/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Smug Edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite oldschool and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

Play Quakeworld for free: nquake.com/
Play Quake 2 for free: q2s.tastyspleen.net/
Play Unreal Tournament 4 for free: epicgames.com/unrealtournament/
Play Warsow for free: warsow.net/
CPMA DEZ Installer (comes with maps and doesn't require base Quake 3, make sure to save configs as my.cfg and not autoexec.cfg): drive.google.com/open?id=0B0wfFzzjvCheTVVzSmdnQ1BLUms
Xonotic: xonotic.org/
Link to Quake 2 Starter with Quake 2 and its expansions: mega.nz/#!EAxAlSwa!9v0PQ7QgN60mXDptMqWXvdAC2srSCnb7pGPqZojG2QI
sourceforge.net/projects/voretournament/

Quake Champions closed beta signup: quake.bethesda.net/en/signup
QC beta is now 24/7. The beta is no longer under NDA.
UT4 Patch Notes: youtube.com/watch?v=rNE1XN6E1Cc
Quake Champions interview with Zero4 and Tim Willits: twitch dot tv/videos/144807974
twitch dot tv/videos/144852481

Duel Tutorials and Tips:
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtube.com/watch?v=f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=n2tdDZWSGy4
youtube.com/watch?v=dkED2PSrl1c

Slipgate to the previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nmmqarQRSSE
youtube.com/watch?v=q76UNcuKSVY
bethesda.net/community/topic/66518/patch-notes-for-6-28
youtube.com/watch?v=4BT91bn-2pM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Hunter is the cutest and most pure Quakefu and I am going to marry her.

Consensus on the latest patch?

I hope they add her to the game next.

i hope they don't

I hope you kill yourself, user.

Then I suggest you look away from QC too.
Reflex is similar to cpma. Which is different from Q3.
Warsow is an odd one to me and I don't know it enough. Feels more team oriented.

Both of these games feature maps that would be completely new to you though. Aerowalk is the only map in comp rotation that's old for reflex. Warsow has practically only new maps and the movement system is very different from other games. Tutorials are very good too. It's just 500mb and free so just try it.
I'm surprised but I really like the clutch change. He feels viable now. They need to up the cooldown on his ability now though.
I hope they dress her in a warm winter coat.

i hope waifufaggets kill themselves first

warsow is not more team oriented there's a very well made duel mode in it bomb just happens to be a unique gamemode for warsow that we played

Gentlemen please Why not both?

>faggots wanting hunter next
>faggots wanting bitterman next

>not wanting orbb or bones next

>I hope they dress her in a warm winter coat.
You are truly worse than the devil himself.

i use cg_forceenemymodel specifically so i dont have to see orbb and bones faggots

you seem agitated about skeletons

le epic doom may may! /tips le fireblu

>calling perverts faggots

did you know there's a skeleton inside you right now + two eyeballs?
these are essential things you know
that's why we need them in the game
i'd like to see you play the game without bones or those eye-orbs in your skull

waifufags are sissy homos that like getting pounded in the butt

youtube.com/watch?v=nmmqarQRSSE

that man clearly isn't a wobbling pile of flesh and skin
not convinced

>jerking it to women
>homos

i'm not gonna link boogie2988, i'd rather keep my lunch down

>h-haha guys i just like hearing moaning sounds as i jump i think shes hot thats why i play a girl in first person not because i'm a closet faggot

I mean, he's not totally wrong, if Hunter wanted to pound my ass with a thirteen inch amazonian girlcock, I'd be okay with it.

Girlcock still equals hetero, user.

CPMA is better than Reflex.

where all the UT4 players at tho

youtube.com/watch?v=q76UNcuKSVY

We really need a proper grenade launcher in QC

we need a proper duel more

Why not both?

they're playing Paragon or playing UT99

>actually playing the game
>he's never used vanilla q3 to set up a botmatch between his waifu on nightmare difficulty and a bunch of other female bots on easy, then jerked off to her decimating the opponents pretending it's her dominating and fucking them

any underrated arena games/fps with movement mechanics like bhop or sj worth getting on the steam sale?

no. just play CPMA, is free user.

i already play CPMA

Nobody plays Paragon

Why isn't Halo CE on Steam/GoG yet? They should also get rid of needing unique CD keys to be able to play LAN desu

Bump

What does everyone think of the new patch? I think it corrected some of the weapon balance since the rockets are much better now. No longer LGing vs someone hopelessly trying to aim delayed rockets.

Two decent patches in a row. I'm kinda impressed. Wonder what next week will bring

Followup: Is anyone getting some hiccups at some areas of maps in this new patch, I noticed it on dm6? I have a GTX 1080 and a 6700k, so I don't think I should be getting any ( I think it is frame hiccups but I noticed my internet was a little bad the other day so maybe not 100% confirmed yet ). This is in TDM only though so far ( all I've really played ). I play all on low but at 144hz so maybe that's still why. Haven't played Lockbox yet to see the patch noted performance increase there.

clips dot twitch dot tv/RefinedCutePartridgeCurseLit

I thought carnage was like a spic chad?

Bump

Rockets may sometimes penetrate Clutch’s shield.

so lets get back on topic guys who would you like to see in the game?

Also there once was a guy who made the DK rap with Doomguy it was cash can someone post it again?

HE'S THE LEADER OF THE BUNCH
YOU KNOW HIM WELL
HE'S FINALLY BACK FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL
HIS SUPER SHOTGUN
CAN FIRE IN SPURTS
IF HE SHOOTS YA
IT'S GONNA HURT
HE'S BIGGER
FASTER
AND STRONGER TOO
HE'S THE FIRST MEMBER OF THE id SOFT CREW
HUH!

When they add Doomguy to the roster we must spam this on the forums.

Servers are down boiis ;~;

a-another update?

Yes

What is it this time? Or has the lg/hmg/rl rework not been implemented yet?

bethesda.net/community/topic/66518/patch-notes-for-6-28

more optimization, noice.

ID working hard before the qualifiers begin

Oh man imagine if the game is shit during the qualifiers. The game would be DOA.

The mechanics in these vids are always so beautiful it pisses me off. I feel like I'll never get to that point if I don't sell my soul to Carmack and give Romero a BJ

>furryshit

>give Romero a BJ
He'd be pretty psyched

rude

>Not liking foxgirls

>liking weeb shit

>these chucklefucks who ALWAYS quote the ENTIRE FUCKING POST and add 'wtf beth gay'

user I have some bad news for you, this Mongolian image trading sight is... full of weebs

But user why don't we just shove them in a slipgate

No Slipgates are closed, we gotta find another way out of here.

Lawbreakers beta begins today, will you play the new hot arena shooter from cliffy b?

why would I play Lawbreakers when I have Quake?
They can't stop us from getting home.

Implemented slideMove collision physics (wallclipping) to smooth out collisions that occur when a player clips the edge of a wall or ceiling shortly after performing a jump. (Added in the 6/27 update)

Fucking sweet.

What if the Quake Champions duel mode is timed at 10 mins like the duel of old, and the dueling players will play through all the champions but they get to choose the arrangement of their spawns. A winner will be announced when one of the players run out of champions or the timer runs out - one with more champions alive wins.

that doesn't sound so bad but how do you prevent someone from snowballing the match?

What if some of the champions just suck desu?

People will most likely just put their best champions first desu. And I don't think there wouldn't be that much of a snowball if a player fucks up early. It's just like CS:GO's pistol round, Dota 2's 0:00 rune spawns, and LoL's first dragon kill

well there will be if they fight early it means that the winning party can restock on ammo HP and AP while the other one is with his starting weapon. This is even worse if they fight right before one of the Megas respawn giving the other a decent advantage.

Some champion's gimmicks allow you to get back in the game pretty quickly (i.e. Scalebearer, Visor, Ranger). Basically any of the 'gap closer' or really mobile champs can help in this regard. This could also be fixed with decent spawns.

>the winning party can restock on ammo HP and AP while the other one is with his starting weapon
This is true as well with the other quakes and even other arena shooters though, and only a very few complain about muh stacks and muh timings when playing from behind. Do Quake Champions' differing character stats and abilities really make that much of a difference?

The issue with QC is a sheer lack of small pickups to scrape together against an enemy who is super stacked. There are a few green armors for 25 ap but that does fuck all against anyone above Ranger's size stack

they should put some 5 AP's around the map in Duel so you can go up against a super stacked Scalebarer or Sorlag

The contrarian answer would be
>L2-Aim pleb

But id really needs to consider bring shards and 5hp bubbles back at least for duel

It's the biggest issue with making quake noob friendly. It's the essence of quake and its at odds with what noobs feel is fair.
I feel they did a great job at that. Nobody controls the small pickups in duel. So you're really only having a 100 damage disadvantage vs a full stacked opponent at worst (assuming characters can be considered balanced). So OOC play is way easier. The thing that hurts the game is the frag limit. It's very unforgiving. If they upped it people would feel how powerful OOC is.

Also hitting a rail tends to lend you more of an advantage than the overstack because of how quickly it ticks down. Hitting a sneaky rail on someone jumping to RA on ztn used to be an equalizing move at best. Now it gets you ahead, especially if you hit them after the pickup. So really they've almost made OOC and in control balanced.

I don't understand how people can complain now. The more legit complaints I feel is how rail heavy the game is.

Nice

The reason the game is so rail heavy is because the downtime is not long enough it's only one second which is not a problem when you only have heavy characters who can tank 3 shots but when you have characters like Nyx or Ranger even who can tank 1/2 rails it becomes very easy to and very efficient to kill them with the rail.

No most of the rail battles that exist make the cooldown irrelevant. Observe some high level duels. Nobody uses it where it'd all that relevant relevant simply because it's such a high risk weapon in that situation.

High risk because of how volatile the game is with the abilities, low health pools etc.

are the servers online again btw?

fag

youtube.com/watch?v=4BT91bn-2pM

QW > CPMA > Doom 3 > Warsow > Quake 2 > Quake Live > UT2K4 > Quake 3 > UT99

is ql even a good way to practice for qc

>Doom 3

Delet this.

is top tier and objectively better than rail champions or rail live

Aerowalk in Quake Live is such shit why do people play it? Style of the map is completely ruined by slowness and rail spam.

will there be some official ESL stream for the qualifiers?

Bad thing: I hare BJ shitters so Goddamn much

Good thing: I learned to love the lizard

>I hate shitters, so I became one
?????????????