>loud but street legal
>sounds good and not fart cannon
>with a shop install under $200
>must be a dual exhaust or atleast look like one

It's a 2001 Mustang V6
>inb4 get a V8
I got it for free and it's got low miles so I'm using it as a daily fuck off

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/21/friends-killed-carbon-monoxide-ford-fiesta-souped-up-improve/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Under 200 installed

Ain't fuken happening.

Alright will $300 Suffice?

>v6
>willing to spend $200
could get a v8 for $200 and an afternoon

>still talks about getting a V8 even though I explained it's my daily and I want to just run it into the ground and I already have a drag car for track days

>under $200
Drilling holes in your mufflers is about all you can fit into your budget, sorry

Will $300 suffice then?

No, the exhaust system alone is going to run $500 for a decent not-ebay-china tier option.

If you want to install it yourself, it can either go very smoothly or it can be a fucking pain in the dick (exhaust fasteners are absolutely notorious for being rusted/rounded off pieces of shit.)

What the fuck was the point of getting the v6 if you're gonna "run it into the ground" anyway? Honesty you sound like a massive faggot

are you talking $200 just for the installation? Exhaust is a good project which only takes a couple hours at most. buy your exhaust of choice from american muscle or whatever and install it yourself

Straight pipe after cats. Y-pipe into dual out the back. Shop around, should stay under $200. Made my V6 silverado sound amazing.

>wanting a loud car
>purposely making it louder

fuck off faggot

Buy any 200 dollar exhaust and diy.

Also what is considered street legal in one place is not in another.

>got it for free
Seriously before you make assumptions read the OP

Like said a good exhaust is going to cost you more than $200, more than $300 even. I don't know what the going rate these days for a shop mechanic or whatever is, probably something like $80-$100 an hour. If your old exhaust is fucked it could take a couple of hours to remove, so playing it safe you should estimate between $200-300 for installation and then whatever the price of your new exhaust is.

TL;DR: You can't buy an exhaust and have it installed by someone else for $200-300.

This is feasible if OP is able and willing to do the work himself, but as his OP stated; he wants someone else to do it. In that case, he'd need to buy a pre-fabbed exhaust.

However, you are correct, if OP looks around and pieces the exhaust together himself (which isn't THAT hard desu), then he could make it work for around $200. So OP has two options, save some money and do the work himself or spend the money to have someone else do it.

This. If you get a $200 exhaust system it's gonna be shit dude

>tfw 2014 V8 isn't loud enough
WHAT DO

>can't install a muffler himself
>claims to have a drag car
uh huh...

It's still retarded because you wouldn't put money into a car you're going to run into the ground

The drag car was my fathers before he gave it to me because he got to old for it fuck off

Kys underage faggot

>calls me underage
>has no viable proof of my age whatsoever and is therefore visibly distraught that I have a drag car and want to have a nice daily driver as well
Yes I'm the one who should kms

>2001 v6
>dual pipe

>2001 v6 mustang
>nice
>ever
Also I don't believe that you have a drag car. If you can't afford more than 200 bucks for a muffler and don't have the knowhow to install it yourself, what the fuck do you do when the "drag car" breaks? Bread on hood or kys

roush axle-back exhaust

Open headers

>can't comprehend what given to me by my father means
"What do you do when the "drag car" breaks?"
>my father helps me fix it but even he recommended I go to a shop for anything exhaust or fuel related as either can kill you if done incorrectly

Now please, sperg more

>exhaust can kill you

My 93 Ranger has the same engine your mustang does OP

>what is carbon monoxide poisoning

Oh nevermind, that was the generation after and it was the SOHC Cologone

That engine is still an absolute dog

>getting this assmad over a guy asking about a cheap way to make his exhaust sound better
Seriously dude you must not have anything better to do huh?

Plenty of local shops will install an exhaust for under 50 buckaroonis. (At least where I live) I had a catback done for $35 and the dude let me watch so I could learn.

But like everyone else said, a decent exhaust will cost much more than 200 alone. Even a Megan Racing, which is the cheapest "name brand" I know, will run at least 200 just for a catback system.

Trips confirm the story

You're fucking stupid.

Think what you'd like im just being safe so I don't die from an exhaust leak because I was too stubborn to let a professional do their job

Lets pretend for a second that you throw the headers in the garbage.
Do you think you're going to die from an exhaust leak?

>be user's dad
>assemble exhaust to flow into cab once
>acquire dain bramage
>take car to exhaust shop, tell son never to touch exhaust
That's how I'm picturing this went down.

>gets his cars given to him
>daddy has to take care of the maintenance of """his""" cars

If you're not underage you certainly have the mindset of one.

Remove your muffler manually.

>thinks you can feasibly fuck up enough on an exhaust job to where it would ever legitimately pose a risk to your health.
>thinks that an improperly installed exhaust somehow increases the amount of exhaust gases or makes them more dangerous

??????

God damn it OP you're fucking retarded. You're not being 'safe', you're being 100% ignorant. Full stop.

>Tom Putt, 20 and Nikki Willis, 23, were found dead in a Ford Fiesta ST last December.

>An inquest heard that Mr Putt, an engineering apprentice, had carried out a series of alterations to his car to improve its performance. He had removed the catalytic convertor from the exhaust.

>However, a gap between the exhaust and engine meant fumes were sucked into the car via its fresh air intakes, the inquest heard.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/21/friends-killed-carbon-monoxide-ford-fiesta-souped-up-improve/

>also can't grasp that he occasionally helps me fix the drag car when I can't figure out how to even though I stated it in the last few replies
>is still this assmad that my father is there for me to help me get into Motorsports
Again sperg more please and I also feel as though you have some sort of childhood trauma your trying to take out on me so here's my advice:
Call your father see how he's doing and try and hang out with him sometime in the near future and reconnect you'll be glad you did