/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got the best harem of them all
>App 1.14, Regulation 1.35 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/3044845282383816896

>READ ME BEFORE POSTING, IF YOU'RE NEW
pastebin.com/Txe190aw

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub
>Full Soundtrack
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B66vvDQ_rAMyS29wdTR6ajZsczQ

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>Fist builds will never be viable

Champions ring in dks2

>DS2
No one plays that trash.

>dks2
lol
LOL
ahahahahahaha no

>implying back of your head is not visible

How's Miyazaki's cock taste?

salty

Everything remains the same but you can now optionally also use bloodstains like bloody graves from nioh,

Y/N?

The wiki says infusion affects the damage increased by the hornet ring. Is that true? I've seen people use sharp weapons for ripostes before. Is there a reason for that?

Do Onikiri and Ubadachi suck now or am I using them wrong? At 40 dex sharp they only get like 390 AR

They're still pretty good, you want to use them at 40/40 uninfused though or 80 Dex Sharp. The L2 still has decent hyperarmor if you stack poise so you should use it like a katana greatsword, baiting trades into the L2 for massive damage.

Well some weapons have a higher crit rating but also sharp weapons are generally the best weapons in the game.

I'm playing a memey 40/60 dex/tfh build. Should I chuck a lightning gem on em or nah?

Onislayer has a really high damage modifier, too.

I mean, it's not something you should spam, which is what 95% of 2kat players do, but it's a great finisher if you see somebody start to back off for a sip.

But get what out of it?
Souls? Gear? Another type of currency?

I didn't used to think there was that many bonfires in DaS3, but then I got to Grand Archives. I can literally see the fucking Dragonslayer Armor bonfire from the Grand Archives one.

Bonfires in DS3 are like Macca's in America, in that regard

>I didn't used to

YOU GOTTA FUCKING GO TO 80
HAHAHA WHO THE FUCK HAS TIME TO HIT 80 ANYTHING?

That's just a consistancy thing, it doesn't really affect gameplay. Shit like Central Irithyll/Church of Yorshka bonfire, or the Keep Ruin bonfire, were just straight up bad gameplay decisions though.

Just souls. Mainly for fun/practice. It could maybe have a chance to give you an estus back, that way if you can beat the AI without taking much damage you get a net gain.

I never really paid any attention to it before.

>Ds2
Hahah

SotFS was my first Souls experience and I legitimately enjoyed it

Caestus was pretty good once upon a time in 3. Had a pretty wicked combo. Then it got patched.

Unless you mean bare hands, in which case that will just never happen ever.

Despite what this general may say, Dark Souls 2 isn't a bad game, it's just the worst Souls game.

>Put in Crow Talons
>They're fucking useless
Fists are so much fun, but god damn why even bother having them.

DS2 is my favorite Souls game.

>install DSFix
>game just minimizes itself constantly
What the fuck am I doing wrong?

If i'm 150 am i too high to get summoned as a Spear? Because in an hour i only got summoned once. Maybe there's a period of time where more people appear? It's just weird because i could invade quickly.

Also outside SoC what boss is populated at my level?

Is Quakestone Hammer worth using at all when Heavy Great Mace, Bordt's and Spiked Mace exist?
More specifically, is the weapon art good?

So what's the princess dress of dark souls?

It's good for a great hammer, the WA is good for offensive purposes since it's perseverance while actually attacking. It's also one of the lighter Great Hammers.

That's the only one that really bothered me personally, but even that oversight is kind of understandable. You always get a new bonfire when you kill a boss, and you almost always get a new one when you start a new area. And the Grand Archives bonfire is the only one in the area because the area is built so heavily around shortcuts.

I get the feeling that Grand Archives was designed somewhat in a vacuum and was placed where it was in the game world rather late in development.

What about the first two undead settlement bonfires?

you forgot "fuck pc gaming"

explain

Foot of the High Wall bonfire could probably be done away with. Vordt's bonfire to Undead Settlement bonfire is already pretty short in terms of distance, but the cutscene that actually takes you to the Settlement and the portcullis with the dogs both eat up enough time to be annoying.

The dogs themselves are enough of a threat to newer players on NG with relatively low amount of Estus they have at the time that I think the Undead Settlement bonfire would still be warranted. Not to mention ease of access when warping.

For 3? Fallen K***ht, 100%

i'm surprised if I have to wait for more than a minute or so for Nameless King, Frieda, Demon Prince , Twin Princes or Gael at SL150

What build is Gael's best with? Quality? Str?

Quality, Pure STR is getting minuscule returns in dmg points.

FORTY FORTY with some poise on the side. Just Press R1 some times and be ready to press L2 right after.

Quality.

You know you can skip the cutscene, right?

two questions

Im sl70 +7 and aldrich invades are pretty slow. Did I level a little too much or is aldrich just a bit dead?

Also, for a 45/45 dark spell build, whats the best staff for casting blue magic?

I must have been killed about 10 times on Taurus Demon.

I'm thinking about giving up.

Yeah, but that doesn't make it not annoying if you're a scrub who gets murdered by the dogs.

What weapon are you using my man

this legit or a troll edit?

Shortsword.

tarkus PCFCBF whens the next FC

Well if you're bad you could always climb the ladder and plunge attack him

It's the current tier list with a funny filename so it is as far as legitimate means.

Is that one move where you guy slides on the floor with his sword the most autistic move ever in a game?

What weapons should I be using?

Does anyone have an Archdeacon's Great Staff they don't need on ps4? I Don't like invading.

>tfw I just invaded a BR using that shit
I was being hit from the other side of the fucking map a minute after the damn move animation ended

Remember:
Always point down at waifu fags with mage builds

I wish daggers were more viable.

Like I can win fights with them but I have to try sooooooo harrddddd

Yeah, either that or *unsheathes katana*

I tried that. But then I try throwing Firebombs at him.

How do I get back up the ladder without him hitting me?

Daggers and fists/claws. They were so shit in 1, SO GOOD IN 2, and then mediocre in 3.

I miss pre-nerf powerstanced mundane daggers

Stop asking us to hold your hand. Keep fighting him and dying over and over until you figure it out otherwise you'll never be competent.

A weapon with elemental damage granted either through innate presence or elemental infusion will deal a shitload of critical damage. Something about how both damage types get multiplied before being affected by the flat damage reduction.

It doesn't apply to elemental damage granted through buffs though.

Elemental infusions only benefit up to 40 in a stat. This applies to Blessed as well.

Forget it. I'll never be good at Dark Souls.

I might as well quit.

Yes, it absolutely is, and fags that just spam it over and over again are the worst. It's normally pretty easy to deal with, roll backwards and R1 behind you, but there is any latency at all it has the most retarded phantom range.

The only thing I ever see Farronfags do is just run up and spin over and over. No other attacks.

You lure him away from the ladder, then you run back to the ladder and climb up.

You don't even need more than that first plunge attack anyways. You're already shaving off a full third of his health for free, and you want more?

>Letting a game people can complete without getting hit beat you
Come on now bro, level your weapons, level your character, stop having emotions, just dodge and hit him.

If you can't overcome a little adversity to earn your sense of fulfilment, how do you ever expect to get anything worthwhile out of life?

Might as well just kill yourself.

I'm at level 7 right now.

If your stats are leaning Str, the Battle Axe is probably the best weapon to be using now (unless your stats are high enough to 2h the Zwei). If you're leaning Dex, you have a few options, the best of which are probably the Spear/Winged Spear and the Uchigatana if you're willing to murder the merchant. If they're more equal, the Longsword.

Longsword and Battle Axe drop from hollows that wield them. Spear does as well, or you can buy it from the Merchant. Winged Spear and Zweihander can be looted from the graveyard, which means you should be prepared for a suicide run if you want them.

But what if I'm just no good at Dark Souls?

>Come on now bro, level your weapons, level your character, stop having emotions, just dodge and hit him.
That doesn't help with latency and meta bullshit. I fucking love fist/claw weapons, but using them is basically suicide.

Then fuck off.

What does it mean when doors fog out for 5+ minutes and nothing happens

Is someone from Australia trying to invade me?

Fucking leave already you stupid faggot.

You've been at it since the last thread and I dont give a shit if you make it past the demon.

Shut up and keep playing or just quit, you moron. Stop asking about every single thing you could/can do.

You might as well watch a video or read a guide. I fucking hate you. Fuck you.

Nothing worth having is handed to you on a silver plate. If you aren't good, get good.

bye

you'll never get anywhere if you just quit like that

re-asking

I mostly just want to know about the staff thing desu

>tfw no Bone Fist in DaS3

I don't understand. DaS2 made a lot of retarded design decisions, yes, but there were many parts that were genuinely good and could have been easily carried over but weren't. DaS2's weapons and infusions were vastly better than DaS3's, and would have been even better in DaS3's improved engine. Bonfire Ascetics. Hollowing mechanic. The attunement system.

And then they just dropped it all like it was red hot and made a bastard hybrid of Bloodborne and DaS instead, rather than culminating the third and final entry into the trilogy with all the best parts of the previous two mixed in and the worst parts discarded.

"Patrick? You alright?, dinner reservations didn't go so well?"

Literally just use Gold resin and plunge attack him.

>Hollowing mechanic
Kill yourself if you think that was good.

>people actually willingly go to 99 Hollowing instead of reveritng that shit
are you making a Luck/Bleed build?
No?
Then get rid of that shit you pruney fucker.

We could do it right now if there's interest.

Anyone up for a FC?

If you're PvEing, spending 4500 souls every few deaths for Purging Stones adds up.

no fuck you

c a s u a l

you bet

70 is about right for aldrich, assuming you did no farming and just went through the game i think that's basically the level i was at.

i don't know shit about spell casting im just a fuckin katana user in rags.

sure

At 45 Int on a regular mage build I think I was using the Sorcerer's Staff but it might be worth it to see how its spell buff compares to the Izalith Staff or the Crystal Chime.

>got to aldrich at 58

Did I do something wrong or are you saying 70 if you pop every single soul you found.

PC SL 108 PW: dsg
Snowy Mountain Pass bonfire
Need help clearing the area

how to make the eyes less asian?