Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #884
Dual Head Pats edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.xml
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Manual Installation (For masochists, not recommended): pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Cards [Database]:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
Recommended Mods Guide: pastebin.com/JNi75PCi
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!sCRFzKZB!YS_u-ws4Rx3eNC1cGitMzzAmO2HT-bKrLh1PxVHVd1A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

harsh a cute who did nothing wrong.

Joyful a best. Death to those who disagree.

I know this meme has been going on for a while, but seriously, they're just personalities.

I bet you've never made a cute girl in your life

They are not just personalities, they are characters with their own personality, dreams and ambitions. He might be saying joyful, the other guy might be saying harsh, but in reality they are both talking about a very special joyful and harsh.

Not according to this place, no. I think they're cute though.

Nevertheless, a girl is more than simply the personality which mostly just defines what the voice sounds like.

>Not according to this place, no
you're so obvious

You guys didn't like my stuff, never have. Doubt it'll ever change.

There's no "you guys". You're not talking to a hivemind.

I'm trying to reinstall the game, but I'm getting this error in moon runes. What do?

i like your stuff just fine user

Yeah, no shit? That doesn't mean you can't all share an opinion you parroting autist.

>Being a contrarian

whens the next pastebin?

Definitely thinking of someone else.

I should add, that I tried copy/pasting the window, but it won't let me. It just makes the error noise.

I'm the one that made a 2B, here she is, user.
I didn't give up yet, I had no idea how the body tab worked but now that there is a guide I'll work more on her.

mega.nz/#!sCRFzKZB!YS_u-ws4Rx3eNC1cGitMzzAmO2HT-bKrLh1PxVHVd1A

Different user, but I like it, I think she looks good. Good job.

aa3 when

2020 or 2021, I bet.

Less brazen faggotry and more girls, pls.

You google search Error 1305, because that's a Windows error, not an AA2 error.

Click on the window and press ctrl+c. Then go to Google Translate, set it to Japanese -> English, and ctrl+v. Though like said, it's probably a Windows error and not a game error, but you can always check.

The copy/paste thing doesn't work in that message window as I recall.

I'm the user that thought you gave up, good on you
Huh. Well, if you've () got a phone lying around, I think the app can translate from pictures.

It won't let me copy/paste the window. That's the first thing I tried before making the post.

The error is apparently a failure to read the file. I tried extracting the file from the disc image, and now 7zip is giving me an "Incorrect Function" error, so I'm guessing the image is corrupted.

You can avoid these problems and more by getting the preinstall like we advise people to do.

Thanks.

Card making can get a bit hard, I'm thankful for guideanon. The general is also really helpful too.

Who is guideanon?

>when
that is questionable.

>It won't let me copy/paste the window.
>JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

I'm pretty sure Illusion is on the verge of bankruptcy if they're selling DLC for $70

That's normal price for an illusion DLC. I think AA2 expansions were more expensive than that, and they did exist in DLC form.

Either HS is doing extremely well or there is something wrong. They haven't even announced a new game.

HS is doing extremely well.

The user that's making the AAU guides, I guess.

how do i turn a metasequoia/.mqo file back into a file i can use for aa2? I just completed Mari's hair piece that i think will suffice enough for her hair.

More Position when

You drag the mqo file onto SB3U and begin the import process.

Drag the file to where the mesh is located and press OK. There might be other stuff you have to adjust but I don't know much about that since I just work with static props. Make sure to set Normals in the Meshes tab when you're done, I guess? Don't know

i opened it in sb3u but there isn't an import button anywhere visible.

>button anywhere visible
What kind of button are you looking for user? Why would you make a post not saying what kind of button you are looking for?

See what I did there? Just like you I also only read the second part of the post I replied to

Double headpats? That's too much power for one picture to have!

Just got this game setup. Is it normal to be told to stop every time I say anything to anyone? What am I doing wrong?

That's entirely normal if you haven't read the FAQ.

>What am I doing wrong?
not reading the faq my dude

I need to learn 3D modelling. Someone teach me 3D modelling in Meta.

Turns out I had the locale emulator setup wrong. We good now.

"Error parsing object A00_O_kamiZ[0]: Face 4800 in mesh object A00_O_kamiZ[0] has more than 3 vertices. Triangulate the meshes"

Step 1. Learn to appreciate the beauty of boxes and box-like objects

Well, I need cones.

Your crops have faces that have 4 or more verts. SB3U can only work with triangles. Triangulate your meshes in your program, which is a button you have to find.

Wow, that's weird. I mean, that does happen, but it shouldn't if you're just editing an existing hair. In the corner, go from Beginner to Modeling (String or Icon, either work) and then select everything and go to Selected, then Triangulate. It should work then. Not sure how it happened in the first place if you hadn't added any new faces, though.

i actually did add a few faces within it, i got nervous seeing how it looked empty after i moved it around a lot and deleted a few faces to get it to move in the direction i wanted it to.

Luckily for you, the cone is also an existing primitive. As for how to round it, maybe chipping the end off and putting on a smaller, shorter cone?

On paper I start with a cone, cut it width-wise, then adjust the point, then repeat those 2 steps to get the slope I want.

The game has been out for years and no one has been able to fix the the game from crashing while a browser is open. Is it impossible to fix, or has no one tried to fix it?

A fix has been out for a whole user.

i'm not getting any error messages now, but i'm not getting any prompts to say okay to either.

That's been fixed for a very very long time and if you had the preinstall it wouldn't be happening.

wait hold on, i think i did something to get the ok prompt now

Is that Type Moon guy still here? Cause there's no mods in the mega.

There's like 4 people who have made type moon characters and "the mega" doesn't mean anything. State your question clearly.

i overshot this horrendously, aau should be able to position it correctly eventually though right?

Well, the scary bone part was easy so that's good. Texturing and sizing get to be the brunt of the work.

Looks like you need to recalculate your normals. AAU can move it if that's all there is in that mesh, same as you were trying to do before, but if you're already modelling then moving it in the 3D space may be easier.

and by position correctly, i meant to say aau should be able to fix its positioning right?

The guy who made Medb recently, like last thread.

He has a modcard in his mega. Is this your first time using AAU cards?

yeah it is, just started playing again after 8 ish months

Why model when you can just steal assets?

Because Kae only exists in 2D in any respectable form. My last experiments with 2D in AA2 were informative, but not my intent here.

card?

>I FEEL THE WARP OVERTAKING ME
>IT IS A GOOD PAIN

This game needs a chuuni personality, for girls.

aloof

handsome

Handsome isn't chuuni at all.

>want hs to do well so illusion can have money to make the next game
>if hs does too well they will know what people want the most of and make more of it
Im conflicted.

fuck 'em

user, do you really think for a second any of us here could affect what Illusion thinks of AA2?

Just focus on what's here, learn what you can, and maybe, just maybe, the real aa3 is inside of us.

Maybe we just have to make AA3 ourselves, huh?

that mari isn't that good

i believe it's wip

is it because of the hair piece or because of the color of her hair, highlight, and so on?

The hair color, skin color, eyes etc. I'm glad you're putting effort into something you initially asked others to do for you but it looks so bad despite you working on her for a few days.

even a work in progress will be better-received if it is made presentable, see

Dark

>learn more about modeling from a hentai general than school

Never doubt the power of doing things for fun on your own time.

the requester is not making that card. he has yet to put any effort into anything other than the hair pieces either. the current face sliders are practically default so it looks like he's doing that whole bit last.

something i asked other people to do for me? what are you smoking, i'm doing this because some random user asked for her and i asked other people to help me make her.

and i said this before, form first, then aesthetics. and since i just got done getting this hair piece done for her, now i'm going to touch up on her colors.

>form first, then aesthetics
there's a lot of value in making the modless version first so consider flipping that in the future.

Cute! Who is she?

that requester didn't do anything, i changed the position the braid is in, i edited the side hair piece in metaseq, all that requester did is provide me the (you)'s i need to stay encouraged.

that's what i said

i apologize, i read over what you said and the wording just clicked

she's a Ririchiyo clone.

Aw, her story sounds a bit sad. She seems like she could use a good hug, but likely wouldn't accept one.

What programs you guys use to make these? Thought about getting into it. Im a complete noob, but like to think i could work hard to achieve a perfect waifu for me

The program is metasequoia, i started on it yesterday and managed to make a passable mari hairpiece.