/ovg/ - Quality Manufactured Drama And GT Sport Liveries Edition

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Presence on Mumble is required for /ovg/ races so Race Control can talk to you
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Mumble and Botnet for off-topic, outside of race cancerous greenhouse community discussions and disgusting inside jokes
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738
>Botnet: hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam for no reason!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA in ASRX on Saturdays and AE86s in AC on Sundays. Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x6Hv1T089RI
youtube.com/watch?v=GMoUWPRKJjU
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780
gtplanet.net/forum/threads/share-your-gts-car-setups-list-on-post-1.354696/page-41
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How are those Dragon Trail lap times coming along /ovg/?

Best I've been able to pull so far, still room to improve but I have no clue how people are pulling 1:48.1XX. That shit is fucking bananas.

youtu.be/x6Hv1T089RI

Third for more games need to have the S-Class

>Dirt Rally is pretty great. Definitely the best rally racing game ever made
feel free to name what is best about it
and how many other rally games have you played

hello everyone

this is the most assblasted passive agressive post ive ever seen good job OP.

remember to report the OP for advertising a discord link.

tfw can't plaster [hoonigan] stickers so you use [zero]

Nth for they need to port Horizon to PC

>no one is ever in the steam group chat

SĂ©bastien Loeb Rally Evolution is pretty great. Definitely the best rally racing game ever made. When I stuffed it into the wall on Monaco and my co-driver told me I had wheel damage that was really cool.

Game isn't even on sale anymore, doubt they'll put any work in it. Though maybe if they eventually port the 360 emulator they use on X1, and since H1 is one of the BC games, we'll get it.

We can only hope then.

I've played the rallying in Gran Turismo's, rallying in GTA5, Forza Horizon 2 and 3, Rally 2000, Motorstorm, Rally Fusion, and the older Dirt games. Only thing I'd say thats come close is Rally Fusion. I'd say the stage lengths and difficulty along with the car control are the best parts of Dirt Rally, but everything else about the game like the damage and graphics is no slouch either.

14th for RR3

>join WAT1

The damage is actually one of the less impressive things in DR if you ask me, the cars are way too strong, save for the tires. Love most everything else in the game though, even the rallycross got pretty fun after i gave it a chance.

Damage is meh, the tracks and the driving physics is the best though.

Not sure the Steam group was ever used because unlike Mumble or Discord it has no real advantage as a comm media. And no one ever uses Steam group chats desu

>rallying in GT
>rallying in GTA
yeah, no

that's actually one of the few things dirt 4 definitively improved on, when you get in a crash in dirt 4 you're way more likely to get into more because your suspension geometry will be fucked
it's still not realistic because it's really really hard to break your car, but it forces you to really think about how to approach things after you take damage rather than 'oh whoops crash time to drive as fast as possible again'

nice lap, especially through the bus stop.

you load up a stage that may have loose surfaces mixed in and you go for the best time. how is this different from 'actual' rally games?

Safari Rally was the best WRC stage

Assuming this isn't bait

PHYSICS

A game like GTA (which is inherently unrealistic and arcade-y) cannot hope to capture actual vehicle physics with any accuracy.

>you load up a stage that may have loose surfaces mixed in and you go for the best time
you described a generic arcade game

Compared to actual competitive driving Rally is an arcade game?

>stage lengths
>best parts of Dirt Rally
yeah, nah

Sounds like he described every kind of racing game with a time trial mode. I guess every game is arcade to you.

simcade maybe

you did not mention anything that defines rally

your guess is a logical fallacy

Never make an OP again you fucking sperg

make one faster then

love you too senpai

I fucking love Screamer 2

sick calculator game

>Presence on Mumble is required for /ovg/ races so Race Control can talk to you
The Shadow Government wins again

Name a better game

Project Cars 2 with no bugs

Austin Ogonoski's WESCAR Challenge

pointlessly arguing on the internet simulator 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017

2017 is the worst one

dat mid-90's techno menu theme

youtube.com/watch?v=GMoUWPRKJjU

>that livery
Time to cum

No it wasn't

t. ogc

>We will never have pre-2020 /ovg/ back

u sayin the man that made the livery made you cum
what are you a fuckin faggot?

i finally put the arca server on richmond

How do you guys get inspirations for doing liveries? Most of what I've made has been based off real ones or simple stuff around company logos.

smoke weed, watch anime, masturbate then open photoshop

smoke weed, watch anime, masturbate then open ms paint

smoke weed, watch anime, masturbate then open powerpoint

Breathe air, watch japanese animation, reach self induced climax, then open your box of oil paints and work on a blank canvas

smoke weed, watch anime, masturbate then shitpost as RBDK in the thread

smoke pals, watch f&f, edge for 10h then open gimp

wrong tab m9, this is /ovg/ not /wtg/

Maybe you guys can help me. I want a game that has a career mode similar to old school Gran Turismo where you just upgrade cars, and the races aren't all restricted and shit, but is on PC and can use a wheel and H shifter? Does this game exist?

Also which games/sims have the most noisy and realistic audio?

smoke meth, watch hentai, stimulate prostate, open notepad

Just emulate GT4 on your PC lmao

Forza 7
Forza 7/ Project CARS 2

Why the fuck aren't racing items movable in GT?

IDK about 7, but Forza 4 wasn't like old GT. If I added a big ass turbo to my car I would just get restricted on races due to hp level. That shit is annoying. Old Gt was basically a car garage RPG. Forza just gives you sponsorships so you don't even need to save money for parts. Its like they want to be more sim like, plus Forza 6 Apex doesn't have H shifter support, did they add it in 7?

>not watching hentai with the bros

Why would you watch erotic things with other men?

not giving eachother brojobs while watching lewd tentacle hentai

jesus m8 u dum

hate to be that guy, but, sauce me up lad.

ouran highschool

boku no pico

alright here it goes

ANNOUNCING OVGr.3!!!

Every Sunday starting November 12th we will be racing in Gran Turismo Sport with Group 3 cars. I don't know how well this is going to work without the club system from GT6 but the best way i figured was to set the lobby to friends only and just have everyone add me on PSN. hopefully they add a club or league feature soon™, but I guess that's why we have test races :)

Hope everyone can form teams too! "These may be pretend race cars, but not pretend friendships" t. Kraid

Sign up: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=536213780

O O D N O O
O
D
N
O
O

oh shid son

change the text color for the RCZ to the blue from the Gr.B skin plox

ovg meetup pics back catalog

Tuning. I've only upped the downforce and ran a 1:49.2 in a Gr.4 Mustang. I'm going to try one and see what's what.

gtplanet.net/forum/threads/share-your-gts-car-setups-list-on-post-1.354696/page-41

Why would I buy GT Sport when it has fuck all in the cars department?

Because if you don't like GT Sport buy it anyway
so Polyphony will make more GTs like the old ones

the idea just hits you and then you go forth and create

Bullshit, let it fail then Sony will give them infinite funding to make the perfect GT game.

>Sony
>Investing money in anything other than the fidget spinner movie

150 cars isn't a lot compared to GT6, but it's still plenty. Also dlc, hopefully free like GT6.

No one bought GT6 so we're stuck with Sport. If Sport doesn't even sell next GT game will be a mobile F2P.

Who is who

any ams or AC series running atm?

state?

Belarus

Benin

>Gr.3
>not Gr.4
>not an N class
absolutely disgusting

feel free not to come

I got new RX580 8GB for 60% of avg. market price.
Should I sell it and get GTX 1060 6GB?

Wait for next gen power or price drop of current gen at such a time.

>same power
>both somewhat optimized for VR
tough call, a bitcoin cuck will pay a premium for that 580 though

I just fuck around with colors until I get an idea, then I try to make that idea, give up on it, and try to just go with the flow one shape at a time.

how do i stop cutting corners at yas marina

Give yourself penalties

That's the correct line