Vehicle towing tips

Okay, since I'm probably going to end up having to buy a wagoneer out of state since all the fucking Shittifornian LA yuppie poser FAGGOTS have fucked the prices to hell and made a salvage title shitheap apparently worth 10k, I'm looking for general vehicle towing tips but I mostly need the best way to rent a vehicle to tow long distance. I've heard of people renting suburbans from enterprise or something but I'm not 25 yet so that might be cost prohibitive. Also, for some reason U-haul doesn't let you rent pickups to tow that far, and I don't think my ranger would be up to towing such a heavy vehicle 500+ miles.

Also fuck this shit state.

You're fucked no matter where you go. Good luck.

Idk how much has changed but I bought one 5-6 years ago that ran well, had no major rust issues, and an okay interior for 1200 bucks. I know good deals are out there but I'm gonna have to be ready to pounce and drive a few hundred miles to get one.

Anything AMC has been rocketing up in value.

Had I known this would happen I never would have sold that thing.

bump

Buy a 1970's Ford F250 for $1,200, do the tow, then sell it for $1,500-.

Why would you want a Wagoneer once you already have an F-250?

Wagoneer prices are expected to triple in the next 18 months.

Easy mode: Leave California and move to where the Jeep is
Hard Mode: rent a uhaul truck/trailer combo and pick it up yourself

or, there are a shit ton of car shipping companies owner/operators that will absolutely pick it up and deliver it to you for the same or less than you will spend to rent and drive a truck/trailer combo to pick it up yourself

500 miles isn't that far

Several things.

You are as much a part of this problem as those you blame.
If you rent a suburban often places will specifically make you sign shit saying you won't tow or haul vehicles with it, as someone with no towing experience probably is not who you want driving your vehicles all over

Realistically, and I can't believe I'm helping you, a box truck is going to be your best bet. They too will probably specify no car hauling, but at that point fuck em do what you want.

Under 25, you are going to run into issues, the main one being if you have to ask this question, you are displaying that you aren't necessarily capable of this.

I'm not saying you'd never pull it off, you just fall among the set of people where you don't hand them keys to something you own and say have at it bud!

Paying someone else to move it would probably be your easiest path to realizing you are in over your head and having a wagoneer for sale for 10k cuz you know what you got.

Uhaul specifies no car towing with their shit

i meant rent a truck and also a flat bed car hauling trailer from uhaul

I do have towing experience with a small boat, flat towing a vw dune buggy, and dolly towing a vw GTI all with my ranger. Towing isn't rocket science.
>Uhaul specifies no car towing with their shit
On their website you can rent a box truck and car trailer.

>Easy mode: Leave California and move to where the Jeep is
Harder when your job is in the maritime industry

>or, there are a shit ton of car shipping companies owner/operators that will absolutely pick it up and deliver it to you for the same or less than you will spend to rent and drive a truck/trailer combo to pick it up yourself
That might be a good option but I'd have to go up there and look at the jeep/exchange money anyways

>someone saved an image I posted like 3 months ago in a ragepost

neat

wait you bought this shitheap on copart? lol sucks to be you

roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d/jeep-grand-wagoneer-1984/6321277451.html 3 grand lol. Enjoy your Jews and faggots.

or maybe you could just buy a car that isn't a stupid hipster meme

So your thread is either asking for towing tips, then when I assumed you don't tow shit you push back with all this fucking car towing experience out of nowhere and you're a retard
OR
Your thread is asking where to rent a tow vehicle, and then you specifically state you know where to do that thus making you a retard

Or the true nature of the thread as having nothing to do with your questions, and really just backdoor bragging and blogging about your rage boner for wagoneers, but people like you are why they are an arm and a leg,

Thus making you the retard, again.

I'm out.

I found it on google actually
I liked them before they were a hipster meme

Why? Why are these so desirable in the first place? Skyler is worst character

fuck you, i literally just booked a 10' box truck and a full trailer to tow my car and all my shit 160 miles.

And you rent the box truck and put the wagoneer in the box with ramps ant tell no one from the rental place you moron. Not rent a flatbed carhauler with it. You're under 25, statistically this is a terrible idea for whomever owns the equipment even without then knowing what you are trying to do.

Go through Penske or Ryder. Not uhaul.

I know when you ask a question on Veeky Forums you're also asking for people to shit on you but it's not my fault you can't read.
>but I mostly need the best way to rent a vehicle to tow long distance
I've never towed anything this big for as long a distance, I'm looking for advice from people who've actually done something like this.
>but people like you are why they are an arm and a leg
I used to have one but sold it because I was a poorfag at the time, now that I have a semi-real job I want another one to build an off road/camping rig. Don't worry, it's gonna get used.

Ive used a uhail pick up and car hauler twice now... shits easy but expensive (after 100 miles its 28 cents a mile or something). If youre going over 300 miles round trip, car shipping will generally be cheaper.

Or make a friend with a big truck.

Or just hitch it up to your ranger and take it easy. Shit, so many europoors rag on truck owners that their little .9L car can haul crap, im sure a ranger can handle it.

shipping is starting to sound better now, thanks. I was thinking since I'd have to go up there anyways I might as well tow it back but if it's cheaper to pay someone else then it's hard to argue with that. If the jeep were close I'd just tow with the ranger or drive it if it ran but to drive a long distance with big grades I wouldn't want to try it for anyone downhill of me's sake.

Just to make you jealous, I can do this at the drop of a hat.

But then again I have a big truck and a trailer.

I'm telling you, cheapest will be pay someone else, next best is budget or peske.

By the time after the per mile is done with the uhaul your asshole will be wide enough to haul the wagoneer. Unless you get the truck from somewhere else and just the trailer from uhaul.

And goddammit you'll be fine. Towing is easy. Don't hit shit and you're good.

So would car be drivable as you bought it? Just bought a car from 400 miles away, my grandfather came with me and we drove back in separate cars

If your ranger isn't a 4 cylinder I think you'd be just fine. What makes you concerned it won't be able to do the job?

that one on copart or another 'insurance auction' has been there for months

was going to laugh my ass off if you bought it

Pull both driveshafts
Doing that would fix any other problems you might deal with while towing it.

the plan is the 500 dollar LS meme so if I can get a deal by getting one that doesn't run that's a bonus
I'm not sure if my brakes would be able to handle a big grade towing a big car like the wagoneer behind.
Flat towing might be a good option but like I said with the brakes I'd be afraid to cook them. Also, if the tires end up dry rotted that would be a problem. When I flat towed the dune buggy it had a bar thing that bolted to the front torsion tube, but to flat tow other cars don't you have to bolt something to the bumper?

Bump

final bump

>i liked them before they were cool

Sounds like something a hipster would say

Face it, you are raging about cali yuppie faggot behavior, yet you are engaging in that same behavior. Kys

I'd rather stay alive and buy a wagoneer, sorry.