pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

It posts --
You die...

Other urls found in this thread:

s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=0309d5a2b6d500188a5d0bf8e7635ab9aa1a2a4c
youtube.com/watch?v=hg_W2FrE3DE&index=4&list=PLfj09fCH4Mh7IdsBGtWCxW0pSJ_m9Jk8_
github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/f56736b52f286704f8334724844c56c1d9b1c833
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DISABLE COLOR EFFECTS FIX NEVER

I just noticed the last thread got archived.

and this is significant how

prospector is old and dead and nobody plays it
you're free to give it a whirl, take screenshots and report back

Brogue?

It'll always be shit.

Brogue is awesome though

Why is Grinder a "she" now?

Devs are all femdomfags.

i picked up a ring of slaying +4 on D:1 and now i'm killing everything with stones

devilish

i just picked up another ring of slaying for a total of +7 slaying

transbians aren't women user

>finally get far enough with a caster to 1) get to Vaults and 2) get a level 9 spell online by then
>finally get the basics of Tornado (i.e. you can move; synergizes with Airstrike)

my fucking dick, holy shit

remember when you swung bread at 5 aut
good times
good times

>tfw you have +12 slaying, maxed out fire, cold, electric and magic resistance along with a really good fully enchanted artifact and you die in the fucking slime pits because you forgot to put on your corrosion/acid resistance gear.

>die because no rcorr
not really

That's not even the fun part
you swung bread at 5 aut, which is super fast
if you have slaying it applies slaying
fighting makes you swing bread harder
people won by breadswinging for damage

I had -36 on all of my gear before dying, resistance would have definately helped.

What would have helped more is not being a god damned shitter.

Pretty rude baka desu senpai, you dont even know how i died exactly.

imo don't get corroded

How do you do the new tomb without being a TSO/Mak worshiper?

the way this guy uses his own word for people he autistically doesn't like reminds me of kattfag

You jew them. Gozag+Control Undead gets you more friends than enemies.

I forgot the power of shekels. Not even the undead can escape from the jews.

yakkity sax through it with translocations. Use tele scrolls to skip the second floor gangbang and the second part of the first floor.

I did, there is some update from the beginning of this month so it isn't completely dead. Pretty fun game, actually. Not typical dungeon delver (though has a bit of that as well) but got combat - both through away team and space combat, got exploration, got some quests, interesting planets to check out.

It's rather unique. Just like Gearhead is with its mecha sci-fi setting.

You have some serious issues dealing with social interaction, don't you.

that one autist hangs around just to post negative shit at every opportunity

it's literally all he does

he never posts wins or anything

he just reads spoilers and posts whatever contrived logic he can to grief people for not reading spoilers

I don't think he even plays roguelikes

Cancellation removes corrosion stacks.
I post a win up every couple days at most, every week at least. Don't get mad because you're bad. rCorr is a BAD RESIST and it is NOT IMPORTANT TO HAVE.

then why haven't I seen any at all in any of these threads

The last OP literally had my win as the OP image for god knows why.
Pay attention, user!

This Orc was fucking outstanding.

that wasn't you that was someone's first brogue win

they didn't even get any lumens

I always die stupidly when I go for lumens desu.

I like reading brogue stuff but don't be a rude boi user

I'll consider it.

>Cancellation removes corrosion stacks

I did not actually know that. I thought cancellation potions were just bootleg curing pots without the healing effects. Thanks!

Cancellation is !HW/!Haste tier in my opinion. It zilches so many nasty statuses.

>s-z.org/neil/git/?p=crawl.git;a=commit;h=0309d5a2b6d500188a5d0bf8e7635ab9aa1a2a4c

Behold, a proposal so bad that even minmay thinks it's a terrible idea

Yeah, I don't really get what chequers is going for here.
Malmutate is a weak monster ability right now, but enabling players to play roulette is a: a lot of fun, and b: makes more potions "usable" items.

I would call every potion "good" now except for flight and degen.

Flight is also nice to have, it is situational but it has its uses

Wait, does this mean that mutations will be more useless now in general? In a way that youll get shitter ones more often?

Well playing with mutations was fun while it lasted...

Weren't mutations dead already? Or they were in zombie state?

For a brief period, mutation pots let you play mutation roulette a little bit.

Now we're back to the old days of hoarding them until you get zerkitis or teletits.

It's a pull request guys, it hasn't been merged yet.

I guess I should have used Apoc instead of draw out power, but what the fuck.

AROUND LICHES

Tighten your britches?

I remember a change when they did away with bene and clear mut. Was it not committed or that wasn't what killed mut rouletter already?

Mutation roulette became good because of that change, actually.
Read the start of that link, the committer explains the current behaviour of !Mutation.

That was good? Compared to the old roulette, you have guaranteed good mut, but you can lose them much easier.

That wasn't roulette, that was "you can't really play mutations until you are zigging and have 30 benemuts, because even benemut can give you -3 AC. So just stockpile !Cmut for zot, and maybe use benemut and lose your aux slots."

CoQ: How suicidal is it to dump Willpower completely? Will Psions just blow me up with Sunder Mind?

Since you are retarded, there's nothing I can do to explain this to you better than having you go play 0.20+ and quaffing !Mutation a few times.

I am a madman who plays pure human and didn't bother with it too much. Granted, I don't minmax but I figured out that muties can have their fancy magic tricks - they try anything, I'll serve them Greater Evocation of Energy Blast Between Eyes due to my trusty gun. Works fine so far though I didn't fight anything that was both really high-tier and psionic.

I got confused with who was talking about which version of mut potions. In this case,
>benemut can give you -3 AC
Most likely you're talking about auxilary muts for slots, but unless you have a helmet, odds of losing something important are really low and early on you don't lose that much from a slot.

youtube.com/watch?v=hg_W2FrE3DE&index=4&list=PLfj09fCH4Mh7IdsBGtWCxW0pSJ_m9Jk8_

Very helpful for shitters who can't escape monsters.

You are fake news, user.
Under the old mut system you couldn't lose because you had cMut as a reset button if you rolled poorly. As soon as you IDed a single cMut it was time for roulette. In addition, you could throw beneficial muts on top of a decent base of mutations to get very good mutation sets (and no, you didn't have to zig for 30 of them wtf...)
With the current mutation system it's possible to roll poorly and get stuck with something game-ending like teleportitis. And at what point does it become safe to even start? When you find 2 mutation potions? 3? I've had multiple times since the change where I only found 4 or so mutation potions in total for a 3 rune game. And it's now basically impossible to build extremely good mutation sets because the pots remove so many every time you quaff them.
I went from playing mutation roulette in essentially every game to playing it sometimes later on in the run.

>I've had multiple times since the change where I only found 4 or so mutation potions in total for a 3 rune game.

Just cast fulsome distillation over some skybeast corpses, dude.

I skimmed through out of curiosity, it's shit. He takes half an hour to cover something extremely basic and begs for Reddit upvotes "ironically".

No idea why you would post this, really.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Mutation potions took the weight of all existing potions, so they are now one of the most common potions.

No. What you say was only the case very briefly.
github.com/crawl/crawl/commit/f56736b52f286704f8334724844c56c1d9b1c833

>Demise
I hope you remembered to like and subscribe

Ah, I see.
Still:
From 46(Mut)+29(Cmut)+11(BMut) to 86(Mut) to 66(Mut).
Originally, you had 57 weight of potions that would mutate you.
Now, you have 66.

If you are not playing roulette, you are doing it WRONG.

> If you are not playing roulette, you are doing it WRONG.
Those numbers mean an average 3 rune game will have ~9 mutation potions over the whole thing.
It's not uncommon, then, to find a low number. You're saying it's wrong to not play roulette if you only have 4 mutation potions total? To me that's an unacceptable risk. Previously, there was no risk at all with only a single cMut.

Just a bystander, but I think your definitions of "mutation roulette" are a bit different from each other.

I think the second poster () is talking about getting a set of 4-6 really good mutations, whereas is talking about getting at least a couple of decent mutations.

Getting at least 2-3 good mutations is all but guaranteed in the current mutation system, but crafting a character who has a Xom/Jivya-esque long sheet of good mutations is basically impossible now.

if you were that corroded you would've been up shit creek with or without resistance

rcorr would just reduce that -36 to -18, a number that is still very big

spend 2 mutation points on Mental Mirror at character creation
suddenly you can have will as low as you want with no oneshot threat

I'd like to know what game you were playing before 0.20 where you were getting stacks of good mutations and quaffing cMut willy-nilly as if they were candy.
Most 3-rune games you were lucky to have more than 2 !cMut by the end. And you'd be lucky to find even one !benMut.

Old system was just "eat chunks until you were satisfied, quaff cMut if you ended up with teleportitis or the like, then quaff benMut IF you managed to find one".
And even then, a cMut doesn't guarantee bad mutation removal depending on how many mutations you had.

Current system is miles better. Most 3-rune games I have 6-7 mutation potions by the end. That's 7 chances to remove teleportitis/blurry vision/deformed body/berserkitis/frail/etc. assuming I'm not stacked with other mutations.
Or I can quaff one early and get 2-4 mutations, and 1 of then is guaranteed to be good. But that detracts from my resources I might need for malmutate later down the road.

Yeah, it's not merged in yet.

For context, minmay wants !mut to be reduced in generation rate significantly and also the complete removal of mutagenic chunks. And he thinks this proposal is too abysmal.

>complete removal of mutagenic chunks

didn't they remove this after ding dong dikku killed the lernean hydra with a meat ration?

Regarding minmay's idea, I somewhat agree. !mut is just a little bit too powerful/common nowadays. Not that mutations are ever *super* meaningful -- positively or negatively -- but it's difficult to find yourself completely fucked in the current system unless you get like 1/1000 levels of bad RNG.

I think mutagenic chunks can stay. Just lower the rate they can generate at. Something like 1-2 chunks max per corpse, and then lower the rate (if it's even possible) that sky beasts/ugly things can even make corpses.

!mut could also stand to be just *slightly* rarer. Like, instead of 8-9 in a 3-rune game, 5-6 might be better. I don't think the goal of the mutation rework was to say "yay good muts for everybody!", but rather, to say "once you're in the mutation game, you'll always be in the mutation game -- the new !mut just makes it a bit less painful."

But directly giving 1 bad mutation in that new proposal? Fuck that shit. That's just dumb.

I hear Hercules is still mad about that one.

dead

Bros the last time I played DCSS it was .8 or some shit, how's it compare nowadays?

actually playable and fun now

actually unplayable and boring now

it removed item destruction and inventory weight
and it added frogs

All of the tedium outside of pressing o and tab has been mostly removed.

There's a lot of compound removal over the past 10 versions though.
As an example, at some point they removed the need to wield a sharp weapon to chop up corpses. This lead to the removal of labeled chunks (all chunks of meat fall into 3 categories: edible, inedible, and mutagenic) so all edible chunks now stack together in 1 inventory slot. This eventually lead into the removal of inventory weight and weight management. Now chunks are automatically eaten during exploration when hungry, and are even auto-collected when very hungry.

>but it's difficult to find yourself completely fucked in the current system unless you get like 1/1000 levels of bad RNG.
This is a good thing.

>complete removal of mutagenic chunks.

Tbh I agree, because they are technically food.

Eh. I think the game should punish getting carelessly malmutated (especially in the early game via neqoxec) or rolling with mutagenic chunks.

At the very least, limiting the number of !mut slightly will make those things hurt more. Whereas, with how things are now, if you get malmutated or get a bad mutation via chunks, you'll likely have 2-3 !muts, which means the chances of continually getting bad mutations or keeping that same bad mutation are incredibly small.

A roulette should feel like an actual gamble, not relatively meaningless decision that will "affect" you by removing like 2 out of potentially 9 !muts from the game.

(Of course, this is all talk since mutations are rarely too bad or too good. "Completely fucked" more so means "2-3 bad/annoying mutations", where maybe one of them is berserkitis/teleportitis.)

to be fair, those last two aren't new features, they've just been enabled by default now

>get elemental staff in Lair:2
>seriously about to win my first caster ever

jesus christ

I just splatted to the Royal Jelly. It was my first time, I didn't quite know what I was expecting, but dying to the one remaining jelly felt really stupid.

>It was my first time

did it hurt?

I asked that it'd be gentle, but then it spilled out all these other jellies and they gangbanged me really hard. Now I got a corroded ass.

>try yredelemnul for the first time
>he showers me with servants
>start feeling like i'm invincible
>get paralyzed and beaten to death in the vaults
FUCK

how bad is it to be over your weight capacity? Ive been at almost teice my limit for several days. my legs gave out at one point and im npt sure whether my constant pain is from parasites or pretending to be a pack mule

inb4 >mobile

still trapped in that military bunker, mobile-user?

>how bad is it to be over your weight capacity?
Your stamina falls and then you get pain. At least that's what happens why you try to haul one really heavy item like an engine.

What are you even trying to do?

yes your constant pain is from weight
stick all your shit in a shopping cart like a proper hobo

How do I use Kiku?
I used to use him mostly for an army on demand for a level. But raised undead expire after X turns now.

So what's the situation with necromancy now? Is it is just a hybrid thing where it's purely support?