/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=9650
u.nya.is/yoybzu.mp4
u.nya.is/zkaivp.mp4
u.nya.is/wojeju.mp4
github.com/project64/project64/issues/1322
lmgtfy.com/?t=v&q=Top Playstation 1 Games
drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YqMPjGo3B2Yi1ZTXRLN0FxUE0/view?usp=sharing
github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/5702
youtu.be/EibPaT6Llp8?t=6m9s
romdepot.endurehosting.com/
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/778
ngemu.com/threads/new-ps2-emulator-attempt.169425/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gonna bump this one last time

>get hankering to replay SF64
>checking out N64 emulators for first time
>start reading about project64 suddenly introducing opt-out malware and eventually nagware into their new builds
Is this something that happens sometimes or was that a one time occurrence? I never really considered that someone would go through the effort of making a decent emulator and then going out of their way to shit it up with malware.

Was Squall_Leonhart one of the Desmume devs? That might explain a few things...

forums.desmume.org/viewtopic.php?id=9650

So getting about 11 fps consistently after 30 minutes of play means it's probably not going to get any better, right?
I followed what it said on the wiki

Nope, performance seems to get worse after more time playing, you're good as you'll get

HUE

Some videos:
u.nya.is/yoybzu.mp4
u.nya.is/zkaivp.mp4
u.nya.is/wojeju.mp4

welp
guess I'll wait for it to get cheap used

>u.nya.is/zkaivp.mp4
This is some very good news to everyone. Your performance is better than mine, but not THAT better (and I was even using OpenGL, Vulkan is faster on most cases). So the emulator is the bottleneck, I can only hope the emulator get even more optimized to run on my toaster. Nice videos btw, they gave me a good comparison

>I never really considered that someone would go through the effort of making a decent emulator and then going out of their way to shit it up with malware.
He made good money from the adware.

Now it has been replaced with a nag-screen that can be bypassed if you edit config.

github.com/project64/project64/issues/1322
I find it weird how some people close an issue, reopen it, then close again lol.. Also boggles my mind when people ask for help, ignore suggestions, then complain :) .

It's too bad progress would have been made, but it looks like we can't have nice things.

>Now it has been replaced with a nag-screen that can be bypassed if you edit config.

Um How? I'm currently trying to play some of my n64 favorites but they don't emulate at the best to 100%
>Bomberman 64
The Opening never Pans inside for that one zoom in view during the title sequence it just fades to black
Then the opening just fades to black with music playing in the background an doesn't load texture throughout the the dialog
>Vigilante 8
The menu's an textures are all mess up
the horizon is all blurry an messed up

Dose any one know hoe I can fix any of this?

just use Mupen64plus

its decent

Alright guys. having issues with emulation.
Running Project 64 2.3.2.202
Trying to emulate Stunt Racer 64. Yes I own the actual cartridge. Took me years to track one down in a local store before I found one several years ago.
The grphics are messed up and the emulator reports the following issue.
>[video] HLE not supported [audio] needs audio plugin

pic related are my specs. Yes, it's a laptop.

You didn't mentioned which plugins you're using and it seems like you didn't even chose an audio plugin. Shiroyushi-or-something-like-that's audio plugin is one of the best ones if not the best one.

haven't downloaded any plugins. The only ones I have are those that came with the emulator. I've never downloaded plugins for any program before. The ones recommended for this game that I could find were Z64gl, and Azimer's audio plugin.
testing it out now.

Got it working Thanks for the help.

Oh Yeah Right I was forgetting one
>Blast Corps
The Over over-world menus is all is missing line indicator an the textures arm flipped upside-down for the vehicles that are supposed to be in the level.

Dude could you play
Blast Corps
Bomberman 64
or Vigilante 8 an let me know how it performs on your setup?

>Vigilante 8
Not him, but I know this game works great with PJ64 and GLideN64. Not so sure about the other 2 games. I imagine those also work best with GLideN64 (as far as HLE plugins go).

>Um How? I'm currently trying to play some of my n64 favorites but they don't emulate at the best to 100%
Open project64.cfg (which is located in config folder), search for [Support Project64], then set Run Count to -1.

What are the best fps games on PS1? I've learned how to play using mouse+keyboard and I want to try something more than Alien Resurrection or the Quake port

>GLideN64
What is that a plugin?
I have Project 64 installed
>just use Mupen64plus

Uhm I tried loading up my Vigilante 8 rom an it crashed

>Got it working Thanks for the help.
Sorry I thought you said you had everything working now so I wanted to try out your settings, best of luck to you in your endeavors mate.

>What are the best fps games on PS1?
My Personal Recommendation
>Panzer Dragoon
>Threads of Fate
But Just in case....
lmgtfy.com/?t=v&q=Top Playstation 1 Games

Thx for the sugestions, but I've said "fps" user

>What is that a plugin?
>I have Project 64 installed
Yes, it's a graphics plugin. You can download it here drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YqMPjGo3B2Yi1ZTXRLN0FxUE0/view?usp=sharing
All you have to do is put the it in your gfx folder, inside of plugin folder.

github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/5702

Looks like Ishiiruka is dead now

Just look at how much issues so far...
I really want an alternative, but ubershaders would not cut it for now (soon, not now)

>Looks like Ishiiruka is dead now
you kidding right? It still stutters

Metal Gear Solid?
If you have never played it have your self a treat. to one of the best stories ever told through Tactical Espionage

Armored Core series
>customization Mecha
horrible underrated for its fps mode you can play through the game with
>I could never get it to work for on my keyboard for some reason I learned about it on a lets play[I'm going to try again tonight on my new emulator]

Time time Crisis would be the one a fun one to play.
I personally never have gotten to it yet because I want to hook it up with a light gun.

Oh, I forgot that I've already played Time Crisis with the mouse in the emulator already, really fun shit. Use Pcsxr-Pgxp, mouse and keyboard + visual fixes at stable framerate (with CPU overclock)

I don't want to say you're retarded, but as per its author's words, Ishiiruka is a build mainly focused on speed while keeping the support for legacy hardware. Nothing stops him from implementing Ubershaders as an optional thing once it is functional, because right now it apparently causes a lot of issues with a lot of games, as most of the people who talked about it and tried the feature here pointed out.

Oh you already played man good on ya
I'm gana Have to put Panzer Dragoon back on the list for shooters... Not really sure about the fist person for that one but I do know the game play is amazingly fun
an then
>Metal Gear Solid
is a must
>Armored Core
(at 6:09 you can see him go into first person mode, I think you press starts an select simultaneously to enter the first person view but I'm not sure I'm looking it up )
youtu.be/EibPaT6Llp8?t=6m9s

I bought the mayflash GC adapter and an original GC controller. I tried configuring it in Dolphin, but things are kinda weird with the L and R analogs. The meter shows it recognizes the analogs, but some things don't work right in game. For instance, in Metroid Prime, the scan isn't working.

Any game where I need to aim is cool with this control scheme (maybe with some tweaking 3rd person games could be playable too)

bump

What's the best video output for Higan? Playing Super Mario World and the video looks a bit janky at times? Not sure if it's just the fact it's scaled up pixels or if it's actually kind of janky frame rate.

I thought about fucking around with Soul Calibur (1) for the first time and it'll be the first Dreamcast game I'll ever emulate, what's is the most recommended emulator if I care about performance over accuracy?

You're welcomed to try and reverse engineering that ucode.
olivieryuyu is the only one who bothers to do such things while everyone else(Projet64/ Retroarch) just take his work without giving back.

I'm having a bad time time with PSX emulation.

I've tried epsxe 1.8, 1.9, 2.0 on the lowest settings and I get crackling audio with a 30-40 fps.

I've tried mednafen and I can only get 30-40 fps with crackling audio as well.

My power settings are set to high performance.

what the fuck
im literally getting full speed psx emulation with epsxe on a mobile i3 and intel GMA hd

The only real key feature of Ishiiruka is async shader compilation. Once the bugs of ubershaders get ironed out Ishiiruka's usefulness diminishes greatly.

I'm sorta curious, how well would Cemu run (poorly I assume but I might as well ask) on a 960M, i5-6300HQ and 8GB of RAM? I know laptop, but I'm a person who moves around a lot so it's pretty much required.

Is this ever coming back?

romdepot.endurehosting.com/

Yeah I don't understand it, it's only using 20% cpu.

Why don't you go try it then come back and tell us

Because that'd require hours of download on my shitty bandwidth.

No. Blame the retarded faggot on /v/ who was so smug because people wanted an snes classic and he thought he was so amazing for being able to emulate.

Update: it runs at 60 fps when I have epsxe in the background but goes back to 30-40 fps when I bring it to front.

>olivieryuyu is the only one who bothers to do such things while everyone else(Projet64/ Retroarch) just take his work without giving back.
Did you even read the discussion? They were trying to help him and he quit.. It true that Retroarch devs take w/o giving back, but not true for PJ64 devs.

>You're welcomed to try and reverse engineering that ucode.
That's not something I'd want to do on my own and judging by that github thread, the scene is cancerous. People are getting criticized for trying to help LOL.

No, did YOU even read that conversation?
do you even know about ucodes and such, just by reverse engineering doesn't mean the game will work out.
ucodes are only used for pity shit like lighting and effects.
Majora's Mask has a bad ucode yet the game is completely payable, unlike those two games.

Get those two games to work in HLE THEN you can bother with with a correct HLE implementation of the ucode.

>No, did YOU even read that conversation?
Of course I did.
>do you even know about ucodes and such, just by reverse engineering doesn't mean the game will work out.
They hardly do any reverse engineering. They just copy from stolen documentation, in most cases..

You act like ucodes are magic. It's just RSP assembly code. The RSP instruction set is well documented (if you have illegal docs).

>They hardly do any reverse engineering.

lmao, to reverse engineer ucodes you need to be proficient in assembly and know very well how the Nintendo 64 behaves and have knowledge in graphics, plus the majority of the ucodes aren't documented or use a modified ucode version.

You act like it's easy work, when no even gonetz can do it.

>plus the majority of the ucodes aren't documented or use a modified ucode version.
Even Turbo3D was documented..

>when no even gonetz can do it.
Doesn't mean anything.

>lmao, to reverse engineer ucodes you need to be proficient in assembly
And that's difficult?? All you have to do is read it. Even if someone doesn't have all knowledge necessary, they can still collaborate with other people.

>Doesn't mean anything.

I understand you're stupid, but don't let it get you down, okay?

How do I get shaders working on RetroArch? I downloaded the 3 different types through it, tried adding them in the first pass, and none of them take effect.

>olivieryuyu is the only one who bothers to do such things while everyone else(Projet64/ Retroarch) just take his work without giving back.

What does this mean? If they open source what they "take", then they are "giving back" by definition and anything worthwhile can easily be cherrypicked by him. There's no requirement for people to explicitly send pull requests back upstream either.

> There's no requirement for people to explicitly send pull requests back upstream either.

Of course, wanna know what are those people called?
leeches.

If I fork an emulator and make a patch for it, I am not obligated to send the patch back upstream. If I provide the source code, then that is enough for the upstream dev to cherrypick my patch if he cares enough.

All these devs go through mood swings and have mental issues. It's not suprising they behave like that.

>I understand you're stupid, but don't let it get you down, okay?
He has yet to even fix microcodes that actually worked fine in Glide64...

Those "working" microcodes in Glide64 are nothing more than hacks.

>Those "working" microcodes in Glide64 are nothing more than hacks.
proof? I would love to use these "hacks" so that I wouldn't have to switch video plugins as much.

>I understand you're stupid, but don't let it get you down, okay?
Gonetz can't do a lot of things. Deal with it. He heavily relied on documentation for HLE.

When is someone going to make a PS2 emulator that isn't hot trash?

You can go read the source code yourself, even GlideN64 uses some of them, it's not like Gonezt goes around hiding the fact that hacks are used.

>I would love to use these "hacks" so that I wouldn't have to switch video plugins as much.

This is what Retroach mupen core aim to and fails miserably to do.

thegangster256 is writing one

How much until the next update? No one seems to be able to contact the guy about this project

Either you're only thinking about RE2 or you're just making strong assumptions. I haven't seen Gonetz claim that Glide64 is simply using hacks for other microcodes that work better in Glide64. Regressions are a legitimate problem with GLideN64. The difference isn't always due to "hacks".

>This is what Retroach mupen core aim to and fails miserably to do.
How is it failing miserably?

Such as? ParaLLEl-N64 just uses Glide64 for HLE.

>All these devs go through mood swings and have mental issues. It's not suprising they behave like that.
It's a real shame, but I guess you're right. It seems very difficult to work with some of these people. They just don't listen..

>Either you're only thinking about RE2

There is literally a section in the GlideN64 code for hacks, Jesus Christ, you really didn't even bother to check do you.

>this is what Retroach mupen core
Not talking about Parallel, pal.

Some of the hacks usage in this convo.
github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/778

I've seen it. It uses hacks for stuff like winback. What I'm saying is that there are microcodes that work better in Glide64 and there's no obvious hacks as far as I could tell.

For instance, Nintama Rantarou has these annoying black lines. Not a problem in Glide64. GLideN64 also doesn't have the lines when using LLE, so it's a microcode issue.

So you're talking about the newer Mupen64plus core that uses GlideN64?

Where are these hacks, then?

So, I can't go fullscreen on mGBA without it stretching the image? I want to play it with frame size 2x on fullscreen, is that not possible?

I was just memeing you, I can't help laughing every time I see his nickname

hps2x64 is so slow it's unusable currently

Better try contacting this guy, he sent few people a private beta and then disappeared (too bad it's closed source): ngemu.com/threads/new-ps2-emulator-attempt.169425/

how the absolute FUCK do i run pc engine cd on ra
>format: ccd, cue
>syscard3.pce on system (bios) folder
>mednafen pce fast/mednafen supergrafx
crashes for every fucking game

Read logs carefully.

I know that HPS2x64 is slow, it's so slow that hurts to even record a test (also, it's so slow that the only video on the entire Youtube showing a game running is my Silent Hill 2 video), but I just love to cover to progress of any new attempt at emulation for any system. What are the chances of this guy you linked really answering anyone? Someone so far has shown proof that it's real?

bios or cuesheet. Always those two. Double check the cuesheet. Often they ahve absolute file names.

pretty simple to work for me

I beat rondo of blood with it, I just selected the cue file and ran the core and it booted

make sure you have the bios files from the wiki I guess

>This is what Retroach mupen core aim to and fails miserably to do.
Yea that's too bad.. They are not doing so well with N64 emulation. They seem to be behind even M64p and are certainly behind Project64.

At least PJ64 backported F3DTEX/A. Hopefully they will also backport T3DUX.

thanks for the help guys. it was both the wrong bios, and the argument to open it on the frontend.

Where are people download Nintendo games' ROMs nowadays? Looks like every good site decided to delete them for some reason.

Fuck off Nintendo

they laughed at us for having hoarding tbs and tbs for all consoles... well who's the sucker now!!

Yeah, ok, but can you help out?

Anyone?

No, fuck you Nintendo

There are videos in the thread and he released a PSX (AdriPSX) and a DS (Duos) emu in the past

Are you joking or do you seriously believe I'm a fucking Nintendo employee? lmao

Employee, fan or someone wanting to be spoonfeed: fuck you

I'm seeking some fucking help here you motherfucker, if you don't want to provide it then just ignore the comment.

1. Read the wiki
2. Fuck you

But there's nothing about where to find those ROMs on the wiki, only about ROM hacking.

8TB and counting here. Go nuts Nintendo take all the sites down. I'm good.

LEARN TO READ YOU RETARDED, IT'S RIGHT THERE!

Found it, but do you really have to be such a faggot in every answer you give?