Cars used to look so simple and nice

Cars used to look so simple and nice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1oB2EDu5XA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Definitely can say this about the NSX
Old one: simple, clean lines
New one: beak, """jewel-eye""" headlights, hunkered down

Now it's just a vomit stain of edges, creases, weird proportions, chrome, black accents, and RRRAAAAAAAAAHHH IM SO FUCKING ANGRRRRYYYYYY fascias

You know who else says that? my Grand Father. time to go back to sleep pops, your time has passed.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

hey bro you want a design job at honda? i think you really got what it takes.

Not all new cars look like shit. But most do. Blame pedestrians

Why did Toyota have to ruin one of the last good looking cars left? Look at this ugly piece of shit, they barely did anything to it but the effects are horrendous

This just in: leaked photographs of the all-new 2019 Toyota BRZ.

The GT86/BRZ/FRS could have been the cleanest modern design out there if they had resisted the urge to give it GRRRRRRR ANGERY HEADLIGHTS and an autistic rear end treatment

Fake news, the windows are too big for a modern car

I literally thought that was a camaro

holy shit, you are right

What's wrong with the rear end?

>triangle

>Ugliest front of all preludes

What do you think of this?

Reminder that we're living in a 1980s revival period with Trump as president. Embrace the excess.

t-t-t-t-take it back!!!

lol jk i also think the 3rd gen 'lude is the best

holy shit those tires look pathetic, how can you make such an aggressive design with such small cuck tires

MAGA

I'm waiting for the OEM DOHC TURBOCHARGED banners to come back. Then we'll reach peak excess.

>"Excess" what do you mean??

Like when the economy is so good everyone is buying sports cars and houses and blow??

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1oB2EDu5XA

Still ugly

I'm a Toyota fanboi but they're fucking stupid. The BRZ looks 100X better and the Scion was on par with the BRZ.
Why Toyota gave it this weird curvy mouth, I have no idea. The designer and management that let this go through should all be shot. I still love Toyota but holy shit they're styling department has fallen off the grid. Just look at all the Lexus cars as well. The only half decent looking Toyotas are the cheapest ones because they didn't try anything fancy with the damn design!

RARGH I'M AN ANGRY SLUG

Turbo banners won't come back.
They were a marketing tool back when no one knew what a turbo was and everyone just thought turbo meant fast like a turbo boost button on a cheap GameStop controller.
No that they're mainstream they could have them on half the cars we see and it's just not special anymore. Maybe it will make a comeback with Freevalve though? I want to see side banners like the turbo banners for new high tech power making features.

>how do we reach the youth market after scion's failure
>5 more horsepower and TEETH

Cars used to look sleek

Back in those days, you'd call that a boring bar of soap. Everything looks novel retrospectively.

I just wished the hoods didnt bulge up so much and we could see out windows. I'd appreciate that much for real safety value.

From what I heard, the original design of the GT86 was done by one of Toyota's most seasoned car designers. I think he had done other well known cars, but I can't remember what. The GT86 was pretty much the last car he designed before retirement.

The refreshed 86 on the other hand was done by the same 'young' guys that do a lot of the newer Lexus design.

The original GT86 is classy is fuck. Hard to improve on that design.

Fuck those retards who ruined one of the only simple modern design with GRRR TEETH

>I will never own a 1985 Honda Today
why go on

i can finally use this meme to the fullest extent

Interesting.

What Veeky Forums finds a good design is what normies call "boring".
Sadly normies are where the big selling numbers are at.

For me the W124 is one of the peaks of car design

These used to be 90% of all Taxis over here 10 years ago, I don't believe I've seen more than a handful as private cars and it's always colored my perception of them.

The W124 really is a beauty but the coupé looks very awkward. The rear is way too long

this is height of design btw

Normies only care about the flashy details and don't look at the actual design. That's why modern cars are so fucking edgy and have millions of sharp corners to look aggressive, and that's what normies like. Pic related, I think this is regardless of the edginess and the sharp corners a very well working modern design. For a crossover at least.

Big Mercedes coupes are my fetish.

The C126 is a much better working design than the C124 imo. The front is powerful enough looking to contrast the big rear, unlike on the 124 where the front is quite understated.

>tfw really love the looks of angular, almost boxy cars and the “wedge” look
>this is a design that pretty much stopped existing outside of super expensive supercars since the 90s-80s
>now everything is a fucking swooshy and curvy looking pile of flaming garbage with angery eyes

The Dodge Challenger is the only car nowadays that retains that classic angular look which sucks because it’s expensive and garbage.

I like the 5th gen, but 3rd gen pop ups were sex. Too bad they were fwd.

Is that triangle to show that it's slower than whoever is behind them?

I think, ever since it came out, Priuses have embodied the ultimate "appeal to normies" aspect, although even normies hate it.

>Curves everywhere for M-MUH AERODYNAMICS
>Creases and cut-outs for M-MUH RICER STYLING

why do cars have to become soft and round?
cant they just make sharp cars again?

you all have nostalgia ruled tastes and most of these cars are just boring bordering on bland and tasteless

Skinny tires for dorifto

theres one beautiful mercedes parked in my street everyday.

Starion actually looks good though.

>Boohoo boohoo no simple car anymore boohoo

Yeah ok whatever you say

Friendly reminder that the Fiat Punto is still in production

looks like a fukkin sunfire

>2800 lb. car
>180 hp
>215 width tires
>using the word cuck to describe tires

looks like a fucking 00's passat senpai

>WE ARE FLAMING DRAGON

Sharp cars are dangerous for pedestrians, think of the chilluns!

Because muh pedestrians too stupid to avoid 2-ton vehicles so we have to make cars shaped like bars of soap now.

So is the Civic but it's a big fat bloated mess compared to it's predecessors.

The whole idea is that you can experience the limit of braking and cornering at safe, controllable speeds without going to jail or killing someone. Fucking benchracers.

Fuck off mjet

I have nothing but disdain for that boxy angular look
I hated the way they ruined the mustang with this look as well.

Shit like pic related is the direction it took afterwords and it shouldve stayed that way

best casual/sporty look
>bring back 80-90s look please

Agreed
FD is sexy but looks too much like that same era's Corvette. I prefer the FC.

Actually laughed out loud

aaannnd there a hot piece of shit. There's a reason why you don't see these on the road anymore.

>I prefer the FC.

>tfw I could buy an FC for less than $10k
>tfw there would be plenty of stuff to work on to hone my wrenching
Is there a catch? Other than voodoo magic dorito of course.

>2800 lb. car
>180 hp
Holy shit I didn't know how pathetic these things were until just now.

rust, depending where you are
also, i think the S5 ball joints aren't as good as the S4

other than that, it is an older car

You can thank safety standards for the weight.

Its 2700 lbs and 201 hp
He’s shitposting and you fell for it like a dumbass
And I might be too, desu

Wisconsin, so fuck. I don't mind working on an old car really, I've never owned or worked on anything newer than an '05.

More like 2,785lbs and 177hp at the wheels m8

That's still pretty horrible.

Yes, they were ~really nice~.

that STILL looks like a boring bar of soap

Post more cars please

agreed.

1985 Car of the Year Japan award

We need to go back

>To the malaise

Yeah, it's like all car manufacturers these days are going for that Lambo aesthetic.

They should just stay in their lane and realize that there is a market for simple yet stylish cars. It's like they're forgetting that they aren't selling a luxury car. They aren't targeting the middle class anymore.

looks garbage

always thought it had more to do with aerodynamics

>Dacia
>poor's people Renault