youtube.com/watch?v=yeqBEDluaTs
youtu.be/LLItPEpkK7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nth for does your game have C U T E ?

WE

WILL

WUZ

>super emotional
>actually hate technology and has no respect for it or the people who contribute the tools they depend on
Worst kind of programmers.

What's that site that has all the models from old games on it?

x11 is well known to be trash
switch to wayland.

Collab Ad

Project length: ~1 month

I need a programmer. Currently you can still choose what engine/language/framework you want to work in.

Payment: I don't recieve a dime from this and so won't you. Only thing I am after is to put something finished into my portfolio.

About project in general:
I started this project because I wanted to get some practice with working in a team. Also, its an exercise in keeping at it until deadline, no matter what.

About game itself:
>interactive story
>menu based RPG
>futuristic fiction

Questions? Complaints? Suggestions?

Trying to remember.

>Complaints
>I don't recieve a dime from this and so won't you
Your grammar isn't very good

Found it
models-resource.com/nintendo_64/supermario64/

That creature probably has really dry gums and gum disease.

I really hate it when scifi creatures aren't designed intelligently.

>Questions?
Why do you keep posting this shit, when you know nobody is going to work on your """game"""?
>Complaints?
Your idea sucks, your post sucks, you suck
>Suggestions?
Kill yourself

Thanks.

>menu based RPG

So are we talking like turn based rpg? Also what do you do?

>I started this project
And what do you have so far? Nothing.
Wrangling a programmer for free is not going to do anything for your project. Ideaguys cannot gamedev.

>Ideaguys cannot gamedev.
They can. But they need to stop being just ideaguys.

Taking loop requests:
soundcloud.com/glitchedtransmission

>Currently you can still choose what engine/language/framework you want to work in.

Wow, better jump on this opportunity quick, I wouldn't want to work for free for a month AND not be able to pick the language.

I'm drawing with aseprite now, how do i store data in it for each frame?
or do u mean that i manually record down each frame's position for the hat then hardcode them down and reposition the hat based on the animation & it's currentFrame?

GEEEYODDSSSSSUH

i removed the objective markers for enemies when they're onscreen, what do you guys think of that and how the game looks in general

desu, this guys perfect for any programmer looking for an idea guy on a sci-fi game. Im sure he could be talked into even genre-hopping.

Exploit idea guys you melons.

This art style is going to put people to sleep. Remedy that and there is much more potential.

pretty good.
give your characters an animation,
give variety to the trees
polish the HUD
create a level of about 30 minutes gameplay
and you're good to early access it.

>art
>art
>design
>make the game
>ready for early access
Sounds right.

poal.me/6cfel3

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Harmon:i:c
Dev: AWK
Tools: Godot, Ableton Live
Web: awk.itch.io/harmonic, twitter.com/AWKgamedev, awkgamedev.tumblr.com/
Progress:
+ Finished last two levels for the first chapter
+ Fixed a bunch of bugs
+ Goals now show a preview of the next level and the position the player will be in when entering it
- There's nothing left to do until Demo Day other than fixing some tiny bugs and maybe adding a splash screen with the controls since people don't like to read readmes

>This art style is going to put people to sleep.
as in it's boring or that it's plain? it's meant to be a comfy, non-flashy artstyle
>give your characters an animation,
yeah that's next on my todo list
>give variety to the trees
i'll probably just use different shades
>polish the HUD
any suggestions?

would prefer that there's only one objective marker since the objective seems to be shared to those 3 (I'm assuming it's some quest like "kill these 3 guys"). if there's only 1 objective marker for the 3 of them I imagine it would be positioned at the center of the 3. when one dies, it'll be the center of the 2 instead. when only 1 remains, the marker will be on that last guy.

that's just my preference. what you have looks fine.

regarding combat, I feel like there's not enough challenge there right now (last demoday I tried, it was just a clickfest). what are your plans for that?

>His game isn't a thinly veiled political commentary

But what will you be doing? What do you already have? How can you call it a "Collab Ad" if you don't advertise any part of the actual project you're working on? Are you an artist? A musician? A writer? The word collaboration implies that every member of the team does their part. The way you wrote this post makes it seem like you're just asking for someone else to make the game for you.

>additive shadows
fix that shit
also use better colors so it can stop looking so lame

I agree, this is horrendous

>plain? it's meant to be a comfy, non-flashy artstyle
I think light color textures something a little waterpainty would help. Either traditional waterpaint style or something like this pic. Or some other style altogether like construction paper or something. Right now you're making a Flash vector graphics looking game which will cause 90% of eyeballs to immediately dismiss it because it's been the style for web games for over 2 decades online. If you leave the art style as is you will need to make a tremendous game to grab my interest, but maybe that's just me.

>game is political

>polish the HUD
>any suggestions?
the mouse need some clicking animation to que the player
the sword/ring thingy looks just like an ugly placeholder, draw a nicer placeholder

don't forget to put music in too,
and ur main gameplay features
that will make it good enough to go early access.

>also use better colors
ignore these faggots.
the color is good as it is

Also waterpaint textures can be extremely simple just a single color. Like take one leaf from this tree as an example, make the trees waterpaint textured and you triple the aesthetic value of simple shapes. Very easy to do with little effort and makes big difference.

hey is it ok if the thing i post on the jam kinda sucks right now?

So if each one of these trees were textured like the individual leafs on this That would look cool. Or basically any texture. Anything except flat color.

>it's meant to be a comfy
whoa, whoa there
>everything made of strong geometric shapes to the point of almost techno feel despite the palette
>combat gameplay
how is any of that "comfy"?

TREES ARE GREEN
EVERYTHING ELSE IS BROWN
LOOK MAMA I DID IT

Why aren't you cleaning your code right now?

No, only quality submissions are allowed.

>tfw every time I read the word "God" I think of "Godot"
so... this was their plan all along.

Why are you using shitty engines like Godot and Unity when GMS 2 exists?

I think having every tree be the same exact color is no bueno. It causes the eye to dismiss everything and kills immersion. Make nature feel like nature.

>would prefer that there's only one objective marker since the objective seems to be shared to those 3 (I'm assuming it's some quest like "kill these 3 guys"). if there's only 1 objective marker for the 3 of them I imagine it would be positioned at the center of the 3. when one dies, it'll be the center of the 2 instead. when only 1 remains, the marker will be on that last guy.
there's a gate object that gets a value increased whenever those things die and when it reaches a certain point it activates and then the enemies don't have those markers anymore
> if there's only 1 objective marker for the 3 of them I imagine it would be positioned at the center of the 3. when one dies
i'm going to use the markers for "go to this point" and then those guys spawn and you have to kill a certain number of them, it's just to prevent players from getting confused and wandering in the wrong direction
>regarding combat, I feel like there's not enough challenge there right now (last demoday I tried, it was just a clickfest). what are your plans for that?
i'm not too sure about challenge, i'll probably focus more on item builds and story, like walk over there and examine this person

maybe i can add some optional flashy attacks like fable did, but i'm focusing more on fun and engagement than challenge, like if you don't take out ranged enemies quickly you might die i guess
i think it's because i'm using transparent shadows/ i made the shadows too light so the character shows up more clearly when it has its shadow mask on

i can tweak the darkness easily enough
i experimented with textures using photoshop but i really need to watch more tutorials

the first textured backgrounds i used looked bad

new post coming up

What's a good stealth game to look at for map design?

Because im like 2 years behind and i need to progress faster.

Mark of the Ninja is my favorite stealth game ever.

>i think it's because i'm using transparent shadows
how many layers of baka are you on?
it's that your shadows get stronger where they overlap.

Gogem I know you're going to give "advice" to this dev because they are actually making a game and not a menu slideshow like the shit you poop onto the internet but please lay off. You can give constructive criticism without being a faggot.

>tfw jams are dead
bootcamps comeback when?

youtube.com/watch?v=jPqwDGXxLhU

thief of course, it's the only good stealth 3d game

>Why do you keep posting this shit, when you know nobody is going to work on your """game"""?
at first people were like
>where is your game, lol
now, that I have developed it further
>I ain't gonna develop someone else's game

so, do you want to have a say in the creative vision or do you want to work for something which is safe? They are mutually exclusive, user.

The later someone joins the less say in the design they have, since I ain't gonna reverse the work I have done.

>So are we talking like turn based rpg?
No. Event system based RPG. Like the one in Crusader Kings.

>Also what do you do?
Writing and programming. Would like to focus more on writing.

First week is dedicated to consolidating ideas, brainstorming and stuff like that. The writing part needs a lot of planning. So far I have several pages of the concept document.

Once the concept document is acceptable, a design doc will be made. Design doc will contain what features and how exactly should they function based on the concepts in concept doc. Design doc writing should take a lot less time to write since its just a consolidation of concept doc into things that can be programmed. At the same time I start to formulate the plot based on the worldbuilding in the concept doc. And so forth.

I will be doing project management, programming and writing. I would prefer if I could only do writing and project management.

I have a concept doc.

I did advertise with an actual part of this project in the old thread an hour ago.

How can anyone make this game FOR ME if the estimated 70% of work is writing and I am doing the writing.

bootcamp is literally the same thing as a jam.

T H I E F
And not a sell-by-stealth but Dark Messiah.

These games are not entirely stealth nor good, but worth looking at
Deus Ex and Deus Ex Human Revolution, and maybe Deus Ex Mankind Divided
Payday 2, I guess,
Mark of Ninja and much more
I also advise you to pick up some bad stealth games to learn what they did wrong.

>now, that I have developed it further
Where is it?

>time to do music
>have no clue what to do
>time to fucking die

>Right now you're making a Flash vector graphics looking game which will cause 90% of eyeballs to immediately dismiss it because it's been the style for web games for over 2 decades online.
do you have any textures in mind?
>the mouse need some clicking animation to que the player
i can make it flash i guess
>the sword/ring thingy looks just like an ugly placeholder, draw a nicer placeholder
i can outline them and make them look more itemy but i'm bad at art
got any ideas for textures?
>everything made of strong geometric shapes to the point of almost techno feel despite the palette
journey has that, again i'm not an artist
>how is any of that "comfy"?
the palette is comfy
yeah because they're transparent you dumb fuck, they have an image alpha of 0.9 something

if they were opaque then they wouldn't get stronger

Collab Ad (Updated)

Project length: ~1 month

I need a programmer. Currently you can still choose what engine/language/framework you want to work in.

Payment: I will come to your house and let you use me however you see fit. I do everything, no condoms. I am HIV-negative w/ recent test results to prove it. If you have friends over I will service them too. I wear a dress and/or wig upon request, very feminine figure. E-mail me for pictures.

About project in general:
I started this project because I wanted to get some practice with working in a team. Also, its an exercise in keeping at it until deadline, no matter what.

About game itself:
>interactive story
>menu based RPG
>futuristic fiction

Questions? Complaints? Suggestions?

>i experimented with textures using photoshop but i really need to watch more tutorials
Got it.
As long as you digest the feedback, don't feel obligated to justify yourself too much. Good luck.

>but i'm focusing more on fun and engagement than challenge
One thing leads to the others.

i don't think aseprite support custom data, you can use something that supports it or just have a json/text file that has that extra data for each frame, it's better than hardcoding them (especially if you have a lot of frames), and yeah you need to reposition the hat based on that position data.

surely im giving advice to him because it's a really shoddy attempt of trying to look like ///of powerlines///

>poal.me/6cfel3
End of july is already ludum dare.

in a safe place

hey, now
play nice

Daily reminder this dev will LITERALLY not accept any criticism, so don't even bother.

I'm planning on working on one of these two game ideas, which one sounds more interesting to you?

>16th century, first person, chivalry-like combat, searching through the unknown jungle with a group of explorers, elements of psychological horror involved, threats are natural disasters, predators and native tribes, no navigation systems, you have to keep your crew from mutiny and build shelters and find drinkable water and food along the way, story focused

>medieval (fantasy) environment, topdown assassination game, you need to gather intel about your target by searching for clues and asking around, if you get caught you are fucked (unlike in AC) so the focus is on assassination, getting through the guard lines plays similar to a puzzle game due to different reactions, specific to each guard, controls are similar to MOBA and Diablo games, assassin should almost feel like playing with Rengar or Kha'Zix (if you played LoL, you'll know).

I have it more detailed, but this is just a 30 second pitch or whatever.

>First week is dedicated to consolidating ideas, brainstorming and stuff like that. The writing part needs a lot of planning. So far I have several pages of the concept document.
>Once the concept document is acceptable, a design doc will be made. Design doc will contain what features and how exactly should they function based on the concepts in concept doc. Design doc writing should take a lot less time to write since its just a consolidation of concept doc into things that can be programmed. At the same time I start to formulate the plot based on the worldbuilding in the concept doc. And so forth.
That's a lot of text just to agree with me that you have nothing. I get the impression you don't see it as agreeing with me, but it was.

>yeah because they're transparent you dumb fuck
???? everyone noticed.... we noticed because thats not how shadows work you literal baka

>it's a wall of text agdg episode

as other anons said, work on your colors, it's hard to look at in this state.

>chiv close
>Burning Line Britania
yawn

Second seems more interesting.

if the non-writing part of the project was done, why on earth would I need a programmer anymore?

wtf, user

>shitposting about yesdevs instead of posting progress for constructive criticism
Truly baka. Post progress and I'll give you constructive criticism.

you can have a fun and engaging game without it being challenging and challenge sometimes turns people off
i literally changed how the marker system worked you salty baby, watch the webm
yeah and that is WHY they get stronger where they overlap you pedostached mental deficient
does anyone have any links to photoshop textures?

the webm looks better if you open it in a different tab

Oh shit you're right.

WHERE

IS

IS CHARLES LEE

It sort of is unless there's only a single light source. Protip: there's never a single light source.

>maybe Deus Ex Mankind Divided
I found the AI to be a little too easy to sneak around when idle like in the bank but they did a great job with level design for stealth segments.

Also the panic systems are interesting.

youtube.com/watch?v=yeqBEDluaTs

YOUR

youtu.be/LLItPEpkK7A

this video is his playthough of demon's souls but he covers a ton of game design type stuff. really interesting on his perspective

You are an ideaguy and you have literally nothing done on your project. Not even design docs. You have to be either trolling or mental to ask for a programmer, or you were genuinely naive and now you're learning.

>Person who has never made a game talking about game design

Lmao

here i googled something to explain this basic concept for someone as thick as you
overlapping shadows only result in what you're doing when there is multiple light sources

>first concept for my game was super tiny
>now its something completely out of scope

please kill me

do i keep going or downsize back

make something smaller until you're good enough.

You are seriously, seriously underestimating the amount of work and time it takes to program a game.

all of his shadows are identical orientation. it's a single light source.

>or you were genuinely naive
The guy thinks he can make an rpg in a month.

He doesn't have to agree right away he just needs to chew on things.

The worst thing to do is reply to feedback too much which he is prone to do. I don't really care though now that it's established he isn't rotate 2.0 and is actually making a game.