Is this the end of car ownership?

Is this the end of car ownership? theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/oct/23/owning-car-thing-of-the-past-cities-utopian-vision

why are journalists such cucks?

>London this
>Paris that
>Europe the other thing
Sorry, I live in America™.

>To put it another way: after a century in which the car has sat at the heart of industrial civilisation, the age of the automobile – of mass vehicle ownership, and the idea (in the western world at least) that life is not complete without your own set of wheels – looks to be drawing to a close. Top Gear is a dead duck. No one writes pop songs about Ferraris any more. The stereotypical boy racer appears a hopeless throwback. And in our cities, the use of cars is being overtaken by altogether greener, more liberating possibilities.

>The stereotypical boy racer appears a hopeless throwback.

Veeky Forums eternally btfo, get with the times losers.

I'm being sarcastic, btw.

This is the most cucked article I have ever fucking read, why are no-car Londoners such disgusting freaks?

>more liberating alternatives

Have fun on your bicycle, cuck.

It's weird how these people are obsessed with the proletariat giving up what little they own yet whenever they're asked they consider themselves to be looking out for the poor and the helpless.
I don't know if I hate liberals more than rightists do but it's sure fucking strong I'll tell you what.

Because the vast majority of them are far left. The political disconnect between the press and the public is actually a growing problem.

>Earlier this year, forecasters at Bank of America tentatively claimed that the US may have reached “peak car”,
When will Europe reach peak cuck?

I hope we already did

Don't consider these retards far left, please. To equate their latte-drinking, UBI will solve everything asses with centuries of genuine attempts at solving issues is a genuine insult.

They already did.

>(and it has to be said: in a city as diverse as London, the idea of traditional black cabs, mostly driven by white British men, representing a comparatively progressive option seems flimsy, to say the least)
Only the dead can know peace from this cuckery.

Eurocucks don't have a strong car culture like burgers and ozzies do.

If your automotive history included British Leyland, you probably wouldn't be proud of it either.

Our car legacy

kek i live in england, we dont own our cars we're just registered keepers.

No you do own it as well as being the registered keeper, that's why you should always get a receipt when buying a car, it's proof that you now own it even though you aren't yet the one responsible for tax and insurance because you aren't yet the registered keeper

Late capitalism: Where nobody actually owns their own stuff and nobody gives a fuck.

It's literally an editorial you morons.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I guess they don't live on planet earth.

They could still get into Jap stuff like burgers and ozzies did.

>Latest stage capitalism: Where nobody actually owns their own stuff and everybody adheres to sharia code because diversity

as someone smart once said, the end goal of social justice is a perfectly proportionate ruling class

>more liberating possibilities
In what way is getting on a fucking London tube train liberating?

>Final stage capitalism: selling expired MREs from my dog-drawn wagon in the radiation filled desert formerly known as Tennessee while evading Jihadi raiders

Kill yourself commie faggot scum, you're the ones these fags are enabling with their Alinsky-esque destabilization and weimarization of the western world.

Gives (((them))) more space

Do Americans own cars or do cars own Americans?

If they so choose, at any time, an American can destroy the car, but not the other way around.
Or, wait. Fuck.

All it boils down to is this
>city cucks think they are the center of the universe
>people who make these laws and people who agree with them are usually bus riders and/or never driven a real car before and think cars are just tools to get you from a-b and not a pleasure

America is large, and the only way to get around it cheaply and comfortably is by car.

>we don't our cars
yes we do

Because dealing with other faggots on public transport is clearly the future

America is large, and most people don't even get out of their city limits on 320 days of the year.

That cat knows what's going on ....

>don't even get out of their city limits on 320 days of the year.

Please make that 365 days. Stay out of our parks and wilderness areas and off of our scenic roads. Don't ever leave your concrete confinement areas.

please kill yourself you fucking commie

>looks to be drawing to a close

>no one writes pop songs about Ferraris anymore
Except for, y'know, the people who do???

>implying these people know about this when theyre busy drooling over the thought of everyone using buses and trains

I don't get non-politician liberals. They claim that they are or want to help the 'poor and oppressed', but then they elect to take away all the instruments that help keep the 'poor and oppressed' free.
Did they just drink too much flavor-aid or something?

>end of car ownership
maybe for citycucks
doesnt make much sense to have a car when you live in the most dense cities in europe
stop generalizing europe

Late stage capitalism: when wealth concentrates so much that its effectively identical to communism.

They already did that to your phone. And in many cases, your house. And your *degree*.
Cars are the next target.

They're paid to write things like that to shift public opinion so the powers that be can get the public to go along with their vision for what to do with the world.

but what's the point of that when it clearly is not working

It's psychological warfare 101. You just keep banging the drum until people accept that it's the truth. And when it gets repeated enough then the folks with the money know that if they spend it on the idea that's being echoed then they can profit.

I'm okay with taking our guns. Guns are not freedom. Cars (and bikes) are freedom, however, freedom of movement that no other transport can provide.