What’s next:
•31/10.50/15 KO2’s
•3” Pro comp lift
•Weld front and rear bumpers and roof rack
•Rear axle upgrade to 8.8 w/ locker
•Front axle upgrade to D44 w/ locker
•Winch
•SYE
I bought this baby not long ago off a pretty cool guy who loved it just as much as I do. I plan to turn it into an over lander and go jeeping with my best bud. He’s got an ‘88 XJ I’ll post as reply.

I’d like to see your guys’ rigs. What have you done to them and what do you plan to do?

Sorry for sideways pic. No idea why it did that.

Here’s my buddy’s XJ.

1989 Comanche again.
After my CPS shat out (again) almost spot on a year after replacing it, it was running poorly and idling low and rough. Lo and behold I crack the hood yesterday and see the MAP line dangling. I hooked it back to the throttle body and instantly the thing works right.

Mine is damn near stock on everything except some junkyard parts I've pulled, a bench I salvaged from a '92, an aftermarket bumper and tow hitch it came with and a headlight relay harness that stopped working. My plans are to finish repainting the interior trim, install the carpet I've had sitting for months, fix the AC, get the speedo working, replace the closed cooling system with an open one, and finally replace the doors with power everything face-lift ones and wire up a relay harness to drive the power gadgets. As far as tires go I think maybe I'll put some 29" tires on and lift it 2" but beyond that I'm pretty happy with it as long as it keeps running.

I’ve always wanted an MJ. That sounds fucking awesome. Any pictures of it?

Got a two door 98 I'm eventually gonna lift 3 inches. Gotta fix the truck first, though.

>sold jeep for baja bug

Worst decision imo, I still miss it even if it was a wj

Jokes on me, it's a piece of shit.

Finished my rebuild after mom totaled it, it's mostly stock. I have Bilstein shocks and a k&n intake, but that's all.

This is from right after I removed all of the destroyed parts.

Is there a d44 that will bolt into a XJ/ZJ with ease?
What are your plans to source an axle?

I myself have a ZJ that's going on a junkyard 5 inch lift, 8.8 rear with factory LSD, and probably 33s. I was just going to get a d30 high pinion for the front in 4.10 gears, but if I can get a 44, that's better

My first car ever.

92' XJ that had about 375,000 miles on it when I got it. Now it's closer to 405k and the engine's still solid. With that being said, other parts such as the frame and drivetrain have seen better days (probably because I was a dumbass and didn't treat them in preparation for rust belt Winters). I'm selling it rn because I don't have the money to work on it while I'm in uni, but that thing will always be nostalgic as fuck.

This one was pretty stock, and I will probably get another one some day.

I think they both came with the D44 as an option, so for direct bolt-ins that'd be your best bet.

I'm gonna assume the engine you have is the 4.0L inline 6 which I always read is damn near bullet proof.bbut 400k miles? You gotta love that.

As for myself I got myself a 95 ZJ with 230k miles and it's running good. It had the death wobble (YouTube it if you don't know what it is, it's freaking scary) but I fixed that. I also swapped the front axle assembly with another one since the teeth in the front diff were destroyed due to the previous owner never changing the diff fluid. My passenger side CV boot is torn though and I've been dragging my feet to fix it.

I love my Jeep though it's reliable as all hell.

I've never heard of this. They all had the D35C in the front

I didn't know they even did that. I got a 96 4.0 for $800 a while back, and it's too good. The fucking air conditioner works even. Runs fine for 270k.

ive got a rusty '00 xj, 4.0 with a chrysler 8.25 rear axle. i got it for cheap and put some ricey offroad shit on it (grill gaurd, roof rack, bfg a/t's). its great and it's only got 169k on the trans, 108k on the tcase, and about 50k on the motor, but its rusty as hell so once i finish college i'll probably buy an xj from down south with no rust and swap all the goodies over to make a nice 1-2 person + dog overlander

Be quick about it though. People are just now starting to appreciate the XJ, so price and demand are going up. I’m in SoCal and if you need any tips I can help out however I can

CJ nut checking in.

'86 CJ
4.3 Vortec
700R4
4:1 Dana 300
5.13, Detroit on both ends
Wagoneer D44, shaved narrowed Ford 9"

Only Ford put a Dana 35 in the front of anything. XJ had optional Dana 44 a few years. Most had Dana 35 rear, or Chrysler.

No XJ or ZJ came with a Dana 44 front. You might be able to score a TJ Rubicon D44 front but that's about it other than aftermarket like Currie/Dynatrac.

i think it might be a couple years, once im out of college but maybe one summer before then ill get it all done

That's what I thought.
Last time I looked, it was all way more expensive then some chromoly shafts for a Dana 35

Just took mine off the road a couple weeks ago because I bought another car to replace it. I needed something with better gas mileage, that was more comfortable on highway trips, and was more reliable. I just went over to the window to start it up with the remote start and I ended up just staring at it for a few minutes. I'm really torn. I don't want to sell it at all, but I have to. I can't afford to keep 4 vehicles on the road, and the decision I made to replace it was one that I had to make.