Chevrolet halts production of 2018 Corvette

ITS HAPPENING!
MID ENGINE CORVETTE SOON

>The Bowling Green Daily News reports that Chevrolet — which is a part of General Motors — will stop building the 2018 model on January 22 after a total of just four months of production.

>Chevrolet won’t say why.

nypost.com/2017/10/23/chevrolet-mysteriously-halts-production-on-2018-corvette/

Are the boomers all dead or something?

Oh shit, the whole car market btfo

Chevy has wanted a mid engined vette since the 70's. Fuel crisis and safety restrictions put a halt on that. Im actually suprised they didnt just throw the project in the trash and im curious how this is going to turn out. But theyve been hyping the hell out of the C8 Vette for months now

>Chevy tried to make a mid-engine corvette back in the 70's
>fuel crisis and rise of modern safety and epa stopped it

>Chevy wanted to try again in the late 00's
>2008 economic collapse and sky high gas prices stopped it

>Chevy wants to try it again now in the late 10's
>????

>inb4 slower than the gtr just like the z06 is

boomers have kind of wanted the mid engine corvette ever since the concept arose in the 70's.

Good i hope it's more of an overheating oversteering piece of shit than the c7 is

If you really drive YOUR ACTUAL c7 *z06 hard enough to run into overheating issues, surely you're capable of installing a few hundred bucks of heatshielding for the oil cooler and lines, no?

>actually admitting the z06 is a defective piece of shit from the factory

Yet that defective piece of shit can take fuckloads more miles on the odometer than a Euro sports car can, and it doesn't cost $5,000 - 10,000 to change a fucking belt.

>Makes the first actually competitive, fast corvette ever. Sells well.
>Stops production after barely 3 years.
Why?

Because it couldn't beat the GT-R

Nice fallacy there. The car having a redemeeing thing doesn't make it ok to overheat. Delusional Americucks.

The C8 will be the next step for the C7. It seems like GM is serious about having the Corvette be a high performance budget supercar killer.

Fear of losing value as a mid-upper level sports car. If you start seeing Corvettes everywhere all the time like you do Mustangs and Camaros they stop being special.

Sort of. The Corvette market was mostly retirees who wanted a sport car instead of a Cadillac. That market segment is dying, literally, so they need to change up the whole brand image.

They'll probably do something exotic like mid engine, maybe even mid engine+EV AWD.

This is not true we have tons of stories of these shitty ass cars blowing up with less than 5,000 miles on them.
The pricing meme needs to die too because the build quality and interior comfyness of the c7 is utter shit, my step dad bought one and I like my 30 yr old rx7 more.
Factory warranties are a thing too user

>M-muh shitbox is good, honestly guise!

>It seems like GM is serious about having the Corvette be a high performance budget supercar killer

You missed the point of that cokmparison, the fact that my shitbox has a nicer interior is absolutely ridiculous

>open thread
>nissan fangrils are STILL seething with anger

gigity

It doesn't have a nicer interior and you know it. Stop shitposting

>my step dad bought one and I like my 30 yr old rx7 more.

this is the most Veeky Forums thing I've read today

>gm fags defending their fiberglass shitbox this hard

this caused a massive trigger

[citation needed]

Um, dunno which posts you've been reading but it's the other way around.

>Next gen corvette is a v8 hybrid with v6 option

S A V A G E

Why were you obtuse on purpose like that?
Lots of cars need work to go fast on tracks. Brake pads, good tires, upgraded cooling, etc. I dont see why adding a few heatshields is such a big deal, or why you think it applies to all C7s, even N/A ones.

Maybe they are finally getting the fuck out of Detroit?

They're made in Kentucky.

Corvettes are made in Bowling Green, KY.
Stupid yuropoor.

ah didnt know that.
fuck off nigger i aint no eurocuck

fug

They aren't going to stop making the C7, they are going to be making two cars side by side.
They've fixed the manual trans cars for MY2017, it'll keep water temps under 250 and oil temps under 300 even on short tracks in hundred degree heat. The auto trans cars didn't have enough space for the auxiliary heat exchanger, but they did get the better flowing hood and the intercooler that feeds the rear cylinders better than the 15s and 16s.

I'd still put heat shields between my oil lines and my cats if I owned one, but the M7 cars will hang with any street car in the performance bracket that isn't a GT3 in terms of lap count at full chat before something cooks.

then why are you defending yourself so hard

>everyone who triggers me is the same person

yep lol

>Mid engine Corvette development directly related to global economic failure

Fuck, someone get /x/ in here. the end times are coming

Why the fuck does every thread about the corvette trigger Veeky Forums so much? Jesus christ

Anyways, hype thread for mid engine corvette

>stick shift
>amurrican vee ate
>targa top

My dick is rock fucking hard

gm fangirls butthurt that the gtr is faster

Literal autists discovered they could disguise garbage spam as gtr vs corvette benchracing several years ago. Mods remained clueless until very recently.

>implying the mods haven't deleted prezo's attempts to get back at soviet multiple times

mods deleting the nerve hurter lol

The auto loan bubble will probably burst right before it's supposed to come out and it will never be released.

what do you think they will call it?
i bet is the corvair, on something under the cadillac moniker

From this picture, it looks ok

A smaller midsized/compact rwd sedan
Don't fucking remind me. They just started lending to bozos again so we can kiss everything goodbye. I can imagine if you can afford it we will start seeing premium branded cars and mid ranged prices.

I hope it bursts right after they come out so I can grab one when people default on their payments

There's never going to be a mid engined corvette! Ever!