Generators and other useful resources
pastebin.com/aeg28Ktm
[MV] Plugin Releases
mvplugins.com/
yanfly.moe/
[VX/Ace] Master Script List
rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List
Collection of old RPGM games
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bz0L3Pxrc8tqfnB1dFhTZHZwSV9GemiW9wcUM2WHhwSFFFMUVJX0pEYVExMndNLWtXbGs&usp=sharing

The /rpgmg/ podcast:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyrIVUR5VXKC9XxmtqJh0u0Wcdvu8VQ6A

Latest SteelZeroes Demo! mediafire.com/?7j353lkhfpnnx27
The Long Road demo: gamejolt.com/games/thelongroad/236740
Random Game of the Week | Ghosted: rpgmaker.net/games/9756/

/rpgmg/ Collab Project: mediafire.com/file/czw9v8wd0d5h8a9/CollabProj-2_Backup.rar
Chapter 4 slot OPEN (volunteer or else)

Other urls found in this thread:

dewdneym.itch.io/unknownworld
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
youtube.com/watch?v=HKrOH0sQV6w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think I'm finally done with this for this section of the world map. Who knew getting the player to always face downwards when standing on specific points on a map would require so much time and effort?

So yeah, time to ask around again.
Does anyone have a download link to the three Japanese Character Generator Expansion Packs for MV as well as the recently released FSM: Woods and Cave tileset?
Thanks in advance.

Post progress

Working on battle backgrounds

Tell me something about your party.
What makes them unique?

Wasn't the guy asking about "equipment only, no level ups", but I'm considering doing the same.

It's easier to gate the player's level by the amount of content they've unlocked.

With level ups, you have no idea how much they'll farm for sure.

So I'm using advanced classes and the DPS caster path of the Druid is a Stormcaller. Any ideas for the advanced healer path?

I was thinking either Oracle, Seer, or Shaman.

How about Healer?

bump!

I don't know but gotta say that looks really good, it reminds me more of Underrail than rpg maker

Newbie here. Been tinkering with RPG Maker MV for the better part of a week now. Just wanted to ask if there are any downsides to not having a traditional JRPG overworld map? I was wanting to make my game more like Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga in terms of map design.

Try looking for plug-ins for clickable buttons / clickable/visual menus instead.

So any /FES/ here?

How do I make an event that is activated by an item but can be activated anywhere on the map

If you have the creativity to make and name 100s of armors and weapons

>not naming everything iron sword, superior iron sword, exquisite iron sword

cute

dump

>tfw no longer use rpg maker but still lurk here because this thread is much comfier than /agdg/

>Been stuck for hours on how to start the game

About to just fuck it all and either do a joke introduction or no introduction at all

So any word on these?

So you finished your game then? You're not wasting time on an intro instead of making the actual game, right?

How can I start without an introduction?
Also I decided on one so I'm doing it now.

Like... Proof of concept. Making sure ideas work. Drawing out simple maps. There's so much to do before making the intro.

I go from A to Z, then go back and refine things after words.
Proof of concept? For a game I'm making myself? For what purpose

By starting with the meat and potatoes of your game, the gameplay, your mechanics and battle system and all that. It usually takes a lot of time, experimentation and hard work to put together. Then again, if you have a story you're 100% sure you will not make changes to later down the line then I suppose it doesn't hurt to make a prototype intro already.

I just make a scene, then whatever the scene calls for I make it on the fly.

Like if you have any unique concepts for the game. Unless you're doing NOTHING interesting with your game then surely there's something you should be testing out to see if it works.

Gameplay wise not really, I feel like these days 99% of "unique" gameplay concepts for these old school RPGs just feel like gimmicks.
The game I'm doing will mostly focus on player choice, giving them lots of choices and having the choices have realistic and noticeable effects

I asked this in another thread but I want to ask here,

What is a comfy game to you? What would you consider being a 'comfy' game? Can a simulator be comfy? Though maybe an rpg can't be 'comfy'.

I found Harvest Moon fun but that's not really an rpg, Golden Sun Lost Age was good too.

I haven't played Rune Factory games but I plan to for my research.

A comfy game for me is a slow paced game in which you can take your time and do what you want. Animal crossing is in my opinion #1 comfy game ever made. As for rpgs, I think of games like Underrail when I think comfy.

also,
>can a simulator be comfy
Nigga, have you never played euro truck simulator?

You guys are really bad at making OPs.
The "Random Game of the Week" hasn't changed in 3 threads.

Silent Maid is doing Ch4 of the collab.

Comfy for me is slow paced, with no real danger and cheerful art/music.

My least favorite thing is making maps/areas.

God help me this is boring

Anyone here got a demo? I'll playtest for you and I promise I won't judge.

Have you played the collab game?

I haven't. Downloading now.

Gonna work on my game RIGHT NOW.
What should I put in it to let you know that you're special to me?

I do. I just made an update 45 mins ago too.

dewdneym.itch.io/unknownworld

I know that feel.

If all goes well in the next few hours I may have a practice demo of my very first game ever ready within a day or two.

It's all RTP and a single tiny dungeon, but I'll have proven to myself I can finish something.

Who else here actually finished a game? How many?

I got four under my belt.

I-I'm not sure but it needs to be genuine.

Checking it now, will get back to you with feedback.

awesome, thanks.

One VX game on steam *With a team
One retarded forum Collab with RMXP. That was almost 10 years ago.
One horror game on RMXP. Technically I just did some graphics and play testing.
Lots of community challenges. But I wouldn't count those.

If we're talking strictly rpg maker, then no, I've never made a game entirely by myself.

Seems reasonable.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

None of those seem specifically like a healer to me. Oracle and seer are more about visions, and shaman feels like a nature-based caster. Though it depends on the mechanics behind your healer.

?

Yeah I thought about it some more, I think I'm going to go with Healer and Shaman

/Fes/ as well here
Can't find anything about the Disgaea content on the game. How does it look like? Just some portraits or the full thing like npcs and prinnys to fight?

Is that out for the EUR?
I pirated the eur version for my us console, and the title keys site says there is dlc for it, so Inget there, but theres no difference

Is it my non-eur console or just isn't dlc?

Hey guys, I'm Journey of Stones guy on FES,

I just gotta switch to VX Ace, I'll work on a different for FES

One addition to this, its free to edit, so if anyone wants to work on an FES version, be my guest. It will be there for a while until I start work on a different project.

Okay so I just beat the first boss and apparently finished the demo.

To start off, I abused the fact that the dialogue option "Did I say I would help you" loops you back to the beginning of the dialogue enabling you to keep getting 300 gold over and over again. I don't really play these kinds of rpgs, so the extra 50 medicine I could afford was nice to have lol.

I initially picked the third option which gives you a fight with a knight dude which you cannot win and I wondered what the fuck was going on, but then I realized that's to show what will happen if you don't go on the quest. I liked that.

It says "You tried to run away.." even when I succeed at running away, which is a bit weird.

The music is nice and your mapping is comfy enough. Story and world seem extremely generic so far, but I've only played for a bit.
I find it weird that firebombs do jack all damage when used by my medic, it seems to me an item like that should do a set amount of damage regardless of who throws it but that may just be me. The music is nice.

Overall I rate this not bad, maybe even decent/10. And like I said I'm not even that into this genre.

>To start off, I abused the fact that the dialogue option "Did I say I would help you" loops you back to the beginning of the dialogue enabling you to keep getting 300 gold over and over again
That's totally an error and I gotta fix that.

>It says "You tried to run away.." even when I succeed at running away, which is a bit weird.
Would "You attempted to escape" work better?

>Story and world seem extremely generic so far, but I've only played for a bit.
I have some ideas that ramp things up a bit but yeah it starts out pretty basic.

>Firebombs
I kinda created that late at night when I was tired and just copypasted the formula I use for magic. You're right though it should be static and not based on stats at all. I've already fixed that up.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll use it to polish it up.

I mean that when I fail at running away, "you tried" makes sense, but when I actually do run away it should say "Got away safely!" or something like in pokemon.

Keep at it though my man, I didn't get bored playing for an hour so I think you've got a good game in the making here.

Now that I am remaking the world map in VX Ace, I miss alot of things like the automatic large mountains

*bumps into you*
Gee, watch where you are going user-kun.

>Knight Class has roughly 20 skills
>Black Mage Class has almost 33 skills
This feels unbalanced.

If the knight has a normal attack worth using while the mage is entirely based around abilities, the knight doesn't need as many skills.

That's quite a few skills for both of them.

Change locale with luma

A mage should always have more skills than a knight.

I dunno. Separating the skills that target all allies/enemies from the skills that target one ally/enemy doubles the number of skills available overall.

bump

Do I do it for the DLC? Because the game works fine, I got the update fine, but I thinl its how the game uses the eshop for dlc

Yes all you have to do is enable the game patcher

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

It worked for mine, should work for yours too.

But how do you make the "All Enemy" skills distinguishable and useful?

Like, Mages have selective elemental attributes.
Knights have restrictive elemental attributes - based on their weapon.

Mages have large MP pools.
Knights have little - if any.

You don't want to equalize classes, because what's the point of separating them if they're not going to be different? You might as well call Knights "Physical Mages" if that's the only attribute that set them apart. You know what I'm saying?

It's a kind of bloat. Like forcing the player to buy 2 sets of armor that are essentially the same thing, just worn by different genders or races. What's the point? They do the same thing.

What do FES users think about that version?

What would you like them to add/fix/change?

How long until Nintendo shuts it down for lewd content?

Redpill me on fes, how is it different from rpgaymaker?

hey /pol/

It's actually just a gimmicky worse version. No custom assets, limited deployment options and you have to use the DS to write everything out. You might as well make a tabletop game with your own hands.

So after a very long time of not doing rpgm anything, I ended up learning some real javascript stuff accidentally. How scanning works in the local and global scopes, little stuff like that. I've always been a "learn the bare minimum to makes things work" kinda guy, so it was neat learning how stuff is meant to work.

One thing that stood out is the "var" initialization. I've always left it out of my script calls and told others to do the same because I was lazy and it didn't cause problems. Realizing now how local scopes work (and being yelled at for "strict mode" problems), I decided to try using var in a script call instead of just my .js plugins - and it totally doesn't fucking work.

I realize why it doesn't, but I'm kind of surprised how convenient my old lazy method worked out. For the curious, the script call is its own local scope (and not the event page), so using var is declaring a local variable, which is deleted when the script call itself ends. By not using var, the computer defaults to creating it as a global variable instead, which can be read by anything. You must use the local variable within the script call box to use it at all.

Anyways, more importantly, today's Song of the Day:

youtube.com/watch?v=HKrOH0sQV6w

I missed the song of the day very much.

Knights can apply protective buffs or enter offensive stances. They can resist stuns and do multi-hit to get past barriers.

Mages can enter speed stances or power stances, but both make them easier to kill. They have access to wide area attacks and multi-element spells.

What does your game say when a hero deals a critical hit? When a hero is dealt a critical hit?

How do you do this?

MV allows you to do it in the database.

I'm sure there are ways to do it in the other makers, though, probably involves some basic file editing.

Put in a robot

Gotcha. It's set in a real world setting so maybe I'll put a robot in a game within the game.

A WASP.

THAT FIGHTS CRIME.

Is it feasible to have the battle music change based on how the fight is going?

Thats already active, where will I find the dlc in game?

onnit

I see you can do it as a message in MV, is there anyway to add a SE as well without a script?

I'd imagine that's script territory, homie. I'm not even at the point of my career where I can do scripts, sadly.

Press x on character graphics or tile select menu (should say Catagory:_______) If theres more than Fantasy the dlc is working.

>Can't write with stylus
>When PS1 makes you write with a controller
Get a load of this pleb

Also, I read in the last thread
it lacks conditional branching. So does PS1. If you want to check certain variables, it must be done at the start of the event. If your event branches out, you must make several near-identical copies that account for each set of front-loaded variables

>no conditional branch
what the fuck how can you make ANYTHING in that?
That's like the most essential event function.

a break dancing rider who only talks in beatboxing and has dice rolling themed techniques if you have room for one more.

>Rider Di

You can still check conditions at the start, which admittedly bloats the Event memory and makes the work tedious

I don't really know what this means.
If you elaborate a little more I'll see how it can fit.

Wow, that's nice. It's like the FF5/6 remake tilesets but made by competent people.

0-1 attack sprite
2-3 town bgm
3-4 forest bgm
4-5 boss bgm
6 victory bgm
7-8 level up system
9 big text graphics
dubs i go back to playing video games

A Kamen Rider type character who break dances and uses dice (6 sided) for his themes and thus attacks.
As far as beat boxing goes, it's making music and annoying sounds with your mouth. Like that one guy in Police Academy.

I'm having overlay problems.
My sprites glitch through my overlays...but maybe not exactly.
I tried to take a screenshot but whats happening is the sprite is becoming visible and then its switching back to the overlay, so i cant get a snapshot of what it looks like.

Kaus overlay does this.
Orange overlay does this (which is essentially the same as kaus over, this faggot took over for kaus since kaus faggot was banned for art theft)

The conflict i KNOW is being caused by alpha ABS, because if i turn it off, I dont have this problem.

So, does anyone know a fix for this?
Is there any other overlay pluggins i can try?
Are there any other ABS's i can try (aside from the currently unsupported Quadi ABS)?

CAN NOT use BindPicturesToMap. It interferes heavily with terrax lighting. If there's a way for BindPicturesToMap to work with Terrax, I'll try it.

Ooooh. Okay I had to do some research. Never heard of Kamen Rider but after looking it up, I understand way better. I know what beat boxing is, lol. I might look into this Kamen Rider shit, it looks awesome

Look up some main Riders and watch whichever you think has the coolest looking suit.