300zx z32

whats Veeky Forumspinion on the z32?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WMVIDi-2_FQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think they look nice, and are pretty comfortable as a cruise car, but it takes a lot of work before it becomes a real beast. They're also a pain to work on

i recently got out of the 240 game and picked one up in real great shape under 100k so far it's been a great car.. did the oil change and that was fun.

If you have the knowlege and skill to pull the engine in 30 minutes and have all the neccessary engine bay deletes they're pretty fun to own. Even the non turbo engine is capable of 155 freedom units with breather mods and a chipped ECU. The being hard to work on meme gets old.

needs rb

why is that so much smaller than the v6?

Because, correct me if I'm wrong, but the V6 is 90°. Plus wire tuck

so not only does it sound better, it also fits better than the stock one? amazing
why didn't it come with it then?

+Great aerodynamics (Probably best bet for cheap car to go really fast in straight line)
+500hp on stock bottom
+Can go much much higher forged
+Probably one of most reliable 800++hp engines, with loads of parts to chose from
+Very stable at over 300kph
+Sounds like R35
+Huge boot
-Those damn leaky targa roofs
-Slicktops damn hard to find
-Seriously fuk targa
-Heavy, not great car for anything other than wangan top speed runs

aged horribly way too pigfat and the engine bay is a mess

One Friend owns a 280z, the other a 350z. I kinda want one, but at the same time I like owning my current vehicle.

And I do really like the 300zx, but at the same time. It's slower than what I own.

aged horribly how? agree with rest

it looks awful?

I dont know how else to say it they look extremely dated

I guess you think the 240z looks dated too then?

240Z actually looks good tho

pretty much all those late 80s and 90s big Japanese sports cars aged like shit

idk why but I hate the front end a lot. Never liked headlights in that style, even on a ferrari.

Confirmed never having seen one in person.

I don't really like the 300 but a clean, unriced/tastefully modded example looks really really good

needs a LS. Really says a lot about the shittyness of the stock engine when a engine with twice the displacement takes up less room.

Have fun enjoying working on the engine when it eventually breaks down

Ive seen plenty

they look horribly dated

>they look horribly dated
What does that even mean? lol

horribly old fashioned esl

its design doesnt look good to the modern eye

yknow same way this looked amazing 20 years ago but now looks like shit

Get rid of that duckbill, it's nasty.

But, you're wrong.

Nah, let's make the weight distribution better.

*Lamborghini, but they reminded me of saturns

The rb is worse than the vg in almost every metric, it’s just shilled more because it’s always had more aftermarket support because it’s cheaper
Fastest Nissan engine in the quarter is a vg (save the awd gtrs with bored and stroked vrs)

You can make 300kw (400hp) with an intake, 3” exhaust and an ecu reflash. That’s 15psi on the stock turbos and injectors

60 degrees. Vg weighs the same and is shorter so allows for a bigger radiator

love em

youtube.com/watch?v=WMVIDi-2_FQ

VG30DETT is a really underrated motor, just changing the tubing from the intercoolers nets you power gains. Boost controller, nistune ecu, intercooler piping, is a really good way to get close to 400+hp

it sounds almost retarded but these motors were choked up from the factory pretty well. Of course exhaust helps too
Changing 4 fucking cams is a bitch if you want to mod that power band but boy will you be making ponies. The glorious thing about these motors is that EVERYTHING is forged, so you can take them to 600whp before you start breaking shit. Even the single cam VG30s you could reach 500whp before needing to change the internals. There is one company in texas that is making a new intake system for the sinlge cam VG from the ground up, so the VG support is out there

>The rb is worse than the vg in almost every metric

yup the vg was going to go in Nissans new super car the MID4 II but that fell through

400hp is as easy as said

I’ve proven this in my flat mates z, in a quarter mile street race against a ford falcon boss 302 with 302kw from the factory, I pulled on him in every gear (with one passenger which balanced out the weight difference, and a slipping clutch)

that was proof enough that I was making at least 300 crank kw which is 400hp

My z is the same setup but with a front mount intercooler and a map conversion so should be even faster

Wish I could get one in Cuckmany, at least there are a few 350Zs

What’s stopping you from buying one in England and driving it back?

I'm of the opinion that I need one. My 90's nip sports car collection is just getting started.

I really enjoy mine, even if it's slow. I actually enjoy the 2+2 more than I expected; the seats are small, but big enough to store some stuff, so still a convenience. Plus dem insurance savings.
Downside is, in America the 2+2 was only NA, which is why I say slow. Definitely going to appreciate though, so even if you don't enjoy it, buy it and keep it 10 years and you'll probably make money. I don't intend on ever selling mine if I can help it.
It is pretty heavy (~3350 lbs for a turbo w/ Manuel I believe), but still handles pretty well for its size. I'm sure with coil overs or a really good spring/strut combo it'd do even better. As mentioned repeatedly in this thread, the VG30 is a really strong engine if you want more power. Loads of aftermarket for pretty much everything, as it's a Z car.
Most people think it's aesthetic af, and I'm one of them. Interior's real comfy, pods around the steering wheel are pretty cool. Probably a bit tight if you're large / tall. Also,
>>T-tops

I wish I liked the interior as much as the ridiculously 80s z31 considering the rest of the car is better

Why a z32 over a z31? All I hear is that it is way harder to work on yet the engine is so simlar still, especially when it comes to the engine bay having 0 room

Somebody redpill me

I think it's the suspension mainly

Z31 rear suspension sux and is hardly adjustable

Just picked up a z32 tt and the hard to work on meme isnt really that true. Yes its very cramped and certain jobs are much more involved compared to other cars. (turbos, intake plenum, O2 Sensors) but everything comes off in a logical order. You just can't "cheat" on this car like you can others. Just follow the workshop manual and its fine.

that was neat.

>step 1: pull the motor
>logical order

>Definitely going to appreciate though, so even if you don't enjoy it, buy it and keep it 10 years and you'll probably make money.

The desirable '94-'95 turbos and slick tops may appreciate in value a little, but any regular NA, especially 2+2, won't. If anything, just rest assured that value is rock bottom right now and will stay that way for a long time, so at least you won't "lose" money on it. Just enjoy it for what it is.

The Z32 chassis is worlds ahead of the Z31. It's as if they skipped 3 generations. Welcome to the computer age.

It's also faster than a Toyobaru and it costs less.

I assume you mean faster in a straight line? And you must be talking about the twin turbo because my 2+2 NA was neck and neck with my friend's stock 1985 AE86 on an on-ramp.

Yeah my bad, I meant straight line. I wonder how a Z32 TT fairs on the track?

They are fine with modern tires and bigger brakes, but a stock 1990 trim car will get embarrassed by anything modern.

Any stock 1990 car is going to get embarrassed by anything modern.