/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

More new monsters edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/why-monster-hunter-world-leaves-behind-handhelds-f/1100-6450997/
youtube.com/watch?v=NndcJ7jXzb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for people importing the SwitchKino version and me being able to convert my Gen data to X data.

Thick
Lynian
Thighs

Third for 30 fps.

*Also on PC and Xbox

>There are PC/XB version too
>sony paid it!!!!!!!

>Japan only getting the PS4 version

But what did they mean by this

i fucking dropped my 3ds on my laptop and my laptop shut down

>3ds mh titles are exclusive
>nintendo didn't pay for it!!!!!

Evasion +1 or evade distance? Does distance still only provide 0.2s iframes in gen?

happy doggo
slightly discontent doggo

>PS4 exclusive in Japan
>PS4 exclusive content
>Revealed at Sony conference
>PC version delayed

hehehe goyim, keep looking the other way, sony had nuting to do with this!!

>pc
>xbox
>japan

Many of western games released only ps4 version in japan :)

what weapons you fucking niggerturd?

Evasion+1 for everything except SA

There are more PCs in Japan than PS4s. PC not getting a release is very shady. I hope all the moneyhatting pays off for Sony :)

DB aswell, as demon dash is evasion+1 default

>demon dash is evasion+1 default
Citation needed

I'm kinda glad World's not gonna have the issue of tripping or stunning a monster and missing your opportunity to wail on them because they're behind the barrier between levels.

>Fighting monsters by area transition
cringe

Why except SA? Because of the sidestep?

>There are more PCs in Japan than PS4s
Citation needed.

Distance doesn't affect i-frames. Distance is important on SA and HBG so you can move around quickly without sheathing.

Yeah
Thanks for falling in my trap. So handhelds>consoles>PC in terms of popularity in Japan right? Then why isn't World on Switch unless Sony moneyhatted it?
check and mate

Why Switch when Vita has more install base?

Hmm, thanks. After lancing I wanted to sidestep through tails and such with a SA, I'll try the extender this time

How do they port a game if it cant run

How much did it sell in Japan again? If Sony themselves don't bother to acknowledge that Vita exists, why would Capcom? PS4 also barely hit 5 million while Switch already passed 1 million in just 3 months.

There is no denying that this is a Sony moneyhat.

How do they port a game when it's moneyhatted?

5.5 million

Whats the general opinion about each weapon users ?

>5.5 million in bit less than 6 years
JUST

>Hey elemental LBG is pretty neato
>Apex monsters
I want to die.

Gunlance and Hammer are rude.

What's your point?

I'm a big guy for you ofcrouse!

Caravaneer's Motherfucking Faggot Turbonigger x3 Challenge, more like

Is the online server saying it's in maintenance?

Does sidestep have more iframes?

>Then why isn't World on Switch unless Sony moneyhatted it?
Didn't they say they wanted a more powerful platform for AI computation or what? Also I only asked for citation on where you heard that there are more pcs than ps4 in japan. Don't get so triggered like I'm attacking you.

No because Evade extend with sidestep lets you sidestep attacks without needing invincibility frames. It also makes sticking to the monster easier.
No, not really. I don't remember seeing that anywhere. AI didn't look anything special in the demo, Anjanath couldn't even see the player when he was standing beside him.

Monster Hunter World!

hey bro, I really really like pepes haha

gamespot.com/articles/why-monster-hunter-world-leaves-behind-handhelds-f/1100-6450997/
>Has moving to more powerful consoles allowed you to include more elements that you weren't able to achieve before on weaker hardware?
>Kaname Fujioka: The power of the current generation of hardware has really let us make these seamless environments come to life, whether it's just literally the graphical detail, more detailed structures with everything like plants and smaller animals and creatures, up to the big monsters. But when it comes to the fact that we've got more complex 3D geography in the maps, with lots of verticality, that means the more complex the environment gets, the more you have to work on the computation of the monster behavior to make it move around those environments realistically because it's not just moving on a flat plane. It's got to climb complex inclines, jump down cliffs, and things like that. To add all those things together into one living, breathing ecosystem, it really does take the power of the current generation.

How are people capable of struggling with Teostra? Like 90% of his attacks are widely telegraphed AoE attacks and he has no health.

And the rest?

He can catch you off-guard with pretty erratic leaps and charges. Difficult to hit his soft spots while also trying to not get hit by those.

Can anyone give me some examples of the improved AI from the demo?

>Can you give me examples of the improved AI in a limited source of information?

You're out!

>his

What does she teach?

Memeology

you can ask projared or gaijinhunter so that they can ask the devs at a later date.

>verticality
aka
"We want the Dark Souls audience"
we won, we own you now. you are a souls bitch

hmm, you would think that they would show it off since it's one of their main features, possible only with the power of PS#4THEPLAYERS. I guess we'll see amazing AI implementations in the full game, rigt?

what the fuck does verticality have to do with dark souls?
it's referring to the utter meme in game design that began in 3u with water combat

does anyone know the easy way to find japanese speedhunting youtube channels

there's a 4u seregios longsword run i want to rewatch but it's no longer in my history

Didn't it start with MH4? They were trying to get the Souls audience since MH4 then? Makes you wonder why it's on 3DS then.

she teaches the art of getting gud, since she must be soloed

>Monsters travelling together
>General monster interactions
These did not exist in the game before.

he teaches how to be the cutest female monster

>GameSpot: What made you decide to bring this particular installment to home consoles after the most recent ones have been on handhelds?
>Ryozo Tsujimoto: The series has been going for about 13 years now, so it's quite long in the tooth, but we felt it was a good time to start reevaluating the series and what we want to do with the next title. It was a good opportunity at this particular time because the current generation of technology is so powerful that it will allow us to express a much more dynamic, living world than we've ever been able to before. So when we had that concept in place, it seemed to make sense at this time to take advantage of home console hardware and bring Monster Hunter back to consoles. It's going to let us have a lot more dynamism and monster behavior, more realistic AI, and complex interactions between monsters. Everything, the timing, just seemed to be right for us.

>STILL getting madposts from brand loyalty fags

Nothing suggests that it couldn't be done before. The point is that I am just not seeing this amazing epic groundbreaking AI that Capcom keeps talking about. I really hope that we aren't going into another SFV//DR4/MVCI/DmC scenario.

It's looking very suspicious right now.

Ah yes, because the trailer shows everything the game has to offer. Besides, you only asked for some examples and I did.

Can the entire roster of MHXX and the weapon movesets, styles, arts, content, etc. be done in MH1 15 years ago? Why didn't they?

Not the trailer, the demo.
>have genuine concerns about World
>shills come out in full force

You do know there can be subtleties that are not so apparent "in your face" changes that can take up computation power right?
Look at dwarf fortress. It's an ascii game that eats cpu like nothing, especially the bigger your fortress is.

>comparing DF to MH
btw, the CPUs in PS4/ONE are weak as fuck.

>Nothing suggests that it couldn't be done before
Yet you're suggesting that the list I've mentioned couldn't be done before?

Not that guy but he's right though, that's basically the same as your argument.
>why couldn't do they it on a less powerful system?

Yes, it could be, if they had the artistic vision and animators. It has nothing to do with technological restrictions.

Is the best way to beat Caravaneers Challenge (4U, low rank) really to get Rajang and Zinogre to kill each other? Because it's not working out for me.

>comparing DF to MH
It's an example I used to explain my point, not a direct comparison.
The point is there can be subtle changes to AI that aren't obvious but require more computing power to perform.
>btw, the CPUs in PS4/ONE are weak as fuck.
Ths switch CPU is still weaker no?

I didn't say anything about the Switch. Why do people keep bringing Nintendo in this??!?!?! Fursecution complex?

So why didn't they?

Do you even reply chain?
>Then why isn't World on Switch unless Sony moneyhatted it?

What are your concerns again? Were you this concerned when MH was on 3DS for the last 6 years, i.e the worst possible hardware choice? Were you this concerned when MH3 was cancelled for the PS3 and slated for the Wii instead? If yes then what were your concerns back then?

>??!?!?!
Autism leave
Stay in fucking /v/

Because they were inexperienced
I'm not even the same guy. The complex is real
Yeah, I was concerned because they were not using the power of the cell but instead had wagglified MH3. don't care about 3ds because those games looked too casual, I was busy playing MHFU. All theses changes in World and the developers INSISTIG that IT'S TOTALLY MH5 BRO AND TOTALLY NOT WESTER is concernning

basically, they don't seem confident in their product

Smoke bomb, traps, bombs, kill one as fast as possible.

Can the Switch even run something with "realistic graphics" since all games I've seen on it had cartoony ones.

So why do you care about MHW? Doesn't it look too casual to you? Why lower your standard now?

>I'm not even the same guy. The complex is real
I didn't say you were. Do you even understand what the subject of a discussion is? Stop replying to me if you don't understand english.

Because I'd like to move on from MHFU but World isn't doing it for me yet. I think I'm gonna give #PlayDauntless a try. It seems to be a return to root.

I absically wanted MHFU with World graphics, not this uncharted cinematic bullshit

Have you tried MHFU for iOS? You should, it has better graphics.

Stop responding

how i can no understrand english if i am talking to you?!?!
yes, touch controls are casual

>anti MHW autist
>dauntless
I started MH from MHF1 and I think you're retarded and just shitposting.

Have you pondered the possibility of another 7 years of FU considering MHW is not literally Uncharted?

>doesn't even know what the subject of the discussion he's shitposting in is about
>has no arguments left so he can only shitpost

*now literally Uncharted

can you pls talk without insults?
but it is, too much focus on stuff other than fighting the monster with your weapon, it's not like FU at all. when will we get a classic mh game on ps4 or vita?
same goes for you, pls talk nice?

On the contrary, touch controls is more hardcore.

>gets BTFO
>p-pls n-no bully
Just admit you're too poor to buy a modern day console/pc. If you're a real MH fan, you'll be buying any MH game.

>seregios longsword
It wouldn't happen to be this guy, would it?

youtube.com/watch?v=NndcJ7jXzb8

Just make sure you search for MH4G, not MH4U, and chuck the japanese weapon name in.