>new EV prelude concept
>new MR2 concept
>new Mazda rotary concept
>new Nissan Z car concept
>new WRX concept

3 more days from this post

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M-Q8P049-2Q
motortrend.com/news/report-mazda-needs-breakthrough-before-it-can-offer-rotary-engine/
youtube.com/watch?v=JOXDsUCZfgg
engineswapdepot.com/?p=14252
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>new Mazda rotary concept
nothing else matters.

kinda excited for the MR2

tho i know i will never afford one :^(

where do you guys get all your aut/o/ news? This board is cool but its useless if you wanna stay up to date.

also, is this info legit or are we just spergulating?

>tons of cute car girls

Its legit
Mazda has teased the new rotary concept and nissan has also teased a Z car. Honestly who cares about the new WRX when there is nothing to rival it like the Evo

>there is nothing to rival it like the Evo
the Focus RS isn't a rival?

I mean it may not be japanese or made by the same company but it is very much a spiritual successor and rival

who cares about the wrx anyway, its fucking huge and looks like every other 4 door sedan made in this decade

I have a good feeling about this year though, i feel like some real future-classics are about to exist, please be true.

Mr2 and rotary concept hype

>Nothing to rival it

I present to you the Nimitz Class supercarrier. It's only a hair bigger but the performance is
there...

youtube.com/watch?v=M-Q8P049-2Q

The Focus RS is now the rival of the WRX

Where can i get one?

this happens to be the year i finally finish my training and can get a job, so Im really excited to see what my first bought-new car will be

Newport News Shipbuilding

Fuck concepts, I'm expecting a Supra production model.

four cylinder automatic hybrid here we come

The inline (not V) 6 has already been confirmed.

Idc about automatic, you can go slow if you want.

It's going to be an automatic hybrid only. Trust me.

Can I get a source for the Mr2 concept? I've heard the rumors but nothing as substantial as the rotary or z car rumors.

Calling it now; RX-9 will be a hybrid car powered by a dual rotor, optionally sequentially turboed, and a battery similar to Tesla. This solves the issue of fuel economy, emissions, and low end torque all at once. There's literally no reason not to.

Calling it now: there is no rx9

G E T
E
T

H Y P E
Y
P
E

the non-ironic hybrid acceptance has arrived.
Each day we stray further from god's light.

Why would I trust you when you're wrong?

I have been saying this for a while. I can't wait --I just hope a manual is available

Enjoy blowing your headgaskets on a stock car

Insider info suggests the automatic transmission previewed in the HV GR concept shown in OP's post will be used in a new hybrid MR2

Almost every source confirms that there won't be a manual Supra. Transmission choices will be a whatever speed automatic and dct

OP you forgot the Mitsubishi Evo Hybrid CUV concept

>Almost every source confirms that there won't be a manual Supra. Transmission choices will be a whatever speed automatic and dct
I already mentioned that I don't care about it being automatic. It has a 3L Inline 6 which is what I really wanted out of it. Automatics are faster and I like paddles.

>Automatics are faster and I like paddles
You are cancer

Where are you getting this news? Only the WRX is confirmed

>eurobeat intensifies

>resorts to namecalling
Pottery.

>Concept cars

who cares honestly, i bet none of them make it to production

Why do all these concepts look like new age shit?

why is her head so tiny

With the way these new cars look, I hope none of them do

Want me to expand?

People like you, people who prioritize laptimes and horsepower numbers over driver engagement is what killed the future of sports cars.

>But muh paddles!

If you want paddles, why not just stick with your Xbox? The fun part of a manual transmission is being able to use all 4 limbs of your body simultaneously to be in sync with the car. Paddles leave out your left leg entirely and you are relying on computers to engage the clutch. But hey, at least it's 0.5 seconds faster around a professional track amirite???

Don't forget to carry a list of laptimes in your glove box so you can show it off to all your friends. I'm sorry you will never learn to drive a manual transmission properly because it's quite fun.

>picture
Hipster cars

the only electric car i would ever drive

i am going to set myself on fire if the gr-hv is actually put into production

I bet you're against synchros too you fucking degenerate, move on already. Automatics are simply better in every measurable way, regardless of how fun having 3 pedals is.

this dude knows whats up

>better in every way
this isnt an argument, my boy, especially when its not true.
screencapped, autotragic kids BTFO

Damn this looks like Golf 1, would drive

makes my dick so hard, sucks that like most concepts it will probably not be real. I hate the end of the internal combustion era, and the only thing that would ever convince me to go to the other side is if they brought back this kinda retro styling, especially since one day the EV tech will supersede the need for edgy millenial aerodynamics.

motortrend.com/news/report-mazda-needs-breakthrough-before-it-can-offer-rotary-engine/

s..sorry

holy dick, I was just having fun, didn't mean to leave you assblasted and without a (you)

>people still believe, year after year, that any fun, affordable, or good Japanese mid range sportscar will ever make it into production ever again

There's just no market. Nobody wants to spend more than they would on a Miata/86. Japanese manufacturers aren't going to be able to build and sell cars in the $35k-50k range that can compete with the Mustang, Camaro, etc. and the US is the only market that buys a lot of cars in that bracket. Nissan, Mitsubishi, and Mazda are just completely out, if you think they will ever make anything like that you're going to keep getting your hopes crushed every time a new crossover comes out. Could Toyota, Honda, or Subaru build their way back up to making a compelling $40-50k, 350-400hp 2+2? Maybe, but I don't see why they would, unless gas prices spike it's just too hard to compete against the US brands. They tried doing the "high tech" thing with the RCF, LC500, etc. but those have been a flop and I don't see any of that trickling down to a lower platform.

>Could Toyota, Honda, or Subaru build their way back up to making a compelling $40-50k, 350-400hp 2+2?
You say this even though the Supra has basically been confirmed?

I'm going to screencap this so I can post it every time I see you shitpost after the Supra returns. Probably after the MR2 returns too.

DELET THIS

Looks like someone's never driven a Tesla. Yeah yeah you can't get your hands dirty working on one (yet) but trust me an addition of low end torque to a rotary engine is a strict upgrade

If they can do it on a CRZ I'm sure a manual option will exist.

I have nothing against teslas, they're cool and give plebs a chance to have something interesting.

I just fear the day that enthusiasts will accept non petrol cars as part of their culture.

What most people forget about teslas is that all of them are either RWD or rear biased AWD...
youtube.com/watch?v=JOXDsUCZfgg

it is still in no way an enthusiast vehicle.
driving that RC car will never give you the same "man, machine, one body "jinba ittai" that you get from driving a manual non-assisted vehicle.

>new EV prelude concept
maybe
>new mr2 concept
nope, they're showing a bastardized 86 that will never make it into production
>new mazda rotary concept
nope, they're showing 4 door concept and new mazda 3 with hcci
>new z car concept
nope, they're showing the nismo leaf
>new wrx concept
maybe

I get the concern but I don't think they'll completely over take internal combustion, at least not for a long long time. I'm actually really excited to be able to tune both a combustion engine and a battery. I think an RX-9 hybrid would solve slot of problems and make a powerful hybrid available to people who can't afford 918s

At least they don´t build anemic FWD econoboxes...

Unless its dual clutch instant response, which it almost never is, then itll be slower than a manual. Thats just a fact, whether you like it or not.

A fatass ugly sedan or SUV with a fast 0-60 time but no other good performance metrics and an ipad for a dash is no better than an econobox. Neither one holds any appeal whatsoever to an enthusiast.

different strokes etc etc blah blah blah.

I'm an EV enthusiast. Some EVs hold appeal to me, others don't. enthusiast≠enthusiast

>I'm an EV enthusiast
Its happening. Mass suicide NOW.

>muh hart an sole
This doesn’t matter at all in an age where nihilism is rapidly overtaking millennials and the younger generation.

what did you expect would happen? I was born in 97, never really got into cars as a youngster, and now that I need a car of my own EVs are very appealing. Quiet, cheap to operate, hardly any maintenance needed, not smelly. Lots of my friends feel the same way.

There's a great big shift in attitudes towards personal transportation happening, and yeah, it happens to interfere with your hobby... sucks, but that's the reality of it.

I was born in 96, I liked cars when i was young but in my teens I lived in a very rich city full of autotragic cars where everyone's dream was an AMG or a porsche.

Then I moved to the EU to live a /simple/ life, bought myself a hot hatch from the 80s and never looked back. My advice is tht you do the same, you will fall in love with the connection and feel something you never felt before.

You're in the right place to get started, godspeed.

>ev enthusiast
No such thing
You cant customize these cars or work on them on your own. You’re an EV shill, plain and simple.

You and your friends are morons. Stop posting here as if you actually know shit about cars or any vehicle. You and your friends are consumers of whatever garbage you are fed, nothing more.

Are there going to be streams? Doesn't matter if they'll be in Japanese.

>not smelly
>quiet
I'm this close to livestreaming seppuku with pictures of 80s-90s vehicles in the background, user. Please KYS before I do it.

Dear god, how much of a closed-minded ape can a person be? Enthusiasm is just that- having an interest in something. It could take the shape of simply following the development of a technology. I’m sure all the public transit enthusiasts on /n/ don’t actually work on/customize their own buses and trains. There is no “secret club” aspect of auto enthusiasm, you’re just too afraid of things that are outside your own narrow perception.

Agree on the rest but the 4 door mazda is carrying the new rotary concept

Enthusiasm implies that you are enthusiastic of the most superior and refined version of the subject you are discussing. EVs are quite simply a downgrade when you ask a CAR enthusiast who knows what hes talking about and has experienced car ownership.

make an /ev/ board, because this is the wrong place and it will just piss off real car enthusiasts if you try to class yourself as such when by definition you are not.

>arguing as if his opinions are objective fact
>cars from the late 80s being the most refined, superior cars on the market
>any car being more refined or superior than a multi-million-dollar modern supercar
>MUH HART AN SOLE
I’m beginning to see why everyone else hates this board. I drive a manual and like it, I have an old dirty diesel Mercedes that I’m trying to restore, all my current favorite cars are from before 2000, yet I have the ability to recognize that my tastes and enthusiasm are all subjective. If someone else likes ev’s, go for it. They’re not perfect, but neither are old dirty diesels. Not everything is a personal fucking attack. Also I’m not , just arguing on his behalf.

>Automatics are simply better in every measurable way
>>better in every way
>this isnt an argument, my boy, especially when its not true.
>measurable
kill yourself

No one on /n/ is a “public transit enthusiast” because they simply ride the train or bus. They’re merely commuters. /n/ is not an enthusiast board, get it through your thick skull.

And Veeky Forums and the rest of car enthusiasts circles aren’t a secret club. If we were, you wouldn’t be giving your dumbass opinion to us right now.

The issue here is that you are treating “enthusiasm” with the same regard that people are treating “gender” these days. With zero guidelines, just about any shiteating manchild with an opinion would be considered an ethusiast because he only likes EV, but doesn’t understand EV or ICE cars at all.

>ev prelude

Morons is a strong word don’t you think.

I’m an enthusiast because I
-keep up with the latest EV news
-subscribe to a variety of EV YouTube channels
-talk about EVs with other fans of EVs
-get into arguements about EVs with other EV enthusiasts
-giddily await new EV announcements
-check Craigslist every day for EV deals

replace EV with ICE and you have all of the parts of a regular car enthusiast minus setting tappets on engines and oil changes, plus a few other rather unimportant things. Enthusiasm doesn’t necessitate wrenching. That’s just a side effect of ICE cars for the most part.

Or perhaps I am a moron, hmmmm?

not so bad points made there, but just to let you know that MOST of ICE enthusiasm comes exactly from wrenching. Nobody here would call it a side effect. I will wrench any day and it will put a smile on my face every time.

godspeed mazda-san

GOOD LUCK MISS RX-VISION

Tuning is a verry important part of beeing a enthusiast.
Getting over 20 hp out of a 50cc class scooter is usualy the entry drug...

engineswapdepot.com/?p=14252

>not interested in the /car guys/
gay af

>but I have never owned an EV or worked on one
>enthusiasm doesn’t mean wrenching
>its just a side effect

You’re right. Moron isn’t a strong enough word to express how stupid you are. Retard, imbecile, idiot, don’t really describe it hard enough either, sadly.

I'm already saving for when the next 3 comes out.

>swap
Now show me one that doesn’t take countless thousands of dollars of special purpose sponsored equipment

A regular person won’t be able to do anything like this. Shit example desu

It’s the early days, just give it time. Software is going to be the main enthusiast area anyways I think. Tesla just knocked off another second from their 0-60 on a few models with an OTA update; I’d imagine that less locked down EVs will have a lot of upgrades possible just through free to use software for the drivetrain too

Oh just stop it, your dumb gatekeeping isn’t going to slow down the adoption of EVs a whit.

"Automotive News spoke with Mitsuo Hitomi, the man in charge of Mazda powertrains, who said there's a very good chance the next implementation of the rotary engine will be as an electric car range extender."

Hear that people? Not coupled to the drivetrain, just coupled to an alternator to provide small-scale backup power with minimal vibrations.

lol

i thought that thing was going to be called an eclipse? prob just confusing them

>its the early years meme
Wrenching was possible in the early years of ICEs. They were intended to be worked on too. This is nothing like that, and it will never be, you fucking sheep.

or her arms too big, body too long

Mitsubishi a shit

Behold, the E-Evolution!

>electric CUV Evo
>SUV eclipse
>CUV Nissan Z
>No manual transmission Supra
>Hybrid Mazda halo car
>No fiesta st or Mazdaspeed3
>new WRX will be self driving
>Hybrid MR2

Fuck this timeline

judging the WRX by the way that it looks is the #1 tell in spotting a jealous faggot

i hope that is real just so that my evo x will go up in value

No fucking way, after working in software for so long, will Elon Musk ever allow anyone to legally modify the software that runs the cars he builds. The only thing you can modify on a tesla you own are: wrapping and color, dash trim, and hubcaps. Hacked gen1 Tesla S will be more widespread i think in the next year or so, especially with depreciation and more models with expired warranties but with the same shitty battery, motors, and computer hardware there will be a limit on how much the software can improve performance.

And back on topic: Yamaha is trying to build a car again.

>18097328
>Not coupled to the drivetrain, just coupled to an alternator
>[minimal vibrations]
i dont wanna dance

Look at this sexy beast. Fucking look at it! It's got the Messiah for an engine and has fucking canopy windows and looks sexier than sex.
If they fuck this up between the show and the production line I will die. If they don't fuck it up, I'm buying one.

How is nobody else losing their minds over this fucking thing?