Cheap first car for drifting

Im 16 about to get my license and i need a car to destroy but will be alot of fun in doing so. i plan to drift and do burnouts. so i need a RWD manual that i can tune to some extent. my budget is about 3000 over all. what would a good car be?

Other urls found in this thread:

streetshopinc.com/chassis-packages/1963-1967-c2-replacement-chassis.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

80s or 90s chebby suburban, as big an engine as you can afford. Swap in a shorter geared rear end if you need to.

Clapped out e36
Clapped out a chassis
Clapped out Volvo 240
Clapped out Miata
You get the idea

1. Underageb&
2. You want a dependable daily driver first and foremost. That gets you a job to buy a secondary fun car.

Stupid fucking piece of shit phone
S chassis*

>About to get license at 16
>Already planning to try to go full Paul Walker

Enjoy losing your license immediately from cops catching you doing dumb shit when you should be worried about learning how to push your car to its legal limits

If this is a disguised "what car for drifting????" thread, any V8 Mustang from Fox-bodies onward. Cheap, powerful RWD cars that will teach you how losing traction feels.

Must caution you not to practice drifting in crowds. Or anywhere within a 5 mile radius of any living beings.

ive got 2 daily driver cars in my family i could use so i just want to get somthing for me

Fool
Get a Miata or something cheap and easy to control. Find some autocross events near you, and go there and actually learn how to drive. Driving like an idiot on the street is only going to make you look like a retard. It's fun and all when you're an immature child, and I can't say I'm not guilty of it, but once you find a place where you can really drive your car and not be scared of ruining it or killing someone or getting a ticket, you'll have so much more fun.
I'm 18 and went to my first autocross about a year ago. Some people will tell you it's gay and stupid, but I had more fun and learned way more there than I ever had before.

i dont plan to do it every night and theres plenty of open roads out here where nobody is out during the night. legal limits? Please explain?

I thought that same way until I got a ticket. Then I thought that same way until I hit an armadillo and destroyed my front bumper.
Driving hektik on the streets is stupid. You'll grow up one day.

What I mean is, not to sound like some wannabe wise old man or some shit, but cars (especially powerful ones, double especially powerful RWD ones) can be enough of a handful before you even get to the point where you are literally on the brink of losing control (even pro drifters can spin out).

Worry about how it feels and how you react to simply getting pressed back in the seat and thrown to the side taking turns normally before you start worrying about Initial D shit.

heh
I had to slam into a median twice before I stopped to learn about chassis dynamics n shieeet.

Helped me coach a younger friend in some basics, but he went to a few auto-x meets after getting his license and was placing like 3/4 of the way up right from the start
>not bad obama

heres the problem with that, and im just guessing, im not paying my insurence for this car and if the companys see i do thoes auto cross events wouldnt they be inclined to jack up my rates? im planing to take raceing/drifting lessons when i can so ik how to drive and ive got a huge parkin lot next to me to practice in.

>Im 16 about to get my license

mods?

thank you

You're still going to make mistakes. Crapbox a best first car so you can learn to drive the shit out of it without getting into too much trouble or breaking something that's nice or expensive.

Make use of the upcoming snow for the parking lot. Don't start tossing it around in the parking lot dry and busting shit on a curb or whatever.

what mean?

>heres the problem with that, and im just guessing, im not paying my insurence
Insurance*
>for this car and if the companys
companies*
>see i do thoes
Those*
>auto cross events
Why would they see?
>wouldnt they be inclined to jack up my rates?
No
>im planing to take raceing
Racing*
>/drifting lessons
That's stupid, especially in your own car
>when i can so ik how to drive and ive got a huge parkin
Parking*
>lot next to me to practice in.
That's a bad idea and illegal. Never do things like that ok land you don't own or don't have permission to use

Veeky Forums is 18+ per the rules. You are underageb&

dosnt snow here but it does ran every now and then

You must be 18 or older to access this site.

affordable and cheap to drift in

miata
v6 mustang
v6 camaro/firebird

thx and the lessons are in a true performance car im pretty sure

Rain is better than nothing. The idea is that it starts skidding before you build too much momentum and loose it.

The other advantage of a crapbox: you fix it yourself. That's hand's down the best way to learn how to care for your possession and how to calibrate your internal sense of what you're willing to risk.

what car is this?

Toyobaru. Good second car after you get through the shame of screwing up in your first one.

oh yea i forgot to say i have pretty much every tool i could need to work on said car

scion frs/subaru brz (it's pretty much the same car)

u think i could find one for under 3k

You don't have the money to get a rwd manual without frame rust and/or fucked transmission

>i have pretty much every tool
Did you buy them yourself already? The important part of doing your own work is learning the cost of making a mistake. Metal is just a commodity, but it's better to learn the cost of a new piece of metal than to learn the cost of personal harm.

I don't mean to sound like an angry old grandpa, but that's for reals.

maybe... what would i need to get one?

the tools are my fathers

wait, dont you have a career?

why 3k?

lol imma broke boi. this money is comming from my parents

Ford Ranger

>parents buying you a car
>parents supplying tools
>16 with drift conceptions
boi don't get too big for your britches.

Dad sold me my first car literally for $1 but it was a busted claptrap. Never once didn't offer to help, but pretty much everything from that point on I did on my own beyond like asking for a set of wrenches or new floormats for Christmas.

i just want to have fun doing somthing where im in control bro. im sick of relying on people to have fun i just wanna drive fast and slide around

go to junk yard or online
obtain the following

ladder frame
streetshopinc.com/chassis-packages/1963-1967-c2-replacement-chassis.html

6.2 litre LS3
Tremec t56
or any engine with over 100 hp paired with a manual transmission

+roll cage and what ever body shape you like

If you're in the US maybe you can find some clapped out old domestic RWD. Nothing wrong with that as a first car, especially if you want to work on it. Something more on the order of a 240SX is probably going to be more like an endless project than something you have to allocate some weekends to.

i dont have the time or money for that lol

>16
>still hasn't got a license
>pays with parents' money
>guise i wanna tune and drift lmao check it out im dagumi

No. Get a miata or something and learn to fucking drive.
Call back once you're old enough to post here, you got a job, and you know what the steering wheel and pedals are for.

whats wrong with wanting to do somthing other than just going fast stoping then going fast again

MODS PLEASE

dam bro why?

You're technically supposed to be b&, and for the reasons why your mental state clashes with those of your respondents (and, legally also due to legal stuff with minor vs. not-minor).

We want you to be safe bro, not retarded. That's why we're trying to put you in something between a boremobile and a godmachine as your first car.

Godmachine?

murk loar