/rsg/ - RuneScape General

unded edition

Official World: 42
Official FC: "grindanfc"
Clan: GrindanScape (For an invite, go into the FC and ask for one. Requirements: 1500 total, Membership, at least one week active play)

>I've been inactive, what did I miss over the past x years
runescape.wikia.comwiki/Update:Game_updates
>Latest Patch Notes
services.runescape.com/m=forum/l=0/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,186,65925442

Other urls found in this thread:

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Disassembly_by_material/Dextrous
runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Disassembly_by_material/Swift
twitter.com/JagexRyan/status/874629589003317249
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This specimen was training summoning by running from the taverly bank to the obelisk. What was his master plan?

why
why would you do this

to measure my abilities

please gz

is this correct?

>comp
120 slayer
all quests
tier 10 city rep
all music
1 magister kill

>trim
comp reqs
tier 10 all faction rep
pokedex complete
all cats + gems

>mqc
all quests
jumping in the whirlpool thing post crocodile meme quest

is this correct or am i missing something or wrong?

>all cats + gems
thats comp

No, they removed that requirement

Why does jagex add dumb unnecessary things like gems but don't give them a purpose?
How much dev time do you think they spent on the journal shit? I bet it was a shitload

then why did they make all the cats from t9 to t5 rep?

To make it easier to get the cat head override I guess
They recently released an updated and 'completed' list of the comp/trim/mqc requirements and the journal certainly wasn't among the comp reqs. The reason it was a requirement in the first place was because they removed the 'Pyramid Scheme' achievement (which essentially required t10 rep in every faction, completed journal and some other shit) from the comp reqs

the cats and gems remind me of the arc stuff for the salty, and salty isn't even a trim req strangely

Are the highest leveled soul devourers the best overall to kill?

crocodiles with mech chins

Pity gz

I recall seeing someone upload a video of all the different soul devourer tasks. Chinning the gorillas was supposedly the best XP but the chance of getting killed is very high. Not sure how crocodiles like compare to them
While we're on that topic, is anyone else getting bored with the new slayer meta training methods where you just use chinchompas for every single task? slayer was already tedious as fuck due to the short length of the average task and this new method has more or less only ensured that every single task is the exact same

post fashionscape

>see fashion I like
>lol discontinued for no reason you'll never be able to get the one good looking item in the game :^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^)
give me one(1) reason to tolerate discontinued untradeable cosmetics

items become more valuable and charming when they're not available anymore; like the demon masks and party hats

MUH PRESTIGE IT'S A REWARD FOR SHOWING PLAYERS PLAYED X AMOUNT OF YEARS AGO
I don't know, I feel bad for those that want the scarves and hats from the '05 christmas event but at the same time I'm glad they are somewhat rare these days because it means I don't see ten thousand other players using them. If they were available to everyone I can imagine I'd see a shit ton of people using the scarves and I honestly feel like it'd ruin them a bit for me. Not necessarily because I want to look like a special snowflake, I just hate seeing the same copypasted outfits on half of the characters I come across

I stopped playing for easter 2006 and missed the egg ring. Such a joke. I have every other seasonal thing though, except a scythe.

so what do I do with these prawn/golden prawn crackers
do I just use them on random people or is there a chat for it or what

>no curses
>inv lv1
>105 qp
god i hate these kids

anyone wanna sell a christmas scythe?

use them on other players
prawn crackers give prawn balls to both players
golden prawn crackers give fish eggs to both players
use fish eggs to complete you're aquarium

>he didn't get to go around f2p worlds tricking newbies into thinking you're an item
sux 2 b u buddy

ded again

you could try asking your friends if they want to pop some fish crackers, otherwise just spam them on randos

>can't get genocidal and dragon slayer on the same gizmo
>tried like 18 times

reminder that the safest way to protect you'reself from being h*cked is to play on an old account that has a username login that literally no one alive remembers

Hacking has never happening in runegame or jagex would be liable.
It's phishing/social engineering both of which are user error.

spam them on glacial tear or whatever the h*ck his name is, he rees about how you are digitally raping him or something

How is this any different from using a random email that no one has ever heard of as your log in name?

No ruse here senors

@
soon you'll get to disassemble all your money

fc looking as autistic as always
Case and point. Invention is less than 1 gp/xp.

I'm only doing it so I can skill without feeling like I'm xp wasting. 99 mining/fishing next. Is it hard to get components for the fishing rod-o-matic when you've just started?

swifts are the 'hard' part and those are just good ole mith darts from chaos elemental my friend

>friends
>playing runegame
nice meme
I guess ill go to w2 later and ask people if they want stuff

>calls peope autistic
>takes an idle funpost seriously
pottery

>Case and point. Invention is less than 1 gp/xp.
You've factored in the optimal training methods (in terms of time, not profit, as the potential profit of things you kill has nothing to due with the actual cost of the skill but rather influences the net profit of killing said things) as well as the components/purchase of siphons, augmentors and/or preaugmented tools, and divine charges?
That's a lot of math!

if you happen to be jewish golden crackers go for 1-10m on compers who dont want to fish

Can't they just turn it off

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Disassembly_by_material/Dextrous

runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Calculator:Disassembly_by_material/Swift

Should I just use this, sort by "cost per material" and use the lowest?

up to you my dude like i say chaos ele tasks keep me stocked up pretty good

finally something new
is this a good task? should i prefer it?

wew I just discovered it's possible to expand the slayer counter interface, did they add that yesterday? Also why would anyone actually use it

from an efficiency standpoint no, they're pretty garbage in terms of xp and gp
i still have them preferred though cause i like them, it's a 10 minute afk task and it's kind of nice seeing those key drops even if they're not worth much anymore

The cost of charges don't count because worthwhile combat equipment is already degradeable anyway. And the cost of charges for skilling equipment is low enough that it's negligible.

And ultimately, since you will get 200m invention xp before you're done with all applicable invention skills, there's no reason to not siphon everything. And the xp you get from siphoning is greater than the cost of a siphon. So

>you can expand the slayer thing
holy fuck

it got slayer points off my currency pouch at least

>The cost of charges don't count because worthwhile combat equipment is already degradeable anyway
That's where you're wrong
It costs additional money because regular slayer armour isn't degradable at all

What a waste of dev time, even if it was probably a small amount of time. You don't need to know your task streak or slayer points unless you're actually at a slayer master (who can tell you), and if you really wanted to know anyway you were able to quickchat to check.

The time they spent doing that could have been spent on making area loot interface less fucking garbage.

Then don't augment your slayer gear? You'll still hit 200m invention xp early. That's like saying fletching is super expensive and using dragon darts as your evidence.

if i combine two used superior scrimshaws, can they stack beyond the 4 hour limit?

>dude go into the wilderness
>DUDE GO INTO THE WILDERNESS

3 item no skull
1 item maybe skull
1 cheap item probably skull

honestly i just sunspear chaos elemental for my daily reaper and its no trouble

no. moreover you won't be allowed to do so unless the sum is below 4 hours

>not just buying cheap shit off the GE

Ironmen excluded.

cool, that's pretty much what i expected, thanks

are runescape bankers too big to fail?

Are small mystery boxes or big mystery boxes more worth it? From my anecdotal evidence from opening the two the bigs are barely better if at all. Was thinking of converting to smalls so I get twice as many.

always smalls

how to make /rsg/ not ded?

ded is good
not ded bad
this is the way of Veeky Forums

o
ok

>this argument again

Does RoW work at gwd2? I heard it doesn't

ring of fortune+ does

not too ded though, otherwise there's no place to be ded together

how ded is right ded?

So where's that patch for implings in Menaphos?

Beach status:
C O N F I R M E D
O
N
F
I
R
M
E
D

nice

i'm eager for the free construction exp

Why does jagex try in vain to outclass scythe?
No amount of tiers will ever be better than +1 range

what about +2 range

massive anime ball-and-chain weapons when?

friendly reminder to PANIC BUY KHOPESHES
t. hand rubbing

I already bought them long before the stream

i fuckin love vindicta, shit's like 10m/hr
what's another easy boss that shits out gp

qbd

I got one as a drop yesterday
Deliberately held onto it knowing it would skyrocket

SO YOU'S BE SAYIN
WE WUZ MAGISTERS N SHIET

twitter.com/JagexRyan/status/874629589003317249

If they don't make the Urn Enhancer a pocket slot item with this update I'm gonna be fucking ANGERY

>t92 dual wield melee confirmed
>from a boss solo boss with projected 2 minute (1 30 sec for anyone good) kill times by Jagex
>keys will be expensive
This is just plain stupid. Discourages player interactions even more. The losers that vote for solo bosses aren't even going to do this boss because of the high requirements. And of the few that do have the requirements many won't do it because the keys will be expensive, just like those same people don't do legiones now.

It's incredible that Jagex really thinks they need to add more solo bosses with how little Telos is fought, and how much more AoD is fought, comparatively speaking. Evidenced by the fact that praesuls are already cheaper than sos despite being in the game 6 months shorter time.

>Discourages player interactions even more
runescape is solo with chat
stop trying to make it anything but this
minigames and everything group were always optional, and you never HAD to do it with friends
it is not a traditional MMO and should not be held by MMO standards

>waaaahhh, somebody called me bad in dungeoneering so I refuse to do group content ever again
>and anyone who disagrees with me is WRONG

>bosses should have an artificial barrier of entry so I can be the only one farming it like voragay

The problem with vorago is how the drops are determined, not the "artificial barrier".

Nex AoD is very well designed in that regard, because you can 7 man group and everyone gets a drop, or mass it and everyone still gets a consolation prize.

Can I buy the S U C C with this?

also
>inb4 it is optional, you don't HAVE to fight the boss
name (1) bis item pre-raids/other forced group (meaning bosses with entry mechanics that make them perminently impossible to solo, unlike nex, which though extremely challenging and designed for groups, solo strats were eventually created for it) content that requires you to interact with another player
This can be from any point in runescapes existence

No, autists should be able to be autistic you dumb fuck.
Majority of runescape's playerbase isn't wowtards and don't care about "MMO features"

Why don't these give fortunate components?

>It's incredible that Jagex really thinks they need to add more solo bosses with how little Telos is fought, and how much more AoD is fought, comparatively speaking. Evidenced by the fact that praesuls are already cheaper than sos despite being in the game 6 months shorter time.
>A boss that can be freely leeched due to being a group encounter is killed more often than a solo boss
>A boss that is capable of rivalling Telos' gp/h without punishing mistakes is more popular among high levelled players
what a surprise
With that being said I think you underestimate how often Telos is killed t b h

Also staves are, for the average relatively wealthy player, a lot better than wands/orbs so that's hardly a surprise. Wands are only used by bad shield campers and wands+orbs are only used by cheapasses who can't afford a staff or minmaxers who use both a staff and a wand/orb for 4taa

rarer than 3a dye gz

>This can be from any point in runescapes existence
Literally all nex gear. Nex was not soloable until EoC. KK being soloable was pretty obviously an oversight as well, and it is still not worth it to solo him to this day because of how bullshit it is.

But they still eventually became soloable.
All group content should eventually be soloable given game and gear progression, basically just remove entry mechanics like vorago.
Newer group bosses are specifically designed to stop players from soloing them no matter what with hard counters you cannot possibly get around with gear or skill.

>A boss that can be freely leeched due to being a group encounter is killed more often than a solo boss
>A boss that is capable of rivalling Telos' gp/h without punishing mistakes is more popular among high levelled players
You don't get a drop that's worth anything if you leech and/or are bad.

>staves strictly > wands
From a dpser standpoint, if you have very high accuracy wands > staves. IF you're a dpser you shouldn't have to use defensive abilities very often so you will not have to 4taa off of them very often if at all.

>name something that wasn't soloable at any point of rs existance
>n-no it eventually became soloable so that doesn't count!!!
Autists will be autists, just like you said! Just to appease you, there's no reason they can't take hte same path and make it impossible to solo on release but eventually scale to become possible to solo with release of new abilities/higher tier weapons, just like they did with Nex.

>You don't get a drop that's worth anything if you leech and/or are bad.
There are two groups that do AOD:
1) Lootshare masses where you can leech your way through a kill. Since it's lootshare your performance has zero impact on the loot you get
2) 7 man teams that split codices/praesuls. Even if you're the worst player on the team you still get a split
The point is that what you're saying is bullshit

>IF you're a dpser you shouldn't have to use defensive abilities very often so you will not have to 4taa off of them very often if at all.
Great way to show everyone in the thread that you're a subpar retard