Chevy Cruze

So I've been driving a rental 2017 Chevy Cruze. Wow the thing is not bad. Is American engineering back?

kys shill.

no but the jew shilling is stronger then ever

desu senpai chevy is bretty gud

sonic is solid af

I actually liked it better than a corolla, solid 40mpg too.

You know american brands are garbage correct?

the cruze is manufactured in korea, last i checked. not american at all

>sonic is solid af

yea, if you are poor and have 0 standard..

Are you black living in Section 8 housing?

>I've been driving a rental 2017 Chevy Cruze. Wow the thing is not bad.
It's actually a decently made car.
And the price for new ones is fairly good too as it doesn't have a meme markup tax.

oh well, going to be returning this rental today, i don't under the complainers in this thread.

Import shills detected

GM Minion here. I work at a Chevy dealership and I can say that we have been seeing a lot of Malibu's and Cruze's from 2016 with misfire codes. Ends up either requiring new pistons or new engine. Granted these are mostly rental cars because they've reached 40k miles rather quickly, we have had customer cars come in with the same issues, one belonging to one of our parts guys. We haven't seen a 2017 yet, but we don't think any have reached that mileage yet.
>TL;DR 16's aren't worth it, 17's are unknown.

Actually Cruze's and Sonic's made for sale in North America are built in the U.S./Mexico plants. The only vehicles that are imported from outside NA are out Spark's and was was the remaining SS/Caprice sedans. Though I do believe Daewoo ultimately designs the smaller vehicles in our line up.

>import shills detected
Or just calling it as they are it. Cruze's still feel cheap no matter the trim package. The new 1.4/1.5 hasn't proven to be the best engine choice either.

American Engineering never left, but that thing you posted is Korean-designed.

I doubt it, considering it was Daewoo that designed the Cruze.

>we have been seeing a lot of Malibu's and Cruze's from 2016 with misfire codes
What are symptoms of that? Is it like when starting to accelerate from a stop, the car suddenly jerks?

Need a cheap car solely for work commute. Used Spark, Sonic or Cruze? I have no standards -- just want cheap, mpg and reliable for 2 years

06 -13 impala with the 4 banger. Will last forever unlike those turds.

Not 4 banger. The 3.5 V6

PROTIP: basically all news cars (not made by Mitsubishi or the Chinese) are pretty damn good these days, regardless of pricepoint

The vehicles are always towed in. They either run poorly or not at all. We thought we had it down to predetination causing the pistons to crack. There was a recall earlier this year in 2016 Malibu's with 1.5L engines that required an oil change and and a reprogram of the ECM to help prevent it. There was a note to use only use Dexos 2 oil, which is full synthetic. Every car that has come in appears to have had oil changes outside of a GM dealership, easiest give away is a non-ACDelco filter. I'm not sure what makes Dexos oils different from generic oils, but it's apparently a special formula designed for our engines. Any fluid with a "Dex" prefix is like that for all GM vehicles (i.e Dexcool being coolant). I'd recommend putting Dexos oil in your car if you have a GM vehicle. Most big brands that I've seen have it. In not sure who makes our Dexos, but our higher performance cars require Mobil 1 so I would suggest buying their brand Dexos to be safe.
>TL;DR, Dont know actual cause, might have to do with oil, use Dexos

If looking used, I would suggest the 1st Cruze. 1.4L option in those is a completely different engine from out current 1.4L. Along with the 1.4L Turbo the 1st gens were also optioned with a 1.8L N/A, and had a diesel model as well. Unsure of the diesel model, the 1.4 and 1.8 engines use a timing belt which I'm not the biggest fan of. I'm also not the biggest fan of 1st gen Sparks because they feel like I'm driving a tin can, and the Spark's, although sharing engine options with the Cruze, feel underpowered. The current model Spark does feel a bit more of a solid vehicle but is very much still a city vehicle. Also feel the current Sonic is underpowered.
>TL;DR, Get a 1st gen Cruze, pretty decent overall, don't timing belt, also available in diesel.

There are actually 4 different possible V6's and a V8
>3500 Series (3.5L)
>3.6L
>3rd Gen 3800 Series (3.8L)
>3900 Series (3.9L)
>LS4 (5.3L V8 in SS models)

Thank you for the info. I was worried since I have a malibu 2016 limited with the 2.5L engine. Occasionally it balks when slowly accelerating from a full stop or if very slowly moving up a hill I then apply the accelerator a small amount. The key thing to causing the jerk is being gradual on the accelerator. If I stomp the accelerator, it doesn't jerk but of course the rpm goes way up which makes my fuel mileage suck. That's why I gradually applied the accelerator to begin with.

The other annoying thing is occasionally the car LAN (or whatever it is called) locks up and won't accept commands until it resets itself after a while. The music or radio might shut down and pressing the on/off button doesn't do anything - it is ignored. Or the music locks up when using USB and the same sound in memory plays over and over and over again in a loop. Pressing the on/off button for the radio does nothing nor does pressing buttons on the steering wheel work. The touch screen is unresponsive. At times like this, I'm glad the electric door lock still has a physical override when I pull the physical door handle. I hate it when the car occasionally ignores my button pressing on the console, touch screen, dash, and steering wheel.

Hy Кpyз в Eвpoпeйcкoй зoнe cдaн нa oyтcopc Узбeкaм, coбиpaeтcя пo кaнoнaм Дэйвy - мoлoтoк и oтвepткa.

>You know american brands are garbage correct?
Even Japanese brands have many of their parts made in China.