/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Transport Quest edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Livestream 6/20: youtube.com/watch?v=fvKE9iVz-Ig#t=34m

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames#1
youtube.com/watch?v=i57Wx-rnbXQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Monster Hunter World!

Mixed sets exist. For example, the JhoCena set in MHXX that gives Sharpness+2, RS and 7 points in Expert with 3,1,3,1,3 slots without any charms. That's a pretty good general melee set.

Yer out!

how do i jit jood

Because it looks more "legit" and functions the same.

I hope that with the more hardcore audiences of PC, PS4 and XBOX, cheating won't be an issue.

#4THEPLAYERS*

*Also on PC and Xbox

>hardcore

I hope that the Xbox version of Monster Hunter World is able to utilize the power of the Cloud(TM) for even a greater AI.

The AI already looks AMAZE-BALLS!!

RESET THE TIMER!

Until an anti-cheat system is developed where a professional murderer is dispatched to the homes of people caught cheating, cheating will always be a problem.

I mean, give me immunity and I'll do it gladly...

Holy shit bros!! MHWorld is #1 in Amazon pre-orders!!!!!!!

$4THEPLAYERS

amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames#1

I wish for great things for /mhg/.

Lagombi a cute. CUTE.

>when you didn't get the replies you wanted so you post it again, not even over an hour later.

lol

>this view counter having his threadly breakdown
go take a cool pic of your amiibos next

Reminder to bellykiss your cat lolis before every hunt!

Does anyone know if a Japanese copy of MHXX will be compatible with a NA Switch? If it isn't coming out in English and JP is an option I might just try my luck with Kiranico translations.

I'd pet their moofas if you know what I mean.

This can't be happening bros, We gotta pre-order more!!!!!!!

I believe the Switch is region free.

Yes, Switch is region-free. I and some other people are also importing.

Would I need a physical game card, or is there a way to access the Japanese shop?

that aint bing bing man

Can I see the PC preorders?

>what's xbox sales?

You can import physically (amazon japan or amiami)

or

make a new nintendo account with japanese region, it's super easy. you will need to buy eshop points from amazon japan though

PC port will be an afterthought so we probably won't hear shit about it until 2018

Thanks for the info, I'll probably just order a physical copy on Amazon.

Doesn't even chart in PC or Xbox

Thick
Lagomorph
Thighs

PC will be "at a later date" Because everyone would buy it on PC otherwise. Console release is stated on "March 31, 2018" though I have a strong feeling it will be pushed back.

Here's how to make accounts for different regions
youtube.com/watch?v=i57Wx-rnbXQ
It's useful if you want to download games early or download japan only games or if they have games cheaper.You can do it for any regions.

I hope we can get a sizeable MHXXSwitch community going.

RIP. Thanks for checking.

Yeah, it wasn't listed on amazon ca when the 40% E3 pre-order deals were up. As for the date, it's just a placeholder date for Q1.

It has to release before that date because it's a FY2017/18 title. What's with all these newfags man?

Is that Edmonton bro who was going to import the MHXXSwitch version here? Is your 3DS cfw? I'd really like to install cfw on mine so I can convert my Gen save to X save.

I bought into the Dauntless Founders Alpha, it starts August 18th. If I decide it's shit I'll default to MHXX in all its moon rune glory.

This general is dead af. Anyone playing mhx or mh4u?

Which one did you buy? Did you have a chance to play it before you bought into it?

Are you interesting in Custom Quests?

Currently playing MHFU.

I went with the $40 (basic) package. I was so pissed about no English MHXX that I went in blind. Stupid, I know. But I need a 4 player boss battle fix to hold me over til MHWorld.

whao, is that the megamann armour?

I can't handle 140 rajang. Unless you need to cart in record time I can't help you.
Forgot that I have this on my phone, that is for the reminder.
[SPOILER] the controls suck. [SPOILER]

Anybody up for a 4U newfile room?

Shame.

I think MHWorld will be the first game that I completely solo because I am going to pirate the shit out of it so Capcom won't get a sale :)

I put 200 hours into MHX to make a near perfect melee clown suit and near perfect HBG set. Wish /mhg/ still played.

We still play Generations, not sure if you meant that or the Japanese version.

Why have the standards of pirates fallen? We used to pirate all 3DS MH games and play online.

That's what they deserve for betraying us, Nintendo FTW!

I don't think this will be possible with the PC version
Um fuck off consolewarrior trash, I am pirating because they delayed the PC version. Take you shit elsewhere.

Sorry- meant MHGen.

If you can, you should get MHXX so you can play with us Switchfags when we import MHXX

I don't even use SnS but I hope blade oils return because I think it's a great concept in general. One of the main benefits of the weapon is that you can use items while unsheathed and I think they should take this even further by having more unique items that the weapon can use. For example, I was thinking like special elemental bombs that only SnS could use. Or maybe even built-in special items specific for each weapon similar to how bowguns got built-in ammo.

More people play MHXX.

Move to MHXX genius.

Blade oils are trash and should stay in shitty anime spinoff games like XX where it belongs.

Is it true that in Japan, horn players are seen as absolute fucking losers

A FOB told me this was the case

I hate fun too user.

Only in 4th gen where they do no damage.

It's frontier as fuck though. Literally sword stones.

user, try and be reasonable here. It's basically the same thing as arrow coatings. I think they're a good idea that makes use of the fact that you can use items while your weapon is out.

Arrow coatings are just as stupid as there's literally no reason to use anything other than power.
It's just a stupid flash flash paintjob that only makes the game needlessly more complicated and easier.

what weapon did you all start with?

Bow was my first and is still my favorite.

GL to L
It seems like a more fun version but gameplay quickly shows it isn't

SnS, then great sword and finally settled with LBG

SwAxe in Tri.
I am a hard Charge Blade main now.

SnS.
Then I fell in love with Long Sword.

No matter how many other weapons I play I always come back to LS.

SnS -> GS -> LS -> DB -> Bow

Bow a best.

>there's no reason to use anything other than power
Unless I want to paralyze the monster, poison the monster, break a specific part that's weak to a certain element...quite a few other reasons, user.

>stupid flash flash paintjob
I've never seen someone so violently autistic they type the same word twice out of bitter anger at an argument on the Internet, but you do you. Also, if you care to explain why SnS oils are shit instead of harping on arrow coatings go right ahead.

For me, it's McChicken

>you do you
cringe, Can you stop using nu-male phrases?

>cringe, Can
Why caps the C? It came after the comma. Unless you're trying to be subtle and not put * around cringe, but still have it be an *action*.

lance. thought i loved it.
after the first 30 hours, dropped it for LS, then tried SnS and never looked back

Because it's a new sentence, sweaty.

You don't end a sentence with a comma, it's a pause. You need a period (which you on right now it seem) to full stop a sentence.
Don't try to hid it, we all know you wanted to type *cringe*.

GS in F1, back when they had no charge.

Your right tee bee haych. it s just that saying crigne with a cpital C looks weird hah

Different guy but I have conflicted feelings on power coatings. Currently bow needs it to keep up with the damage of other weapons, but the result is status and close range coatings being muscled out by power coatings because it's such a massive difference that it's difficult to justify status coats when you could just use power coat to kill the monster so much faster, not to mention stagger it more easily.

It makes bows which can't equip power coat instantly inferior to those that can, which cuts down massively on weapon variety. In 4U it's especially bad since there are zero armour pieces that have power coat add on them and it can only show up on LR charms.

I feel like power coat should be adjusted somehow, power coat add needs to be easier to add to sets (should be a 5-slot imo), or non-power coat bows need to get something else really enticing to give them appeal.

>You've fainted!
>Reward reduced to 0z

OwO!!!

All right, newfile 4U room up.

ID is 53-1074-2368-0852
Pass is 7243

Feel free to join!

85th for Monster Hunter on Nintendo consoles was a huge mistake.

Lance, learning monsters was hard.
Then I got gud and started using bow.
Then CB in 4U for the GPmeme
Then HBG and LBG after I saw some hame runs.
Then Bow because I liked gunning.

Now I'm using hammer. Simple but fun as fuck, and now that you know most of the monsters's moves I try to get two KOs per hunt, at least one depending on the monster.

His tail is way more dangerous than his hips imqho

Anyone up for XX turns?

MonHun will stay dead as long as Crapcom continues to speed up monsters.

Can anyone give me a hand with a Zinogre on X? We can do turns after or whatever

02-6286-2677-1211

>pw:7243

user, i.....

I'd join.

Capcom's statement about "not casualized" is completely retarded. casualization isn't even bad. changing weapons in camp now opens up more intimidating weapons like HBG to the masses; oh fuck i ran out of bullets then carted, no biggie swap back to LS. this is a good thing.

however making a statement about STILL HARDCORE GUYS is dumb as fuck. clearly it's not because a new player isn't stuck shooting Normal 1 for 49 minutes; they use a flare and change their weapon. dev team needs to own up, these are good changes and they don't need to say we wuz hardcore n shiet

GS in the very first game, then idort in every MH I've played since.

Did I type it wrong on the 3DS...?
I wouldn't put it past me it's almost 3AM, I'm sleepy (and salty for carting to Zinogre's tail twice in a row)

Room is up.

SnS, because that's what you were stuck with in MH1. Now it depends on what I'm stuck with thanks to the desire sensor and on the monster. Because fuck what some nerd says, I'm not fighting a Diablos with an hammer.

They never said hardcore though.

Jhon here
Im ded weight Im sorry