>cv boot on passenger side is fucked

>so it possibly the bearing/axle

>suspension is exhausted

>egr valve is toast but my eyes is good for 2years

>timing belt is due

>AC doesn't work

>lots of small annoyances

>Cars odometer is at 420,000km

Should I keep it and hope for the best? Or just ride it into the ground and go for something different when she dies?

Please help

how have you possibly spent 4k and all that shit is still messed up?

Emissions test* not eyes

All that money when you could’ve had a 3k civic with 1k in mods

Brake rotors and pads twice, new caliper, new brake line, 3 out of 4 wheel bearings, turbo work, cv boot, axel driver side, dual to single mass flywheel conversion and clutch, timing belt and water pump, rad fan motor, windshield wiper linkages, mirror switch, cruise control/turn signal stalk, that's off the top of my head

keep fixing it. you should've replaced all those parts in pairs instead of doing one side. timing belts are unavoidable so you should've planned ahead for the cost.

German crap

>Jetta
there is your problem

I have never seen a decently running jetta that didnt need some work.

Also why did you buy a chick car?

Bought a car that I thought was old man driven for commuting to work

Fuck it, maybe look at another reliable DD for back up and just drive the Jetta untill the day it dies

The car is over 400km...OP could have put another 4k on it and there should be even more parts and work to do.

How much can you sell it for?

Over 400,000km*

At this point I would be expecting a engine rebuild soon...Or buying a new one if that one has already been rebuilt before.

Paying insurance on 2 vehicles doesn't seem cost effective

Maybe 1000$ if I'm lucky

and then you buy a civic for 3k. and then it needs 2k worth of work over a couple years. cars cost money.

how's the interior and paint? is it leather?

No leather, interior is worn, both fenders rusting

In which case I wouldn't be buying your car for more than $500, get rid of it before mire things start to fall apart and you won't be able to sell it without fixing it.

Supposing you manage to get 1k for selling it, how much do you have available to sum and afford a new car.

I know this is a meme, but the 3k manual Civic could be an actual alternative for you.

yea ditch it. post your local craigslist.

>he fell for the ole an old man or woman drove it scam

Sell it and buy a 3 cylinder 5 speed geo metro. They are cheap to maintain, operate, insure and buy.

I've been looking into either a Civic, Toyota Matrix/Pontiac Vibe, or a Jeep Patriot, I live in southern Ontario Canada and wouldn't mind 4x4 or awd hence the last 3, but the Civic gets the best economy

Ha! I have almost the same problem with mine, but with the 2.slow.

I'm not gonna fix mine. Gonna go balls deep and just get a new GTI next week.

This OP Get rid of it, junk it ,sell it, donate it for the sweet tax gibs. Post your god dang local Craigslist and some financial info,needs and wants in car to help you out. we are not mind readers.