Starting a car using OBD port

OBD port car theft. How does it work Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C9DxdnxBku8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can steal the connecor pretty easily

>tfw no obd

>mfw have OBD 1 and 2

But how would i start a car using the obd port?

First step is to not be a nigger
Second step is to get a legitimate job
Third step is to purchase your own car

Have my own car and have seen a lot of these thefts in my area so was intrigued. No niggers here

>implying I didn't push my OBD port too much while trying to fit a 10 bucks chinese bluetooth adapter on there and it isn't stuck behind the plastic panel now
amateurs

Here's what I know

BMW:
>Break window
>plug in OBD-connected keymaker
>Make new key
>Open door
>Start car

Entire VAG group:
>Listen for transponder traffic, need about 10 button presses.
>Crack code, info is out there.
>Now car is yours.

Obd runs off ignition power so you would need to power on the car first then with heavy software override the cars anti theft systems so that you no longer need a chip or conformation for the car to run.

>need about 10 button presses

Yeah because people who are intelligent enough to have a job to buy an Audi/VW with a fob are retarded enough to press their lock button 15 times.

>people who are intelligent enough to have a job don't park in the same place every day

My OBD is definitely getting power when the car is off, it has a red light that stays lit.

My motherboard has a red light that stays lit when the computer is off as well

Yep, and you could turn it on over the network. What point are you trying to make?

You don't need 10 consecutive presses, you miss understood.

You just need to place a sniffer outside the target's most common location, i.e. the house.

Then you need to capture 10-ish presses, you can do that in a couple weeks.

After that you take the gathered data home, run it through the software and you get the master key code for the car.

Not unless you disable wake on magic packet

Did you disable the one in your car's computer?

Do you seriously think a car's computer would be using wake on lan?

I seriously think that a dealership's scan tool can turn on a car from the obd, yes.

It can turn on stuff to diagnose it like different radiator fans and stuff, but I have yet to see one that can actually start a car without the key
These things also cost thousands of dollars and need to connect to the manufacturer's servers to use

Or send the same codes that those things send.

Still can't start a car without the key. Maybe the factory can but that's before the car is irreversibly activated

Its very common for Fords like this one to be stolen and this was incredibly slow compared to how quick some people can get going

m.youtube.com/watch?v=C9DxdnxBku8

This is why you unscrew your OBD II port and push it up behind the dashboard. And then install a fake port that is wired to a modded USB killer circuit.

Car thieves, kiss your laptop goodbye.

>carburetor with manual choke, wont start without the choke out
>manual trans
>transfer cases shifted into neutral

is this not the ultimate anti theft device? most mongoloid car thiefs are going to be completely baffled by these things.

If anyone really wanted you car to part out or something instead of just joy riding, they'd use a flatbed

>car inspection comes around
>inspector puts his 15,000€ HMI OBD-scanner into your OBD-port
yfw?

>Car thieves, kiss your laptop goodbye.
And if their laptop takes fire they will most likely leave it into your car.

>he thinks USB-killers can set laptops on fire
lmao gramps, did hackers blow up your computers when you were younger?

I seriously think you're on drugs. Or you're wearing a tin foil hat.

if it has a manual ignition switch then OBD cant do it. OBD might give you access to some ECUs by CAN bus but even then you have to know the protocols. And note every ECU allows input from OBD, especially from external sources/ids. And even if you manage to start it, chances are it will turn right off again because its looking for a transponder/keyfob.