What's the stupidest reason that you've been pulled over/given a ticket for?

What's the stupidest reason that you've been pulled over/given a ticket for?

>ticket for screaming in a vehcile
I know this pic is fake ,but please tell me that law is fake too

Haven't ever gotten a ticket. Last time I got close was when I was driving about 25 over and the cop just flashed his lights at me.

I got one ticket in my life and that was for going a bit over the speed limit. The stupid part of it was that the spot is well known in town for mobile cameras.

only ticket I ever received was for rolling through a 4 way stop on an empty country road at 1 am

my digital speedo said I was at 0 mph before I launched too

what cops poach people at empty country intersections at 1am wtf

Small towns.
The town I work in is notorious for bullshit tickets. 70% of their revenue is from traffic citations - one of the highest in the country.

There's only like 5000 people that live there, but ~30,000 that drive in from the surrounding area for work.

>getting mad when cops do their jobs
lol

>doing 20mph in a 20mph school zone
>get ticket
>cites "hindering the flow of traffic" as reason
>cop was the one behind me
>mfw ticket dismissed

It's real. Happened in Quebec Canada. Law is real too. But it's one of those that calls for officer discretion.

>but please tell me that law is fake too
You might be singing, but to other drivers, it could look like you are road rage shouting at them. Demonstrations of road rage are actually technically illegal here. I say technically because the police don't enforce many ridiculously over-sensitive parts of the law that exists because special interest groups managed to get legislators to pass the laws.

But that doesn't mean if several DIFFERENT motorists call 911 to report a road rager, you don't get in trouble for singing in your car. Any road rage threat (like any reported crime) gains a lot of credibility when multiple un-related motorists call 911 within minutes of each other to report the same car (yours) doing a road rage demonstration. Since having multiple reports makes it credible, the police now start to look for your car. When they catch up to you, their minds are already pre-disposed to thinking you are a road rager and they see you shouting into the air like some lunatic. Now you get a ticket for road rage demonstration.

Remember, you can be cited for road rage behaviour without ever actually causing harm to anyone or even forcing them off the road. Demonstrations of road rage that make other motorists fear you is also illegal.

>The town I work in is notorious for bullshit tickets.
Apparently you sympathize with those who get cited for car related crimes such as speeding, turning right at a traffic light marked "no right on red", or breaking a car window to see what's inside (car prowling de-criminalized in some liberal areas as criminalizing it becames a racism matter).

Blowing a stop sign. Only issue is, there was a panel van to my left, so the cop couldn't have even been able to see if I stopped or not. Which I did, the white Chargers with black grilles aren't exactly incognito, I knew the fucker was there. I got out of it by saying I had a cop uncle, so he gave me his number and I had my uncle call him and it got shredded. A year later, the same guy actually helped me out when I ran out of gas on the roadside. He remembered me.

that cop should lose his job

>Remember, you can be cited for road rage behavior without ever actually causing harm to anyone or even forcing them off the road. Demonstrations of road rage that make other motorists fear you is also illegal.

what the fuck

I got pulled over for running though a yellow. Cop asked me if I knew why he stopped me and I told him going through the yellow was the only thing that I could think of, but that it wasn't illegal. His reply:

>I wasn't paying attention, I just wanted to see what you'd say. I guess you can be on your way then.

you from texas?

Not stupid but got a 90 in a 65 ticket this weekend. Was coming down a steep hill and of course the copper was camping out. First speeding ticket in 6 years of driving. Just fuck my shit up.

Their "job" is to catch thieves, murderers, rapists, etc. not harass people like a bunch of road pirates.

Got a speeding ticket for driving, get this, 63 kmh in 60 kmh area. When I asked him about %5 tolerance he told that new devices are too precise or some shit like that. Then he pulled out this recycled toilet paper tier notepad and wrote me a ticket. Fucking faggot. Location is slavistan btw.
And in the same week I get buttfucked by parking service (even tho I did everything to the T and extended my ticket and even got back confirmation sms, somehow I fucked up in their eyes) and then bus ticket (again screwed on the last day of month)

Btw does anyone flash to incoming drivers if you pass police (to warn them)? Friend told I shouldn't be doing this, but he doesn't know shit.

>park in train station lot
>permit still good for another two months
>go on train ride
>come back 5 hours later
>ticket for not having the permit on when I have the receipt and the sticker is still valid
>dumbfuck Code Enforcement officer probably thought that it was never on because I put it high up (near the top of the window)
>go to Village Hall
>show them the receipt with the ticket
>they throw the ticket out

I put the sticker for this year at eye level (near the bottom of the window) but all the lots I actually want to use are always full.

Got pulled over for 37 in a 35. I was accelerating normally away from a light that just turned green, nothing crazy just grabbing gears at a leisurely pace. The intersection is in a 35 zone but shortly after the intersection it turns into a 45 zone. Butthole cop pulled me over for this bullshit literally as I entered the 45 zone, I was dumbfounded when he basically said I accelerated too fast within the 35 zone. Keep in mind the 45 zone starts about twenty car lengths from the intersection. So yeah, 2 over in a 35 zone, no ticket thankfully he just bitched at me then left.

I think in some areas flashing your high beams is illegal but probably not enforced very much. I've mostly stopped either way because dumb ass modern drivers don't fucking know what it means and take offense to it. Only time I do it is at night because so many dumb fucks don't turn off their high beams for oncoming traffic.

Where I live at least 70%+ drivers get the meaning, and slow down. I do just a quick 2 flicks few times for a 1 km or so.

I live in USA, so many shit drivers here. It's a vicious cycle of bad drivers teaching their kids to drive who end up being even worse drivers, repeat to infinity.

>sell shitbox buick
>driving to work in mint Mark VII
>asshole runs a red light, I T-Bone said asshole
>he takes off, going at least 50 in a 30
>I pull to the side
>cop comes from direction dude flew away in
>asks for my papers
>all of my papers and shit from buick were in the passenger seat and flew everywhere when i hit the other car
>cant find insurance
>cop writes ticket for no insurance
>on my way to court a few days later to show proof of insurance
>pulled over and written a ticket for driving on a suspended licence (insta suspension after "No insurance" ticket)
>claim to get car fixed denied by insurance provider
>"We don't know if the other person had insurance or not, so you're out of luck"

How about instead of funding police departments and towns via ticket collection which only incentivizes the police to give out more tickets for minor offenses we instead give 100% of the money from ticket collections to some third party like a charity with no influence over the police. Police can get their revenue from taxes just like every other government body and no maybe they'll actually spend their time chasing legitimately dangerous drivers rather than extorting someone going 2mph over the speed limit out of $200.

>driving gutted, loud, red 944 track day car home from work
>need to turn right from a parking lot onto busy 3 lane road (just a yield sign, no stop sign or light
>put on my turn signal, saw a gap, and so I took off normally, stopped accelerating once i was at the speed limit (35mph)
>turns out an unmarked cop car was in the leftmost lane, i see him speed up, flip his lights on and cut off 2 people to get behind me in my mirror
>immediately pull into the next parking lot, wondering what he's doing
>he drives up and parks beside me, I lower my window, he lowers his passenger window
>"I better not see you do that again, alright?"
>I was about to say "do what?" but he just immediately drove off
>mfw

Nah, it just annoys me that I have two tickets for going 51 in a 50.
I don't have a digital speedo, so it's kinda hard to tell the difference between 50 and 51.

Speed cops should be gassed.

That's how mass shooters are created.

The concept of speed limits itself is retardet, a Miat can get a corner significantly faster than a Truck.
Just warn people if there is something dangerous ahead...

Highway patrol noticed I was swerving out of my lane a little and driving slow and when they pulled me over, your mom was still trying to swallow the rest of my semen

>worked at american eagle
>got off work at like 4 or 5am, we stayed overnight to re-do the store for the new season
>co-worker got to his car first (mustang gt) and starts laying rubber leaving the parking garage
>want to do peels too, go to my 240sx coupe and start sliding around turns
>get to bottom of garage and go to turn left, see co-worker smashed into curb and police lights to my right
>whistle as i pull away and make a quick right but get caught at a light
>see lights pulling up behind me
>cop asks if im on dope or dog food
>wut
>end up getting ticket for excessive noise from peeling tires
>wut
>go to court, gets thrown out

I got bopped on the only 100 percent legal inspected registered and insured bike I've ever owned.

As the cop walked up he said "oh, it is inspected" and claimed the yellow sticker looked green.

Bullshit, but no bad came of it. I've had like 10 bikes, I never get em inspected

>headed to my home town to visit my mom before traveling overseas
>cotton country in south texas
>passing through taft, population 10
>knew full well when I got there that the cops were going to single me out because of my car
>miatafag in a sea of pickups
>see an old ass, rusted out pickup chugging down the road
>it's just the truck, me, and a cop car some distance back
>signal both times while moving to over take him
>cop immediately flips on his lights and pulls me over
>claimed I didn't let my indicator blink enough times
>gave me a warning and told me to be more considerate
>mfw

Fucking bullshit nigger

>get a measly ticket for doing 146km/h on a road only built to be safely and ergonomically taken at no more 100km/h
>cop should be gassed

People like you are the reason our roads are so dangerous

>on a road only built to be safely and ergonomically taken at no more 100km/h
That is the issue: there are almost straight highways with 6 fucking lanes that have insanely low speed limits and continue to be a 4 lane highway with sharper corners and no speed limit.

Didn't get a ticket, but this is the most bullshit thing cops have ever done to me.

>pull onto country road from residential street
>apparently there is a bicycle race today
>going to turn left at top of hill when a race coordinator tells me to stop
>he tells me to go down the hill with bikes in front and behind me
>I move to oncoming lane because cars are stopped at bottom of hill and I don't want to fuck up the race
>dickweed cop tells cars to go and makes me stop at bottom of the hill even though I got back in my lane
>"hurr what the hell do you think you're doing how do you think they feel"
>I wasn't even 18 and this cop is bitching at me for doing something perfectly logical given the situation

Why do they think being a cop gives them a license to be a cunt even when they're wrong?

I got pulled over the other day.
Turns out I left my coffee on top on my car.

>Btw does anyone flash to incoming drivers if you pass police (to warn them)? Friend told I shouldn't be doing this, but he doesn't know shit.
I've heard faint rumors of people being pulled over for doing this, but nothing substantial. You could always tell the judge that flashing lights is a form of freedom of speech/expression and shall not be infringed.

If you can't withstand a little high-beam flash for half of a second, then you shouldn't be driving anyway.

Even if I don't see a cop, I like the little wakeup.

No? Why the fuck would I do this? If you are up to no good you should get reamed by the courts.Shitty drivers kill people. If I see fucks hooning and shit I actually tell the police exactly where they are.

Doing God's work user

Fucking this

>No joke 6 fucking lanes, but undivided, visibility is always at least 500m
>55
>barely two lane road that has a blind hill, a blind turn, or some combination of the two every 100 meters
>also 55

But yeah, they carefully calculated the speed limit for every single road, have no ulterior motives, and have never once made a mistake, that is always the speed you should drive and doing otherwise is abhorrent, remember, the government always knows better than you.

By the way if you tried to actually do 55 down the second road I mentioned your first time around, you would drop off a hill into the oncoming lane at least twice, the only reason there aren't a shitload of fatalities is because the only hard blind left has a field to the right of the road, which I guess makes the local tow company good money judging by all the the tire marks.

>Btw does anyone flash to incoming drivers if you pass police (to warn them)?
We use a thing called Waze now.

Seriously I can't express how many times I just go for a nice cruise at night and some dickbreath coming flying up to the rear of the car flashing his high beams and pulling to my window and like "WANNA RACE BRO 30MPG PULL BRO LETS DO IT" LETS GO". Fuck them....my insurance is through the roof because assholes can afford fast cars and end up parking them around a tree

I have a road nearby that has a speed limit of 60 km/h.
The best I got was 50 while out cornering a fucking porsche and using both lanes.

>have dealership loaner car
>no front license plate in a state that requires it
>next morning, go to drive it back to the dealership
>stop for a left turn at a traffic signal
>see cop parked in an obvious spot, clearly could see that I don't have a front plate
>make turn, see cop follow with blues
>decide to pull into the gas station because I need to top off the gas task before returning, right?
>cop follows and pulls in behind
>get out and just start pumping gas anyway. figure cop's gonna go what a cop's gonna do
>he gets out and asks "you know that I'm pulling you over, right?"
>me: "yeah, what for?"
>"the front license plate, but I see that it's a dealer car"
>"yeah, I'm returning it right now"
>"ok. I'll just check that it's not stolen and you can be on your way"
>"okay"

Of course it wasn't stolen.

I feel bad for cops around here. There's so little crime, and new guys are probably so bored.

At no point did the person say that it was OK to flash high beams to help them if they were up to no good.

I've used waze a little mostly as a passenger and reporting cops, construction, road hazards, etc...

Usually the cop reports around where I live were wrong by the time we moved through the area.

This is a complete lie. There would never be a road built like this outside of the Isle of Man that wouldn't have an advisory cornering speed for a corner like that for liability reasons. If you wiped out exceeding that speed you would be totally in the wrong.

>I've used waze a little mostly as a passenger and reporting cops, construction, road hazards, etc...
>Usually the cop reports around where I live were wrong by the time we moved through the area.
I live in a big metro and they're pretty damn good here, but I don't speed in my shitty 2017 civic anyways...

I can take a picture in about 5 hours, that hairpin corner is impossible at 60 km/h, even for a sub 1000 kg Porsche on decent tires.

>I have never been to the midwest

I have plenty near me just like it, they don't bother to put any kind of signage on roads that aren't really used by non locals. Theres a paved road near me that I drive all the time that I don't even know the speed limit for because there's no sign for it.

I would argue that slow and inattentive women cause more accidents than people who drive fast.

Got pulled over for getting out of a cop's way.

>be in right lane pacing a car to the left of me a car lenght away
>wild crown vic flys up car's ass on the left
>no lights
>slow down a bit to let car get out of the way of the cop.
>car slow down to and cop creeps.
>go back to speed limit thinking ill be the one to let him pass
>cop switchs lane is now on my ass
>alright ill let you pass
>speed up to 5 over
>lights and funky beats ensue
>pull over
>"hey you were goin a little fast there, whats the rush?"
>explain that i thoght he needed to pass so i sped up.
>"oh, id and insurance. sit tight"
>leaves and comes back after a few minutes.
>"alright user im going to let you go take it easy"
Wtf

>buy second gen MS3
>LITERALLY EVERYONE wants to race me ALL THE TIME

This is so fucking annoying. One faggot in an other-worldly riced first gen Neon harassed me for 5 straight minutes around town until I decided to take off in my bone stock car and embarrassed the fuck out of him. He finally left me alone after that

If there is no sign then that's the fault of your city for not providing appropriate signage for drivers. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen

I drive in the Midwest all the time. I've never seen something like that

Well if you haven't seen it I guess it doesn't exist then.

brb gonna go tell my friends that vaginas are a myth.

the guy they ticketed was some nigger though so no one gives a fuck

>If there is no sign then that's the fault of your city for not providing appropriate signage for drivers.
You can see that this corner is verry tight, most drivers are too scared to take it at 30...

how's that boot sole taste, faggot?

submitting to unnatural authority is the hallmark of a pleb, true patricians obey their own laws

>True patricians obey their own laws

literally throw yourself into a volcano

The way you worded that it could apply to either one of us user

>2017
>using the word "literally"

Like, I can't even

>W-well technically "you" can be used as a nonspecific pronoun so if one were to intentionally ignore context clues one could take it to be in reference to the general public

Using a grammatical loophole might not have been the best way to try and convince someone that you've had sex before, just for future reference.

>using an anime reaction picture
>not a virgin

pick one

Copy+pasting my greentext from an earlier thread
>1st day learning to drive manual in dad's V6 Challenger
>seem to be doing pretty well in the empty parking lot my dad took me to
>he has me drive him around for some errands
>leaving walmart and there's a really steep ass hill in front of a stoplight
>naturally the light turns red as I get there
>I'm in the left turn lane
>cop rolls up beside me in the straight lane
>"alright son, you'll be fine, just do like you were doing earlier"
>green arrow
>feel car rolling back and panic
>too much gas, dump clutch like the noob I was
>tires screech for a second
>cop lights the fuck up and pulls me over
>dad explains it's my first day driving manual
>cop doesn't buy it
>slaps me with "exhibition of speed"
>can't get it thrown out
>wind up paying the ticket

Yeah, the difference was that that was intentional, I just wanted to post this.

completely destroy his ego with your sick ride, better watch out user

>running in the 90s

definitely fake

kys

Wait for it...

following too close at a highway exit congestion.

on restricted licence
three passengers
half way though intersection light changes from orange to red
Police see this and pull me over
he gives a choice fine for driving though red light (unprovable)
or charge with having passengers overwhelming evidence
or get charged with both
I just took the red light charge and split cost with passengers

>paying taxes for this sort of legal system
I know this doesn't actually happen to anyone but I also hope Americans realize how stupid this makes them look.

speeding.

Too many passengers. 3 of 8 seats were full. Was a minor, which made it a ticketable offense because they weren’t family members.

>car prowling de-criminalized in some liberal areas
San Francisco?

just assume your speedo is upto + or - 10% accurate
lo in hi
45 50 55
67 75 82
can be checked using gps
also some digital bicycle speedos go up to 120 mph most stop at 60 mph
they see use on motor cycles and pre 1920s vintage cars
all it needs is a magnet and info on the tires circumference in mm

Got a $500 ticket for "not driving with proper license class".

When I got my full motorcycle license I asked if it was good for cars too and the guy said "yeah it's good for both, have fun!".

Turns out I drove cars for over 100000 miles before this one cop noticed I "had no license". I had gotten in accidents (not at fault), speeding tickets etc all without having the license to drive a car.

This is a complete fucking meme. The only reason your speedometer should be out at all is if you're using drastically differently sized tires and haven't adjusted it. All 15 cars of various years and condition I've driven have been exact with the radar display sign at the end of my street. If you're doing 1mph over for any reason it's your own fault

Fellow burger and I concur, when I was 16 flash to pass almost always worked. Now I have to try that,, get close and then back away so it doesn't seem aggressive or dangerous, and then if they still don't move I have to pass on the right

Improper passing

>late night, coming home from college
>behind two people, speed limit is 40
>people in front of me going between 25 and 30mph
>yellow line breaks
>put on directionals, speed up to pass, pass both of them and see blue lights immediately turn on

Officer didn't ticket me but told me I was "improperly passing". I thought it meant you can't pass more than one person at a time, but later learned that's not true at all cuz you can

Back to /pol/ you racist shitstick.

Got a ticket because my bumper was over the white line at a stop sign and another since i didn't have my license at the time. Still remember the officer's name was Michael Brown. Guess he needed to get that quota

>Exited "too fast" from a roundabout at 4 in the morning with not a single soul around.

But to be honest they just tried to find something wrong with my car and failed. Guess what faggots the car was a month old so completely spotless.

They did waste an hour of my life tho...

>Busy two lane road that has a 90kph limit got a temporary 70kph limit because they were repainting the middle line
>One lane twisty back road is a at 90kph by default

>parked on street
>just got in car and turned it on
>turn lights on
>they were in high beam so quickly flick them back to low beam
>cops way up the street come fucking screaming down the street
>pull up alongside
>"why'd you high beam me?"

Fucking retards they let into the academy these days.

I got pulled over once for doing literally nothing.
>driving along normally, doing nothing illegal
>cop gets behind me and turns on lights
>try to find a place to pull over, impossible
>keep driving along for half a minute, finally find a place to pull over
>cop comes up to my window and starts bitching at me for not pulling over, threatens 500€ ticket
>explain to him there wasn't a good place to stop, he wants to have none of it
>checks all of the paperwork and my license, everything in order
>Bitches at me again and says how he could have written me a ticket before leaving without even a warning
I still don't know why I got pulled over, I should have asked

Heh, that reminds me that the most watched case in my country right now is two police fags going all "we will fucking shoot you! you fucker!" after a random citizen high beamed them for doing an obvious fuckup in mid-day traffic while they were undercover.

He left because that faggot knew that the case wouldn't stand at court. You did good user but I hope you have a cam in your car now and also record everything on your phone.
Remember you never know when will be the next time a corrupted cop stops you.

t. nignog

Had exactly that happen to me last year, thankfully they fucked off after five minutes.

>happens in Canada
>law is Canadian

LAWL stoopid amerifats BTFO

Did you Dagumi it?

>You complained about X, so you must support Y

Yeah, fuck off.

We don't like you folks around here.

If you're actually getting a ticket for 1 MPH over, the cop must truly have the impression that you are a douche. This can be for many reasons and only you and the cop will ever know for sure.

If you get pulled over, you only job is to make sure that the cop is at ease, doesn't feel threatened, and has a pleasant experience. Be respectful and honest, and be dressed like a normal person. If it is dark outside, turn on your interior light so he can see what is in your car as he walks up. You'll hardly ever get a ticket that way. Politeness goes a very, very long way.

He was fishing for drugs and wanted to take a look at you. I've been pulled over for being in the left lane too long on a 4-lane road, for the same reason.

>leave airport terminal where I work at 12:30 am
>Quickly get up to speed limit on straight piped sport bike
>10sec later see a Ford explorer fly up and sit right behind me
>Know I'm getting pulled over before he even turned on the lights
>Don't get a ticket, but he lectures me about going too fast
>Talks about how he rides too
>Asks about my CC cause when he runs my license it says I have one
>Asks if I'm carrying
>I am
>Says to leave it where it is
>Yessir
Turned out pretty well