How bad is koreashit, really?

Strongly considering a '14 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T, since its basically an '18 Accord for half the price and less tech bullshit. People tell me to "avoid korean cars", but no one can actually articulate why, its always vague generalizations.

Convince me not to get one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/maUSstd_Uko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's just about as good as the quality of your pic, OP

They do their job as cheap shitbox well, just don't expect them to last 20 years. I'd probably rather buy an older jap/Western car over a Korean, personally

>avoid korean cars
That might have been true in the past but these day they're actually a viable option.

why would you want a boring ass midsize sedan?

I dunno, my aunt had a Hyundai something and the trannie blew up at 80k, then it was 6 weeks to get one shipped over. Don't buy anything from those garlic eaters

What goes on them?

Gookboxes are alright now, if a bit boring.

The Korean cars actually are awesome after 2013. They're not exciting by any means but for the price it's a pretty great value. However i may be biased but jap cars are the way to go in my opinion.

The Stinger will change that.

Korean cars are just cheap ripoffs of Japanese cars.

Wat?

What makes it any better than the genesis? They had one simple task of providing a manual option and they blew it

I have a rental Hyundai i20 right now.. Completely boring and seems like less power than my stock 99 Golf.
That said, it looks pretty good, is prob reliable/easy and cheap to fix and is very safe.
Also probably very fuel efficient

What are the first parts to break?

Weird. Almost every negative thing I hear about KIA or Hyundai comes from a woman owner.

My uncle has had multiple transmission issues on brand new Honda's so meh.

The engine usually. Think "metal bits left in the camshaft" levels of bad.

well, this friend of mine had an Accent and he made 300.000km with two oils changes, so...

Because I'm a 6'5 and like the sound of 270 hp stock in a $15k people mover

im looking to get a stinger Gt, All the reviews have it shitting on competition.

youtu.be/maUSstd_Uko

Not sure about Kia, but Toyota has expressed concerns over how well Hyundai is doing.
They might not be Toyota level quality yet, but if Toyota is worried about them as competition.

Hyundai actually makes industrial equipment as well. I'd trust Hyundai before a Kia.

K illed
I n
A merica

I don't get it Veeky Forums. Help me understand why Veeky Forums is fucking full of morons who
>Bitching about cvt
>hue hue honda design sucks
>nissan is shit
>No fun sedans

Hyundai
>Offers automatics/dct
>Funish sedans with the sport

wtf

I'm pretty sure that's how most of them are treated, Which is pretty impressive compared to the average Toyota that gets new oil every 5k miles. That's probably also why people need engine replacements after 50k miles.

Kia makes military trucks

Honda is just now making a ~270hp 2.0t full-size sedan and got mad critical praise, Hyundai did it accidentally 4 years ago.

I don't really get how people think Korean cars are doomed to forever be bad. They didn't have the head start jap/american/German manufacturers did, of course they had a rough start. It's not like they can't hire talented engineers and managers, and make progress over time.

I've found the transmission or clutch in a manual is the first umdrivable failure. Beyond that, the paint always seems to go shit pretty quickly and the interior falls apart. I have never owned one personally tho so I'm probably not the one to ask

>I'd trust Hyundai before a Kia.
its the same company

you're 30% correct.

it's because hyundai is going in hard on emerging markets and undercutting toyota in developed markets, exactly what toyota did decades ago to western car companies

>Gook shills are still trying to convince people to buy their unoriginal trash

tenth post best post

buy an ls430 for 10k cash.

>talking shit

>while shitsubishit, cuckmode Toyota and punished Mazda exist

>punished Mazda
what does this even mean

4 (going on 5) sizes of SUV/crossover, no mazdaspeed and a 174 hp full-size sedan.

Mazda may give lip service on being for the driver and all, but right now it's slow boring crossover hell.

I test drove a 2010 hyundai i30 with 20k miles on it, clutch was stuffed in it and the engine was ticking.

Buy a mazda instead, Honda isn't good anymore, They dominated the 90s but Mazda is dominating the 10's

How exactly is Mazda dominating?

I mean in actual production cars, not press releases and concepts

My dad has had three Korean crossovers (why) with no issues. My sister has had one Kia Optima that blew the fuck up because of metal shavings. Their warranty covered that pretty well, but that's some serious quality control shitfest. Coworker's wife has a 2.0T Sonata that's been problem free for about 100k miles, aside from burning through tires. Gen Coupes seem to be reliable after 13. Owners run them over 100k with no atypical problems if the service intervals are met.

If you're going to buy relatively new and keep it for less than 5 years, you'll be good. Probably don't get the Kia Optima though.

who is paying you to be this assblasted over hyundai/kia's success?
because shit posting 24/7 surely can't be a hobby of yours

>Kia Optima that blew the fuck up because of metal shavings
I kept hearing about this so I had to look it up:

>1.2 million cars recalled
jesus christ hyundai
>During machining of the engine crankshaft and crankpins, metal shavings may have been left within the crankshaft oil passages, and the crankpins themselves may be too rough on the edges. As a result, oil may be blocked and cause the connecting rod bearings to wear, which would then cause them to fail and seize the whole engine
>2013–2014 Hyundai Sonata
>2013–2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
>2011–2013 Kia Sportage
>2011–2014 Kia Optima
>2012–2014 Kia Sorento
>Engines: 2.0L turbocharged, 2.4L

>Owners run them over 100k with no atypical problems if the service intervals are met.

Sounds like the average Chrysler to me

Owned an Accent for a few years now. Veeky Forums hates everything that doesn't have a 1JZ in it

not the guy you responded to but u gay nigga

DAEWOO
A
E
W
O
O

From past experience they mostly have shit gearboxes and/or shit clutches typical example the old picanto the clutch feels like a switch or the gearbox of the accent in which you can't tell what gear you are in
>Worked at a rental car company trust me I know about shitboxes

Because mazdas are actually reliable and beautiful.
New hondas are massive turds and constantly back in the dealer with t. Tech

I just bought a 2016 Sonata 2.4 as a daily driver. I can't for the life of my figure out why people hate Korean cars. It's more comfortable than the rest of the competition save for the Fusion and Altima. Interior is solid, seats are comfortable, materials feel borderline premium, rides nicely, actually handles well, and I'm beating the factory 0-60 at 7.8 in sport mode with the manual shift enabled. I'm getting around 27mpg in predominantly city driving as well. I've only put 530 miles on it so far so can't really report any long term claims, it for now definitely feels like the best bang for your buck in the industry.

This guy that gets his oil changed told us the reason his engine looks so new is because it completely blew up on him just before his warranty expired. They did put a new engine in for him though, so there's that.

There was justification to hate them in the past. It takes a long time to improve brand image. Right now we're at the stage where people just parrot shit without having much personal experience with their new products. Not sure why Kia hasn't tried to rebrand like Genesis did for its higher line of cars.

We'll be repeating this situation in 20-25 years with Chinese cars.

>Korean cars are just cheap ripoffs of Japanese cars.
Back in the day, they said Jap cars were rip-offs of American cars. And in twenty years, your kids will be saying Chinese cars are ripoffs of Korean cars.

Worked for Enterprise rent a fail/car back in college for a few years and at first both Kia and Hyundai were a pain to drive. Kia seemed to shake, rattle and had transmission problems on a regular basis especially when people were taking them to highway speeds. Then Kia moved to a new generation of vehicles and much of their early problems went away. They still have/had issues but not as many these days. Hyundai had transmission and engine problems as well but also fell into the category of being incredibly boring in appearance. Then like Kia they went to a new model generation and much more like able. It gotten to a point where we had more problems with Chevy's HHR and those fucking cobalts. However, that said their first generations of vehicles left a lasting impression, one that wasn't exactly good, which is now being redone.

The one in looking at is one of those...

Thanks for the heads up, user. I'm gonna ask the dealership to repair it before I get it