/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Jun 5] Luma 8.0 brings lots of features like screenshots, input redirection, a debugger and more. Updating to b9s is required. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v8.0

>Switch
[Jun 20] System update 3.0 has been released. PegaSwitch hasn't been patched, but other vulnerabilities have. twitter.com/daeken/status/876965449837293570 twitter.com/SciresM/status/877069524977106944

>DSi
[Jun 25] A new release is going to happen soon. twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/879047695230529537

>Vita
[Jun 15] An unstable beta version of Enso has been leaked. wololo.net/2017/06/15/ps-vita-hack-henkaku-enso-beta-allegedly-leaked-recommend-not-install/
-An official release is planned for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/
[Jun 6] HENkaku release 10 received an update. henkaku.xyz/changes
[Jun 6] Adrenaline 5 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Bi24iX0G
pastebin.com/qN0TQe2m
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
infinitydownloads.com/post2603.html
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/job/Luma3DS/
abgx.net/filename/?ch=5
nnmclub.to/forum/viewtopic.php?t=704695&start=15
mega.nz/#F!F7gkBBzB!F9YdQYn5Qupzm--h64MdWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the 3ds is for fags

Its been years since PS4 came out.. where is the fucking CFW?

Anything upcoming? Anything out? Has Sony finally learned to lock their shit down?

Why has Xbox never been easily modded like Nintendo and Sony?

nobody cares any more, it's not fun to hack

You did it man you forced to OP to be devoid of all useful information XD

Rate my 3DS game collection. Are you jealous?

You talking about the PS4 or Xbox?

I still want to play Lost Odyssey and their other Xbox exclusive RPG's

Sure thing

ps4

Haha read the pastebin reddit amirite XD

PS3 has been out for even longer and it's still impossible to pirate on a lot of them

There's simply not enough interest, hacking nintendo consoles is basically a meme at this point and people line up to exploit them every time, same can't be said about sony and microsoft consoles. Doesn't help that their security is better

Either you learn to read or you go back, that's how simple it is.

No, i bet you haven't even played a tenth of them.

It's okay, i bought a 64GB vita memory card thinking of all the games i was gonna play and all i have on it is muramasa and atelier.

Only super slim ps3's cant be modded, and I think you might with hardware mods still but idk. But most pps3's are moddable

A new low for /hbg/.

I heard you guys like to play Nintendo DS and struggle to find some Nintendo roms because emuparadise removed them, so here are links to download ALL DS roms ever released: pastebin.com/Bi24iX0G

And if that's not enough for you, here are romsets for a lot of of other consoles: pastebin.com/qN0TQe2m

Where can I down No More Heroes Paradise for the PS3?

All versions on PSNstuff PSNDL PS3ISO etc are the EU version which is censored. No one has the US version.

I would get Red Zone version of the game since it still has the English audio but idk if it has English subs for everything else.

Its over a gig larger in size but idk what extra content it has, might be from the JP audio files

>struggle to find some Nintendo roms
I was going to tell you that's not the case because we're better than that, but now that I've seen I'm not as sure anymore

>>>/emugen/ is that-a-way

Why would they remove DS roms? Still dont get why they dont add games for other consoles too.

ISO zone also made all their links so some shit tier file hosting with like 2gb daily limits unless you buy premium and they also removed all their Final Fantasy PS2 downloads.

Bullshit

>Why would they remove DS roms?
Nintendo made them do it.

Hey is it safe to update a pirated wii u game using the built in updater of the wii u?

How? Why did they wait so long? Why only DS and not N64 or Nes or Snes?

It's not the first time I'm pretty sure

What's the recommended DS flashcard nowadays that also works on a 3DS?
There's like millions of them with a lot being fakes etc. I lost the overview.

Ace 2ki, r4i Gold, DSTT

Asking once again since i was wondering

What if i just update up to b9s 1.0 and use luma 7.1 base instead of going up to 1.2 and fuck up everything?.

And if it is better to go for b9s 1.2, being a give that i should replace the luma from the guide from the one downloaded from astronaut isnt it?.. Would the latest legacy branch (commit 6b4c81b) from astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/ work or should i go for a particular one?

a9lh comfy zone

Thanks. Seems like the official acekard website doesn't exist anymore.
Any trustworthy resellers in Europe that you know, by chance?

You can use an updated version of 7.1 on 1.2. That information used to be in the OP.

if you don't have b9s, you should install 1.2

6b4c81b is fine

Is it safe to download a game straight from their servers?

Please someone link me to the nighlty that will make out of region games work I can't wait any longer, I searched the pastebin but it isn't there

Just downgrade to 7.1

Those DS links are weird

Part 1 to 6 then again but 1 to 7 then again 1 to 8 etc

Which ones do I use so I dont download the same thing?

Thanks user i actually have 2 one old3ds still in a9lh which i was planning to update and a new3ds which is already in b9s but in 1.0 luma 7.1 base.

I was planning to update the old3ds up to b9s 1.2 and luma commit 6b4c81b from astronaut. About the new3ds doing the same or keeping it as it is. So what do you think about the plan?.

Part 1-6 for the first 1000 roms, then Part 1-7 for roms 1001-2000 and so on.

the only (perceived) "fuck up everything" from installing 1.0 first then moving to 1.2 was caused by Luma devs. installing b9s 1.2 directly is recommended

TuxSH rushed the release of b9s 1.0 and Luma 7.1 which left a bug in how b9s handles .firm payloads. Luma 7.1 used the buggy code anyway.
when the bug was fixed in b9s 1.1, it caused Luma 7.1 to become unloadable so Luma had to update to 8.0
there was also a Quality of Life bug with b9s 1.1 related to the button combination required to dump bootroms.
that bug was fixed within hours and b9s 1.2 was released

it was later disclosed that the bug in b9s 1.0 has the potential to cause a (recoverable) brick

Does this include arcade content?

official Luma 7.1 shouldn't cause the known brick with b9s 1.0
as long as you keep that boot.firm and you don't want to use any features from Luma 8.0 it's safe to stay on b9s 1.0

also, if you need it reiterated: the 6b4c81b build of Luma 7.1 won't work on b9s 1.0

Try this (I didn't try cause I'm at work. Dunno if the link is still alive)

infinitydownloads.com/post2603.html

It's one of those forums where you have to join, and click "thanks" to see the download link. If the link is dead, and you still can't find the game online, your best bet probably is to try to buy it used at GameStop or something, rip the disc, then get a refund.

Dont suppose you have all the mediafire and mega links ready because I am a lazy redguard who doesnt want to go through each link and fuck with captchas and pick the best file hosts..

literally any of them from the past two weeks or the master branch astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/

this /should/ be the latest one jenkins.hakujou.fr/job/3DS/job/Luma3DS/

While my 3ds automatically runs the installed b9s and its settings, it has also been asking me if i want to update.

If i do the update, am i to assume it will brick the whole shebang?

That was interesting user. Adding to what this other user asked what if i already have 3ds that is in 1.0 b9s. Updating to 1.2 and going for the latest legacy branch from astronaut would be okay should i take some measures to avoid a brick while updating it?.

Thanks user, asking again since i preffer to ask retarded questions before having a brick for a console, then that means that the 6b4c81b will work fine with b9s 1.2 isnt it?.

It worked fuck me

Nice

Almost didnt try with that mexican place but it pulled through

Thanks user

8.1 FUCKING WHEN?!

hopefully never

It's just going to continue to be a huge disappointment that bricks your SD card when you try to take a screenshot.

wait so all I have to do is replace the boot.firm on the root of my sd card?

yes, thats how luma works.

Why does JKSM just give an "problem writing" error whenever I try to export a save? I get the same message no matter if it's a retail cart or digital. I'm 11.3 on b9s if that makes a difference.

Check your SD card

>Vita charger
>5V
>iPad charger
>5V
My Vita battery life won't be at risk right?

I've been out of the loop for vita hacking:
Did they ever fix the glitch where if you go to sleep mode, you sometimes can't save?

Updating is 100% safe on b9s. It is impossible for system updates to remove or otherwise break it.

I did, the saves aren't there.

Read and do the bit at the bottom of the Vita pastebin in the OP. It's been 'fixed' for many months that way.
Not much that can be done by Henkaku to fix it, though. It's something to do with how dumps are made and installed, I believe.

>do this
>launch bravely default for the sequel
>"an error has ocurred" on the home menu and it forces to restart
>same shit with never oasis

For the Sequel was JP, wasn't it? You may want to change the region the game sees the system as.

you mean to tell me the latest nightly doesn't do this automatically?

Thank you!

I don't think so. Make sure you have region emulation (or whatever it's called) turned on in luma's settings, if you'd already had a file set for that.

You're welcome. It's too bad that that's how that has to be done, though. But I've had that done for more than half a year now, and I haven't seen a single problem yet.

Oh I see I have to do this:

>Enable game patcher: Enables the following features:
The region/language emulation feature allows some games which need a specific language to be set to work, and DLCs for foreign games to load. To use it:
Create a folder named titles inside luma.
Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com) inside titles.
Create a file named locale.txt in the game's folder.
Inside the file,
Put 3 characters for the region ("JPN", "USA", "EUR", "AUS", "CHN", "KOR", "TWN").
Put an empty space.
Put 2 characters for the language ("JP", "EN", "FR", "DE", "IT", "ES", "ZH", "KO", "NL", "PT", "RU", "TW").
For example, to play Pokémon™ Y in Japanese language and region:
Create 0004000000055E00/locale.txt.
Put in JPN JP.
Save.

Please tell me luma 8.1 will make this automatic. don't want to do this for every single out of region game I have

it's not gonna do that

But I remember playing monhun XX without having to do this shit

Should have never updated desu

Luma 8 is shit, seriously.

>ALL DS roms ever released
>ends with 6001-6619

That's not even close to ALL.
>There are currently 8205 NDS Releases in the Database
abgx.net/filename/?ch=5

ROMs 0-6300 (165 GB) can be far easier torrented via
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:089C88EB3A44D3CA0532E7935205F9EAB3415D56
taken from
nnmclub.to/forum/viewtopic.php?t=704695&start=15

How do I use ISO's on a PS3?

I never encountered one before, just been using PKG's and folders I put in /GAMES/

Not sure what to do with this ISO. Can I extract it and get a folder to use instead?

>8k+ roms

Only about 40 titles I like l kek

Just download and install Luma Locale Switcher. Make sure you've opened the game once, then go into it, select the game, and select what region and language to set it to. Makes things far more simple, since it makes the txt files for you. Odds are, in the past, you did something like that, they were just in a slightly different form. I don't know whether the version in fbi's homebrew downloader is the most recent, though, so you should go grab it from its github.

based, will try this and report back

previous versions of luma were lazy about regions
you only needed locale.txt for out of region DLC

it seems like 8.0 will basically enforce nintendo's region locks unless you manually bypass them

also if this is the same user who actively chose to install Bravely Default for the Sequel instead of a US/EU cia with uncensored LayerdFS its his own fault

I'm confused. Every single thread I see people complaining about out of region games not working. I'm on stable version of Luma 8.0 and all of my jap games work fine without me having to do anything at all. What did everybody do that I didn't?

Same. I always figured that you needed the locale.txt for every version of luma for out of region dlc and shit.

You probably updated from your 3DS and got the nightly that fixed this, i did all the steps as well then i updated via the new luma updater and deleted the old one, MHXX and the jap DLC for senran kagura 2 still work in my console and i didn't have to manually patch shit.

It's only a selected few games and these didn't even work on Luma 7.1 A9LH. Out of region DLC will always require the region patching as well, it has always been this way. They just like to shit on the unfortunate release that 8.0 sadly was and still is. Oh, and are too lazy to update it manually, or too retarded.

Some out-of-region games worked fine because the system wasn't region-locked anymore. Some of them work, but some of the characters don't show up right, and you pretty much have to for dlc for them to work.

My 3DS is 11.2. And I never got a nightly for Luma because a bunch of people said that it was causing bricks or whatever.

Luma always patches out region checks from the console itself
Most games work fine because of this
Other games (like ever oasis) try to load region specific data and crash so you need locale.txt to fix this, this has nothing to do with the home menu's region checks

I have a Japanese New 3ds (8.1) with Gateway CFW. Is there a way for me to use Luma without having to buy a Japanese copy of Cubic Ninja?

Read. The. OP.
Your knowledge is way too out of date.

That doesn't stop Nintendo from banning your console. They don't even have to touch your cfw.

thats that old shit

>nintendo bans my 3ds
no wait they didn't because i'm not a retard who fell for the tranny cfw meme

And the post I was responding to wasn't asking anything even vaguely related to banning you fucking mong.

To allow for booting without an SD card all people have to do is write the boot.firm of a desired version of Luma to the CTR-NAND using FBI, correct? Maybe I'm just missing something but there are a few aspects of this that I can't make sense of.

1) One of the biggest reasons to desire booting without an SD card is to allow for booting and file access in emergency scenarios. One of these situations is where the 3DS' SD card slot dies, and to get around this I know people use homebrew apps to download and transfer files directly to/from the 3DS. But the system's only got like 1GB of internal storage so how do people even manage to play most games after this occurs? I remember people in this general requesting a custom version of the B9S installer (or something similar) that would accommodate people in this position but what's even the point when you have no memory to work with?

2) Put the memory constraints aside. Even if one were to boot Luma without an SD card, most people have only installed important apps like FBI or the File Transfer homebrew to the SD card right? How would these people get their system back up and running in this scenario without using an SD card?

>Didn't add the Switch devkit release to the Recent News
Here's a copypasta of the post from the last thread:

>Heya anons,

>I'm houhhoih, you might know me if you were on #switchdev THAT fatidic day
>Do I have some other boring documents to leak, you will say?
>I have better
>I have the whole Switch SDK!

>Here is the MEGA link
mega.nz/#F!F7gkBBzB!F9YdQYn5Qupzm--h64MdWQ
>Once the splitted file will be downloaded you must extract it to get "file"
>Then run this openssl command:
openssl enc -aes-256-cbc -d -K 44D43712E2450B6D4C076A419532C2E7B6F2376CE34D292F722F739FEE4D544F -iv 360F6D4E54893B56086297FD49893A09 -in file -out archive.zip

>Then extract archive.zip. Some documents are in there, but most importantly: the SDK megazarf! Install it with the included NDI. >Windows only ('cause Nintendo).

>Enjoy!

Link is dead

It's just for retards who start their 3DS without the SD card inside and think that it's broken because B9S/A9LH hacked system won't work without the loader.

I'm not sure FBI lets you get to the ctr-nand, but that's the basic concept, except usually using GodMode9.
As for why, outside of people being confused when their system boots without the SD card in, I think it's almost solely because it can be done, as opposed to any real reasons.
I suppose you could use it to run out-of-region game carts if your sd card had failed, but that's a bit niche.

>titlekeys.gq still not accessible over HTTPS

>still no rpg maker use

Happy to help. I actually never played the PS3 version of NMH, so I hope you enjoy it

Extract to get folders, then put the folder in /GAMES/

repair link. Anybody have mirror?