Dueling Network General - /dng/

YGO General #2539
Fun Battle Traps
Last Thread New mechanic, Link Summoning: ygorganization.com/ekisotorarinkuexclamationpoint/

● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/nlcz47swc8bl4af/ygopro-1.033.D-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/6vvclua195urlb9/ygopro-1.033.D-Percy.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: mega.nz/#F!3xRSSZLD!n5HAXjFTVV8g-ha3I_5SsA
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017
● Duelingbook is a manual simulator
duelingbook.com/

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook: yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players: yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Official /dng/ ruling test: testmoz.com/466984
>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator: yugioh.party/
>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market: yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html
>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Cyverse Link Structure Deck (June 17th)
●OCG: Circuit Break (July 8th)
●OCG: Deck Build Pack: Spirit Warriors (August 11st)
●OCG: Extra Pack 2017 (September 9th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Surge of Divine Radiance (September 23rd)
●OCG: Extreme Force (October 14th)

●TCG: Pendulum Evolution (June 23rd)
●TCG: Battles of Legend: Light's Revenge (July 7th)
●TCG: Starter Deck: Link Strike (July 21st)
●TCG: Code of Duelist (August 4th)
●TCG: 2017 Mega-Tins (August 25th)
●TCG: Legendary Duelists (September 8th)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/zyYHTb
ygorganization.com/duel-links-card-trader-updates/
discord.gg/zyYHTb.
youtube.com/watch?v=zI4g6753qtI
wsdecks.com/deck/34910/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

CAC DISCORD WHEN

How much of the game would be improved if Konami actually playtested their cards?

discord.gg/zyYHTb
Here I'll work further on rooms and shit later.

probably a good amount

Nothing.
Konami would still release shitty cards and broken cards on purpose.

If I want to join the discord what do I have to do? Do I need a trip to join?

Is this the one with programming user?

Only 1 persons joined it so far so no.

a discord account

Obligatory

back to your own board f/a/ggot

>back to your own board
Ah, the irony.

I didnt think cards from the game sold this much

classic meme right there
next you'll show the dmg

Nah

fuck you mean obligatory

What is this PSA shit?

Why is it so much?

It's a short print game promo.

No fucking Idea, and its only 1 fucking card. Like whats going on in MTG that one card is so expensive

Theres also that one Black Luster card rumored to be up for 10mill

Post your cardfus

fuck off

No wait hold up, just found this

I wish each charmer had theyr own DT tribe.

Imagine if Pot of Greed was legal, but it only existed about 200 in the whole world.

Some cards don't get reprinted in MtG. Ever.

Oh yeah, the one with the chains forcing them together.

uhh surely they mean
ova special right

Yeah, I guess they somehow couldnt find the image or something

Testing out pendulum magicians. Anyone wanna fill me in on the win condition on this deck? I can't even use reference builds because everyone's is so different. The 2 that topped at the wcq completely different

HANATE MONSTA

try zarc.dek
if not, oepd/servant starving venom/servant clear wing beatdown works too

It's one of the few archtypes where there are more good cards than you have room for.
Using Sky Iris on Iris Magician with Star Pendulumgraph out means you're searching out three cards every turn. You can do the same thing on your opponent's turn with Time graph. You win off generating insane advantage.
Harmonizing Magician nets you Rank 4 and Level 8, including Timestar which keeps the ball rolling even further.
Nobledragon, which you can mill of Timestar, combined with general Odd-Eyes with Astrograph (who also generates advantage on its own) gives you Rank/Level 7. Tuning Magician lets you ladder into Crystal Wing.
You also have searchable Odd-Eyes Fusion for Vortex or any other dragon and free Supreme Starving Venom since all your monsters match the condition. The other two Supreme King extra deck monsters are also insanely good.

You can also try to go for Zarc, but that's inefficient, clunky, and you genuinely don't have extra deck room for it.
You can try Supreme King builds, and while that lets you do some neat things, pure Magicians is more consistent and bricks much less.

There's genuinely dozens of ways to build the deck.

In MTG, you cast spells with mana. You usually get mana from lands. Lands like Underground Sea can produce 2 kinds of mana, with no penalty whatsoever. In yugioh terms, imagine a card that would work with more than one archetype. AND you can run lands called fetchlands to fish it out from the deck. UB tends to be the most powerful color combination, so UB related shit tends to be more expensive.The price is drastically inflated regardless. PSA Graded Beta Underground Sea at 9 is worth 6,500.
>what is this PSA shit
Past a certain point (usually when cards reach over $500), the chances of hitting a counterfeit or having someone sell you a heavily played card as near mint drastically go up. When you get PSA graded, you can just take a pic of the card itself and sell that shit on ebay. It's proper insurance for the buyer.

i'll look into the latter, not a fan of zarc
thanks for the info m8

does this deck survive on link format?

It's gotten a few tops in the OCG here and there, so it's still passable as a rogue deck. Magicians are probably the only usable Pendulum archtype post-Links, unless I'm forgetting something obvious.

you can easily make a link monster or two on your first turn
if that fails, you still have oafdragon for extra deck retrieval

d/d/d can probably survive

What are spirit monsters sitting at right now? Rogue? Petdeck?

Worst than Ice Barriers.

Petdeck/mediocre Rank 4 bait

Give me 1 reason why this is still banned.

Shitdeck

R8 my CAC
>Great Tengu of Rituals
>Link/Winged-Beast/WIND
>ATK2500/Link1(bottom)
>1 Ritual Monster
>During either Player's turn: You can Special Summon 1 Ritual Monster from your hand or GV to your zone this card points to, ignoring its summoning conditions. (This Special Summon is treated as a Ritual Summon.) If a Ritual Monster is removed from the field by a card effect: You can add 1 Ritual Spell Card from your Deck or GV to hand. You can olny use each effect of "Great Tengu of Rituals" once per turn.

Rudra is soon

Exodia.

Hey, who here likes A Legendary Ocean? You like A Legendary Ocean don't you? Come on, go play Duel Links!
ygorganization.com/duel-links-card-trader-updates/

move back kid

i'd probably play duel links to build an a legendary ocean deck if i didn't have to grind for a week just to get 1 copy of alo

Why I would use that if I can just activate the A Legendary Ocean skill?

>add 3
>summon jowgen

no

It's in the Card Trader which rotates every 8 instead of 12 hours now and you can get a lot of resources early on if you're just starting.

That only gives you regular Umi.

So occasionally we get support for olders cards, or we see an older card suddenly become relevant again. What could be done to make more older cards see play? The anime says every card has a use, but a lot of older cards get put aside in favor of newer cards.

>Jowgen
>a threat

That's a dumb question because it's not like there are rules when it comes to making a card.
You can just print:
>Dark Scorpion Wincon
>Quick-Play Spell
>You can activate this card from the deck or GY, and the turn it was Set. If you control at least one "Dark Scorpion" card: You win the Match. This card's activation or effect cannot be negated.
And whoa, suddenly Dark Scorpions are broken.

>discord.gg/zyYHTb

It's not CAC discussion. I'm explaining that the viability of a card is based exclusively on how strong Konami or whoever wants to make that card. If Konami really wanted (your favorite archtype or card) to be good, it would just be a matter of printing something good for it.

There's no such thing as a bad mechanic or gimmick, just bad cards with no good support.

Yes, discord.gg/zyYHTb. It's what one of the posts you quoted said.

I recently found myself growing interested in Yugioh again, would it be a good idea to get back into the game now or would it be better to wait until link summoning comes out?

Don't really recall how to play the game well but I do recall the last time I really played was when Shadolls were in their prime and what deck I played during that time, it was some mix between blue eyes and hieratics.

Do you plan on playing a deck that gets fucked by Link format?
>No
Play now
>Yes
Pick a different deck and play now

>Do you plan on playing a deck that gets fucked by Link format?
Not sure, still haven't decided on a deck I want to play yet. Currently I do like the idea of returning to a blue eyes and hieratic deck or trying something new like Zombies or maybe ABC. But I want to try to pick up something that won't get completely fucked come the release of Link summons.

You're trolling, right?

Blue-Eyes isn't hurt *too* badly by Links. Generally they only sit on their Synchro monster, Spirit Dragon. And even then, since BEWD is a Normal Monster you can summon Link Spider.

Any Hype duel music I should put into ygopro?

Do hieratics still pair up well with blue eyes after Links come out or would just blue eyes be better?

Need someone to duel on YGOPro, same password as always.

password isnt' vidya.

B-but that's what I typed! I'm sure of it!!

Hosting again if anyone wants to play.

With all the new support Blue-Eyes got recently, Hieratics just slow the deck down now. They brick way too hard, even with 3 Convocation. Which is a shame really, Hieratics are one of my favourite archetypes I repped Dark Matter OTK all the way up to PePe format

Senpai what happened back there?

GIMME AN AQUA DECK
I WANT AN AQUA DECK
GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

youtube.com/watch?v=zI4g6753qtI

wsdecks.com/deck/34910/

>greatly interested in Cambrian era fossils and been playing Burgerstomachs since before Opabinia was revealed
>Toad got released and now everybody hates on me for playing them
>Paleozoic

Fuck off back to your cesspool

What's the third last trap in the side?

Spiral Power

>Phantom Knight R2
>none of the Phantom Knight traps

It's a generic r2. PK mats only make it a quick eff, you can still use it otherwise.

Thanks.

I'm saying to run a PK trap to make it quick.

BLS is more expensive.

I was friends with a very good proffesional player. Like someone who constantly made it to or won their national.

She figured out the Wind up loop the first fucking day after tinkering with the new cards for a few minutes.

I was there when she discovered it. She gave a downright evil laugh and said "I need to exploit this before it gets banned". To this day I still have pity for those opponents.

In other words. The really good players figure this shit out day 1. And you are telling me Konami doesn't learn about till 8 months down the road?

>she

Yeah.

She was ridiculously masculine. Even the decks she picked out. She liked things that were very technical and I guess you could call 'math puzzles': synchro decks that revolved around changing levels or that one archtype where you needed to have an empty to get anything to work and it was all about discarding your hand in the most efficient way. That was her favorite archtype.

Basically what I'm trying to say is she had a very manly way of thinking so yugioh appealed to her because it was about probability and numbers.

>Infernities
>math puzzles
>probabilities
Holy guacamole, you're a new friend!

>tfw was a synchro infernity player

Is True worth investing in right now?
It doesn't look like the deck gets hit by Link rules at all, and the entire main deck is borderline budget (other than Diagram lol).
From what I hear, they're still topping in the OCG even after the Master Peace/Diagram/Terraforming hit.

post dead memes

Are Infernities worth trying now, or do I wait until Link rules before picking them up?

they are fucking dead. Tried every single imaginable builds and they all got hit by the banlist. Namely upstart at 1, ROTA at 1. And now the meta is even more antagonist to it, so my 280eu deck is sleeping atm

He's actually no that bad of an R2 at spell speed one. I run one in my Graydles.

Wait to see how you feel about the deck when Diagram goes to one.

How do I play with Link Summons? YGO Pro doesn't have it yet.

How does Fabled work in Link format?

Question about True King of All Calamities

If my opponent declares in my standby phase water, do all the monsters I summon turn into water? Or only those that are on the field already?