The Elise!!

Veeky Forums, tell me ONE good reason why I shouldn't buy the Lotus Elise besides Air Conditioning and Cabin Noise.
There are literally no arguments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g
raisethehammer.org/article/518/why_trucks_suck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ok

You don't have the money

you could get something way better that may in some jniverse be considered reliable for the same price point
it looks like if it was a person it wpuld be a dyke too lmao
and iy has ugly colors
adored by almost exclusively britbongs
not even that fast
shall i continue

because the Extige exists

>Get in fender bender
>Totaled

If you have a second car to daily with then no, there are no reasons.
You will be too nerveous about the paintjob and bodywork all the time. One lovetap and it's an used elise price to fix it.
I almost got an elise but then got an MRS instead. Not the same but god damn with the price difference there's a reason its called a toyota elise.

>30,000 dollars on average
>lacks every basic piece of interior that is in a Nissan versa
>no powered steering

Lotus is my favorite brand and Elise is my dream car. Even I know it is NOT worth 30k.

No power steering is kinda fun sometimes DESU, my weekend car had no PS from the factory. I don't think I'd want to deal with it every day though...

unless you are the size of richard hammond: dont get one.

>One lovetap and it's an used elise price to fix it
This right here. It's still a exotic car with the exotic car repair bill.

MRS 2zz turbo for less

if you are buying a car that's unbearable on the roads you might as well get something that's even more pure and has absolutely no compromises

also, i'm laughing at these retards trying to justify their poorfaggotry and their delusion
fucking toyota mrs is nowhere near elise in terms of engineering, it's like comparing a gun to an airsoft toy while saying "hurr it's not the same but there is a reason why sometimes these are called airsoft guns"

This. With an additional hardtop you can easily DD this with the same boot space as Elise. only it is lighter, cheaper, and much more fun

>the pride of Chinese and Malaysian engineering

nah

Elise 04' owner here, pic related.
If you embrace the concept of the Elise. It's true, there is no arguments against it.
> cabin noise
you get use to it.
> AC
it's a convertible so that's not a big deal.

Really? Considering comfort and PS as main points for a sport car?
The absence of PS get you linked to the road, who care if it's harder to park it.

1m86 here in non retard units.
But don't get one if you're a fatty.

True, it's one step further. It's up to you to place the cursor. In my case I'm happy to have a decent roof when it start to rain, which happen a lot in my country...

Literally what

You have no idea what you're talking about. If you swap a 2zz into the MRS then you have the same engine in both cars. Throw coilovers and better pads on the MRS and it will keep up with an Elise no problem. For less money.
Then you can turbocharge or TRD supercharge that 2zz in the MRS and it will slap the Elise for the same price.

This makes my dick hard. I've never seen one with a hardtop.

it looks like a happy spider. buy one and put kawaii little fangs on the front

i'm british-born malaysian chinese, should i get this car?

some of them do have AC. i'd be more worried about the fiberglass as another user pointed out

My body shop had to do a frame adjustment on a 2017 f350 power stroke two months ago. Why?
>BECAUSE IT HIT A FREAKING DEER
yeah like Bambi

Your point?

to be fair a deer weighs a lot and is pretty solidly built stuff. the only worse forest wildlife to hit is a moose

Everything is built horrible and weak these days. Drive whatever you want

Hitting a deer at highway speeds will do that. Hit a deer with a Lotus at 50 mph and see how it works out.

Even though I do not want to hit a deer I don't agree with you. Deer are usually around 150-300 lbs. That deer just bounced off that car. A one ton truck shouldn't be legally totalled and need a frame adjustment from hitting a deer. My mom's Subaru wouldn't need one from a deer

Hitting a deer at highway speeds should break a headlight and maybe tweak a fender. Not twist the frame of a one ton truck. This isn't the first deer killer I've seen at the shop

youtube.com/watch?v=xtxd27jlZ_g

>Are you sure about that?

the truck was probably going very, very fast

This.

You're in for a ride if you cock up a panel.

What is physics?

You're not a manlet, so you won't fit

Body on frame.
raisethehammer.org/article/518/why_trucks_suck

>1m86 here in non retard units.
The fuck does that even mean. Centimeters are so small, like your cock, and a meter is too large, like my cock.

6 feet is totally understandable. It's the perfect size for measuring a person.

I drive a MR2 Spyder and my dream car is a Elise. I am a drivetrain swap away from calling it a Toyota Elise...in a way. We can talk about how the MR2 Spyder has shitty int or gay mcpherson struts, but that was kinda the point of that car.

I have yet to drive a Lotus, but would like to, I just like how hard it is to get in and out of the Elise/Exige.

I say get a 211. It weights 1500 and comes with 2ZZ supercharge.

Go sit on one. I wanted one real bad until I attempted to cram my 6'3 (193ish cm) self into the drivers seat.

The Alfa 4C exists

Do it.
You have the money? Fucking do it.

But the Alfa 4C is $30k more and isn't manual.

>My body shop had to do a frame adjustment on a 2017 f350 power stroke two months ago. Why?
Because a deer is not like a human. Humans are both vertical and far more soft and pliable than a deer. Deer are horizontal and have very dense bodies constrained by a tough hide that keeps the whole mass together like a battering ram.

>Cars are different from trucks
the writer of this article is autistic

I never said a deer is similar to a human. All I am saying is it doesn't matter if you drive a lotus or a f350 truck, they both get fucked up. Even though in my opinion a truck should be able to hit a deer without becoming totalled

>still having to justify having to buy an MRS cause he can't afford an elise
>says "hurr you can swap a 2zz into it, put on better pads and coils and a turbo for the same price and it will slap the elise
Nigga how are you gonna afford these upgrades that would bring the total cost to the price on an elise when you can't afford an elise?

He didn't hit a deer.
No way in hell a DEER managed to TWIST THE FRAME of a 1 TON TRUCK.
He was doing something illegal and was covering it up.

>hardtop caterham.
oh god i want it. is this an aftermarket part or do they offer it from the factory?

overpriced garbage

you're a moron. metric is better in every fucking way.

>metricversesimperial.jpg

snap oversteer

motor bikes

The latest MX-5 is better.

Not even talking about design... 01' Elise has a timeless line. Can't say that much about the MR2 spyder.

He did a good job cause he covered it up with blood and fur and a police accident report

Just gonna leave this here

I'm a huge lotus fanboy, but... The elise is an impractical toy that has all the pitfalls of exotic ownership. It might be the sweetest handling car on the planet, but it won't let you forget its a tamed track weapon.

caterham 7

practical DDs are a poorfag meme
live the good life. "impractical" DD you actually like and a really practical utility vehicle you don't mind driving through salt.

motorbikes also do snap oversteer but instead of saving it with modest driving skills you are either a very short spanish man and therefore able to survive or instantly dead

>You have no idea what you're talking about. If you swap a 2zz into the MRS then you have the same engine in both cars. Throw coilovers and better pads on the MRS and it will keep up with an Elise no problem. For less money.
>Then you can turbocharge or TRD supercharge that 2zz in the MRS and it will slap the Elise for the same price.
mrs owner here.
No.

Lol and how does you owning an MRS mean that you can say? Just owning the car doesn't make you a factual source on information for everything about the car.
Does yours have a 2zz? Is yours turbo/supercharged? Have you driven against an Elise? Have you modified your suspension? Are you running anything besides the stock rubber? Have you upgraded your brake pads and fluid? Have you done any weight reduction in your MRS?
If you can't say yes to all of those then you have no arguement.

I've watched a tuned MRS with a 2zz swap on coilovers keep up with an Elise for over three laps. Both of the drivers were decent as well.

>if you replace all the MR2 bits with Elise bits and tune it then it will keep up with an Elise
wow

For a lower price too

>134 bhp
>0-60 in 6 seconds
>127 mph
You could literally buy a civic that would does the same thing and it'd be cheaper

you're retarded

Its a (literal) go kart

used to live in eastern PA and knew of multiple people who hit deers with their brotrucks and had them written off due to fucking up the front of the frame in bizzare ways. One case was a friend who hit the fucker exactly in the left front corner, which didn't cause much damage, but the left front was visibly bent inward, and the area around the shock tower was bent.

Also seen people fuck up because they proceeded to hit something else or roll the damn thing in a panic after hitting the deer.

There's no reason not to.

Cars that will inevitable frustrate and fail you like the Elise or Alfas, or those weird kit cars that are based on old MGs and mustangs are the only cars worth buying.

>111r
>0-60 - 4.8

Because Yamaha's about to destroy it.

Production version of pic related being announced this weekend.
Watch this space.

Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious

Its fucking gocart sized and kind of gay

Does Veeky Forums even consider aesthetic or behavior? Or is this an american thing?

Because reading most of you, a car is just a bunch of components mixed together to produce POWRRRRRRR.

>no powered steering
Free gym.

A few valid, albeit exaggerated points, and a ton of bias and strawmanning lmao.
The author sounds like an insufferable cuck.

you couldnt be more wrong

What kinds of trouble? The 2zz is a very reliable engine can easily hit 300,000 miles with regular maintenance

Wasn't the 2ZZ a Toyota bottom with Yamaha head?

>Toyota engined Elise
Why not just, you know, buy a Toyota?