Supra soon, br/o/thers

Supra soon, br/o/thers.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/88119/toyota-supra-to-use-gazoo-racing-badge
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only one layer of fake body paneling left.

>bmw engines
>nu toyota
Not like any of us could afford it anyways

Speak for yourself poorfag

BMW has made some pretty great engines though

I hope toyota comes out with a new mr2 so history repeats itself and their shitbox is faster and more maneuverable than their halo car

Would be nice to have that as a actual paintjob

Any updates?
Manual?
V6 or I6? TT or Single?
BMW ENGINE OR TOYOTA?

i'd guess bmw TT i6

I can't fathom why toyota would put a bmw engine in what should be the halo car for their engine making skills

Probably the same reason they put a subaru engine in the frs

> implying their best engines weren't made by Yamaha
autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/88119/toyota-supra-to-use-gazoo-racing-badge

Weren't the 2jz and the 4age made by yamaha?
Nothing strange about them using another manufacturer's engines

Should I save up for the new supra or rx9?

the 86 was never supposed to be about the motor

I thought they only had marginal involvement, but maybe I'm wrong I don't know much about japanese cars

Every Toyota engine with "G" in it (such as the 3S-GE, 3S-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, 4A-GE, etc.) had their heads designed by Yamaha. To my knowledge, that is the extent of the Yamaha involvement in Toyota engines.

how much do you guys think one of these will cost?

Im about to start making around 60k a year, dont have kids or a wife yet so i can spend most of my money on being a carfag, i just dont want this to be just out of reach like a cayman s

>60k a year
before or after tax?

Previous Supra was an expensive car, and I expect no different from the new Supra
The Mk4 MSRP is 40k which is around 60k adjusted for inflation
I'm assuming 60-70k for the high trim 6 cylinder turbo model

RX9 is never coming user.

Nigger it's true, the EPA in the States and the EU will kill it with emissions laws.

Only the God Emperor Trump is gutting the epa as we speak.
Give it some time

>auto only
>likely plagued by the same design language with a super wide spindle style grille
>hybrid

after sir

well if you're ready to put one year of your income in a car why not
can't say it would be a smart decision though

I hope the base model is an NA 6cyl instead of a turbo 4cyl

i don't know why anybody would want a third piece of shit dorito mobile that blows up every 50k

>Gazoo Racing
They're replacing TRD with a fucking Gazoo?

what a stupid fucking name

They put a Boxer engine in the 86.

>Hey brah you seen that new Gazoo wing
I mean it's Finnish but fuck it sounds dumb.
We can call it Kazoo racing

>bmw engine
>2 liter
>inline 6
>only automatic

WHAT ARE YOU DOING TOYOTA?!!??!!??

It's silly but I like it.

see >the 86 was never supposed to be about the motor

It's a garbage car for a garbage price.

Calling it: these things will depreciate like rocks because no one will want them.

I hope someone buys one and 2JZ swaps it.

>same tuning potential but heavier and less fuel efficient
Iron blocks are dead, good riddance

As if some fucks aren't gonna 2jz swap it as soon as it pulls out of the lot

God it's ugly. It looks like something fell on the front and then it got rear-ended.

>Those tiny ass tires on the earlier prototypes

I'm concerned

“It would need to be front engined and rear wheel drive, but it would also have to be ‘cool’ and by that I mean low at the front. Yet all our Toyota engines are quite high and that would mean the car would have to have a high front end to pass pedestrian safety legislation, which wouldn’t be good for the aerodynamics, the looks or the ‘cool’. “It quickly became clear that we would need a flat-four cylinder or a rotary engine for such a ‘cool’ sports car. And by coincidence, Toyota and Subaru had just announced a collaboration deal." -GT86 chief engineer Tetsuya Tada

They succeeded. And then ruined what they had with the ugly 2017 reboot.

what the fuck it looks like a tc

>iron blocks are dead
>every semi truck in the world uses an iron block
>designed to go literally one million miles without an in-frame or rebuild

That's almost 3 round trips to the moon

pls be inline 6

This is not its final form right? The silhouette looks bulky compared to the sleek FT-1almost like a turd.

Was slanting an inline 4 not an option during the design process?

Still not as bad as what they did to the Toyota version. It looks like an angry ninja turtle.

this is marketing bs and you know it

post pic

>another overweight and ugly hybrid slushboxmobile
wow so excited

>To my knowledge, that is the extent of the Yamaha involvement in Toyota engines.

So what you're saying is that Yamaha did the design for the most important part of the engine? Because the head is what makes or breaks a good engine. Any wheezy piece of shit can have overbuilt bottom end that will take a retarded amount of boost and make a retarded amount of power, but a good cylinder head is what makes an engine truly good. A good head means you can make power with no turbo or make more power with a turbo at low boost than a comparable engine with poor flow. A good head makes the engine detonation resistant through good combustion chamber and port design promoting an efficient and uniform burn. A good head makes an able engine rev high with a well designed and lightweight valvetrain. The thing that separates a strong boat anchor from a genuinely great platform for modification is the cylinder head(s).

>Toyota is saying target weight is 1500kg
>will literally be the lightest Supra since the first gen
Don't pretend Supras haven't been historically pigfat, 3rd gens could approach almost 2 tons

>Don't pretend Supras haven't been historically pigfat, 3rd gens could approach almost 2 tons
I didn't say that. Ugly applies to the most recent generation of Supra, pigfat applies to the most recent 2 generations, and ugly overweight slushmobile applies to pretty much every current incarnation of an old name.

That's a 2016 though.

Now it's modern!

Twin hybrid 2JZ pls

Halo engine is sitting in the LC 500

>or a rotary
>they went with the boxer

this is literally the worst idea ever

>first the GTR
>then the NSX
>now the Supra
STOP REBOOTING THESE CARS AS ABORTIONS YOU FUCKING YELLOW NIP FUCKS

>currently one of the most reliable cars you can buy
Thank goodness

the R35 is great though

>v6

>v6
>auto

it's a good v6 at least

>double bubble roof
YES

Put like a 15k downpayment on it at least then do it.

that would drown the engine, so they'd have to design a totally new one from the ground up
not really feasible

New supra will be a targa top Lexus RC in hybrid and I6 flavors with the manumatic shifter from the GR HV.

RC is an abomination of IS and GS. Supra will be a new chassis shared with BMW

>is an abomination of IS and GS

Which DESU resulted in a really nice car. Waiting for someone to shove retarded boost into an RCF

>swap a newer, better engine for an older, worse engine because it's a meme
kek
The absolute state of supra fangirls.

It's almost as if they don't realize that recent BMW Turbo I6s are able to do a 2JZ's job better.

In b4 some dynofag tells me how the record for most powerful 2JZ is X higher than the most powerful N35 or whatever, ignorant of the fact that the 2JZ is twice the age so it has had more time to get fucked around with.

Rear is ugly afa, hope Z4 is better

Imagine this:

Pricing starts at 54k, loaded with options at 64k
Performance: Twin Turbo V6 producing 400bhp/410 torque

Would you?

make that an i6 and i'm all ears

where is the 1 meter toyota badge

>starts at 54k
I'd probably just buy a cheap Miata, wait until the last model year while saving up money, and get one CPO.

Tokyo motor show is happening right now and its just a EV, autonomous driving circle jerk. Nothing about mazda's new RX, nothing about the Z, and nothing about the Supra.

It will use a BMW I6, not a Yota V6 btw

>Pricing starts at 54k, loaded with options at 64k
>Performance: Twin Turbo V6 producing 400bhp/410 torque
Pricing will be in the M4 range. Mark my words.
Also IIRC they already said they're going to use an I6 not a V6. Not that it makes much difference; BMW's new turbo I6s sound worse than turbo V6s made by other companies. The new M3/4's exhaust note makes me wish a meteor would streak through the atmosphere and annihilate the car every time I hear it.

Ah forgot BMW was doing the engines... got a bit mixed up with Toyota and BMW working together.

But yeah, twin turbo inline 6 would probably be the engine design for the new Supra.

M4 pricing range with a Toyota badge? That is rather risky, if I'm being honest. An M4 tops out at around 80k and base is roughly 60k (mandatory options added, you can't say no). Why would anyone buy the Supra then?

>how to massively fuck up a nice design with as few changes as possible
Toyota's styling department deserves a reward for this

They're entire lineup is fucking hideous. Special props to the new Camry
>People will unironically defend this shit design

Good. I'm poor and I want one.

They're kinda stalled though. 2013s have been 12-18k for years now.

I like this Camry design , it looks great in person .

Boi I'm about to do the same thing. Probs $15k~ down.

This, I want to hate it because its a Camry but I just can't.

Looks like it got punched in the fucking mouth and it tried growing into the post-op surgery.

Ugh, that wannabe fastback is disgusting.

>Not like any of us could afford it anyways
Yeah, like you.

But then again, I don't want this. Someone tell me, since when was the last time Toyota made a car that was fast?

>get a rotary to pass pedestrian safery tests
>can't pass emission tests

Haha, wow... Like putting lipstick on a obese boar. It's like they're desperate in having at least someone in this world utter: "Hey dude, nice Camry!" What a joke.

>most powerful NA 4cyl right now and 300HP NA V6
At least the engines are good

The cylinder blocks in most cases were already Toyota, Yamaha completely developed the top end and with it the way power was developed.
>Because the head is what makes or breaks a good engine
This.

>M4 pricing range with a Toyota badge? That is rather risky, if I'm being honest. An M4 tops out at around 80k and base is roughly 60k (mandatory options added, you can't say no). Why would anyone buy the Supra then?
Toyota doesn't know how to do anything but make horrid looking luxury cars and boring shitboxes now, it's no odd thing that they'd bungle the Supra.

these pics look amazing. post more please

Nissan knows how to do it.

Just restart production of old sought after model put and put huge engine that loves being boosted in it.

What are you on about? It looks pretty good. And what's wrong with Camries? They're good cars mate