/dag/+/bwg/ - Dragon Age & Bioware General #1078

Maps! edition

News:
>the BSN now is gone forever (but there's a backup somewhere so it's not really gone)
>Tyranny and Andromeda are out
>Pillars of Eternity 2 Deadfire announced (romance confirmed)
>Cyberpunk 2077 likely out before June 2019
>Bioware's new IP- Anthem, set for fall 2018
>Divinity Original Sin 2 coming out on September 14
>Dragon Age: Knight Errant #2 comic is out

Sales:
Inquisition GOTY PC $19.99

NOTE:
>We occasionally discuss other, smaller RPGs that don't have their own generals. This does not mean we are /wrpg/

Dragon Age Stuff:
>Check THIS before asking questions:
pastebin.com/NtncZWPf
>DA:O Mods
pastebin.com/n4vGHHHd

>How do I import my save into DA:I?
>dragonagekeep.com
You can use this website to create your own DA World History by bringing over your choices from the previous games. You need an Origin account.

>Where is my Warden?
Backpacking in the Anderfels.

>/dag/ (incomplete) Art Archive
dagnaart.imgur.com

>/dag/ booru
dagna.booru.org/index.php

>Help me /dag/+/bwg/, I want to watch something!
youtu.be/oOlDewpCfZQ

Reminder that /dag/ is a friendly place!

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonage2/mods/3930/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do it for him, /dag/

Uhm, excuse you!

I didn't like Kieran's voice, but he seemed like a nice kid. Morrigan is a surprisingly good mother.

My Kieran was Loghain's spawn.

12/10 would force Loghain to admit he'd rather bone a corpse than Morrigan, again.

I never got to Inquisition with a Loghain Kieran. Does the dialogue change at all? I know you can ask Morrigan about his father.

nth for qt hahren

Best mommy!

She really is!

We already know Morrigan, Loghain, and Oghren, but what kind of parents do you think the other DAO companions would be?

Wynne would have been a great mother if the Circle hadn't fucked her over.

Zevran would be a horrible father, which is why my female dwarf noble always takes it up the ass from her husbando.

Despite Alistair being a horrible grey warden who didn't understand anything about what the order was actually about, he would probably be a good father.

If Sten ever assumed the job of raising Qunari children, he would fulfill his duties admirably (IIRC he might have to become a tranny to do it though).

Shale would accidentally kill her kids.

Dog would be a deadbeat dad and leave thousands of pregnant bitches all across Ferelden.

>not mentioning /our girl/

Hmm..

That's sad... Poor Loghain...

Sten seems like he'd be great with kids despite his disposition, like those big dogs who let their owner's toddler play with them.

I'm on the fence about Leliana as a mother. On the one hand, she turns out cold as fuck regardless of whether or not you harden her. On the other, any child of hers would probably have the best protection in all of Thedas.

Lel would take care of her child but would probably be aloof and distant.

They let Morrigan's VA (Claudia Black) bring in her own son to do the voice for Kieran. He was too young, I think, to voice a 10-year-old.

Yeah. It was a sweet thing for her to do, at least, even if it didn't really work in the character's favor.

>Zevran would be a horrible father, which is why my female dwarf noble always takes it up the ass from her husbando.
>Alistair a good father

I have nothing against Alistair, I think he's cool, but Zevran is actually shaped like the best dad in the group there. He isn't afraid of commitment and he even tells Shale that making kids can be a great deal of fun. He is also the only LI from DAO who stays with the Warden no matter what and he would pander and spoil his kids immensely. Just because he loves sex and his past is a mess, doesn't mean he wouldn't care for them, all the opposite.

If Maric and Cailan are anything to go by, Alistair would be the exact opposite. He either would be the funny, Peter Pan-like father that makes his children laugh but can't actually teach them anything worthwile, or the distant, "I don't know how to love you" kind of father like Maric was because the crown weighs on him too much.

Comfy /dag/ is nice. I like talking lore and theories, but it's good to take a break from being so deadly serious all the time.

Zevran would be a great father.

I don't think Alistair would be a bad father, necessarily, just not a stellar one. He's definitely the "fun dad" and I think he'd try very hard to raise them right, but as you said, he's not really the type to have any great wisdom to impart. Good moral fiber, maybe, but not any huge life lessons.

>mom, I'm tired, I don't want to read anymore, I want to go home
>shut up, petulant child! I'm jumpstarting your career so you can be a B grade actor, just like mommy

Alistair would be a piece of shit dad. Good thing he's sterile.

>mfw Alistair called the Warden Queen "the old chain and ball" in front of everyone in DA2 just a few years after their marriage

I've never been more glad to use my Warden/Zevran playthrough as my canon one for the series.

>letting Alistair live through DAO

You got what you deserved.

Why couldn't it be a daughter, sons are the worst.

Yeah, in my canon Warden/Zevran playthrough I recruited Loghain and told Alistair to go away if he didn't like it. I laughed out loud when I saw him getting drunk at the Hanging Man.

Why?

Because he's the Kwisatz Haderach. That's the big plot twist for DA4, it was Dune the whole time.

It seemed so out of character for him, really. In DAO he fawns over a romanced Warden and it's obvious how much he loves her.

>drunk Alistair

I prefer to make Alistair marry Loghain's daughter and live with Loghain as a warden, forcing Alistair to be miserable but actually take responsibility for his shit.

I thought he was joking.

That seemed way too cruel and he wouldn't be a good king anyway. Better leave Anora finally free to take all the glory for herself instead of doing all the work from behind the scenes while her inept husband takes the credit.

Even if Alistair is king in the Bioware canon, I feel like they want you to know he isn't very happy with it. In the comics he outright says he does it just because he feels he has a duty towards Ferelden and it's mentioned multiple times in DA:O how inexperienced and naive he would be.

Gaider's books also seem to confirm his fate, he basically relives his father's life: forced to take a throne he didn't really want and to make hard choices while saying goodbye to his freedom and every scrap of normalcy he ever knew. That's why he gets so serious and bitter in the comics and DAI, just like Maric.

same

might as well make that waste of space do something useful, while the warden fixes Thedas

Inverted towers like in Vir Dirthara.

When you put it that way, I feel bad for making him king. I want to think that having my Warden there with him made things easier, but that's pure headcanon.

Leli Ana would be a great mom regardless she is softened or not. You have seen her affection towards Nugs.

I think Solas would be a pretty cool dad too, once he forgets about his plans. He would turn into a soft, fuzzy wolf to help his child stop crying and tell them cute stories about the stuff he saw in the Fade.

Solas as a dad would probably be... odd. I'm not sure he'd really know how to interact with a very small child, but he'd probably do okay in the long run if his friendship with Cole is anything to go by.

It's actually probably a good thing that Trespasser takes place far out enough to eliminate any possibility of him getting Lavellan pregnant, though. If it happened before she stops him he'd be 100% fucked.

Solas only gave a shit about Cole because he has a hard on for spirits.

I meant the tone of their interactions. Solas is patient with Cole, probably as much as he gets with anyone other than a friendly Inquisitor, and he does come off as a little paternal in some of their conversations. I think that'd translate well to actually having kids.

>Alistair bullies

Alistair is a piece of shit, user.. we all know this.

The thought of dad!Solas makes me want to cry.

Alistair is a cheese-eating idiot, it is known.

Meredith did nothing wrong.

My Cousland's journey has ended. I will miss her.

Orsino did everything wrong.

Congratulations!

I can't wait for Eternal Hawke.

Why is that?

Are you playing DA2 after this? What kind of Hawke do you think you'll have?

Thanks! I wish she could have become an apprentice of the Architect, like Utha/Seranni, and together they would have gone in the search for the Cure to the Calling. Taking Leliana with them too, for a while.

Yes. I have heard that sarcastic Hawke is pretty good, so I am going to play as one! I need to mod my Dragon Age 2 before though. Any mod suggestions would be welcome.

Sarcastic Marian + Isabela = OTP

I like the small mods. Minor aesthetic changes to Hightown, modding in Anders's old hair, that kind of thing. There's also a nice mod to make Fenris look a little more haggard and slave-y.

Solas would be bad dad, just as Mythal is a bad mother.

Your Sara is cute!

>comparing Solas/Lavellan to Ame & Yuki
Don't you ever talk to me again.

Thanks user!

Solas would be a great dad. His children would be special as well.

Yeah right, pretty "special".

>tfw Solas will never ever impregnate you with beautiful dread puppies

nexusmods.com/dragonage2/mods/3930/?

This is the BEST mod to make your companions not ugly!

Not that user, but while I said he'd probably be an okay dad, I think it would take adjustment for him to get there. He'd definitely love his kids and it'd get easier over time, but I honestly think he'd be a nervous wreck at first because he's TERRIFIED of fucking up.

Your Sara is fugly but I want to ride your Scott like a pony!

We will see!

Thanks anons. That Unique Face Textures mod looks perfect.

What did he mean by this?

He meant "I am a degenerate"

I think that Sara looks fine. You really can't work much with Andromeda's CC, but I like what he came up with.

Please contain yourself!

Default Sara is very cute!

Yes! (;__;)

What is up with their socks? Why the toes are not covered?

She's got kind of a fish face, but that's endearing in its own way.

Because elves. Toeless socks are max comfy desu

>Toeglove socks are max comfy desu
ftfy

*slaps your Scott's ass*

That's it for now.

Slap me too! I am hungry!

Hungry for Leliana's femcock?

anons pls

What a slut

No!

>You will never get slapped by Leliana and her Nug simultaneously

Ew, no, I hate toeglove socks. They feel way too confining.

Are you as cute as your Scott?

all i see is that this mod makes everyone looks more bland, most of the original textures have more detail and personality

Don't ask me, I am not that user!

I am just going to use Isabela, Aveline, Tallis, Sebastian and the default familly (ignoring Bethany/Carver) morphs. They are an improvement over the vanilla in my opinion.

Anything would be an improvement over default Tallis.

This nerd.

I was just thinking of this comic. Haven't seen it in a while.

oh, Choa left AoA because of her depression and insomnia........

She is one of the prettiest Korean women I have ever seen.

I don't know what AoA is, but that's a shame. I hope she can work through it.

kpop group

it sounds like things have been rough for her, and she's the only one of the group that actually has vocal talent so that probably made things harder

I hope she can recover and can do something she finds more fulfilling and less taxing

umm I love Leliana too I guess!

Yes! And Leliana loves user!

Which user?

The ones who don't spam this thread with unrelated shit!

Hey!

Everyone!

Stop!

You shouldn't have posted one of the other good dads, Gereon is better than this.

Good parents in Thedas, no order:
Loghain
Gereon
Mae's Dad
Tabris' Dad
Morrigan
Anyone got some suggestions for good moms?

Look into the OP, there's recommended mods for DA2. I'd suggest being weary with Dalls' mods, they're... aesthetically questionable.