Oldschool Runescape / OSRS General - rs07g osg

Cheater Edition

>Membership sale notice
You can currently buy 3 months of membership for the price of 2. This can also be done via in-game bonds.

>Latest news
- Australian servers added for roo riders
- Deadman Summer Invitational for $20,000 prize has begun
- Mining Guild expansion/rework, new minable mineral introduced
- Click-box improvements and ::displayfps
- The Inferno, new fight caves for the melee BIS Infernal Cape
- Mor Ul Rek, Tzhaar city expansion

>Communication
Home World: 327
Clan Chat: OSG
/RS07/ Highscores and XP Tracker
rs07g.com/

>/RS07/ Infodoc (READ BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS)
docs.google.com/document/d/1--e4eVMtEgoyUJUoxyFNFIuXJO2CR_y_YzElBUa9UgA/pub

>Prices & money making
services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_oldschool/
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making_guide

>Twitter
twitter.com/OldSchoolRS - twitter.com/JagexMatK - twitter.com/JagexAsh
twitter.com/JagexJohnC - twitter.com/JagexRonan - twitter.com/JagexArchie
twitter.com/Jagex_Ghost - twitter.com/JagexWeath - twitter.com/JagexMaz
twitter.com/JagexKieren - twitter.com/JagexJed - twitter.com/JagexWest
twitter.com/JagexRoq - twitter.com/JagexWolf - twitter.com/JagexRy
twitter.com/JagexStone - twitter.com/JagexEd - twitter.com/JagexTomH
twitter.com/JagexSween

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Death
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good edition

nth for Hook is cute.

>internet being shit
>can't play runescape
>can barely shitpost

shaking my head to be honest family

nth for wiki girl

I've been out of the loop. Are raids still relevant? Is Inferno feasible without extreme autism?

>Is Inferno feasible without extreme autism
nope

discord link?

raids average out as best pvm cash in the game but have a somewhat steep learning curve to do efficiently and require good gear

inferno is basically impossible without maxed stats and twisted bow unless you are a literal god

raids are good. inferno is reasonable with tbow once you learn mechanics, fairly difficult without.

>steep learning curve
Do groups take learners or am I going to have to study my ass off before attempting them?
>good gear
How good are we talking here?

every thread until you like it

ask in game not here

the cc doesnt masses sometimes and they take anyone, I would get in on one of those. If you are trying to get into one of the raid spamming CCs they usually require 100+ kc and flawless gear. Think dragon warhammer + ancesteral + rigour/augury

Damn, okay thanks.

posting just to call that guy a retard who was recomending tort+bcp over everything else.

come watch my rs gf stream
www twitch tv/s_spirit

Posted this on leddit as well but I could really use the help.

plz no bully

Okay, I have a near-maxed Combat account, but I'm still quite a noob when it comes to high-level/end-game content and gearing. I only seriously started playing Old School in April of 2016, having played as a kid from 2006 right up until EoC. It'd be an understatement to say I've far surpassed my 7-year old account I played as a kid in the ~1 year or so that I've been playing my main on OSRS.

Anyways, my situation: I'm 99 attack/str/defense/hp, with 80 prayer, 92 range, and 85 magic.

All of my boss kill counts, except for Kraken and Thermy, are at 0.

I have a torture, anguish, ring of suffering, and prims along with full void, all fremennik rings, and most important barrows sets and pieces, along with important untradables like a fire cape, barrows gloves, and a fighter torso.

My question is: where do I go from here in terms of gearing up? Should I spend all the money I earn finishing up 99 slayer and stuff on maxing out magic, prayer, and ranged? Should I save up for a spectral and a bludgeon so I can start doing Cerberus? When do I get an SGS? How about Zammy Spears and Hastas? When should I get Tassets and BCP to complete max melee gear?

All of this together is like 200m and that's not even considering DWH for raids and all this other stuff.

I just don't know how to efficiently work towards all of this gear to get myself in a position to start applying to decent PvM clans and maybe doing some efficient solo's of my own.

My total bank worth is maybe ~90m in total, all things considered, with the vast majority of that tied up in prims, and zenyte jewelry (minus bracelet).

What would you do in my situation?

I'd love an in-depth reply, and if you wanna work on this together, leave your rsn and we can team up and figure things out.

that's pretty low magic to be honest, i'd work on that

>If I call people retarded enough while never refuting the points I'll be right eventually!!

Did you buy your account? Why did you feel the need to post this on reddit as well?
You can get 85 prayer and be done with it until maxing (max cape/max combat). Magic is relatively cheap and should be trained to at least 94 magic, barraging slayer tasks are the current meta.
You'll gradually level range cannoning slayer tasks.
I'd get an sgs before bludgeon/spectral. Spectral is highly suggested for cerberus, you could live without the bludgeon.
Buy a hasta whenever you get your next cerberus task or dragon task that you don't want to skip. Buy the rest of your gear when you have enough money.
You don't need BIS gear for training slayer, don't stress it so much. And you could always sell and rebuy what you need/aren't using.

ign?

>Did you buy your account?

No lmao, I just have zero late-game/end-game experience on this game.

>You can get 85 prayer and be done with it until maxing

Dope, thanks.

>Magic is relatively cheap and should be trained to at least 94 magic, barraging slayer tasks are the current meta.

Good to know. I was aware that barraging nechs/dust devils is current slayer meta but I'm not too concerned with slayer efficiency. I just hit 97 and all I haven't cannoned, barraged, or piety'd a single task. Inefficient as hell, I know, but it helps when you're working on schoolwork/studying.

>You'll gradually level range cannoning slayer tasks.

Like I said above, I don't cannon anything besides Smoke devils if I don't feel like doing Thermy. I'll just spend the money on chins and knock it out to 99 when I have the time.

>I'd get an sgs before bludgeon/spectral. Spectral is highly suggested for cerberus, you could live without the bludgeon.

Good to know. Yeah, bludgeon didn't seem too essential for Cerb.

Thanks for your advice.

Any idea how to actually earn this money though? Should I just set a goal of like 99 hunter and spend that money on training what I need?

I also just realized I'll need ~82 construction at some point in the future also, which isn't particularly cheap.

are you going for max? go for 99 in all profitable skills if so

these redit spaces are giving me terminal cancer fuck off tard

Yes, max is an eventual goal of mine.

Think I should just set aside PvM aspirations until I've 99'd some more profitable skills like Agility and Hunter?

My Runecrafting is 72 right now, but I really don't want to train it until I've maxed out all my Diary lamps on the skill which should hopefully get me to either 75 or 77, and from 77 I'll just afk bloods to 82 and that's when I'll start no-lifing double astrals.

Who even told you that this place exists were you fucking recommended to come here from some fag on reddit? God reading your posts is painful.

pls gz

>My Runecrafting is 72 right now, but I really don't want to train it until I've maxed out all my Diary lamps on the skill which should hopefully get me to either 75 or 77, and from 77 I'll just afk bloods to 82 and that's when I'll start no-lifing double astrals
zmi isn't too bad, you can do that to 77.
>Think I should just set aside PvM aspirations until I've 99'd some more profitable skills like Agility and Hunter?
getting 99 in profitable skills would allow you to buy gear with your profits, but it isn't necessary. people have said zulrah is still a decent way of making money, but I can't confirm this because I only raid. in the end, it's up to you. do what you enjoy lad and don't force yourself to do things!

It would be a good idea to train your slayer and also work on getting 99 range/mage. You could do a boss heavy slayer task list and learn those bosses as you go. You'll find some bosses you like and some you don't like, and make money along the way. You could try joining a pvm clan that isn't that big to get some experience with bosses that you can't solo, and maybe to find a raids team.

Nah, I've posted on Veeky Forums for longer than I've had a reddit account. Typically just lurked /pol/, Veeky Forums and /p/, and now Veeky Forums since that came out somewhat recently.

This is just my typing style lmao, I'm sorry it doesn't sit well with you.

gz

who am i gzing?

ignore retards like him. they will bash you for anything they can find. anyway, i'm heading off so good luck lad

>haha ignore people trying to preserve what little quality Veeky Forums has left
I realize this is probably in the bottom 5 generals in one of the bottom 5 boards, but have some awareness and foresight.

reformat his post how you would have preferred to read it, i'm honestly curious

>the spacing
>the verbosity and excessive politeness
>the "I asked this on reddit first"
All that's missing is emoticons. He's pretty much asking someone else to plan the next 100 hours of his game time for him when he would be better off just playing the game and doing his own research on wiki and youtube.

>reformat his post

That would be dope man. But I haven't had much experience reformatting posts. I'm working towards being able to reformat posts, so any help in this area would be appreciated.

>how you would have preferred to read it

Honestly bro, I can't read that well at the moment. I've been trying to memorize what all the different shapes mean but it's a bit too much for me. I'm just copy pasting messages into Translate and having them read to me in a robot voice.

>i'm honestly curious

Cool man, leave your rsn and we can get in touch.

Cheers.

10/10

haaaaaaaaaaaaa redit has been absolutely unoquivecolly undeniablly assblasted roasted burned BTFO

Do actual players use the blast mine?

so what's the deal with the shark fishing buff i've seen on here?

is it actually going to happen or just trolling?

It was talked about on stream and a news post. They've probably already forgot about it though.

200k rune ore lmao

Two-pints is CUTE!

kill yourself

>twisted buckler been dropping for quite a while
>decide to sell mine yesterday
>look at ge tracker today
>the price graph went up
*sweat*

About to do Monkey Madness again, it's been about 8 years since I've done it, I hope it's not as difficult as I remember it being.

>92 range, and 85 magic.

>but 99 melees

you that prodigy?

it's seriously easy as fuck, it's just tedious from all the running around

nothing compared to MM2

Could be a lot worse.

I trained melees through Slayer.

drunk slut probably takes 4 dicks a night

>rc isn't your lowest stat
???

Easy with antis and 43 prayer if you know what you're doing.

>getting merched by the meme buckler

>1.2m xp from 98-99
holy autism goodbye the next 15 hours of my life hello spamming rapid heal in nmz

I'm trying to use a knife on Achey Tree Logs, but all it says is "You're not sure what you would make with these logs?"

Am I missing a quest?

Whata your favorite boss? Mine are/is dks. They are comfy as fuck

yes

I enjoy soloing Zilyana from time to time when I need to blow off some steam.

As an Ironmeme should I alch yew longbows strung or unstrung?

both probably

try stringing yourself

I want to learn how to solo her as well tho everytime i want to go, I dont really want to or hesitate.

preserve fucking what? I never got this I have been a lurker since 2007 why do people hold this site so dear, what makes Veeky Forums so special like really, what do you get here that you can't get anywhere else, everyone was a retarded kid back then and if you weren't you're some 30 year old guy still browsing this website and getting mad at people for liking other ones

Big Chompy Bird Hunting.

As long as one of them is mine, what is there to complain about?

>im factually wrong but i keep spewong my idiocy anyways!
Nice try bcp retard. Im sure youre one of those autists who wear bcp and torags legs too huh? You dont even understand the game nor basic addition so fuck off

elite void or god hide + arma helm at corp?

What's the best way to go from 35 to 53 farming?

Plant trees, I've heard the tithe minigame is good but I haven't tried it. In my experience fruit trees are cheaper than regular trees but if money's no issue do both of course

Does anyone know why avast has issues with the official client? I added the exception and everything and it still wont start, its just stuck on the loading configuration like this
I didnt have this issue on 32 bit windows but on 64 bit i do..

Redpill me on black salamanders

theyre animals that spit fire

niggers

uninstall avast

I'm currently erping at Port Sarim...

Is he cute?

Kbd doesnt count for wildy task, right?

it's not in wildy, so I assume not
test it out, you piqued my interest

Nope

>nust logs in
LET THE CIRCLEJERKING BEGIN

n00b here.
Do you lose all items on death? Is there permadeath?
Can other players pickpocket/steal your items?
Why the fuck are redditors lurking here?
Thanks in advance.

oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Death

>tfw completely forgot wiki- existed
Thank you so much, sorry I'm retarded.

>why the fuck are redditors lurking here
explain?

Scroll up nigga.

heavy diarrhea incoming! requesting immediate backup mayday mayday were pinned down!!!!!1!!!

*pulls down your pantsu*
okay ready to go!
call me when youre done so i can give you a fresh, clean diaper :3c

oh thats just some idiots from reddit that think being here longer than someone else matters and they will do everything they can to prove theyre oldfags

new shitposting meta lads

holy shit never crapped so bad in my life
i mean i had diarrhea before but now it was 100% liquid like wtf
can post pic if anyones interested

>I become the nigga and actually read the posts
>this is my 3rd retard moment today
My B man, thanks for clarifying. I only saw the spacing and I started sperging.

osrs is literally mostly redditors, designed for and by reddit, as evidenced by this general
my recommendation is to stay away

>finish trip at money monkeys
>check equip screen to see if I need to repair my skirt (no homo)
>see I'm missing blessing & boots
fug