Fucking foggy ass morning, swered off the road and hit a mailbox going 45 so I wouldn't hit a damn deer

Fucking foggy ass morning, swered off the road and hit a mailbox going 45 so I wouldn't hit a damn deer

How much in repairs am I looking at?

lol you might have totaled your shitbox

get ready for 3k civic

Looks bad user. The frame might be bent

Rim, tire, hood, frame, electronics just from what I can see. Hope ya had full coverage

you're looking at getting a new car

Lol all of them user that shits getting totalled

Should have hit the deer. Now your going to buy a mailbox.

>repairs
heh user, hope you have insurance

Who would win?

>the pinnacle of modern human innovation

>a thin metal box on a stick

Pfft, I suggest you not buy another Ford OP.

Just what kind of a mailbox does this much damage to a car?
Repairs are definitely possible, but not sure if it's legal in your country.

did you drive home on a flat? wtf

>Wageslave millennial
>Wakes himself up to be barely on time
>Can't even properly drive himself
>Swerve in a straight
Probably texting
>Wonders why I some make.

Got it towed

If you're going to be hitting mailboxes you should really buy a truck.

At the very least, if there isn't a big chunk of your firewall missing like there seems to be you will need another fender, hood, headlight assembly, bumper cover and mirror, and tire all of which will cost you enough that you'll be further ahead to buy an entire parts car but the labor to install all those parts on your car will likely be higher than the labor to put your engine or transmission or whatever into the parts car.

it's fucked.

Shit looks totally fucked mate.
Bent frame, destroyed fender, bumper, hood and all sort of bullshit electronics and canisters for fluids, hoses too. The cost for everything(parts only) will be somewhat considerable. You'll have to either get a matching color exterior or a paint job(even more dosh). Don't you forget the labor to put all that shit together.
Better of buying bus tickets with your shitty driving skills, faggot.

Pretty much everything is fucked, including the frame, so it's totaled. But I'm wondering, what kind of mailbox does this to a car?

Mailbox ? Nigga you've smashed into the whole post office from what im seeing

Unless that was pic related, there is more to the story.

Jesus fuck what type of mailbox is that

ALWAYS
LWAYSA
WASYAL
AYSALW
YSALWA
SALWAY
ALWAYS

>HIT
>THE
>DEER

>frame
niggers you can clearly see his frame rail fully intact and still attached to the actual bumper the damage is so sever because he managed to hit the mailbox post at exactly the point the real bumper has stopped but the body starts and at an angle that got it in deeper than the tire. Basically the maximum damage an accident like this could possibly cause. Not OP's lucky day.

Why do you people keep saying it's fucked? Windshield is not cracked, so the main frame is not affected. Subframe looks fine too. The fender is totally fucked, but this can be repaired.

>Swerved off the road to avoid hitting a deer
that's retarded. you shouldn't be driving

You have no idea what a frame apron or unibody is, do you?

Just kidding, we all know you don't. OPs frame is fucked.

T R E E Q U I N O X
R
E
E
Q
U
I
N
O
X

If that's a 6-speed manual I want your transmission and shifter assembly, thanks dumb ass, because of idiots like you there will always be a good supply of parts in junkyards

Congratulations. You've won a new car

You use a windshield to gauge the damage to the frame of a vehicle? Christ I hope you don't work in the industry you mong. If the folks who clearly have no idea what they're talking about could just not post, that would be great.

Because it's fucked. That car will never drive straight again

good luck getting your insurance to cover that.
you *intentionally* drove off the road and into a mailbox
ya gonna get fugged

t. doesn't live in an area with deer

Should of hit the deer, damage would only be the bumper. Now everyone will be the taking the piss out of you for this. You failed.

>going 45 with heavy fog

KYS fucking dangerous faggot

This^
OP What did you really hit? Describe the mailbox

Deer roll over bonnets and kill people through windscreens dude

It's always better to hit the deer. Drivers that swerve sustain more damage and injuries. It's probably totaled.

i dont wear faggy-ass aprons and unibodies dont have a frame retard

Like I said before it seems like a big chunk of his firewall is missing. He could replace all the body panels and light but I have no idea if it corrupted the geometry of the strut tower. Lots of people drive cars with this kind of damage to the unibody though, that's for sure.

It has a frame rail that you can see connected to the bumper and it still seems true to me that's why I say the car is still probably driveable. Taking some accurate measurements could determine if it's still square or not. If it is, it's a risk vs reward gamble.

Subframes, plus in unibodys the body is also the frame to an extent

>unibodys don't have a frame

Holy fuck you're retarded. Unibody IS the frame. It's literally called a unibody frame. Please show yourself out.

Wonder how the OP is doing, poor guy.
Has he responded in here?

Most unibody frames still have frame rails and yes unibody is frame

wrong. stay mad faggot

What is Google, Alex

All these morons.
Take it to a shop and have them assess it.
Just from a quick look, the windshield isn't broken, so that part on should be good.
You may get lucky and just need control arms, it's definitely fixable, just may or may not be as safe again.

Certainly totalled. If you have full coverage then you just pay off the loan and finance something else or buy a used car outright with the check they cut you.

I hit a guardrail in my 2012 hyundai sonata and it looked like less damage than that but its dependent on how much the vehiclw is worth

I work as a buyer for carmax, I've seen shit worse than this get repaired. It's not going to be cheap, and your car will always be assessed as having/had frame damage, but you can get it fixed. Is it worth your time/money? That's for you and the shop to decide. Hope you're ok ya big idiot, next time don't be doing 45 in a residential zone.

Yes, because windshields are glued to the body and they're fragile. If the windshield is not cracked, then the pillar is fine. If the pillar is fine, then the damage went into the wing frame and wheel and suspension and all that plastic shit that used to be around.

I have seen frame rails get split a foot straight down the middle and have zero effect on the windshield. That's what crumple zones are for.

This

The windshield is only as strong as its frame. The glass by itself is weak and will break if bent.
If the frame bends, it bends the glass and breaks it.

While that may be something that frequently happens in large collisions, it is not the rule for every type collision that can damage the frame.

Would it help if I had some pics for you guys? I can provide direct evidence of what I'm claiming.

Taking it to a shop later, if it costs more to fix than what I paid for the car (which is most likely the case, judging by your reactions) I'll just buy another damn car

Post the picture of that mailbox.

I highly doubt he hit a mailbox

>Wonders why I some make
what

Why would he lie? Is it less embarrassing to hit a tree?

I think I'm going to start driving a mailbox. Holy fuck.

Saw a blue fusion totaled after hitting a deer earlier fucking deer man the an hero because they realize life is shit

>The windshield is okay so the car is salvageable

Holy fuck your a dumb faggot lmao posts pics of the mailbox

Boomer boi just had a stroke, no biggie.

>The fender is gone, the car is totaled
Here's your mailbox, faggot.

laughed out lel

yeah, sure. that's why last time I hit a deer, I actually had to plow through about 6 of the fuckers at once.
>doing 60 down the highway, early morning still dark,
>suddenly 6 faggot deer appear in the road dead ahead.
>instantly recognize I have no time or distance to slow down or steer around them, (because i'm not a fucking retard, it's easy to tell if there were safe avoidance options or not)
>fuck if i'm going to swerve.
>kept it straight as fuck
>didn't bother touching the brakes
>what else can I do?
>grit my teeth,
>mumbled to myself "well fuck, here we go"
>plowed straight though the pack
>probly killed at least 3 of those faggots
>never slowed down, never looked back
>carry on about my business, I got places to go and shit to do

>bonnets
spotted the eurocuck

Really? Why

How about you come back tomorrow after talking to your insurance and start a thread bitching about them writing off your shit box despite "it's just a fender guise !!!11!"

>swered off the road and hit a mailbox going 45 so I wouldn't hit a damn deer
Doesn't american insurance cover you if you hit animals on the road

No, only if the animal hits you. Remember, "I was hit by a deer" not "I hit a deer".

>Should of
Go to school, ahmed

The smartest course of action is more like
>keep straight
>slam brakes(or don't if you have no ABS)
>head down

>tfw you drive an old car with a real bumper that can decimate mailboxes and come out unscathed

google your car + small overlap

sort of this.

and i've heard stories of people swerving off the road and wrecking their car to avoid hitting a deer.
and the insurance company told them to get fucked. no coverage for that.
they were told, if you would have been hit by a deer, you would have been covered for any damage.

small overlap test is a fucking wall or another car traveling the opposite direction, basically an immovable object. Mailboxes are not immovable. They're weak as fuck, even the big blue postal ones. They have like 4 bolts holding them to the ground.

>doing 60 mph on highway
>slam on brakes
yeah even with ABS, fuck. that.
not for an animal.
maybe if there was a stopped vehicle in front of me or some other big obstruction. but not for a deer. it was going to get hit no matter what, so may as well proceed with what is safest for myself and my vehicle

Hitting things at high speeds makes you more likely to lose control of the vehicle, imagine you don't hit it square and hit it with the corner of your car instead. Obviously one deer shouldn't be too bad but adult moose weight as much as a 90s econobox

You've never emergency braked at highway speed? Going straight it's no big deal as long as you're not driving a death trap or something big enough to want to fly out of control if you upset it too much.

The full force went into the front wheel, which is pretty solid in itself and that can fuck up both the frame and subframe no to mention other things.

The cost of repairing it would be around 5k, if you have insurance there's a chance it will be totaled, also, that's what you get for driving a ferd fusion.

>not hitting the deer

your own god damned fault

>never emergency braked at highway speed?
Well, I suppose I have. but nothing to the extent of needing to come to a full stop because of an animal.

>swerving for an animal
you're an idiot. the deer would've done a lot less damage if you had just slammed on the brakes. kys.

I see what you are saying but I could tell I was going to hit it pretty much square on. it was winter with snow/ice in places, so didn't want to take a chance on braking hard in ice.
Also, I was driving a 3/4 ton extra cab long bed 4x4 pick-up, with a big ass cattle guard grill type front bumper, and fully loaded. so i had no doubts i was going to cream these deer and go right over the top of them

Probably because you can't prove a deer was in the way unless you have a dash cam