8 L W16

>8 L W16
>4 Turbo Chargers
>1000 hp

There's small block Chevys that make more than that, are you Euros even trying?

wtf is this shit, 8 years ago?

Chiron uses the same engine

Cool thread

See, this can be comfortably driven, with cruise control and AC, down the highway without having to hold on for dear life because the car wants to yank itself into the median.

It also still has it's full interior, no roll cage to try to climb around, doesn't require VP fuel AND IT HAS CUP HOLDERS. They are fully functioning cup holders, I might add.

Just ignore the 1.7million dollar price tag and your argument will surely become invalid.

Meh. Add 200lbs of sound deadening and a fancy interior to a twin turbo corvette and you got the same thing. Modern big HP cars are fully streetable and reliable.

That much money gets you a pilots licence and a plane that puts the Chirons top speed to shame.

Chiron sounds better than any V8 ever, so at least it has that going for it.

Pfffff lol

vw is so pathetic holy shit

[citation needed]

theres spic made civics that make more then that

chiron sounds like a tractor

Why did you make this terrible thread?

>I like the buttclap exhaust note from the new Mercedes
Wew, brap poster spotted

Your opinion is wrong.

Inb4 2JZfag vs lsfags

What's wrong with the veyron? Sure you can put a 600 psi turbo on your sister's 1.8t and it'll make 1000hp too. The veyron is cool because it makes 1000 hp without sacrificing a lot of reliability like you would see from shoving a small office buildings worth of air into a small block V8.

Stop hatin

A Veyron takes almost 5 figures a year in maintenance. That's hardly reliably at that point. A homebuilt Texas mile car is more impressive imo and still reliable and cheaper to run.

It's almost like it's not a car for poor people.

>5 figures a year
Most people who own supercars don't daily with them. How many miles do you think it takes to rebuild a Veyron?

Well considering a $100k VW shits the bed after a few years, Extrapolate and imagine what a $1.2m VW is like. There's your 5 figures. Even if you're an Arab idling around London with a bunch of autists following you that shit is still costing you hundreds of dollars. You needs to replace all 4 tires after a top speed run which is like $40k alone.

>ALL small block Chevys make more than that

FTFY. Just like all 2JZs make 3,000hp reliably and ergonomically

Not all VWs are bad. My Audi Quattro has 196,000 miles on it and I've only replaced wheel bearings and CV joints, and the intake camshaft.

It's really starting to seem like the LS is losing meme status and only dipshit ricers care about 2Js anymore. Everyone tried memeing Barra swaps into becoming a trend but it never caught on

Veyron AND Chiron go both over 250 mph, where is your Chevys at this speed ?
>KEK

Don't know about chevy but VAG is still playing catchup to a lincoln navigator engine.

i imagine its not particulary highly strung
in comparison to the chevy engine which will need a rebuild after 6 months

if the cost in maintenance on the Veyron is higher than the cost of an entire engine rebuild than id rather just rebuild the engine when i have to.

ITT poor people

>ALL small block Chevys
>All
Go and finish your English homework, maybe you'll learn to read properly

>a wild bench racer appears

Honestly besides the headlights the Chrion looks pretty fucking good

how many hundred of this series model have been manufactured ?

Lotus is not American

Bugatti Chiron

>Hand assembled in a French Studio
>Incomparable racing heritage
>16 Cylinders
>4wd
>Maintenance performed in an atelier, by machinist-poets
>1000hp +, Not overstrung due to cutting edge design.
>Fantastic visual elegance, a design icon.
>Chassis tuned for continental grand touring.
>can turn
>can brake

Jim-Bob's Drag Car

>Cobbled together by the cast of Deliverance
>Can't turn
>Can't brake
>maintenance costs more than the car
>Needs a "Prepped" surface to perform
>Needs drag slicks to perform
>2wd
>8 Cylinders
>Overstrung as fuck, (if a 300hp I4 is "overstrung" so is a 1,500hp 8 cylinder)
>usually slathered in airbrushed eagles and racist iconography
>raped by a lightly tuned Tesla in the 1\8th or in the wet

While conforming to production car noise and emissions levels and displaying basic reliability, unlike your straight piped backyard built hoon machine.

>for the price of [insert uber expensive car] you could have a house or something else

Gotta love this logic; these cars are not for you, these cars are for oil money playboys or industry tycoons, they already have villas, jets, yachts, cars, art pieces and obscene amonts of money. Trying to rationalize these cars is useless because people who buy them don't share the cost-oriented mindset of someone who wants a nice bimmer but worries maintenance would ruin him.

Sure you can stuff a million HP in your Chevy V8...so what? Does it have the heritage, the prestige the Veyron has? No it doesn't. Oh it's cheaper, yeah but at that level that doesn't matter, what matter is prestige and luxury.

The problem with this argument is that it's always made by people who don't have the mental capacity to put themselves in other people's shoes.

Someone who can actually afford a Bugatti is 1) Too busy making money and fucking bitches to be covered in grease and oil attempting to rebuild their V8 every 6 months and 2) rich enough that they probably earn the yearly maintenance cost of a Bugatti off one week's worth of yields from their investments. The same thing goes for all these hyper-expensive cars really; LaFerrari, 918, P1, Koenigseggs, Paganis etc. You think the owners of these cars are actually wrenching on them? "Building", tuning, in general upgrading and maintaining your own cars is at best a middle-class phenomenon. There are a few exceptions that confirm the rule, of course, but by and large that is the case.

Also, these cars are about image. Your supposedly Veyron-beating V8 shitbox is still just that to the vast majority of people, a shitbox. Non-car people will probably just think that your exhaust fell off and that's why it's loud.

Its not a Louts, its a Venom GT. Its based on a Lotus body though.

It's registered as a Lotus and they built like 15 of them before people realized how shit they were.

are US manufacturer so bad that they can't build a complete car from the beginning ?

They couldn't build any of it. It's all built in the UK.

That's a fucking retarded argument. What fucking prestige does the company have that isn't overinflated and manufactured by VAG? Bugatti as a brand was ded until the Veyron began development. They were run out of business by better brands that outperformed them in every way.

Keep in mind, Chevy, Ford, and Dodge all exist in the same capacity as their original foundation. Bugatti is a boutique one off shop for the most scandalous manufacturer in the industry.

See >The problem with this argument is that it's always made by people who don't have the mental capacity to put themselves in other people's shoes.

You aren't the objective judge of what is and isn't considered prestige by 7 billion people across the globe. Clearly there are a lot of people who see the Bugatti as an indication of success and wealth. The fact that you and a few other spergs are shitposting negatively about it on a Vietnamese t-shirt printing forum isn't going to change that. Try and understand that your logic of "You could go as fast for less" doesn't appeal, or matter, to the people who buy these cars.

even if it is an American design it is registered as a lotus AND built in the UK. google that shit. built by a company in Silverstone. MUH FREEDOMS

But I don't want a Veyron
I really don't
I never cared for supercars

Uh, 4000+ Ford GTs?
Ford GT has a ton of Prestige and doesn't depreciate unlike the Veyron.

>Uh, 4000+ Ford GTs?

>top speed: 205 mph

I don't remember people being autistic about the exact number of specific Radical SR8 LMs that lapped the ring that were built. all they cared about is if they could compare it to the Viper ACR and they did.