At what point is a cars natural death? i dont mean accidents and you can always fix everything that goes wrong with car

At what point is a cars natural death? i dont mean accidents and you can always fix everything that goes wrong with car.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus#Original_example
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when the frame rots away and it falls apart

Death only refers to something that has living tissue, Car have none.

A car cannot die.

Depends on how much of a pain in the ass you are. As long as the car has at least a partially intact frame, you can always rebuild it.
For most people, the end will come when the engine or transmission is toast and the cost or effort involved in replacing it just isnt worth the trouble. At that point the car is usually sold to a local junk yard and scrapped, or sent to a pick-n-pull and the carcass is scavenged by other people trying to keep their shitboxes on the road

Go onto YouTube and see if you can find death of a Volvo like parts 1 through 7 or something.

Basically it's an old white Volvo sedan that won't die and some guy starting it and doing circles in a field year after year as it's made into a convertible then finally covered in like 20 feet of snow.

There may be more since, I haven't checked.

For most people probably when their head gasket is toast

At that point you can still keep topping the fluids daily

When it's not cool enough for even the weird niche fuckers to rescue.

only correct answer

POOJET LEAVE

its usually gets to a point where you can get a better car for a little more than the cost of repairing your current car

when gm buys the brand

Depends on what you mean by death.

Financial death? Sure.

It's a point on a line where the y-axis is how much you spend on repairs per year, the x-axis is your salary, and the variable is how much patience/attachment you have with the car

i hate that argument, that's only true if you're looking at a car as an investment or whatever. You put money into a car It's still going to be cheaper in the long run to keep fixing an old car if it's a reasonably reliable shitbox. My coworker still drives a 90s Camry even with the CEL permanently on.

I understand why people might be turned off by going through a $500 repair/maintenance for a car that's only worth $500, but it's a tool first and foremost, not a house.

Unless it loses the ability to move under its own power because of it.

When a female or minority drives it.

Technically doesn't exist.
Realistically it's when it doesn't make sense to keep it going financially.

When the battery don't charge no more.

This.

You can literally replace anything in a car except for it's chassis.

If the thing has too much rust and cracks on tension points, you can scrap it because it will never be the same again.

when you replace so many parts it becomes a different car
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_of_Theseus#Original_example
also this
or when the owner gives up or dies

Not really sure if it's a good idea to drop 26 250lb bombs from a bus but other than that; awesome warbus.

its a sunk cost at that point
but its not like new cars are any cheaper or more reliable