/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

get some rest, you'll feel better in the morning edition

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/MVtQs2Pm

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3FSzgEIcA
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/15816413/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Beware of Dog

but dps in ffxiv is literally a math simulator. you count wether or not the dot is worth it, you count when you get your cds back, you count when your next gcds will land, what will be happening, and how long you need to disengage. you count whats worth doing where strictly based on the upcoming mechanics. you count what youre going to be doing when trick attack is coming up, and you count when youll get max uptime on the boss during your strong cds.

you count EVERYTHING as a dps in this game. if Chaos Thrust wont tick for X amount of time, you dont do it. if you wont finish your full thrust combo, you do impulse drive. if thunder wont tick for its full duration, dont press it. if you cant get all 6 fire 4s, dont use blizzard 4. if you know theres heavy movement coming up, prepare thundercloud/firestarter and hold on to triple cast, time your teleport so you lose the least amount of gcds. dps in this game is all small number crunching in various situations. also is probably right besides the typo. the crazier you let your autism go, the better your dps will be.

This do needs to be spayed for everyones safety

>wow players
youtube.com/watch?v=Ni3FSzgEIcA

I didnt say the numbers dont matter. I said that parsers are not necessary. If you cant tell whos doing shit dps then you arent very good at paying attention to a fight

no

someone help this cat not be depressed please

same

I remember seeing that and laughing my ass off at his real life actual "REEEEEE."

put it out of its misery

>I said that parsers are not necessary. If you cant tell whos doing shit dps then you arent very good at paying attention to a fight

yeah im gonna watch their hotbar while im busying optimising myself, when i can get a program that straight up tells me exactly what they do and when. sure. that makes sense.

no, pet it out of its misery

I forgot about the real manbaby "myeh I deserved that mount, man! :(" sobbing lmfao.

>Give me the mount or i'll never stream again
>I'm the streamer dood
What a cunt.

Are there any NIN weapons that look like kunai?

Idk man, i just feel like youre turning something thats supposed to be fun into work. I guess everyone has their own style. But for future reference you should know tgere are a looot of quality players who do good work and dont give a shit about specific numbers. I can feel when im doing good, and i can see without looking at my party list when someone is being retarded just by the animations. Ive got 270 days of playtime betweem 3 characters and almost every job.

At the end of the day again all im saying is they arent necessary to be good at the game.

I mean I've been top DPS in a few lakshmi and susanoo farms despite being 2nd or worse in hate because of elusive jump and diversion, it's not like you can actually tell who is doing good without a parser

Which class been fucked around with the least? Is it PLD?

Seems like every other class seems to get nerfed at some point and made un-fun by the devs yet PLD has been consistently "ok". It actually seems to be the top tank right now.

It is if you know how theyre job is supposed to be played

You really gonna pay attention to every positional and see if a melee is hitting it? Are you going to notice when HT falls off for 3 seconds?

>"My entire life is shit, dude! I'm literally getting cucked left and right, dude."
>LIT-RELLY BEING KEKED
>"Am I crying? No, I'm not crying. Not that much."

Oh my fucking God.

I kinda want to play DRK
But when I tried in HW I got confused
Did they fix this in SB

>mfw listening to this shit

it's 2.x PLD levels of simple now

4 hour long wait queues prevent me from doing so.

Why is yotsuyu so much prettier than any PC hyur? Does she have specially made textures and features?

She isn't

Idk when ht drops for a second but you can twll when someone is bad enough that its affecting the fight

And if youre doing top tier engame content with randoms who you need numbers to confirm then you need more friends

I love it when autists rage so hard over something like a video game that's meant to be a leisure experience. I'm borderline casual and don't really give a shit about parses or mounts, but the shitstorms that are whipped up over the smallest things send my sides into orbit.

You must be one of those face 5 wenches if you can't agree that Yotsuyu is objectively better than you. Stay mad.

>the REEEEEEEEEEE at 2:20

>idk when I can tell that their being bad but I can tell when their being bad

Just stop posting user.

do i still need to do level 15 in conj to become a paladin

I'm a Highlander

Wew so even uglier

No.

I mean sure but parsers are great because people like to see personal progression. When I raided in alex I would parse and post numbers for my whole group even though I didn't post to fflogs (well I did just unlisted) just so people could see if they did good or not.

Otherwise there is no way a decent player can really see if they are improving or not. A run can "Feel good" but maybe you forgot about how you fat fingered halfway through the fight and lost ~50 dps because of it.

>your barbie dress-up doll is uglier than mine/mai waifu

You're goddamned right it is

I find it so obnoxious when people say shit like "Parsers shouldn't allowed in ff14". During the first few days when ACT wasn't working I was spending every dungeon just wondering if I was doing good damage or if it was shit with no way to know.

You get a feel for damage doing your roatations, dipsshit. If you knew your classpre SB you would know how to play it during SB.

I wish I could have learned Samurai pre SB :'(

tfw lonely

I'm level 17 and want to try tanking. I'm scared of getting bullied for sucking though what do I do ;w;

Queue for sastasha, you'll be fine.

Me too bud.

Am I the only one that's getting real tired of seeing this same question every thread?

I'll be your friend user.

Just do it user, as long as you watch aggro and use cooldowns and further down the line memorizing tank busters/swaps you'll be fine.

I need to do copperbell mines for the quest but it sounds hard!

>tank
>bullied
Tank IS the bull, user

post selfies

Stop being a baby and do it, faggot.

why

I'm so sorry tofu

Server?

why are you lonely

not you, paks

no

Okay.

I'm bored enough for that.

does it bother you when people call you paks

tfw unironically like this tank set

ok

yes, a lot

How is the fashion potential in this game compared to WoW and GW2? I'm low level and the gear is looking kinda nice so far for me

>you will never take hunting so seriously that you use food for them

Have an old one.

gf left me

name/server?

I'm glad they brought back the subligar of shame so we can once again go from badass to stripper in just 1 level

Oh it's sol

Thanks Abe

Fashion is 90% of this game

The whole point in progressing is to get more gear options for glamour

Why the fuck is selling houses for bullshit high prices a thing
Anyone who condones this should kill themselves on the spot.

Not as many gear slots as WoW but way prettier gear, plus most of it is dyeable. Doesn't even come close to GW2 IMO but I'm also into the kinda edgelord stuff most people here would cry "cringe" at. FFXIV does have a lot of really nice gear designs though and a lot more casual type stuff.

I'm going to marry a Lalafell!

>you will never be as liked as Empress Quistis

Monoe Mittrix/Ultros

time for a man post

what is the least played subrace gender combo for snowflake points

As some one who just joined this game and boosted.

Why are all the Empire dudes humans? Why is my side a big clusterfuck of diversity?

>Why are all the Empire dudes humans? Why is my side a big clusterfuck of diversity?
Do you really need an answer to that question?

There are imperial soldiers of all races, one of Gaius' right hand men is a roe for fuck's sake.
That said, the natives of Garlemald (the proper garleans) look like humans.

You people do realize it's probably an act right?
I don't have any doubt there's someone somewhere acting like this for real, but this dude is making a show out of it, multiple times

>You people do realize it's probably an act right?
Stop shattering my fantasy with your reality!
RRRRRREEEEEEE

Is PvP still the best way to level once you have a class capped?

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/15816413/

Is this a snipe so they can never return, or just their own placeholder?

Unless you're a healer or a tank and have instant dungeon queues than yes.

Literally who

>wind up Khloe
I need it

literally who

Let's say I'm an au ra female and want to tank
I know au ra female tanks look retarded but which tank job with them looks the least retarded?

Give me lalas to platonically orbit right now!