the rim. Any ideas?

Take them to a shop, it costs very little.

Pay a shop to do it for like $10

gl lol

Seriously. I blew half an afternoon just trying to get a tire off, and I'm not afraid to take power tools and implements of destruction to it and fuck up the wheel I wanted to discard anyway.

OK NOPE NOT WORTH IT

The best way to do it is with one of those press machines that you dont have

Yeah okay faggots does it look like I'm fucking rich? I don't have money to spend having the damn tires mounted now answer my shit

You don't even have the money for gas if you don't have the money to have a shop monkey mount and balance your tire for you.

It's pretty easy to do large off road tires on 17+inch rims.
But passenger car tires are difficult, and low profile is impossible

>spend 3 hours doing it yourself
>drive 20 minutes, pay a dude 20 bucks, wait 10 minutes, drive back

Have you tried fire?

Once you get your tire on the rim how are you going to inflate it? balance it?

Unless you have a good compressor to seat the bead it won't matter if you can get the tyre on.
After that you will need to balance it. How the fuck are you going to do that?

Very few people change they're own motorbike tyres. Anyone who changes car tyres has their own machine. You can't do it properly by hand.

At the very least you will need a couple of big ass tyre levers which will probably cost more than taking it to a shop

TL;DR, Take it to a motherfucking shop

It's not expensive to get tyres mounted dingus

Truck or car tire?

Ok OP here (changing my id). The reason I am doing this is kinda of a long story, but I will tell it. Got brand new tires for my truck, got them balanced and installed professionally. Week later, my internal oil cooler blew and my truck over heated (I didn't know this at the time and assumed it was a head gasket leak) as oil flooded my radiator. Fast forward past the bullshit, shop I take it to in a panic (who I know and used to trust and who installed the tires) tells me the engine is fucked, takes off my new tires as a "courtesy" (yes still charges me to take them off) and puts the old ones back on. They then pushed me to take pocket change for my truck but I declined (they really wanted the big block). Well, engine is running strong but the 18 year old tires aren't. So I had one extra rim lying around, as the spare was on the truck, and figured I would put that one tire on since the rim was balanced to it already. I did finally get it on but I probably won't do the other 3. This isn't something I would normally do, but after having to buy so many new parts, like new radiator, I'm tight on cash.

Truck tire. 245 65 r16

Truck rim in question. 245 65 r16, 8 lug rim

I don't understand, why would you let them take off the new tires? That shit has nothing to do with your engine getting fucked. Are you a woman or something?

how the fuck are you gonna balance your shit nigger?

Its not that fucking hard to mount a tire yourself. Look at fucking youtube videos.

you just cant fucking balance them, do you plan on going over 30mph you stupid cheap fuck?

>the absolute state of truck drivers
You're going to kill an entire family with those tires

That was some faggot cuck, no me (op)

They figured I would be selling the car for parts and would want to sell the tires since they were brand new. I wasn't opposed to the idea since I thought ny shit was fucked.

It isn't really a truck truck, just a 2500 burb. Those old tires are super fucked though.

ok, how do you plan on balancing your ties?

The tyres have nothing to do with the engine. go back to them and say why the fuck did you take my tyres off and get them put back on

I'm down with suburbans but seriously, stop being trash and start having enough money to put 1/8 of a tank of gas in that and just get your tires mounted and balanced like a normal person.

I plan on doing that. The whole point of thw thread was to see if I could get one on.

I am remounting the tire back onto the rims where they had previously been balanced

Balancing has to be done with the tire on because a tire is not perfectly balanced anyway.

No harm done then. I can still have the shop balance it

If you have to go down to the shop and pay for them to put it on the balancing machine anyway they're going to look at you like you have five eyes and three heads because you mounted it yourself to try to save $3 and probably fucked it up anyway.

What's wrong with saving 3 dollars? That adds up in the long run

send me more pics of your dirty socks and feet and I will give you the money you need to ger your tires mounted at a shop

It doesn't engender the kind of respect you would want from the shop. You want a relationship where they're going to treat you nice because they know you're not a moron but rather a guy who understands how things work and wants to get things taken care of.

>$10
>Not rich

You bought fucking tires, that is already a Triple digit purchase you jew fuck. Most if not all tire shops do it for free with warranty of purchase.

They should respect that I'm a hard working hard that saves money at every corner, nothing work with that in my neck of the woods.

If you are then they should respect that. If you're the kind of a guy who doesn't know how to mount a tire and then comes crawling in trying to nickel and dime them to balance it after probably doing a shitshow job of it to save $3? Probably they'll know off the bat you're a dumbass and a potential problem case.

If anything they should do it for free since they fucked me over the first time. Saving 3 dollars is peanuts compared to what they've made off of me so far

How did they fuck you over the first time? Did you go back and make them fix it or do you already have a passive-aggressive cuck relationship?

If this was about changing your own oil, you all would flip your shit. Faggots.

Maybe because oil changes are simpler and you don't need to take it to a station after to get your oil balanced?

Off topic but can somebody help me ID these. Are they plasti dipped?

I fixed a leaky bead on my wheel once with some sandpaper and bead sealer

Drop center? What? Thats an old-school term, ask any tire guy and they probably won't even know what that is.

I recommend taking it to a tire shop, it won't cost much for them to mount it. Usually it's $10 per wheel.

But if you insist on doing it yourself, you need two prybars, one to pull the bead over the rim, and the other prybar is to hold the bead in place so it doesn't slip back down.

Also I hope you already have a bubble balancer, because if you don't balance your tires they're going to ride and wear like shit. You can get one at harbor freight for $70, but at that point you could have had your tires mounted at a shop.

wow faggot.you deserve public transport for being cheapskate

how can you talk tires and not know what the drop center is? it's a fundamental part of mounting tires.

>implements of destruction

SO WE TOOK THE HALF TON OF GARBAGE
PUT IT INTO THE BACK OF A RED VW MICROBUS
TOOK SHOVELS AND RAKES
AND INPLEMENTS OF DESTRUCTION
AND HEADED OFF TO THE CITY DUMP

>has fucking welds but not the money to get tires mounted
nigger what

I'm literally a Walmart tire """"tech"""" and I know what a drop center is.

Don't know what they are but they definitely look dipped.

It's literally $5 at Walmart. $9 more if you want it balanced.

>Those trips
>That savage af beatdown

W R E K T
R
E
K
T

>Couple of big ass tyre levers
>Tyre levers
What. user, spoons are cheap. Quality spoons aren't expensive either.

Use to mount tires for skidders and tractors when I worked on the farm. 8lb sledges and tons of pounding went into breaking the bead.

Automotive tires are a breeze.

samefag

nope

So has the faggot got his tires on yet? I'm willing to dispense some advice.

also shops fuck up and over tighten drain plugs. but on the contrary you'll fuck up putting tyres on ur car